Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

quote:

As far back as people can remember (about 76 years), the Nine Pillar University has been the greatest institution of arcane education. Teaching all nine schools of wizardry without prejudice it has faced many problems, political, metaphysical and just plain physical. None of these events however are quite like the ones it faces today.

Dean Witchbetrayer has been found dead under mysterious circumstances, at the same time as forces outside the University try to get it to close it’s doors forever. Sentient beasts roam the country side, former students send explosive letters and arcane sex crimes are absolutely on the rise. Someone even plane shifted a nearby bridge for fifteen minutes during peak hours last month.

The school’s stance has always been the same. “Those are clearly sorcerous acts. Wizardry is a noble field that requires too much self control to interact in any way with the criminal element.”

However things were getting dire, so the nine wizard department heads called a secret meeting amongst the staff to save the university. And possibly, themselves.

Welcome to a Wizard Mafia. This is a closed game for 21 players, it is very role heavy and is likely unbalanced (hint: Wizards.) Besides signing up, I will require you to send me your magical signature. Ol' Dean Witchbetrayer for an example was very fascinated by cats, and you could tell when he slung spells. meow

A standard day is 48 hours. The first day will be 72 hours long and more leeway will be given on weekends. Days might be shortened as corpses start outnumbering the living.

Game specific rules
Standard rules apply with the exception that you are free to keep voting and talking after when you hit hammer. There are mechanics in play that may affect how tough it is to hammer folk.

Each player is a spell caster and knows two or more spells and each of those has an activation cost generally ranging from one to three. Every night they gain two spell points, and unspent spell points are kept over to the next night.
Targeting the same player with the same spell two consecutive nights in a row causes the spell to fail.

A role PM might look something like this:

quote:

You are Thorn Witchbetrayer
You are the Dean of the Nine Pillars University, the most coveted job in the whole of the Wizarding world. The pay is great, job security second to none and all you have to do is delegate and wag your chin once in a while.

Each night you may cast spells from your spell book, as long as you have sufficient spell points. You gain two of those every night.
You may not target the same person with the same spell on consecutive nights.
Aura of Importance (3)
During the day it will take [number of players divided by five] more votes to lynch you.
Summon Staff (2)
You call someone to a meeting after work, wasting their whole evening.
Forbiddance (1)
Some words are bad and not fit for a magnificent institution as this one. You may forbid one word from being uttered. Every time a player says it, they will take one less vote to lynch.

You are Wizard-aligned Dean and win when all threats to the University have been eliminated.
While a flip would look something like this:

:frogsiren:BorkMorkPork, Thorn Witchbetrayer, Wizard-aligned Dean, has been found as a pile of ashes.:frogsiren:

Player List
  1. Podima
  2. imgay
  3. Mithross
  4. JakeP
  5. Jimson
  6. Aafter
  7. Kashuno
  8. Rurea
  9. Lumpen
  10. SirSamVimes
  11. CapitalistPig
  12. Jon Irenicus
  13. Friction.123

Doktor Per fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
(Reserved)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
FIRST

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lmao, this looks hilarious. Okay sure.

Do you start with any spell points on Day 1?

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
No, unfortunately the first spell points you get will be N1.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do you also submit the wizards name?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

Do you also submit the wizards name?

Echoing this question actually, I missed that part.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
You may, but if you do not do so, I will provide.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
This looks interesting, and I've been on haitus from mafia for quite some time. Sign me up.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Seems I started this at Mafia over-saturation. :/

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ill play

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
sure, looks like it'll probably be a while for signups since some games are still running.

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.
gently caress it, I'll do two.

I'm gonna gently caress it up and its gonna be sooooo good

Aafter fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 7, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I didn't read the rules so ok.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I WILL PLAY

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
If I don't receive a magical signature, I will assign

quote:

fart
to you instead.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Sign me up as a wizard smoking a bong, also he is fighting a dragon and the dragon is lighting the weed w/ his fire breath.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
don't be ageist and sign up

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

imgay posted:

don't be ageist and sign up

Yeah. Be a cool wizard and drink some potions.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'd love to take part in WIZARDRY.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok I will wizards

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I think I pretty much have to sign up.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jon Irenicus posted:

I think I pretty much have to sign up.

:irony:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
I suspect I secretly hate playing mafia but there's only one way to find out, put me in coach.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Friction.123 posted:

I suspect I secretly hate playing mafia but there's only one way to find out, put me in coach.

Secretly?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Kashuno posted:

Secretly?

Ok maybe openly?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Actually I need to unsign up. 21 players is just too much for me to read. I'm gonna pass for a smaller game.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I have a desire to be an rear end wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Unsign me thanks

• Locked thread