Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Polo-Rican posted:

We need a feature like the ignore list, except it's just a "discard my opinions" list

It had spooky green ghosts and came with a sheet of blotter paper. Are we talking about the same album?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yeah the king of limbs art was some bullshit, I ate like fifteen tabs from that blotter sheet and got nothing

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I liked how they made the whole thing biodegradable if you wanted to, you know, throw it away I guess?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Whenever I buy a new album I immediately throw it in the garbage

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

The vinyl was transparent, really cool

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

ZoDiAC_ posted:

The vinyl was transparent, really cool

Haha, I never took the vinyl out of the sleeve, so I never knew this.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

TKoL is great, newspaper album is great. Too bad for the dingbats that can't look at the cool stuff inside.

I like that Radiohead made an album about Yggdrasil.

Sell your house and buy gold.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
death to scalpers.

but I did it, I got the world's shittiest madison square garden seats.

to contribute, here's a classic live performance from Radiohead in their prime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0si0fB0lnow

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Is the new album out yet so I can critique it and possibly be disappointed

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Princeps32 posted:

but I did it, I got the world's shittiest madison square garden seats.

i'm section 212, which is i think the further over you can be while technically not being behind the stage

i've never seen radiohead so i guess this is fine but gently caress arena shows forever

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Congrats you guys with tix. I'm still in the queue for LA tix but I know it's hopeless. I had to think, I've seen RH 4x already and the last time was 10 years ago in Chicago! Time flies!

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Got my tickets. gently caress this AXS website doe.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Wow GJ. If anyone needs to sell a ticket for either NY or LA please let me know.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

gently caress the world and its inhabitants. There was no loving chance of getting tickets in the UK.

Sounds like the Roundhouse shows could be half empty though, seeing as the band just confirmed that IDs will be checked on the door. People will have paid One Thousand English Pounds and will be turned away.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Radiohead71 posted:

Wow GJ. If anyone needs to sell a ticket for either NY or LA please let me know.

A person, who works in the offices of the promoter for the LA show, could not get tickets. By sheer luck I wandered in to line 2 min late.

e: if they can sell out MSG, they can sell out the forum or (ugh gently caress this place for reals) the staples center.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah the place in LA seats like 6400? Why not play at a bigger place? They could sell 10x the tickets. Ah well, I just have sour grapes. Wasted an hour of my life today trying to get the LA 8/8 tix online today and I clicked buy tickets the second it came up. Maybe us losers will luck out and they'll add some more dates?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Steve2911 posted:

gently caress the world and its inhabitants. There was no loving chance of getting tickets in the UK.

Sounds like the Roundhouse shows could be half empty though, seeing as the band just confirmed that IDs will be checked on the door. People will have paid One Thousand English Pounds and will be turned away.

They've wanted Id on the doors for the past two tours.

I'm seeing them in portugal so I'm happy.

Shame they're doing so few UK shows though.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Same. Pity they're only doing England instead of the rest of the UK. I'll be seeing them in Barcelona though so it's good

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

quote:

Thom Yorke ✔ ‎@thomyorke
I'm as hosed off as you are . and am only human

Poor Thom. Write a song about it, creep!!

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
gently caress Ticketmaster, no tickets for Amsterdam. They probably sold out in half a minute or something......

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Strangely small tour. I wonder what the reasoning is - carbon footprint?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Radiohead71 posted:

Yeah the place in LA seats like 6400? Why not play at a bigger place? They could sell 10x the tickets. Ah well, I just have sour grapes. Wasted an hour of my life today trying to get the LA 8/8 tix online today and I clicked buy tickets the second it came up. Maybe us losers will luck out and they'll add some more dates?

In the grand scheme of things this is the absolutely most intimate venue in LA, barring the Ace theater. Which is like half that and no GA PIT.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

The album isn't done!!

http://diymag.com/2016/03/21/radiohead-album-work-of-art-stanley-donwood

THE NEW RADIOHEAD ALBUM IS A “WORK OF ART,” SAYS COLLABORATOR STANLEY DONWOOD

quote:

Radiohead’s close collaborator and artist Stanley Donwood has confirmed to DIY that he has heard the new Radiohead album. “It’s a work of art,” he says.

Donwood has created all of Radiohead’s album and poster artwork since 1995’s ‘The Bends’, along with designing visuals for Yorke’s solo material, and Nigel Godrich and Yorke’s project Atoms for Peace. A new Radiohead album is expected in the first half of this year, following the band’s confirmed Primavera appearance, along with festival organisers billing the headline slot as a “the presentation of the new album by the British band Radiohead.” The band also announced a world tour last week, suggesting that a new record is imminent.

When asked if he had heard the new Radiohead album, and if it was complete, Donwood told us; “I have. Is it done?” he added, “not yet…”

When we first reached out to Donwood over email, he told us “I’m a bit busy at the moment” - surprise, surprise! As always, Stanley Donwood has been working on the artwork alongside Radiohead as they work in the studio, and “there’s quite a lot I still have to do,” he tells us. He also alluded to the fact that Radiohead may have been working on the new record in France. Asked about his favourite art collaboration to date with the band, he said “I’ve just had a think about this, and I think it’s the one that no-one’s seen yet. It was made by the strong warm winds of southern France.” Sounds like a bit of a hint, tbh!

Obviously, we then asked Stanley Donwood to spill the beans, and give us the exclusive scoop on the release date. Unsurprisingly, he wouldn’t. Asked whether the new Radiohead album will be out this year, he responded with a fairly coy “ha ha”. There you go, then.

Meanwhile, Radiohead are the latest inductees to DIY’s Hall of Fame, with their game-changing pay what you like album ‘In Rainbows’. Read our in depth look at the record here.

(Clarification: This interview was conducted via e-mail. Questions were sent in February and Stanley Donwood sent answers back on 19th March)

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
sometimes it is painful being a fan of this band. Something like a two paragraph update on progress with the album would be nice at least once or twice! They did all those neat little updates and clips during the In Rainbows recording sessions, I miss that.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

news update: work of art is actually "work of art"

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Princeps32 posted:

sometimes it is painful being a fan of this band. Something like a two paragraph update on progress with the album would be nice at least once or twice! They did all those neat little updates and clips during the In Rainbows recording sessions, I miss that.

At this point it isn't dumb to suggest the tour comes before the album

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wasn't some of the tour (the festival dates) marketed as 'hear the new album!' To the extent that I was annoyed thinking they'd only play the new stuff. I guess they can play it in full, still, but release it after. That sounds like a bad idea to me though.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

also Donwood could have just meant that the album's not final because he hasn't finished the art yet

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

When I got NOS ALIVE tickets it was temporarily billed as Radiohead present the new album.

I think Stan is definitely talking about the music being finished, since they go 'have you heard it'

When asked if he had heard the new Radiohead album, and if it was complete,

Donwood told us; “I have. Is it done?” he added, “not yet…”

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I originally thought I didn't like TKOL but I think my initial impression is that it didn't hit me like previous Radiohead albums. To be fair, the first "new" Radiohead album for me was In Rainbows. I'd been listening to all the previous albums up to that point, and In Rainbows was fantastic. But the other day I threw on Little by Little and it just clicked. Very excited for the new album.

Favorite b-sides? I'm a huge fan of Polyethylene, and most of the My Iron Lung B-Sides.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Crazy Radiohead and their new companies (yes another one)

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10026028

Here's all Thom's companies. Weird

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/65VdXdTzvYHZ8Ek7vxZB6f8xYuw/appointments

Uhoh Thom your accounts are overdue!

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07884244

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 22, 2016

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

I originally thought I didn't like TKOL but I think my initial impression is that it didn't hit me like previous Radiohead albums. To be fair, the first "new" Radiohead album for me was In Rainbows. I'd been listening to all the previous albums up to that point, and In Rainbows was fantastic. But the other day I threw on Little by Little and it just clicked. Very excited for the new album.

Favorite b-sides? I'm a huge fan of Polyethylene, and most of the My Iron Lung B-Sides.

It's interesting because everything but Little by Little really grew on me, something about the hook irritates me.

All of In Rainbows Side 2 is really good for b-sides. A lot of their b-sides are good. Like Gagging Order. Even some of the Pablo Honey b-sides are inexplicably better than the actual album.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Princeps32 posted:

Even some of the Pablo Honey b-sides are inexplicably better than the actual album.

Faithless, the Wonder Boy is a fun glimpse of an alternate universe where Thom Yorke was the frontman for Weezer.

Also the Drill/Itch version of Thinking About You is far superior to the album version.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Princeps32 posted:

It's interesting because everything but Little by Little really grew on me, something about the hook irritates me.

little by little, homie. by hook or by crook

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

New musics featuring one of The Radioheads!

Tom Pritchard ft Thom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6rW2GpQLQE

Beautiful People.

"The original instrumental to 'Beautiful People' is a personal song about loss, hopelessness and chaos, but ultimately the message is love and hope," Pritchard said in a press release. "Thom's contribution to this collaboration captured perfectly what the piece is about. I will be forever grateful to have worked with such a immense talent."

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Mar 23, 2016

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

little by little, homie. by hook or by crook

Little by Little is one of the catchiest things they've done in years. Though, my brain absolutely refuses to parse the syncopation in the studio version. The live version threw me for a loop initially when I realized where the "one" beat actually fell.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
Little by Little owns. It's sexy and slinky and catchy and silly all at the same time. The only thing that bugs me is the apparent lack of bass guitar. I mean, isn't that weird? To just have no bassline at all (at least on the record)?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Seems Nigel is now working with the RHCP, about to be all mixing their album and stuff

Radiohead album done? Cancelled? Postponed? Unaffected? The mind boggles (and sometimes plays Cluedo)

http://pitchfork.com/news/64302-red-hot-chili-peppers-working-with-radiohead-producer-nigel-godrich/

Little by Little content: I like it just fine, and don't even mind it doesn't sound anything like the Oasis or Harvey Danger originals!

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Mar 23, 2016

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Popcorn posted:

Little by Little owns. It's sexy and slinky and catchy and silly all at the same time. The only thing that bugs me is the apparent lack of bass guitar. I mean, isn't that weird? To just have no bassline at all (at least on the record)?

Worked for When Doves Cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Haha, Little by Little discussion - so that new track with Thom I posted? I like it. It's no Little by Little though