Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah, he was only using normal Super Saiyan and even that seemed like overkill against Frost. I get the feeling Frost was supposed to be around the level of Final Form Freiza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you mean frieza from his return in super? I could see that, since any earlier and piccolo should have been able to beat him in like one hit

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

No, I meant the 100% Freiza Goku fought on Namek. It makes more sense that Piccolo would have trouble with him then be able to fight someone on Buu's level, really.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Momomo posted:

No, I meant the 100% Freiza Goku fought on Namek. It makes more sense that Piccolo would have trouble with him then be able to fight someone on Buu's level, really.

But piccolo went toe to toe with android 17 and only lost on the account of being a flesh and blood mortal who actually got tired from being punched a lot.

I think you're just racist against Namekians.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

But piccolo went toe to toe with android 17 and only lost on the account of being a flesh and blood mortal who actually got tired from being punched a lot.

I don't think Frost is as strong as Revival of F Freeza, but he's definitely stronger than normal Freeza. Mostly because he has to put some kind of effort into things.

I'd wager he's somewhere in between Revival of F and 100%.

One important thing to remember is that in Revival of F, Freeza wasn't going all out in his final form. He was just going at his base final form power. He simply didn't waste time going full power because he had an even greater form.

Frost clearly was at his limits and utterly out matched against regular old Goku. Goku going SSJ was just him being mean.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Freeza was also notoriously lazy in the main series. It's implied that the last time he fought seriously before Namek was against Bardock and the Saiyans, and even in that fight he didn't get out of his chair. Frost at least gets around into battles and stuff. I'd expect him to be around Cell-era Piccolo or the Super Saiyans.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wanna remind you guys that Piccolo had trouble against what's-his-face from the Frieza army.

Power level consistency went out the window loooong ago.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Pureauthor posted:

I wanna remind you guys that Piccolo had trouble against what's-his-face from the Frieza army.

To be fair, Sasimi did train for 4 months.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Pureauthor posted:

Thank god they fixed it in Super.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hey, power levels are always consistent:

Goku
Today's Villain
Vegeta

This space intentionally left blank

Everybody else in some order
Yamcha

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

I'm sure Frost wasn't meant to be that weak, I just mean that he's more comparable to a Super Saiyan than a Super Saiyan 3. Piccolo's surely gotten stronger since 17 but since he's done absolutely nothing since then, it's impossible to tell by how much.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's no way in hell that Frost is meant to be as strong as Buu but power level discussions should always come back to "whatever makes for the best* story at any given point"

*their opinion

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Momomo posted:

I'm sure Frost wasn't meant to be that weak, I just mean that he's more comparable to a Super Saiyan than a Super Saiyan 3. Piccolo's surely gotten stronger since 17 but since he's done absolutely nothing since then, it's impossible to tell by how much.

Goku's base Super Saiyan form is FAR above 17 though.

I imagine Frost is somewhere between 17 absorbed and Perfect Cell.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rutibex posted:

Goku should stop hogging all of the good techniques and teach Piccolo the Kaio-Ken, then he could multiply his power and keep up with the big boys. I mean how many times does the universe have to be in danger because Goku is the only one who knows how to teleport? Its just irresponsible to keep these moves to himself, especially considering how often he shamelessly steals Tiens techniques.

Really though, Goku has never been a teacher. He's a fighter. I doubt he even knows how to teach those skills to another fighter.

King Kai however is a dick head. Maybe he's just ornery about being dead all these years and won't teach anyone else how to Kaio-ken!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Drowning Rabbit posted:

King Kai however is a dick head. Maybe he's just ornery about being dead all these years and won't teach anyone else how to Kaio-ken!

Last time he tried, his student paid him by destroying his house and killing him and his pets, then evaded every chance he had to bring them back to life.

Honestly I would stop teaching too.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Goku's base Super Saiyan form is FAR above 17 though.

I imagine Frost is somewhere between 17 absorbed and Perfect Cell.

Where do we have a metric from on how he compares to 17? It's all sort of conjecture, but it kinda feels like growth after SSJ was a lot slower than before it.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
The humans couldn't physically handle the kaioken because they're not physically durable enough.

Piccolo should be able to, otoh, but he may not need the tech given his perfect ki control (without knowing more about what kaioken does exactly)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

visceril posted:

The humans couldn't physically handle the kaioken because they're not physically durable enough.

Tien didn't need to learn the lovely Kaio Ken, he already invented a better technique for multiplying his power back in Dragonball :black101:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY9g-0d7BK0

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Hey, power levels are always consistent:

Goku
Today's Villain
Vegeta

This space intentionally left blank

Everybody else in some order
Yamcha

tbh goku is only the strongest character in dbz for the period between going super saiyan for the first time and the androids showing up

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Really though, Goku has never been a teacher. He's a fighter. I doubt he even knows how to teach those skills to another fighter.

Even before then when the other Z-fighters were there, he really didn't teach them poo poo as far as I can tell. He spent most of their training staring at Namek while they all hosed around.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

Tien didn't need to learn the lovely Kaio Ken, he already invented a better technique for multiplying his power back in Dragonball :black101:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY9g-0d7BK0

He didn't invent anything, that was the Crane Hermit's move. Credit where its due, he might've been a monster who was bad enough to ruin every friendship or similar he had, and was more than willing to murder his students if they became unruly, but he made a drat good move.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

Where do we have a metric from on how he compares to 17? It's all sort of conjecture, but it kinda feels like growth after SSJ was a lot slower than before it.

He did go toe-to-toe with Perfect Cell, 17 couldn't even deal with 1st Form Cell after he had absorbed a few thousand people.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

He didn't invent anything, that was the Crane Hermit's move. Credit where its due, he might've been a monster who was bad enough to ruin every friendship or similar he had, and was more than willing to murder his students if they became unruly, but he made a drat good move.

I thought that was Tien's own ability. Crane Hermit had the finger beams and flight.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
It was taught to him by the Crane Hermit. Though while Shen invented the move, Tien was the one who took it to new heights.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Yeah, the original Kikoho is a Crane Hermit move. Roshi even complains when he sees it the first time about his counterpart teaching a move that can kill the user to someone. However, it's Tenshinhan that created the much more powerful (and also far more deadly to the user) "Shin" version that is powerful enough to keep Semi-Perfect Cell in place in spite of Tenshinhan being far weaker than Cell.

If anything, you'd expect the series would make more use of that. Stuff like the Kienzan, Kikoho, Makkankosappo, and Final Flash that were able to hurt enemies far beyond the user's power. Instead Final Flash is used a grand total of once, the Kienzan is never effective and the anime entirely misunderstands how it works because Toei, the Kikoho gets some really cool moments but ultimately the only one it hurts is Tenshinhan himself, and the Specially Weirdly Named Cannon disappears only to reappear to fight Shisami (in which it does nothing) and Frost (where it would've definitely been a winning trump card...if Piccolo didn't get poisoned).

The Dragon Fist also greatly amplifies the user's Ki but it's a movie move so we'll never see it in-canon, plus it was a basically perfect move with no weaknesses when a constant point of those moves is that they're all flawed to make up for how powerful they are.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Real talk guys. That Piccolo/Frost fight wasn't that great. I watched it after all the hype and I was very disappointed. Seems like Piccolo might have been able to win had he, you know, FOUGHT instead of gimping himself by going in one-handed and dodging around like a lunatic the entire time.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

uh that time he fought perfect cell?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I don't remember Frost fighting Cell.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

I don't remember Frost fighting Cell.

Well maybe you should re-read volume 49 of the manga :colbert:.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

uh that time he fought perfect cell?

When did he do that? I only remember Piccilo fighting first form Cell and getting anywhere. He has his rear end handed to him by semi-perfect Cell, and even a Cell Jr.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Who'd win: Piccolo or Saitama?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Rutibex posted:

When did he do that? I only remember Piccilo fighting first form Cell and getting anywhere. He has his rear end handed to him by semi-perfect Cell, and even a Cell Jr.

We're talking about SSJ Goku

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Covok posted:

Who'd win: Piccolo or Saitama?

This was answered literally in the first chapter of One Punch man

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Who'd win: Taopaipai or King Chappa?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Who'd win: Taopaipai or King Chappa?

Taopaipai. King Chappa got knocked out with one kick by a kid Goku.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Covok posted:

Taopaipai. King Chappa got knocked out with one kick by a kid Goku.

Yeah, but that was after Goku had been training for three years after beating Taopaipai.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

King Chappa shows no Ki knowledge, so it's likely he's weaker than Taopaipai who can use the Dodonpa.

He'd also fight honourably while Taopaipai can and will do anything to win.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

Real talk guys. That Piccolo/Frost fight wasn't that great. I watched it after all the hype and I was very disappointed. Seems like Piccolo might have been able to win had he, you know, FOUGHT instead of gimping himself by going in one-handed and dodging around like a lunatic the entire time.

goku told him he couldn't win

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Why was Piccolo even on the team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

sharktamer posted:

Why was Piccolo even on the team?