Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
spoiler alert

e: 69

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

joeburz posted:

kill all walmart execs imo

please don't threaten presidential candidates

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Exclamation Marx posted:

please don't threaten presidential candidates

LF is back, baby!!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rodatose posted:

it's just 40s/50s pop.

ragtime music

after ragtime music was stride music
then one particular performance by Art Tatum of "Tiger Rag" is considered to have been so good it broke the genre and influenced the rise of hard bop

i thought calling it pop music would be too easy but guess i was wrong!

also i actually knew about ragtime music, i did a report on it in some college class and was like "whoa this is good"

scott joplin is my waifu, also thanks for the link i like this a lot

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

LF is back, baby!!

yes yes YES

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Counterpoint: All of my front teeth are fake because a cop elbowed them out during a traffic stop for reaching for my coffee. This was before they tore my car apart for drugs and led me away bleeding in handcuffs. Its the first thing that springs to mind when i'm told "You dont know what its like as a white man being harassed by the police". This should not be taken in any way as downplaying the bullshit black people have to deal with all the time because of racist police. The idea that "as a white you just cant possibly understand" is incorrect and upsetting to a minority of white people who do experience lovely, macho militarized police firsthand.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

so they have been doing construction on our parking lot that just finished today

unfortunately they did not put back our garbage bin for the whole apartment

im up to like two bags of trash i was looking forward to getting rid of before the weekend

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

26-year-old Virginia man who was taken into custody in Iraq after he purportedly deserted the Islamic State told a Kurdish TV station Thursday that he decided to escape after he grew dissatisfied during intensive religious training in Mosul.

Mohamad Khweis told Kurdistan 24 that his life under the Islamic State in Mosul was a “very strict” regimen of prayer, eating and eight hours of daily instruction in religion and sharia law. He said he soon came to realize that “I didn’t really support their ideology.”

Khweis said he stayed only about a month, then reached out to someone who could help him make his way toward Turkey. He said he planned eventually to return to the United States.

“It was pretty hard to live in Mosul,” he said. “It’s not like the Western countries, you know, it’s very strict. There’s no smoking. I found it hard for everyone there.”

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Matoi Ryuko posted:

LF is back, baby!!

big time anime twitter tankie here

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Let's dispel once and for all with this fiction that the campaign doesn't know what it’s doing. Seriously this campaign is extremely well run. They are taking on the entire DNC establishment. They took a little known Senator from a small state and have made him a contender against one of the best-known politicians of our time with one of the most seasoned and well-funded campaign networks. Despite being well run, they have limited resources and cannot do everything you want them to. Second, phonebanking works.You don't have to like it, but it is a studied and proven campaign method. Yes, its not as effective as canvassing, but phonebanking helps canvassers make the most of their time, and unless you are in or can afford to travel to a state with an imminent primary or caucus, it is the most effective thing you can do to help the campaign. We aren’t losing because it doesn’t work.

Our median demographic here is 16-30 so I know for most of you this is the first campaign you have been involved with and I know that you are disappointed that we aren’t having Michigan miracles every week. The reality is that this was never going to come easy. Bernie was a long-shot candidate in 2013 when this subreddit was born. Bernie was a long-shot candidate in April of last year when he announced his candidacy. Bernie has been a long-shot in the polls ever since. Each day we campaign, and every phone call, every door knock, every donation, and every conversation he has gotten a little closer to our goal. That we have gotten so far and won 9 states is a testament to our hard work. So no more talk of hopelessness or how stacked the odds are against us. There are plenty of other political subs where you can go do that. This sub has a clear purpose and that is activism for getting Bernie elected president. The campaign is giving us clear direction on how to do that and we need to stay focused.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

man, no smoking

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

who is george carlin

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

kalstrams posted:

who is george carlin

nerd misanthropy jesus

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

man, no smoking
shocking, ultraradicals with senseless restrictions

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

kalstrams posted:

who is george carlin

dead popular comedian

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsC8zEgZEfo

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

kalstrams posted:

who is george carlin

A comedian some people worship like a god and anyone who does is a Dingus

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
though gently caress him for the military intelligence joke lame people always quote it at me now

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

nerd misanthropy jesus
i see, just saw his video titled "political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

kalstrams posted:

i see, just saw his video titled "political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"

probably from the early nineties back when he was a tremendous coked up rear end in a top hat

to his credit he got over that phase

Foppery
Dec 27, 2013

I POSSESS THE POWER CHRONIC

woo, page 69

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

that american isis story reminds me of britt who joined them and then complained that fighters are rude, don't queue properly, and that someone stole his shoes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Foppery posted:

woo, page 69
no shipping

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

sex number

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

probably from the early nineties back when he was a tremendous coked up rear end in a top hat

to his credit he got over that phase
i see. i haven't watched the video so it might indeed be that

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
finally it's starting to fuckin rain

the weather's been trying to for days now

Foppery
Dec 27, 2013

I POSSESS THE POWER CHRONIC

not quite as good as the weed number, but i'll take it

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Jagchosis posted:

though gently caress him for the military intelligence joke lame people always quote it at me now

military intelligence

is that not an

oxymoron?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
im trapped in a car listening to britney spears. Please send help

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Jagchosis posted:

did he really invent that

it seems like one of those timeless dad jokes, like something a roman dad scribbled in graffiti in pompeii

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVMnheZj4kw

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Lotka Volterra posted:

im trapped in a car listening to britney spears. Please send help

pre or post mental breakdown britney tho

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
bill hicks and george carlin would be voting republican if they were alive today

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i'd like to speak for randler and say that britney spears is good

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

M.I.A. is good

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

didn't m.i.a. go crazy or something

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Did I miss it? Nope! I made it!

Huzzah!

Is the Batman/Superman movie gonna be any good?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6tMRhAi0x0

Sinnlos posted:

M.I.A. is good

i love her

Badger of Basra posted:

didn't m.i.a. go crazy or something

crazy good maybe