Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Morter posted:

You don't have to throw your bat. Literally just hold space and forward (W) as the map is (re)starting. You'll be super slow mo and have lots of air control. From there, you'll land on the roof

Given what they posted, I'm pretty sure they were talking about the jump you have to make after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Ooh, whoops. I misread that as having to throw the bat before you can even reach the roof to begin with. But that goes with out saying, you need both (??) hands to access the terminal

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

True, I just meant that if you forget to throw the bat away and try to do it while you're trying to get the terminal, time will resume and you'll go splat.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
What is the last challenge? I don't think I have the patience for Speedrun RT or NoRestart. I have 100% in all the other challenges. Impossible mode and Fists Only are HARD.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

PBCrunch posted:

What is the last challenge? I don't think I have the patience for Speedrun RT or NoRestart. I have 100% in all the other challenges. Impossible mode and Fists Only are HARD.

Agreed on literally everything.

I think it's called FUNFUNFUN mode but I might be wrong.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Morter posted:

Agreed on literally everything.

I think it's called FUNFUNFUN mode but I might be wrong.

The last challenge is just for fun. It's much easier than normal gameplay and significantly sillier. I recommend you play the Thomas The Tank Engine themesong on repeat when you play it. Very relaxing after the tension of NORESTART.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Surprised that it took me until now to pull this off, in terms of gun juggling!

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Did... you kill that one guy by throwing a gun at him, or?

Edit: No, it is I who am the dumb.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

In case anyone does not know this, though, it is worth pointing out that you absolutely can kill a guy by throwing a gun at him - thrown objects seem to obey most of the same rules as punching, so if you hit someone with enough of them fast enough or at just the right moment he's toast. I fell in love with the bar levels all over again after I figured this out.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Irony.or.Death posted:

In case anyone does not know this, though, it is worth pointing out that you absolutely can kill a guy by throwing a gun at him - thrown objects seem to obey most of the same rules as punching, so if you hit someone with enough of them fast enough or at just the right moment he's toast. I fell in love with the bar levels all over again after I figured this out.

It seems to be between 4 and 6 throws to kill usually

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Improbable Lobster posted:

It seems to be between 4 and 6 throws to kill usually

Three if you're fast enough :byob1:

Also yeah, 'health' seems to be tied to a quickly recovering stamina bar. The longer you take to beat someone up with non-lethal attacks, the more it takes to take them out. Three punches are normally rapid enough, but it's harder to find and throw 3 things fast enough to kill someone.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Irony.or.Death posted:

The ninja stars on I think the Warehouse level kill the red guys if you nail them in the head.

Unrelated note, but even first-person platforming works well in this game somehow. I hope wallrunning finds its way in at some point because diving around the more spacious levels is already lot of fun but there's potential for so much more..

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
This games runs great on my computer. It should, the computer has a Skylake i5, 16GB DDR4, and a GTX 960. I played it on another PC of mine (Core 2 Duo E7500, 8GB DDR3, GTX 460 768MB), and it seemed to be pretty smooth. The CPU and the GPU are both below the requirements listed on Steam, but the game was completely playable. Both of these machines run Windows 10.

I convinced my friend to buy it, and it runs like hot buttered rear end on Core 2 Quad Q6600, Radeon HD 6870, and 4GB DDR2, Windows 7. The game was an unplayable slideshow. I know the Windows install on that computer is pretty fresh; it was just done around Christmas to install a new SSD. We installed the latest AMD driver to try to fix the problem, to no avail. We already tried turning all options (except resolution) down to minimum.

Any experiences here? Could the problem be the DDR2 memory? The 4GB vs 8GB on the other machines? Windows 7 vs. Windows 10? Poor performance on AMD graphics chips? My friend isn't too concerned since he is upgrading soon Warhammer 40K Eternal Crusade.

PBCrunch fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 15, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

PBCrunch posted:

This games runs great on my computer. It should, the computer has a Skylake i5, 16GB DDR4, and a GTX 960. I played it on another PC of mine (Core 2 Duo E7500, 8GB DDR3, GTX 460 768MB), and it seemed to be pretty smooth. The CPU and the GPU are both below the requirements listed on Steam, but the game was completely playable. Both of these machines run Windows 10.

I convinced my friend to buy it, and it runs like hot buttered rear end on Core 2 Quad Q6600, Radeon HD 6870, and 4GB DDR2, Windows 7. The game was an unplayable slideshow. I know the Windows install on that computer is pretty fresh; it was just done around Christmas to install a new SSD. We installed the latest AMD driver to try to fix the problem, to no avail.

Any experiences here? Could the problem be the DDR2 memory? The 4GB vs 8GB on the other machines? Windows 7 vs. Windows 10? Poor performance on AMD graphics chips? My friend isn't too concerned since he is upgrading soon Warhammer 40K Eternal Crusade.

4 gigs of RAM is tiny these days.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

PBCrunch posted:

runs like hot buttered rear end

Updating FOLKSY_METAPHORS.txt

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It's not the memory, I'm still at 4GB RAM and the only thing I can't run is The Division. My guess is that he's somehow using an integrated graphics card instead of his actual card.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

It's not the memory, I'm still at 4GB RAM and the only thing I can't run is The Division. My guess is that he's somehow using an integrated graphics card instead of his actual card.

I've heard stories of people forgetting which video output to use and hooking up the DVI cable to the motherboard, making the GPU a useless block of semiconductor.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Get wallhacked, nerd

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Holy poo poo I love this replay so much

The replay itself is poor but what happened in it is beautiful. Let me try to explain what happened:

So in the elevator, there's three baddies. I swivel around and punch the baddy on the left, just as the guy on the right shoots (and misses). The one in the middle shoots their gun and kills Lefty. As I punch the middle dude, Righty shoots his gun again, into the gun that Middly dropped, from my punching them, and that makes Righty flinch and drop THEIR gun. I take it and shoot Middly, and then toss it to LeftShotty, outside of the elevator. Just as I pick up Lefty's pistol, RightShotty shoots at me, which I spin to dodge (while shooting them), and see it killing Righty, just to toss THAT pistol to LeftShotty, pick up that shotty they dropped earlier, and blast them.

*Italian Chef Finger Kiss* MWAH! Beautiful!

Morter fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 16, 2016

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
One punch kills in AD2013 are pretty fun.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The bad guys weren't impressed by my ninja skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdZHUiXd8gA

Philistines.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I would kill for some mod that showed you trajectory lines in game (but wouldn't be visible in replays) so you could pull off the most stupidest trick throws/bounces.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
SPEEDRUNrt can go gently caress itself cause I beat it (I did make an OK replay from one mission though)

and NoRestart is going to be the death of me

Morter fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 18, 2016

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

My NoRestart story: First attempt after unlocking it, I get to the final level. About halfway through I try to pick up a painting at the same instant it is destroyed by a stray bullet, and I am stuck holding a painting fragment I can't discard, can't swing, and can't replace. When I try to kill a man by jumping on him, I become trapped in a black screen until I give up and kill the program.

I have not made it past the office since.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Morter posted:

SPEEDRUNrt can go gently caress itself cause I beat it (I did make an OK replay from one mission though)

Extremely slick

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Thank you :tipshat:

Also, love me some wallhax

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
NORESTART Log:

Holy poo poo, I got past the elevator

Holy poo poo, I got past the office

HOLY poo poo I GOT PAST THE STATION

*gets killed on the tunnel of the train somehow*

:bang: :shepicide: :rip:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Sorry for triple posting:

Anyone know what kind of font is used for the monochrome menu UI?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixedsys

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I'm pretty sure it's actually the default "IBM VGA8" font that has been in the BIOS of pretty much every PC since VGA became a thing. You can find recreations of it, and a bunch of other oldschool BIOS fonts, here.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I'm actually kinda proud of this one
https://killstagram.com/s/FaintKnownUltramarineTamaraw

shrl.exe is unfinished right? I looked it up and it seems like you need to do some real bullshit to access it at all.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
That's awesome, I really thought touching the car at all was insta death.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Sivart13 posted:

Nah, I do it all the time. Hell, with KatanaOnly agility (???) you can even jump on top of that truck in that one alley level.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Sivart13 posted:

You do have to sorta run in the same direction as it if you want to stay on top

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011
New patch is out and the speed bug is fixed, I can finally play again! If you have the bug too you need to go to ingame Settings, choose Gameplay, and enable Lock Physics.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Morter posted:

Nah, I do it all the time. Hell, with KatanaOnly agility (???) you can even jump on top of that truck in that one alley level.

Yeah, jumping is fun as hell in this game. You can also jump on people, Mario-style. It doesn't show up well in replays, but it's substantially faster than punching someone to death, all but necessary for fists-only challenge, and I swear to God sometimes, if I'm able to time my jump right, I'm able to leap off of them literal Mario-style, instead of just falling to the ground, but that might just be my perception.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
https://killstagram.com/s/HelplessBronzeFeldgrauLlama

195 kills is my current record on Endless mode. 5:1 time compression seems to be what I average out at. There's a replay on Killstagram where the time compression is 45.69s | 1,877.10s. I don't know how the gently caress he managed that.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

SUPER

HOT

CARD

GAME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Still eagerly awaiting that DLC they mentioned.

• Locked thread