Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

why did they have to put Super Parka in that semifinal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spermgod posted:

Because Marco does more business.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

abraham linksys posted:

im watching this match y'all was talking about and does CMLL not mic their crowd at all or what

also what's with the ladies standing around during the entrances

e: oh they just muted the crowd during the entrances. now there are people with horns I guess

is the CMLL floor padded? Almost looks like just metal

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
there is nowhere in arena mexico, including their concrete ring, where taking a bump looks "fun"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

No Luck Needed posted:

is the CMLL floor padded? Almost looks like just metal

That splat you hear on some of the landings? That's flesh on concrete. Lucha Libre is pretty much fight club with flips.

Also have that Cara Lucha vs DTU show ripped and split for a showing Thursday. 8pm EST sound good?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The lucha memes christmas show is up

https://youtu.be/VF6_EpDSMRw

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Rey de Reyes qualifier match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvN72NCl2do

Hijo del Fantasma Vs Pentagón Jr. Vs Fénix Vs Octagón Jr.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Looks like the full H2L card is out, although everything besides the three really cool matchups we've known about for a while seems like standard run of the mill stuff.

Sobrerano and Oro Jr. vs. Sansón and Cuatrero
Ángel De Oro, Titán,and Rey Cometa vs. Mephisto, Luciferno, and Ephesto
Mexico vs. Japan Atomicos:Místico, Dragon Lee, Máscara Dorada, and EL Valiente vs. Kamaitachi, Fujin, Raijin, and Okumura
Hair vs. Hair apuestas: Máximo Sexy vs. Rush
Atlantis, Súper Porky, and Marco Corleone vs. Cibernético, Mr. Niebla, and Último Guerrero
Hair vs. Hair apuestas:Volador Jr. vs. Negro Casas

Next week's Puebla card is also out. Fujin and Raijin make their CMLL debut in a trios match alongside Okumura vs. Blue Panther Jr, The Panther, and Stigma.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/707988726517895168

That's what I assumed but it's good to hear confirmation. :10bux: is cheap as hell for a big card, give this a shot if you're home that evening and have any interest in the product at all.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

REMINDER:
tonight 8pmEST Cara Lucha VS DTU

http://psp-tv.com/r/coconono

card:
Lightning Tag Team Match
Erwin & Irving vs. Masizito & Porrito

Singles Match
Lokillo vs. Wasson

Tag Team Match
La Resistencia (Kilvan & Yoruba) vs. Los Nerds (Jimmy & Kevin)

Seven Way Match
Adrenalina Fly vs. Dragon Celta vs. Drastik Boy vs. Guerrero Mixtico Jr. vs. Johnny Idol vs. Latigo vs. Tony

Lighttubes Six Man Tag Team Match
Fly Warrior & Los Kriminal Boys (Fly Star & Toxin Boy) vs. Los Mazisos (Ciclope, Crazy King & Miedo Xtremo)

Best Two Out Of Three Falls Six Man Tag Team Match
Jinzo, Lancelot & Rocky Lobo vs. Los Magnificos Sky Stars (Magnifico II, Rayo Star & Sky Man)

Six Man Tag Team Match
Crazy Boy, Flamita & Super Crazy vs. Danger , Joe Lider & Toro Negro Jr.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Had no idea what there to post this in:

Via CubsFan on VOW Forum:

quote:

I partly wrote about it this morning but I might as well do it again - the AAA/LU luchador mentioned in the WON as hoping to head to NXT is most likely Hijo del Fantasma/Cuerno. He speaks much better English than Fenix/Pentagon/whoever else, he's taller and in great shape. He's got the connection with Sombra & Dark Angel from when they all were in CMLL. The only thing holding him back before was WWE only looking for one Mexican at a time and only looking for people who were giant stars (which he hasn't been), but times seem like they're changing. He would fit in and do well.

The thing holding Fantasma back now is whatever contract he's under - the story has always been that the AAA guys were asked/told to sign whatever was the original and harshest version of the Lucha Underground contract, which probably includes the dreaded seven season length. At the pace they're going, that would be over in 2021. Fantasma - or whoever it is - probably can't actually go anywhere and knows it, which means this is about sending a message as much as acting on something - Fantasma is part of Konnan's crew and is not on Rey de Reyes and would figure to be not too happy about the current state of AAA.

https://twitter.com/hijodelfantasma/status/707684373651283968

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, he'd definitely be the most logical fit there.

It's a shame AAA's such a mess right now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
As always visit his blog:
http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2016/03/10/lucha-ippvs-dragon-leecavernario-octagon-on-octagon-jr-lu/

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Yeah when I read that report that didn't name names, I was thinking it might be Fantasma/Cuerno. With Konnan getting ousted and the focus on "legends" there he's not in a great spot, and while he's been positioned as a threat in LU, he's never really had a title shot type run. And I remember reading an interview somewhere where he learned English in part because he always wanted to break out somewhere other than Mexico.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
King Cuerno is probably my favorite LU guy and I'll be sorely disappointed to see him misused in WWE

please let me buy a replica Cuerno mask before he leaves, LU

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 11, 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Spermgod posted:

so what the gently caress was the Lady in Black stuff going on

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Tell me that Shockercito is a mini Shockmaster.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Tell me that Shockercito is a mini Shockmaster.

That's Thundercito

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yeah when I read that report that didn't name names, I was thinking it might be Fantasma/Cuerno. With Konnan getting ousted and the focus on "legends" there he's not in a great spot, and while he's been positioned as a threat in LU, he's never really had a title shot type run. And I remember reading an interview somewhere where he learned English in part because he always wanted to break out somewhere other than Mexico.

How has he not been booked on the US Indy scene along with Pentagon Jr. and Fenix? Is it due to his mask being copyrighted by the Phantom comic?

Also, god drat ref shenanigans ruined the Pentagón Jr. vs Hijo del Fantasma, Fénix, Octagón Jr. match.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

AfterFather posted:

How has he not been booked on the US Indy scene along with Pentagon Jr. and Fenix? Is it due to his mask being copyrighted by the Phantom comic?

He mentioned on WOL/WOR that he was a full-time college student so that might figure into it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Gran Alternativa tournament (veteran + "rookie" tag teams) starts Tuesday. thecubsfan was kinda confused as to how Triton counts. Rocky Casas might be Heavy Metal II according to RobViper. Good to see Yohei included, surprised they didn't pairhim with Okumura.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/710660414401458177
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/710661028426584064

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

thecubsfan posted:

Elite on Azteca possibly mean another talent raid too. Elite’s been using the TV chance as a carrot to get luchadors to jump, and some of those people were as skeptical as I’ve been about it actually happen. People may be more willing to take a jump now that this is a real thing. I haven’t heard anything about how the Elite shows have done this week, but this could be a pretty pivotal week for them if they can prove they can draw on the road too.

(As another ripple effect – whatever’s going on with Konnan, Elite getting Azteca means any other group is probably shut out.)

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2016/03/17/lucha-libre-elite-gets-the-spot-on-azteca7-is-a-real-major-league-group-now/

RIP AAA?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

With AAA deciding it wants to be the Geriatric Wrestling Federation this is a great time for Elite to raid. I would think there would be a lot of young talented wrestlers that would be receptive to an offer.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/03/18/two-bald-men-cmll-2016-homenaje-a-dos-leyendas-preview/

thecubsfan has a H2L preview up, read it and buy the drat show assuming you're free at 10:30 EDT/2:30 GMT tonight.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Based on their short history I'm skeptical ELITE will be any less reliant on over the hill guys than AAA. They do use a lot of good CMLL and indie guys though so there's that.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://cmll.cleeng.com/homenaje-a-dos-leyendas/E995351613_MX

Stream's on, although the actual matches shouldn't start until roughly half an hour from now.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The show has actually started.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Is he going to wrestle with head spikes

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I'm not crazy and this is the first week that Arena Mexico has video apron screens aka WWE right

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ayn rand hand job posted:

I'm not crazy and this is the first week that Arena Mexico has video apron screens aka WWE right

Yeah that's new. Must be a part of the upgrades that caused the Tuesday show to be moved to Coliseo this week

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Rush coming out in all black to Benoit's theme this week with dancing girls: A good entrance

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Thauros posted:

Yeah that's new. Must be a part of the upgrades that caused the Tuesday show to be moved to Coliseo this week

I think they stuck a logo on the announce booth and redid the security fences too

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Mr Niebla legdropped Kemonito. I need a gif

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ayn rand hand job posted:

Mr Niebla legdropped Kemonito. I need a gif

Follow @Jokay19 on twitter for lucha gifs.

https://twitter.com/Jocay19/status/711047626926497792

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:smith:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
ELITE announced Brian Cage vs. Rush which is very interesting politically

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Who funds/owns Elite? The whole political situation with them is really interesting.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I think I heard that nobody really knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
If like me you usually skip it, it's worth noting that Puebla was quite good last night. They set up Cavernario/Dorada for the latter's title next week.