Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
You don't want things to be awkward between the two of you so next time in the locker room pass him a note that says "Do you like me? Yes [_] No [_] Oss [_]". That should clear things up between the two of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
lol

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Yuns posted:

You don't want things to be awkward between the two of you so next time in the locker room pass him a note that says "Do you like me? Yes [_] No [_] Oss [_]". That should clear things up between the two of you.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Randomly stumbled on this match between Joao Miyao and Megaton. Hopefully it hasn't been addressed in the last X pages.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZWYok0EKug&t=142s
Why does Miyao lick his fingers when he's attacking Megaton's hands?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I can't think of any practical reasons why - might be a nervous tick of some kind. I will sometimes run my hand through my hair in neutal positions despite having it cut short...it's a weird stupid habit.

Then again the Miyao's are just plain weird.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
There's nothing weird about specializing in scurrying up the backside of people's pants

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Those guys are definitely on the spectrum somewhere.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

Randomly stumbled on this match between Joao Miyao and Megaton. Hopefully it hasn't been addressed in the last X pages.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZWYok0EKug&t=142s

Heh, I can make myself out way in the background.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Got caught in a RNC last night and as he made me tapped he whispered "Stockon". Highlight of my first 2 months. Laughed for a good few seconds.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
If ya'll aren't planning on spending all day watching college wrestling on ESPN3 then I don't even know why you woke up this morning.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Thoguh posted:

If ya'll aren't planning on spending all day watching college wrestling on ESPN3 then I don't even know why you woke up this morning.

I got you fam

15 seed David "King of the Upset" Terao just made the semis at 125

e: he got a fall in the quarters with what looked like kesa gatame

e2:
do you think Garrett and Hall have the same barber?

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 18, 2016

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ch3cooh posted:

I got you fam

15 seed David "King of the Upset" Terao just made the semis at 125

e: he got a fall in the quarters with what looked like kesa gatame

e2:
do you think Garrett and Hall have the same barber?

Ref is gonna give the wrong guy points at least twice in this match.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

kimbo305 posted:

Watching this vid he does it a few times too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iwEs5lkrBg

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 18, 2016

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

The finish of that Meredith-Jordan match...

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ch3cooh posted:

The finish of that Meredith-Jordan match...

I'm on an airplane and just watching stick figures on Track. What happened?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Thoguh posted:

I'm on an airplane and just watching stick figures on Track. What happened?

Jordan got a TD late in the third to go up 1, with :03 left Meredith somehow locked on a cradle and turned him for back points at the whistle. Meredith wins 5-2

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ch3cooh posted:

Jordan got a TD late in the third to go up 1, with :03 left Meredith somehow locked on a cradle and turned him for 2 back points at the whistle. Meredith wins 3-2

Owns. I've got a soft spot for the Wyoming guys. Their social media stuff is great and I've been watching their videos/listening to their podcasts all season so they've become my second Big XII team.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Thoguh posted:

I don't know my Comcast credentials :saddowns:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

origami posted:

Those guys are definitely on the spectrum somewhere.

Also at least one has mastered the art of defending submissions by pretending they don't exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9kCHmzEtq4&t=75s

There's one a minute later that's just as bad if not worse. Feet aren't supposed to bend like that :gonk:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

colonel_korn posted:

Also at least one has mastered the art of defending submissions by pretending they don't exist.

There's one a minute later that's just as bad if not worse. Feet aren't supposed to bend like that :gonk:

I like that the other guy looks at the ref like "Do.... do I break his foot now?"

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Thoguh posted:

To watch Pan Ams?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

colonel_korn posted:

haha yeah I was actually at this tournament and couldn't believe it while watching

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sprecherscrow posted:

To watch Pan Ams?

My point stands.

Semifinals are on ESPN at 8 eastern. Get hype.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm looking for some simple takedowns while rolling, I've heard ankle picks are good if you have a height advantage. Is that true/anyone have any good videos?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Seltzer posted:

I'm looking for some simple takedowns while rolling, I've heard ankle picks are good if you have a height advantage. Is that true/anyone have any good videos?

Single Leg and Double Leg are the two simplest and most utilitarian take downs ever, and everyone should know how to do them.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Harai goshi and osoto goshi are also good.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Harai goshi and osoto goshi are also good.

Do you mean o goshi (big hip throw, both feet planted) or osoto gari (outside leg reap)?

e. all three of those are good to know. I'd recommend that a novice figure out the mechanics of o goshi before working on harai, though, for balance reasons.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

De ashi is another pretty good simple one for gi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFgPK3l5d9U

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Seltzer posted:

If you have a height advantage, focus on snapdowns and see what people are giving you openings for when they defend them.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Do you mean o goshi (big hip throw, both feet planted) or osoto gari (outside leg reap)?

e. all three of those are good to know. I'd recommend that a novice figure out the mechanics of o goshi before working on harai, though, for balance reasons.

Oh woops I meant to say osoto gari but yeah they're all cool, judo is cool (except the names which I can never remember).

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Oh woops I meant to say osoto gari but yeah they're all cool, judo is cool (except the names which I can never remember).

Be an autistic 12 year old with access to a judo throws poster and then become a club secretary whose job it is to design a grading spreadsheet and you'll have them all partly memorized in a mere two decades.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
Why doesn't the ibjjf site not list which mats the open class are going to be on @ 330?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Snyder-Gwiazdowski was as good as advertised

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ch3cooh posted:

Snyder-Gwiazdowski was as good as advertised

That was probably the best HWT match I've ever watched.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Thoguh posted:

That was probably the best HWT match I've ever watched.

Yeah those guys did not move like the heavyweights I am familiar with

A Wry Smile
Jul 19, 2014

Well, at least now it's over.

colonel_korn posted:

De ashi is another pretty good simple one for gi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFgPK3l5d9U

Just gotta hop in to say that this guy's vids are terrible. He literally does everything wrong. Here's how it should look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcSMGRq0HMY

A Wry Smile fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 21, 2016

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

https://www.facebook.com/miltonbastosbb/videos/vb.480736151953661/1215909585102977/?type=2&theater

:stare: That's a nasty loop choke

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies
Competed at Pan Ams. Dislocated pinky sucked and I had to steam room to make weight but still took second in white belt lightweight. Other than feeling like I was going to vomit after every match it was pretty awesome.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

I watched a competition over the weekend and it was amazing how many times I saw people tap, the ref didn't see it, and then deny it after the opponent let go of the sub. Also saw some nice justice when a teammate got ran into the scoring table during a take down, and then actually took down into the table (but still no dq for his opponent), who then a few minutes later had the most satisfying rnc against the guy. Wish I had been recording it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
What a thug