Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

In what way? Let's analyze:

Not the only one who's doing this, not unreasonable for me to say "this is odd," but beyond that, it's not the reason I originally voted him, and your sentiment is actually why I UNVOTED him. So how am I doing what you are saying here?

This is the same question as now, which you say "is so obviously scummy it warrants a vote." You repeat yourself now. Why? Why me over...anyone else? You're not answering this question, you're just acting like you are. Explain?

Look, when you first call me out you say "you're scummy for trying to act like engaging someone who is clearly off his rocker and acting like that's a town act." Sure, fine.

But then your second point, I say "why me over anyone else, and you're also missing HOW and WHY I voted him" and you simply say "well this is just supporting this initial vote of mine." That's not true, they're different points, and now you're creating this circular argument where you're self referencing yourself and saying "I've been saying the same thing all along." You haven't. You're ignoring my main two questions:

1. Why me over anyone else?
2. I have explained WHY I voted for Lumpen, and WHY I changed my mind, which you haven't addressed, except to cover your ears and say "No I already addressed that." Untrue. So please respond: Why are you ignoring my reasoning for voting and then unvoting, and refusing to offer commentary on those reasons?

Answer those two questions, please!

This post has a lot of words in it.

I think both your numbered questions are already answered by Rarity's vote. Rarity voted you because you were trying too hard, pointing out your engaging with Lumpen's gibberish as nonsense content. A post like this strengthens that argument, you're asking unnecessary questions like "why are you suspicious of me in a Mafia game" and it's not a particularly effective defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

That's a misrepresentation of what I am doing.

I'm asking Rarity to actually back up her claims rather than saying "your posting stands for itself." Her argument is circular and doesn't include scumhunting or facts to back up scumhunting. It is An Easy Vote that she is justifying Because It Is Scummy. It's bad play.

If you think Rarity has answered my questions already, then answer them for her.

You claim she already said "why me" over everyone else. Show me! "I chose you because you are scummy and they are not" is not a valid sentiment to point to because that's gut, and while gut is fine, she hasn't said "well it's a gut feeling from your posting," she's said "your posting is so clearly scummy in its disingenuous composition I don't need to explain it." I don't buy that.

Are you also claiming that she already HAS addressed my questions as to why she's ignoring my intent argument with Lumpen, and that she doesn't need to stop avoiding that question? Because that's untrue as well.

It's easy to come in and go "I agree with Rarity" but if you're going to say my questions have already been answered, back it up. You're also making a very lazy call, especially since you're soft buying me as scum without dropping a vote or really even an opinion on me. Very easy to do and then shift with the wind.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Do you really think I'm going to engage with all of that? I think you missed my point completely. You're trying to perpetuate an argument that doesn't defend yourself particularly well and wastes everyone's time. Rarity is suspicious of you; you're acting like this is unreasonable in a Mafia game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I mean, Rarity is suspicious of me because she is claiming my analysis is grounded in disingenuous schlock. My retort has been "well, I don't see it that way, can you answer these questions that you have been ignoring, because I believe it is you who is being disingenuous."

You're just ignoring my argument and my content and are also saying "Rarity is right and I'm not going to read what you're saying." Is it unreasonable in a mafia game for me to ask you to read my questions, consider them, check back on what other people have posted based on what I am claiming they are doing, and comment on it? You're doing it for Rarity and refusing to do it for me. Why? Because she posted less words?

Laaaazyyyyy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also my answer is yes, gently caress you, play mafia instead of yelling at me for...playing mafia. My god.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I did read what you're saying. You're asking why Rarity is suspicious of you over anyone else. I'd recommend you read the post in which Rarity votes you, it explains why she finds you suspicious. It's not exactly something that needs pointed questions to figure out.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That's crap, I've analyzed it several times and explained my thoughts on it. Your thoughts are "rarity is right about you," with no backup. Care to add anything else? Seems like no.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Obviously I don't agree with Rarity completely or I would have voted you already. I'm letting you know that, from my perspective, you're extending a pointless argument. A day 1 vote doesn't need to be "analyzed several times." Are you really that incredulous that someone would find you suspicious?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Murmur Twin posted:

From what I can tell that's what imgay/Jake's alliance is already based on

:cheerdoge:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Lumpen posted:

Especially when Asiina might not actually be wolfy, but I just don't know,

So I trimmed eveything except the important part. For as long as I've been playing/lurking mafia games the commonly accepted term has always been Scum/Scummy/ScumSelf. This is a really weird phrasing to use... Possible role slip?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##unvote

I don't want my joke vote on Quid to be used to help lynch him as I don't think Quid is scum.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jimson posted:

So I trimmed eveything except the important part. For as long as I've been playing/lurking mafia games the commonly accepted term has always been Scum/Scummy/ScumSelf. This is a really weird phrasing to use... Possible role slip?

there was some other board that combined mafia players from across the land in a "World Championship of Mafia" and people in those games said Wolfy instead of scummy, so it kind of became a joke here for a while

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

The Ninth Layer posted:

This post has a lot of words in it.

I think both your numbered questions are already answered by Rarity's vote. Rarity voted you because you were trying too hard, pointing out your engaging with Lumpen's gibberish as nonsense content. A post like this strengthens that argument, you're asking unnecessary questions like "why are you suspicious of me in a Mafia game" and it's not a particularly effective defense.

##vote The Ninth Layer

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Let's not forget the most important thing, when Quidnose first started it, how convenient the opportunistic vote without and justification for saying so was. Time and tme again Quidnose keeps saying what happened was the thing nobody else noticed but that's just what he would say, considering the situation and the circumstances. Rarity doesn't believe it, and she doesn't feel like Quidnose has done exactly what he said would happen, because she knows what Quidnose has said before and that means that voting him wouldn't fail to flip a right Thunderdome gotcha, that's obvious.

Speaking of Thunderdomes, even that really Quidnise thought defensivelt when it was obviously that quick to decide not having ever been in the Thunderdome before and knowing deep down I'm right. Thay's more awkward than anything and it tells you a lot that Quidnose doesn't want you to believe or notice he's hiding what he truly wants to do.
That's Scummy of course. Ninth understands better than anybody what tp do anoit this sort of thing, and I think he has been telling all about it.

Kordansk needs to take a serious lookat Jimson before he wants to slip in and just go ahead all over the place with what he's saying, because that isn't going to mean a lot when in fact the next hingt that happens is to start buddying up suspiciously, and Quidnose conspicuously doesn't want to seem to have been seen to want to have any part of that, which definitely pings me even more. BottleKnight is doing the same thing, you'll notice.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

BottleKnight (2): Rarity, Murmur Twin, Podima, Rarity
Quidnose (2): TMMadman, Lumpen, Rarity, TMMadman
Barehanded Brother (2): JakeP, Asiina, imgay, JakeP
imgay (1): Barehanded Brother
Khris Kruel (1): The Ninth Layer
The Ninth Layer (1): Khris Kruel, Khris Kruel, kordansk
Rarity (1): BottleKnight, BottleKnight, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Khris Kruel
Lumpen (1): Quidnose, Quidnose, Jimson
Chic Trombone (1): Podima, Jimson, BottleKnight, Podima, Jimson
Jimson (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
JakeP (0): Barehanded Brother, Barehanded Brother
Asiina (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
Murmur Twin (0): Rarity, Rarity, JakeP, JakeP, Lumpen, Lumpen

Not Voting (5): AnonymousNarcotics, Chic Trombone, JakeP, Quidnose, TMMadman

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 18th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 20 minutes.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Can we please just lynch Lumpen because I can't loving understand his posting. Like holy poo poo this is some stream of conciousness poo poo. If this is a posting restriction I loving hate you Kashuno.

JakeP posted:

there was some other board that combined mafia players from across the land in a "World Championship of Mafia" and people in those games said Wolfy instead of scummy, so it kind of became a joke here for a while

Also, oh haha guess I should have lurked instead of jumping right into a new game.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Jimson posted:

Can we please just lynch Lumpen because I can't loving understand his posting. Like holy poo poo this is some stream of conciousness poo poo. If this is a posting restriction I loving hate you Kashuno.

Also, oh haha guess I should have lurked instead of jumping right into a new game.

Mafia edit.
I feel like Lumpen's restriction is that he has to parse all his text into google translate, into one language, and then back into english again. The syntax looks like it might be Chinese or Korean, but I doubt know that will help us.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I vote we call 911 to deal with Lumpen apparent stroke. He's clearly got something wrong with his Broca's area.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lumpen, do you smell toast?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
When considering the quizzical apprehension that a post restriction is in play what merit lies in speculating whether just when you thought you had it in fact there's contravening factors of post facto denialism in play, when actually nothing of the sort happens to be the case in point, I felt this next thing would decisively clarify the state of elocution considering that, like has been said before, a stroke having been suggested, no in fact just the opposite.

I assure you that if you reread the relevant posting you can easily find all the answers; fun fact: it relates and naturally flows from and reflects the exact thing behind what Rarity said, but at the same time Murmurtwin has more of a sense of having been once again looking for just what alternatively might have been figured out.

Obviously, Quidnose wouldn't really be said to have accurately, given the subtle reaction, known to have said that Scumhunting gives up the tells that he supposedly thought he was to have given off, but instead once again clearly didn't, and that's why I strongly fell that advocatingclybching Quidnose, who by the way was earlier pooh-poohing the hesitancy of others to lunch abTownie, which to me indicates more than anything the likelihood of an upcoming Scum flip on his part, safe to say least of all one of the people who expected nothing less than exactly that.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Haha, yeah, of course Lumpen! Totally. You're so right. Let's go and grab some celebratory milkshakes after some posts well done.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Lumpen you want to join Club Men?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

jesus christ am I the only one that understands what Lumpens doing?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

you guys seriously need to pay attention more

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Khris Kruel posted:

you guys seriously need to pay attention more

Please explain it to the rest of us.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Jimson posted:

##vote Lumpen

I don't trust his posting style. Even if he is some Third-Part role I don't like the chances that it could be some kind of Anti-Town role or something that is inherently biased to help scum players. I say we get rid of any REALLY OBVIOUS wild cards on the off chance it can make things harder for me and other town later.

found scum guys. ##unvote ##vote Jimson

Lumpen's posting style has nothing to do with alignment

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Please explain it to the rest of us.

nah I'd rather not. If he wants to be explicit he can. I think he's wasting his time though

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Anyways Jimson just wants to lynch Lumpen regardless of alignment, and that's definitely not pro-town.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ya that jimson post comes from a scum point of view. Its just so weird that he instantly reverts to "even if he is a third party" which makes it seem like he knows lumpen isn't scum because he isn't on his scum team with him

##vote jimson

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

JakeP posted:

ya that jimson post comes from a scum point of view. Its just so weird that he instantly reverts to "even if he is a third party" which makes it seem like he knows lumpen isn't scum because he isn't on his scum team with him

##vote jimson

I think we might get along this thread :respek:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Rarity posted:

All the best mafia ladies are here.

Except FV.

Someone drop out so FV can replace and then we can have an awesome alliance drinking margaritas by the pool while ogling hot bar staff.

And lutr and pmush!

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JakeP posted:

I said "even if he is a third party" in response to someone whos post embarresingly enough I did not quote where they infered he might be third party with post restriction.

Khris Kruel posted:

Anyways Jimson just wants to lynch Lumpen regardless of alignment, and that's definitely not pro-town.
As I said the reason I wanted him lynched was because if he had a posting restriction it can play into the hands of scum if all the town players are busying arguing over, and trying to parse his posts. Also, because it's annoying and I've just been skipping over his posts because I don't want to spend days reading it.

WHICH MIGHT I ADD. Could be a perfect scum move if it's not actually a post restriction. Lets him make as many accusations as possiblw and hides any possible scum slips behind a wall of incomprehensible text.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Jimson posted:

I said "even if he is a third party" in response to someone whos post embarresingly enough I did not quote where they infered he might be third party with post restriction.

Who said that? not gonna lie I did a fair amount of skimming after having several drinks yesterday

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Jimson posted:

As I said the reason I wanted him lynched was because if he had a posting restriction it can play into the hands of scum if all the town players are busying arguing over, and trying to parse his posts. Also, because it's annoying and I've just been skipping over his posts because I don't want to spend days reading it.

WHICH MIGHT I ADD. Could be a perfect scum move if it's not actually a post restriction. Lets him make as many accusations as possiblw and hides any possible scum slips behind a wall of incomprehensible text.

just be honest. You have no idea what lumpen is doing, you aren't reading his posts, and you just want to lynch him because he's providing a poo poo ton of reactions and info for us to peruse through

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

JakeP posted:

Who said that? not gonna lie I did a fair amount of skimming after having several drinks yesterday

Quidnose posted:

I know I loving do this every game but, Kashuno game: Lumpen jester? Serious question.

##unvote

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Jester

So yeah idk, maybe I was pushing it to heavy I've been in my head lately thinking about roles for a game I wanna run so maybe I am over analyzing but his assesment hit the nail on the head.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

BottleKnight (2): Rarity, Murmur Twin, Podima, Rarity
Quidnose (2): TMMadman, Lumpen, Rarity, TMMadman
Barehanded Brother (2): JakeP, Asiina, imgay, JakeP
Jimson (2): Quidnose, Quidnose, Khris Kruel, JakeP
imgay (1): Barehanded Brother
Khris Kruel (1): The Ninth Layer
The Ninth Layer (1): Khris Kruel, Khris Kruel, kordansk
Rarity (1): BottleKnight, BottleKnight, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy
Lumpen (1): Quidnose, Quidnose, Jimson
Chic Trombone (1): Podima, Jimson, BottleKnight, Podima, Jimson
JakeP (0): Barehanded Brother, Barehanded Brother
Asiina (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
AnonymousNarcotics (0): Khris Kruel, Khris Kruel
Murmur Twin (0): Rarity, Rarity, JakeP, JakeP, Lumpen, Lumpen

Not Voting (4): AnonymousNarcotics, Chic Trombone, Quidnose, TMMadman

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 18th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 6 hours, 48 minutes.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote asiina
from what I know asiina doesn't post when they scum, and asiina aint posted poo poo

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Khris Kruel posted:

just be honest. You have no idea what lumpen is doing, you aren't reading his posts, and you just want to lynch him because he's providing a poo poo ton of reactions and info for us to peruse through

I think you're giving scum too much credit, I've never played that tactically as scum. I just want to look town.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
:siren:Friendly reminder, 5 posts per game day is a really low number and I hope you guys can all hit it. :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

imgay posted:

##vote asiina
from what I know asiina doesn't post when they scum, and asiina aint posted poo poo

Yeah I'm def thinking this too. ##vote asiina

It was like a relief to her that she had an alibi in the discussion thread of being tired from the gym so she didn't have to post here.

• Locked thread