Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

ili posted:

He wasn't facing four weeks for that tackle though, a grade 1 shoulder charge carries 200 points (2 weeks) which would have come down to 150 with an early guilty plea. He was looking at the extra time because of carryover points and loading for prior similar offences. A cleanskin making the exact same tackle on Oates would have received a week + carryover.

Fine, it's nonsensical to be facing four weeks any suspension for that tackle, so I support any decision that avoids that outcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

I'd tip Sharks over Manly

Yeah Sharks looked good last week except for Barba's phobia of being involved in any play whatsoever. Manly were OKish but their halves look rubbish this season. Good forwards though, Tapau, Lawrence & Trbojevic are really powerful. Parcell should be starting and playing close to 80, they look a much better side when he's on the field.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
If the roosters lose tonight then the office will be awesome tomorrow.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

MiniSune posted:

If the roosters lose tonight then the office will be awesome tomorrow.

Doesn't look like an if right now

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Smorgasbord posted:

Fine, it's nonsensical to be facing four weeks any suspension for that tackle, so I support any decision that avoids that outcome.

I actually like the Warriors and I didn't want Matulino to be out because you'd guys be even more hosed, but the inconsistency on show in that case was completely daft. I agree that injury caused should play absolutely no part in the severity of punishment, but it's demonstrably been the case over the last few years that it does and will probably continue to be the case. If he did the exact same tackle last year soon after Ackerman died and Oates wasn't even injured he'd be suspended for sure, it's a joke

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

lol Roosters

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I know its the roosters and they are histories greatest monsters but the nrls scheduling has been hosed. Two weeks in a row the sides who played in 35 degree day games in canberra on saturday have had to back up on a thursday. If we must have day games in what is still effectively summer in australia the scheduling needs to be fairer.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Wigan 4 -0 Widnes. Widnes with all the attack, but they keep passing it to Wigan players at the last moment. Good game so far.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Dirty Frank posted:

Wigan 4 -0 Widnes. Widnes with all the attack, but they keep passing it to Wigan players at the last moment. Good game so far.

Yeah enjoying it, hoping for a Widnes win.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Yeah enjoying it, hoping for a Widnes win.

Testify.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Aaron Heremaia is a boss, out of all the players we've lost over the years he as one of the hardest to understand why.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

gently caress me, Widnes lucky not to get a yellow there at the end, but same for Matty Smith for the trip, so... Widnes look really good, they could have won by more with a bit more luck on a couple of bounces as well.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Watching the Footy Show since I'm sick at home...Vautin blathering on about McFadden taking the captaincy off Mannering and giving it to an Aussie until Brohman sets him straight that it was entirely Mannering's decision and management wanted him to stay as captain. When Daryl loving 'Big Marn' Brohman is the most up to speed with what's happening in the NRL then your show is a complete loving joke.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

Watching the Footy Show since I'm sick at home...Vautin blathering on about McFadden taking the captaincy off Mannering and giving it to an Aussie until Brohman sets him straight that it was entirely Mannering's decision and management wanted him to stay as captain. When Daryl loving 'Big Marn' Brohman is the most up to speed with what's happening in the NRL then your show is a complete loving joke.

Dear lord. A Warriors fan, stuck at home sick, watching Tee Hee Vautin the "funniest man in league". Triple whammy.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

To be fair, Brohman is actually pretty smart.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

To be fair, Brohman is actually pretty smart.
Yeah he is, he just turns it up on the big marn stuff for entertainment value

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's always a good listen when he puts aside his persona for a while and talks sensibly. Much like Gus when he's not playing up the "completely loving moron" character he usually makes his own. The two of them have a lot of very interesting insights and I would happily watch them on TV if they just stayed away from the other crap that (I assume) 9 tells them they need to play up.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Much like Sterlo improved 1000% when he moved to Fox.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Eels should be ahead by 18 for how dominant they've been

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

bowmore posted:

Eels should be ahead by 18 for how dominant they've been

Definitely, but as a neutral I'm happy that this is close.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Gutherson doing the worm.

Both side have put in some poor last tackle kicks tonight.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Can't remember the last time I saw Beau Scott put in such an effort

Go the Eels

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pretty good game so far

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

That's a forward pass any day of the week Sterlo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Bunker hosed up, definate try

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
backwards off the hands isn't a forward pass

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Im sure that was out the hand backwards

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

First really bad decision I've seen this season I think. Regardless of whether it was a forward pass or not (I don't think it was but its really close) the ref had the video ref rule on it in a weird round about way.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

There's gotta be an investigation

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Someone's gotta be accountable!

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Have a feeling the ref sort of just lawyered his way around the no video ref calls on forward passes rule

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cpaf posted:

Have a feeling the ref sort of just lawyered his way around the no video ref calls on forward passes rule
which is pretty funny considering how wrong he was

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Huge sell on that dummy from Norman

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

cpaf posted:

Can't remember the last time I saw Beau Scott put in such an effort

Go the Eels

Probably the last time he saw a chance to get a cheap shot in on someone.

edit: also that's a really ingenious way of getting around the forward pass restriction on the video refs

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 18, 2016

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Ahem, Leeds Rhinos

Absolutely awful game in terms of quality but right now i'll take any win we can get...

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is rubbish

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Probably the most pathetic obstruction call I've ever seen

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

We are desperate for our halves to be back.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

It annoys me that clear knock backs like that one from Gagai are for some reason automatically blown as knock ons most of the time in league, doesn't seem to happen in union and the rules are the same for knock ons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

We suck again

• Locked thread