Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Maybe the unlabeled X axis is volume of people retiring in the last # years, but yeah that's spectacularly bad.

Here have this abomination, where the scale is so bad it doesn't even encompass all (perceived and non-data based) points

Why is Christie on the border of moderate and establishment instead of in the intersection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Pendragon posted:

Quoting this so it doesn't get lost with the scale chart, because... god drat, how does this even make sense? Who looked at this and said, "Yup, that describes political philosophies perfectly."

It's wonderful... How does someone quantify the candidates' Christian Conservatism or Tea Partiness???

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Pendragon posted:

Quoting this so it doesn't get lost with the scale chart, because... god drat, how does this even make sense? Who looked at this and said, "Yup, that describes political philosophies perfectly."

Yeah, I can't figure out why anyone would think this represents the Republican party. Its a badly organized and illogical mess of poorly thought out opinions on something that makes no sense.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Outrail posted:

Yeah, I can't figure out why anyone would think this represents the Republican party. Its a badly organized and illogical mess of poorly thought out opinions on something that makes no sense.

This is so well played I almost missed it as I was skimming the thread.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also, it just... isn't correct. In what sense is Christie not establishment, or Kasich moderate?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Robot Lincoln posted:

It's wonderful... How does someone quantify the candidates' Christian Conservatism or Tea Partiness???

Do you hate Obama more for:

A. Being Muslim
B. Being black

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Pick posted:

Also, it just... isn't correct. In what sense is Christie not establishment, or Kasich moderate?

Kasich admits climate change is real, claimed to want to raise taxes on fracking, and is willing to let gay marriage go. That is enough to get him labeled king of moderate RINOs by the modern GOP.

nagel
Sep 19, 2005

We formed a wall once.

Judge Schnoopy posted:

As percentage of the population? Percentage of the working population? poo poo, I don't even know why I'm trying to make sense of that hot garbage

Isn't it average/median/whatever retirement age?

Mortley
Jan 18, 2005

aux tep unt rep uni ovi
Shows the average age of losing virginity for Russian women.

http://gawker.com/the-worst-movie-of-the-year-is-this-russian-educational-1764826328

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Robot Lincoln posted:

My wife still mocks me for being amazed by and wanting to see the ingredients of a package marked "36 MEAT RAVIOLI" at the local supermarket.

e: in my defense it was stocked next to the 3 Cheese Ravioli

So, what is '36 meat' ravioli?

I am both curious and hungry.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

spog posted:

So, what is '36 meat' ravioli?

I am both curious and hungry.

36 individual meat ravioli

Not ravioli with 36 types of meat

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

kazil posted:

36 individual meat ravioli

Not ravioli with 36 types of meat

Ohhh, I see.

Next question: what the hell's wrong with the world when the number of ravioli in a packet is more important than the type of meat in it?

Who is this aimed at? The Count of Sesame Street?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

spog posted:

Ohhh, I see.

Next question: what the hell's wrong with the world when the number of ravioli in a packet is more important than the type of meat in it?

Who is this aimed at? The Count of Sesame Street?

I dunno if the law/regulations work in the same way but in the UK economy meat products can use a lower percentage of meat in themselves if it doesn't specify, which type of meat is being used.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Not even the numbers work. A decimal, a whole number, then a range.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

itskage posted:

Not even the numbers work. A decimal, a whole number, then a range.

It's a pretty awful graph. Even ignoring the fact that it has no Y axis, and it's just a line with an arbitrary bend, they're clearly saying 12-14 to make it more shocking even though (like they did with 19.5) they could just average it out to 13. Still a pretty hosed up situation, especially because it doesn't really seem like a sexually liberated society, so a lot of these women are probably coerced if not worse. Man, Russia really kind of sucks.

Edit: Holy poo poo, the oversexualized model they use to indicate "16". Plus, lol at the teddy bears used to indicate age.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

trapped mouse posted:

It's a pretty awful graph. Even ignoring the fact that it has no Y axis, and it's just a line with an arbitrary bend, they're clearly saying 12-14 to make it more shocking even though (like they did with 19.5) they could just average it out to 13. Still a pretty hosed up situation, especially because it doesn't really seem like a sexually liberated society, so a lot of these women are probably coerced if not worse. Man, Russia really kind of sucks.

Edit: Holy poo poo, the oversexualized model they use to indicate "16". Plus, lol at the teddy bears used to indicate age.

The numbers are just made up, though. It's still between 17.5 and 20 on the average. Furthermore, 17% of Russian women lose their virginity after 27.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Reading the article, the guys who made the movie that uses that graph are peak Reddit MRA types who are bemoaning the fact that girls are having sex, but not with them (or have sex with them but then break up). So they persecute those girls by calling them "dumpsters" who are ruining the genes of their children, and celebrating the women who are virgins in their 20s and forever stay with the first person they have sex with.

The graph is one of the least offensive things featured in their video. The most offensive is one of those MRA shitheels showed the video to 8th grade girls.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Reading the article, the guys who made the movie that uses that graph are peak Reddit MRA types who are bemoaning the fact that girls are having sex, but not with them (or have sex with them but then break up). So they persecute those girls by calling them "dumpsters" who are ruining the genes of their children, and celebrating the women who are virgins in their 20s and forever stay with the first person they have sex with.

The graph is one of the least offensive things featured in their video. The most offensive is one of those MRA shitheels showed the video to 8th grade girls.

The authors are probably at least in their 40s. They are just super conservative and believe in telegony. It's a completely different and distinct brand of insanity than Reddit MRA.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Paladinus posted:

The authors are probably at least in their 40s. They are just super conservative and believe in telegony. It's a completely different and distinct brand of insanity than Reddit MRA.

I had never heard of this term. And now I wish I hadn't, holy poo poo :stare:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

trapped mouse posted:

I agree, you can see her elbows and knees!!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Paladinus posted:

believe in telegony.

Hahaha hahahahahaha, amazing.

Do they believe all women are actually spiders with spermathecas?

Ooh boy just imagine the sperm jacking potential of such a spider woman!

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

wrap it up, non-gamers

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Big Mac?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Rotate that 90 degrees counterclockwise and relabel Y axis to "Quality of Entertainment"

Post on internet and watch the meltdowns roll in.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tree Goat posted:

wrap it up, non-gamers

The more bullshit grinding your game requires, the better the value!

This is why I haven't played a video game since 2011.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Because it takes you like 10-15 minutes to eat it, at however much the price is. So you have to multiply the price by like 4 or 6 to get the rate of cost/hours of enjoyment.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

sweeperbravo posted:

Because it takes you like 10-15 minutes to eat it, at however much the price is. So you have to multiply the price by like 4 or 6 to get the rate of cost/hours of enjoyment.

I'm more confused by how eating a burger qualifies as "entertainment"

feller
Jul 5, 2006

$10 to get buzzed on craft beer? That's an entire six pack of most of the good ones.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

cool and good posted:

$10 to get buzzed on craft beer? That's an entire six pack of most of the good ones.

hahahaha

you have no idea how bad it gets

i work at a liquor store and gently caress craft beer

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm more confused by how eating a burger qualifies as "entertainment"

I guess it can be compared to "dinner out," like you might have someone with you while consuming the big mac.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Tree Goat posted:

wrap it up, non-gamers

What planet do these people live on where a book costs more than a video game, or a downloaded movie costs more than a movie at the theatre?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Seriously, you can buy a Grisham for $10 at Borders or whatever, and that'll give you a good 10 hours+ of entertainment (as long as you find schlock entertaining)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Thoughtless posted:

What planet do these people live on where a book costs more than a video game, or a downloaded movie costs more than a movie at the theatre?

This graph may not have been populated with honest average costs.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Thoughtless posted:

To be fair, for a while buying a DVD was far more expensive than seeing a movie, it's only just now kind of becoming the same price. And that's only if you see it in 3D. I mean, I live in a city, not a town, and there's a theatre in my town that does $6 dollars for a matinée showing on a weekday. These are new movies, if you want to buy the same movies the minute they become legally available on digital download it's going to cost a lot more than six dollars.

gently caress the maker of that graph tho. People get so pissed off about video games not being respected, but also not wanting to change all the bad poo poo about them and becoming offended when you suggest that exact same thing.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The tickets might be cheap, but the food and drinks at a theater are loving highway robbery. So, yeah, the digital download would be cheaper unless you're just going by yourself.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Or you could just not buy any food or drinks at the highway robbery prices you're talking about ?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Movie theater ticket for 1: $12 average
Digital download of a movie: $20 average

But the graph is still flawed because buying a digital movie allows you to watch it as many times as you want, and watch it with multiple people. Watch your movie with a buddy twice and suddenly that digital movie looks great for value, where theater tickets are good exactly once for one person.

The graph is made by people with no friends, or friends that would never come over to their place. Perchance because they spend their free time playing so many "long play" (non social) video games.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

"Long Play Video Games" are an author-invented category that can mean literally anything, fyi.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Movie theater ticket for 1: $12 average
Digital download of a movie: $20 average

But the graph is still flawed because buying a digital movie allows you to watch it as many times as you want, and watch it with multiple people. Watch your movie with a buddy twice and suddenly that digital movie looks great for value, where theater tickets are good exactly once for one person.

The graph is made by people with no friends, or friends that would never come over to their place. Perchance because they spend their free time playing so many "long play" (non social) video games.

Yeah, but digital rental for a new movie is about $6 and is a closer comparison since its not like you can go back to the theater and watch the movie again for free. Also the assumption that a thriller novel (usually 5-10 bux) will take about 1-2 hours to read unless its in the tween section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

kalstrams posted:

"Long Play Video Games" are an author-invented category that can mean literally anything, fyi.

Maybe he means watching longplays :v: