Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Firstborn posted:

Abraxas, Mortal Kombat, Hard Target for me. Hider in the House is another one. Also really like Stay Tuned. The impressions really crack me up... honestly The Shadow might be in 5th place, I have to give it another listen. Although I've listened to quite a few more than once or twice. They can go so far off topic it might be better to remember the bits than them on the movies.

The whole deconstruction of The Shadow's weird aggressively passive aggressive way of getting helpers was pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Anything with "White Guy Karate" is usually gold.

Also The Substitute was great for all the times the main character's internal monologue is in a panic over trying not to kill every single person he sees for no reason.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Matrix Revolutions, Invisible Child, Cyber Seduction, Nukie, Space Jam.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ghostbusters 2 - had to turn it off several times in the train because I laughed too hard.
Child's Play 3 - if only because of the bonus "slack jawed so and so" Coach Abraxas bit.
Butterfly Effect - Just plain great.

I keep hoping they'll pick up Cyberbully sometime to followup Cyber Seduction.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Oh, I also really like the Maaareo Brothers one. Bob Hoskins RIPD.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I liked the discussion of how best to unnerve the people viewing your execution

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Firstborn posted:

Oh, I also really like the Maaareo Brothers one. Bob Hoskins RIPD.

"That's another fifty thousand."

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Attack of the Clones has to be up there just for the bit where Cliegg Lars keeps asking for progressively more perverse alien/robot/whatever sex slaves from Watto, up to and including a shaved Ewok.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

sean10mm posted:

Attack of the Clones has to be up there just for the bit where Cliegg Lars keeps asking for progressively more perverse alien/robot/whatever sex slaves from Watto, up to and including a shaved Ewok.

Also finding out the name of elan sleazebaggano

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I liked the discussion of how best to unnerve the people viewing your execution

They're great at coming up with that stuff, like how to make a mess at your hanging from Judge Dredd.

"Citizen Szyszka, are you sure you want 16 bean burritos for your last meal?"
"Just you wait."

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Croisquessein posted:

They're great at coming up with that stuff, like how to make a mess at your hanging from Judge Dredd.

"Citizen Szyszka, are you sure you want 16 bean burritos for your last meal?"
"Just you wait."

I liked the part on the Judge Dredd episode when they find out that the 2000AD comics are from Britain and get mad about the movie being set in America and full of American actors. Even though the comic is itself set in America since it's explicitly a satire of American politics and culture.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

bobkatt013 posted:

Also finding out the name of elan sleazebaggano

This reminds me, it's not my favorite episode but maybe the hardest I've ever laughed at WHM was the return from the Son of the Mask green sperm deleted scene intermission.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

weekly font posted:

This reminds me, it's not my favorite episode but maybe the hardest I've ever laughed at WHM was the return from the Son of the Mask green sperm deleted scene intermission.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Some new evidence has come to light."

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
I really, really like Brainscan.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

CountFosco posted:

I really, really like Brainscan.
:hfive:

Their episodes are so consistently entertaining/hilarious that it's hard for me to pick favorites, but Brainscan sticks out for me and might just be it. The guys' not-Joker voices, everything with Jeremy the intern (think that's his name, I need to relisten to the episode), and their descriptions of the crazy/silly plot. Plus I love any episode that ends with them recommending the movie despite (or because of question mark) them having a blast trashing it the whole time.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I wanna see Jeremy and Brian the Keanu houseguest in a buddy comedy written by Eric Movie produced by Martin Cinemax.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Them insisting that the guy in Moontrap speaks exactly like Chekov.
Nick Nolte, time traveling Nazi hunter.
Wilford Brimley's offense at John Woo daring to ask if he knows how to ride a horse, followed by Wilford Brimley tearing out his stunt double's throat, culminating in Wilford Brimley's horse in Hard Target retiring to the bottom of Wilford Brimley's pot.
That weird tangent about JCVD's shaved taint in Time Cop.
Rupert Murdoch hunting angels and offering to teach Henriksen how to breathe fire.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

weekly font posted:

I loved that bit, and now I need to rewatch it.

As for favorites, I kinda like them all, but I think The Watcher is one that I'm overly fond of. "Brian!"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Wilford Brimley's offense at John Woo daring to ask if he knows how to ride a horse, followed by Wilford Brimley tearing out his stunt double's throat, culminating in Wilford Brimley's horse in Hard Target retiring to the bottom of Wilford Brimley's pot.

Cajun Wilford Brimley is all you need from Hard Target, really.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Rupert Murdoch hunting angels and offering to teach Henriksen how to breathe fire.

No need since they both interned at Slytherin house

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Oldboy imprisonment is how South Korea elects its new leader :mmmhmm:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Oh man, Bee Movie Podcast. What an idea!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

There was actually an old thread where someone was reviewing Bee Movie in 10 minute chunks, and it turned into a general "terrible computer-animated movies" thread, if you really want to see how bad that'd be.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Holy poo poo, the Legend of Gary.

Steve's story of the homeless man near the end rivals his story of the old guy leaning on his wife for support to fart. I lost it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"His first words to me were not at all surprising, 'Sup bro?'"
:jerkbag:

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

TheFallenEvincar posted:

"His first words to me were not at all surprising, 'Sup bro?'"
:jerkbag:

Gary? That you?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'd rather be the tiniest hulk than the doughiest man in a party of fat mans

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I can't believe they had an extended riff on George HW and Reagan talking about Spring Break, without having Bill show up to crash the party.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

I can't believe they had an extended riff on George HW and Reagan talking about Spring Break, without having Bill show up to crash the party.

It was part of their deregulating the dojos campaign.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

duz posted:

Oh man, Bee Movie Podcast. What an idea!

Everyone is buzzing about it!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Vermain posted:

Cajun Wilford Brimley is all you need from Hard Target, really.

He's a WHAT?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Gyges posted:

He's a WHAT?

WHAT?!

WHAAAAAAT?!?!?!

...fine.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"I got a beard now. I-I-I'm a man!"- Jake Gyllenhaal

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
The Keanu "Brian!" but cracks me up but I don't understand their reference. Someone help me out?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dr. Clockwork posted:

The Keanu "Brian!" but cracks me up but I don't understand their reference. Someone help me out?

Just the fictional friend who signed him up for the Watcher

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Count Chocula posted:

Think of it as a comedy podcast from 2 Daily Show writers and a goony buddy that just happens to use movies as a structure (tho they do know their poo poo). I dunno why there hasn't been a crossover - the Flop House fans always rep WHM, that's how I got into them.

There was a crossover of sorts. Each show tackled one of the Clint Eastwood orangutan movies.

WHM did Every Which Way But Loose while the Flop House did Any Which Way You Can.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dr. Clockwork posted:

The reference is just trying to take Keanu seriously when he's mad at you.

The Watcher might be one of my new favorites.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

SilentChaz posted:

There was a crossover of sorts. Each show tackled one of the Clint Eastwood orangutan movies.

WHM did Every Which Way But Loose while the Flop House did Any Which Way You Can.

The best part of those movies is if you describe them to someone now, they'll probably think you're delusional.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I really fuckin hate Gary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
You know, we had a lot of criticism towards the guys regarding the ads they had before the show, so I think it is just fair to praise them now. I don't know what exactly they did, but they fit much better into the show now, it is generally pretty funny now and actually help setting the mood for the show. Maybe it's just that they stopped sticking to a script and added more improv, but whatever it was, it really works.