Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Episode 3 minichallenge is up on Logo.

Bob's reactions to Seeeeeeeeentia, who he clearly adores, are loving classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Can we keep the Reddit sleuthing in spoiler tags, please?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

spite house posted:

Episode 3 minichallenge is up on Logo.

How (un?)fortunate that they filmed this not knowing what would happen merely a month before airing. I wonder if they'll give a shoutout to every drag queen's favorite obstacle.

Also Kim Chi's law firm of Ching, Chang, and Chong. I'm loving dead.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

What are the funniest queens (ironically) they could decide to bring back? Early outs who nobody cared about like Penny Tration or Alisa Summers? Vivienne and Honey both come back, with a competition to see which one gets to stay? Tatianna so she can do better at Britney than Derrick on Snatch Game? Actually that last one would be amazing.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

gandlethorpe posted:

What are the funniest queens (ironically) they could decide to bring back?

That guy who got the makeover that passed out from his tuck, and he passes out every week but keeps getting through because his mid-lsfyl dead drops are amazing.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Honestly I expect it to be Kelly Mantle. She's funny enough to at least make it a couple episodes, and is an early elimination that people would expect to go home soon, therefore not loving up the story they built around the 12 "main" queens of the season when she inevitably gets kicked off in a couple weeks.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I want it to be a queen who is really controversial. I doubt would be Willam.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

I have a strange feeling it could be Laganja, but Jesus I hope not. Mainly because I could see her having polished up her act and matured a little, and she was a polarising queen that still has some level of notoriety

(I really hope it's Tatianna)

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Octolady posted:

(I really hope it's Tatianna)

Me too but pretty sure she's a lock for AS2. I think it's going to be someone like Kelly Mantle too, who clearly had some kind of redeemable talent but got offed in the early/mid-game. People like Laganja would eat up way too much oxygen.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
An Australian channel has apparently leaked the returning queen: http://www.lifestyle.com.au/tv/ru-pauls-drag-race/episode.aspx?id=9252476

According to them, it's Naysha. Ho-hum.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

angerbeet posted:

An Australian channel has apparently leaked the returning queen: http://www.lifestyle.com.au/tv/ru-pauls-drag-race/episode.aspx?id=9252476

According to them, it's Naysha. Ho-hum.

Holy poo poo this is going to cause a riot

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Honestly my expectations are so low for this returning queen it will be impossible to underwhelm.
Boring but obvious choices include: Naysha (her runway was unforgivable ffs how dare you), Tempest (is she speculated for AS2 tho? people loooove her), Shangela (but merely as a gag and she won't actually stay :(), Willam (lol no i wish :D)

As long as Kim Chi and Bob are around this season remains great, I just hope they don't overdo it with the manufactured shenanigans (anymore).

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Willam has spent the last six months screaming about how she's not in All Stars 2.

...but she hasn't said a thing about season 8. :boom:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I was hoping for Kelly Mantle or Lashauwn Beyond.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I still hope it's Porkchop

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I hope it's Latrice.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Trig Discipline posted:

I hope it's Latrice.

I mean, I always hope that Latrice can be on my TV the maximum amount of time

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

ALFbrot posted:

I mean, I always hope that Latrice can be on my TV the maximum amount of time

Yeah, exactly that.

I was once walking down the street in Sydney with my wife and I just started smiling really huge for no reason, and when she asked me why I said "I just thought of Latrice Royale's laugh" and then she started smiling too.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I would be okay with Akashia.
Akashia had a lot of raw potential and I would be interested in seeing if time has managed to give her some more polish and maturity.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

angerbeet posted:

An Australian channel has apparently leaked the returning queen:

Well I can't say that I'm surprised. It's the most boring option. I give her 2 episodes before she's gone, as she proves- once again- that she's all look and no substance.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

#JusticeForRebeccaGlasscock

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

To my way of thinking, setting up "I will survive" the way they did, and Ru being pissed about the lackluster lip sync, if they bring back someone it'll be a fierce lip syncer in need of a redemptive edit. And my first thought according to that criteria was Darienne Lake. Think what you will about her, but her lip syncing was what carried her through well beyond her performances in many of the challenges and her reputation could use some assuaging.

But then I thought that they could bring back Nina Flowers largely by the same criteria (Nina is a sweetheart whose rep doesn't need rehabilitating, but she could be brought on to put the heat on the other girls with her painting and performing skills).

And then I thought bring back Tammy Brown cuz hey, why not.

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 18, 2016

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I'm wondering how far back in the seasons they have gone with their choice so as not to "alienate newer viewers". I would bet that most of us have watched (and care enough to remember) a lot more of the show than most viewers, but I don't actually have any evidence for that.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

To my way of thinking, setting up "I will survive" the way they did, and Ru being pissed about the lackluster lip sync, if they bring back someone it'll be a fierce lip syncer in need of a redemptive edit. And my first thought according to that criteria was Darienne Lake. Think what you will about her, but her lip syncing was what carried her through well beyond her performances in many of the challenges and her reputation could use some assuaging.

But then I thought that they could bring back Nina Flowers largely by the same criteria (Nina is a sweetheart whose rep doesn't need rehabilitating, but she could be brought on to put the heat on the other girls with her painting and performing skills).

And then I thought bring back Tammy Brown cuz hey, why not.

What if it's Coco? Ooh, or Kennedy?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I can't see them bringing back somebody who made it more than a few weeks into whatever season they were on.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Reddit is all over that leak as expected, don't go there if you don't want to get spoiled and disappointed/underwhelmed

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Sharon is coming back, but only as a cameo to perform a necromantic ritual and bring Sahara back.

Now I've made myself sad. :(

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

gandlethorpe posted:

Sharon is coming back, but only as a cameo to perform a necromantic ritual and bring Sahara back.

Now I've made myself sad. :(

I keep forgetting a queen died :(

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
bring back Milan, might as well double down on the clothes/wig-tossing in LSFYL

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Willam's book is now available for pre-order on Amazon :derp:
Official release date is October 18th!

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

This is going to be so amazing. I cannot WAIT to read about drag race.

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
Tomorrow's episode leaked early on Canada's OutTV, so be careful if you don't want to see spoilers.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed Proctor Silex 22611 2-Slice Toaster

...must be to go with all the t willam's spilling!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Speed Crazy posted:

Tomorrow's episode leaked early on Canada's OutTV, so be careful if you don't want to see spoilers.

I got spoiled via a Willam retweet (assuming the statement is true), so be extra careful.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Pinwiz11 posted:

I got spoiled via a Willam retweet (assuming the statement is true), so be extra careful.

Well color me surprised by the returning contestant.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Trig Discipline posted:

I hope it's Latrice.

I keep wondering if there will ever be one day in a row when my girlfriend or I don't yell GET THOSE NUTS AWAY FROM MY FACE but alas

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Why does RU have Courtney blocked?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Bina posted:

Why does RU have Courtney blocked?

Ru is one of those people who holds a serious grudge, and both Michelle and Mathu have stories of Ru completely shutting them out for a few years after disagreements. Courtney publicly disagreed with Ru during the She-Mail controversy. Not hard to imagine what happened next.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rupauls-drag-race-winners_us_56dda309e4b0000de4052b91

I thought this was insightful and a good peek into each of the queens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Bina posted:

What if it's Coco? Ooh, or Kennedy?

Kennedy I'd be cool with, actually. Post Snatch Game she didn't seem as sour to me (plus her Little Richard was hilarious), and I ended up preferring her and her skill set over Pearl or Violet, both of whom I never warmed up to. Not that they're bad queens at all, I just never warmed up to them.

Coco, on the other hand, could be fun in a meta way if I could watch the fan base flip out and throw shitfits. But the fact is, unless she learned a serious lesson about lightening up and not picking fights, she'd be a disaster.

I haven't spoiled it for myself so I don't know who's coming and this is all just me bullshitting as a mental exercise.

• Locked thread