Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Berzerker posted:

Bob to Dax! on Untucked: "If I had to describe your padding in one word, it would be suspicious."

lmao

found it

still laughing at this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Capsaicin posted:

I might be visiting friends in New England soon. I hope I don't get seasick too easily :(

This is amazing!

CLF also had one of the best lines during the episode when Kim Chi fell during rehearsal "...And my heart just fell out of my coocoo!".

She's so adorable!

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Eight Dollars posted:

To be honest, I doubt half the queens there could do a good I Will Survive and am super bummed about how staged that whole shocking elimination was.

My top 3 prediction is Bob, Derrick and Naomi. Kim Chi's gonna leave fifth because you can tell they're giving her the kind of Katya "I lack confidence in myself" edit which will lead to a realization but then a fall to the bottom two where she'll be beaten by a good dancer. Then she'll win Miss Congeniality.

I totally can see that happening to Kim Chi but I just don't see Derrick or Naomi in the top 3 at this point. Derrick has already demonstrated that she can't design or construct a garment, she faded into the background in the dance competition, and she's not doing anything to push the boundaries or be really memorable. Can she sing, act, or make me laugh? Naomi is gorgeous but had a really weak look last week, I don't know if she has other hidden talents we have yet to see but she isn't coming off as a big personality either and I think given the other queens, she'll need to be to get the spotlight.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

A God drat Ghost posted:

I totally can see that happening to Kim Chi but I just don't see Derrick or Naomi in the top 3 at this point. Derrick has already demonstrated that she can't design or construct a garment, she faded into the background in the dance competition, and she's not doing anything to push the boundaries or be really memorable. Can she sing, act, or make me laugh? Naomi is gorgeous but had a really weak look last week, I don't know if she has other hidden talents we have yet to see but she isn't coming off as a big personality either and I think given the other queens, she'll need to be to get the spotlight.

Yeah I expect Derrick and Naomi will get read by the judges (especially Michelle) for resting on Britney/body in the next couple episodes.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

A God drat Ghost posted:

Apparently Derrick can sing. I was listening to Jonny McGovern's podcast The Gayest of All Time (formerly Gay Pimpin') today, and the gang all went to the premiere party. They were saying that each the queens got to do a number, and Derrick shocked everyone by coming out and singing live.

They also said that Acid Betty's track kept on skipping, so she finally just shouted "gently caress it!" and stomped off stage without doing her number.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Combed Thunderclap posted:

in the Queens' Commentary last week Violet revealed she always built tearaways and other gimmicks into her outfit just in case

Last week's commentary in general, and this bit in particular, really made me appreciate Violet more. In some ways, one episode of her chatting with Raja gave me a better sense of what she's about than all of season 7 did.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Cael posted:

Please somebody get a GIF of at the end where (I think) Naomi says "shut the gently caress up" in response to the LSFYL result and I will be eternally grateful.

You've got it. :toot:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Can I please request a gif of Bob imitating the whole "she done already got herses" because that loving slayed me and the wife here.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm going to have way too much fun with this...

It's going in my permanent reaction gif library.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I'm surprised how much I'm liking Cynthia and Chi Chi already, I totally didn't expect much out of them but they're both really charming! Cynthia especially, I think if she doesn't make top 3 she'll be a great candidate for Miss Congeniality. I'm also loving how insightful Bob is in during her talking head bits, and the way she's totally running the show in Untucked.

I'm not shocked that Layla left, she was giving me serious Hot Topic teen goth vibes and that just doesn't stand out anymore. Seeing her cry when she left was so heart wrenching, though :( I would have liked to see more of what Dax could give, but she wasn't really...bringing it at all, especially during the lip synch. I think Robbie and Naomi may not be long for RPDR, since they're already fading into the background and I'm not sure what more Naomi can do other than be gorgeous (but she is SO beautiful).

Did anyone else notice that Naomi wore the same shoes from her intro on the runway this ep?

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
This season is weird for me so far: I love Kim Chi almost based on looks alone (okay she's also a TOTAL sweetheart and that's coming through in Untucked) and Thorgy Thor for completely the opposite reasons. Either way, it's a MASSIVE improvement on last season. I love an unrepentent bitch, so I'm excited for Acid Betty. I've also enjoyed the show a whole lot more now that I've started ignoring Reddit and Twitter.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

I'm not shocked that Layla left, she was giving me serious Hot Topic teen goth vibes and that just doesn't stand out anymore. Seeing her cry when she left was so heart wrenching, though :(

Yeah I liked Layla and would have liked to see her grow a bit in response to the competition. However, this season is so jammed with talent that there's just not room for someone who's not already pretty drat near the top of their game.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Speed Crazy posted:

This season is weird for me so far: I love Kim Chi almost based on looks alone (okay she's also a TOTAL sweetheart and that's coming through in Untucked) and Thorgy Thor for completely the opposite reasons. Either way, it's a MASSIVE improvement on last season. I love an unrepentent bitch, so I'm excited for Acid Betty. I've also enjoyed the show a whole lot more now that I've started ignoring Reddit and Twitter.

Agree with you 100%!

I liked Thorgy in the short "Meet the Queens" video, there was a acerbic spunkiness to her, and she's one of the best in the talking head segments. Bob reigns supreme, though.

Robbie's talking head moments are what's keeping her in this for me. She's not a wow on the runway, I'm waiting for her to change up her look somewhat. The wigs need some loving WORK.

At this point, my top three are:

Bob
Kim Chi
Chi Chi

The three of them represent different facets of drag: with Bob being the comedy queen, Kim Chi being the makeup goddess (plus the sweetness!), and Chi Chi being gorgeous and with the plucky Southern poor back story. I'd honestly be happy with any one of them winning, at this point (I'm sure that the rest of the season will change my feelings). But, I want Bob to take the prize.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Very surprised about Kim Chi's confession. I thought she and Trixie woulda hosed kai-kai'd by now. That said, she may be the sweetest queen to ever grace the RPDR runway. Even moreso than Joslyn. The way she pep-talked both bottom girls felt completely genuine, like she's that supportive all the time.

Sad to see Dax leaving so early -- both of them really, but Layla was totally right about shining in a room full of stars. This season is jam-packed with talent and personality, that failing to make a huge impression right away is a death sentence.

Finally, I am dead. Warning: Spoiler

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

As kind and sweet as Kim Chi is, her inability to walk a runway should see her gone pretty soon after the fodder is swept out and rightly so. She's missing the single most basic element of a runway-centric show.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

shadow puppet of a posted:

As kind and sweet as Kim Chi is, her inability to walk a runway should see her gone pretty soon after the fodder is swept out and rightly so. She's missing the single most basic element of a runway-centric show.

Yeah, the photos I'd seen before the season started had me really looking forward to her, but drat, it's gonna be a seriously uphill battle if everything besides the actual looks is a trainwreck.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
gently caress y'all her walk is endearing

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

gandlethorpe posted:

:vince:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

gandlethorpe posted:

I knew what it was before clicking (and I still watched it 3 more times :haw:)

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009

shadow puppet of a posted:

I hope we get a cute workroom scene of one of the other girls teaching her how to stomp the runway. :3: If I'm not mistaken from the promos she gets at least as far as the makeover challenge, so she's here to stay at least for a little while.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Troposphere posted:

gently caress y'all her walk is endearing

Yeah, for a dude.

fake edit: I have to say that Cynthia really grew on me this episode. If she ditches her "catch phrase" and just goes with the flow, she is pretty loving awesome.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Flyinglemur posted:

fake edit: I have to say that Cynthia really grew on me this episode. If she ditches her "catch phrase" and just goes with the flow, she is pretty loving awesome.
I'm waiting for the exact moment when Bob breaks down, takes Cynthia aside and explains to her that relying on a single catchphrase (if not catchphrases in general) is lazy comedy writing.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
My heart would fall down to my cucu if she did that though. :(

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

'cucu' will last through the show and well into its post-show use in drag song parody. "Lets have a cucu" & "This boy has a cucu" will shoot straight to the top of the bottom of the charts.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
You guys can suck my cucu

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I hate cucu. It feels like some forced attempt to manufacture a catch phrase.

Midnight Sun
Jun 25, 2007

Derrick Barry out of drag looks like Eugene Tooms.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Flyinglemur posted:

Yeah, that's pretty much where I am.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
When I look at Thorgy I feel like he'd fit in at a Soul Asylum concert circa '92. with Edie Brickell opening,

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Watrick posted:

When I look at Thorgy I feel like he'd fit in at a Soul Asylum concert circa '92. with Edie Brickell opening,

Haha, I thought a Phish concert, but I think your assessment is much more spot-on.

Flyinglemur posted:

She's totally adorable, but I see her leaving before final 4. The looks are what's going to get her kicked off. She's pretty and adorable and funny, but she's aesthetically (thus far) all pageant.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth

Troposphere posted:

I hope Bob chooses Britney just to gently caress with Derrick

THIS PLEASES ME

I've got Kim Chi, Thorgy and Derrick on my fantasy team. I hope they all make it far so I may win :hfive:

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Just saw this mild spoiler regarding the phone call from the show's facebook page. It will be a queen from a past season returning, NOT an entirely new queen.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

This. All too right.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Here's my current tier list of the remaining queens:

Yes, GAWD Tier

Acid Betty
Bob the Drag Queen
Chi Chi DeVayne
Thorgy Thor

Ohkurrrrrrrrr Tier

Cynthia Lee Fontaine
Kim Chi
Naomi Smalls

Bye, Felicia Tier

Derrick Barry
Robbie Turner

I only put Derrick and Robbie in the bottom to have a spread, in any normal season the wouldn't be down there yet but they're ALL SO GOOD :swoon:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

My list is a little different.

Yes, GAWD Tier

Bob the Drag Queen
Kim Chi
Cynthia Lee Fontaine
Chi Chi DeVayne

Ohkurrrrrrrrr Tier

Thorgy Thor
Robbie Turner

Bye, Felicia Tier

Derrick Barry
Naomi Smalls
Acid Betty

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Pinwiz11 posted:

I only put Derrick and Robbie in the bottom to have a spread, in any normal season the wouldn't be down there yet but they're ALL SO GOOD :swoon:

You know in your heart that Robbie Turner is the next out. Old Hollywood queens are the drag equivalent of the baking soda volcano at a science fair.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Pan Dulce posted:

My list is a little different.

Yes, GAWD Tier

Bob the Drag Queen
Kim Chi
Cynthia Lee Fontaine
Chi Chi DeVayne

Ohkurrrrrrrrr Tier

Thorgy Thor
Robbie Turner

Bye, Felicia Tier

Derrick Barry
Naomi Smalls
Acid Betty

Mine is pretty close to yours:

Yes, GAWD tier

Bob the Drag Queen
Kim Chi
Thorgy Thor

Ohkurrrrrrr tier

Acid Betty (only because of the downright rudeness, otherwise she'd be higher)
Chi Chi DeVayne
Cynthia Lee Fontaine

Bye Felecia tier

Derrick Barry
Naomi Smalls
Robbie Turner

Cocks Cable posted:

Just saw this mild spoiler regarding the phone call from the show's facebook page. It will be a queen from a past season returning, NOT an entirely new queen.

That just raises the speculation to even higher levels. COME ON, SHANGELA! It'd be loving hilarious.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

This only strengthens my theory it's Santino

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Mouse Dresser posted:

Mine is this as well.

and of course it's a queen who's already been on the show, otherwise they wouldn't be RETURNING, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Mouse Dresser posted:

Yes, GAWD tier

Bob the Drag Queen
Kim Chi
Thorgy Thor

Ohkurrrrrrr tier

Acid Betty (only because of the downright rudeness, otherwise she'd be higher)
Chi Chi DeVayne
Cynthia Lee Fontaine

Bye Felecia tier

Derrick Barry
Naomi Smalls
Robbie Turner

That just raises the speculation to even higher levels. COME ON, SHANGELA! It'd be loving hilarious.

I guess since this is a thing, my list with brief comments just going on performances so far:

Yes, GAWD tier Almost certainly top-3

Bob the Drag Queen. Hilarious, real (not bitchy), can put together a solid look. Current hostess of Untucked.
Kim Chi. I think this second episode was her 'Nam. She made it through two dance/choreography challenges and got read for her runway walk, but wasn't in the bottom two. If she practices her runway stomp she'll be fine, if not she deserves to go home before top three.
Acid Betty. Unless she's a perpetrator of domestic abuse or snaps on the judges or other queens. I guess Reddit rumor is she's out fifth episode, but setting aside speculation on drama her looks are loving phenomenal and her performances have been solid.

Ohkurrrrrrr tier Top 3 contenders, in rough order.

Chi Chi DeVayne. Ru loves a ghetto queen. Chi Chi seems like a strong underdog favorite, charming personality and impressive dance moves, her weakness will probably be turning out "couture" on the runway due to being a thrift store queen.
Thorgy Thor. Sincere and largely a sweetheart. Funny, but not really a comedian like Bob so far. I feel like she's solidly in the middle of the pack and I'm waiting to be impressed.
Derrick Berry. Disappointed in her runways and not a standout in challenges. Bring more than Britney ASAP or bye.
Cynthia Lee Fontaine. The cucu line was way too heavy in the first episode but I think she only used it once in the second? Hilarious, sweetheart, but haven't been impressed by her runways or performances. Might pull something out but I feel like she's a long shot for top 3.

Bye Felecia tier Step up or sashay away.

Naomi Smalls. Stop relying on that body. Comes across as kind of bitchy, her runway is all about showing off THEM LEGS but she's competing against the looks of Acid Betty, Kim Chi, and others this season. Show me something other than bodyodyody or get out.
Robbie Turner. Confessional queen. Her first runway was total garbage and could've easily had her lip synching if not for her ok photoshoot, second runway was ok. Performances unremarkable Show me a talent.

• Locked thread