Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

my cat is norris posted:

I think that's the case.

Is that ice cream cone filled with mashed potatoes, or is it potato-flavored ice cream?

I'm hoping potato and sour cream whipped together because that sounds awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!
It's udon noodles twirled together to resemble ice cream, as far as I can tell.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

pienipple posted:

:vince: Amazing if true. I would probably shame eat that.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

pienipple posted:

Yep, that's exactly what it is.

I'd probably try it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oh, well in that case gimme the loving thing, because that's amazing.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Scathach posted:

Well I just tried mustard-flavored chips, thinking I'd have something to share. Nope, tasty as gently caress.

Have this instead.

I'll have that with fries, please
Well, would if could, but doubt that

Perhaps I'll have this instead:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Most of the results look superficially fine, but the cooking process going on here... It's the world's most efficient calorie delivery service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p227z98e66Q

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

pienipple posted:

:psyduck: My eyes could NOT register the noodles, for whatever reason. Kept perceiving that as a single mass of creamy ~something~. NOW I can see the noodles.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Mizuti posted:

Most of the results look superficially fine, but the cooking process going on here... It's the world's most efficient calorie delivery service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p227z98e66Q

finally, a way to get my kids to eat cake

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
drumpf cake

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
So a hollow twinkie-grade cake covered in bad-tasting fondant?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Mmm, gallstones.

e: with hairs even!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Scathach posted:

What the gently caress are those

E:

I remember when I was a child and my mother fed me my favorite dish, Noodles 'n' Dirt.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Scathach posted:

E:

10/10 squid ink pasta, would fling at an upright, womanizing Italian wearing a bandana.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Are you going for a "I'm fat" joke or an "I have no friends" joke? I want to know what sort of guilty to feel.

Not fat and I have friends, but I am prone to occasional attacks of gluttony.

EDIT: Especially with novelty oversized foods.

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 21:35 on Mar 18, 2016

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

my cat is norris posted:

:psyduck: My eyes could NOT register the noodles, for whatever reason. Kept perceiving that as a single mass of creamy ~something~. NOW I can see the noodles.

I think there's a blob of mayo on top of the noodles which helps trick your brain into seeing it as normal ice-cream.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hi guys, I forgot about this thread when it restarted but I want to post Sandra Lee, has anybody posted Sandra Lee yet

Wedding cakes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOSAgsfeppU

She's my favorite :allears:

I'm glad you meant this Sandra Lee, and not the doctor one who makes videos of boils being lanced, etc.

ForceKin
Dec 22, 2009

Kanafa is delicious but absolutely does not photograph well.

This can also be said of sahlab, another dessert type thing from the same region-

I also want to share this picture from social media, posted with a 100% earnest caption about "my husband is an amazing cook! <3" (Canned beans and instant mashed potatoes.)

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

An Angry Bug posted:

So a hollow twinkie-grade cake covered in bad-tasting fondant?

Some might say it's rotten, but at least it gives you the runs on time.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I'll just slide this in here

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Oh, well in that case gimme the loving thing, because that's amazing.
Turns out it's just ginger ice cream put through a modified spout to look like udon, concocted by an ice-cream place in Kagawa Prefecture, famous for Sanuki udon.

Here's a trip report (in Japanese). Apparently the saltiness of the soy sauce goes well with the sweetness of the ice cream.

Do we have a buzz-kill smiley yet? :smith:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm not really sure what I'm looking at here.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

RareAcumen posted:

It's a big U-shaped sausage in a bun.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

RareAcumen posted:

It's a "mega sausage horse collar" and I think it's from a race track.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Scathach posted:

I'll just slide this in here

This is incredibly normal to me because PC brand items are the store brand of a huge chain of supermarkets here in Canada and I will spoil your enjoyment of it by saying that PC brand has a "Memories of..." line where it's trying to evoke regional tastes or nostalgia but they're not above a bit of fun and whimsy and so they totally knew what they were doing when they called their margarine "Memories of Butter" sorry good day sir I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

http://www.loblaws.ca/en_CA/articles/articlelisting/a_guide_to_cooking_with_our_memories_of_sauces.html

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Scathach posted:

E:

I made some of this a while ago for the last thread and forgot to post it. It was pre-packaged stuff from the Japanese market.

It was not good. :(

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

JohnnyCanuck posted:

This is incredibly normal to me because PC brand items are the store brand of a huge chain of supermarkets here in Canada and I will spoil your enjoyment of it by saying that PC brand has a "Memories of..." line where it's trying to evoke regional tastes or nostalgia but they're not above a bit of fun and whimsy and so they totally knew what they were doing when they called their margarine "Memories of Butter" sorry good day sir I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

http://www.loblaws.ca/en_CA/articles/articlelisting/a_guide_to_cooking_with_our_memories_of_sauces.html

tbh that makes it even better, it's fun when people are in on the joke like that.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Scathach posted:

Well I just tried mustard-flavored chips, thinking I'd have something to share. Nope, tasty as gently caress.

Have this instead.

Scathach posted:

It's a "mega sausage horse collar" and I think it's from a race track.

It's called the Horsecollar and it's a huge kielbasa in a cheese soaked bun covered in onions. It's served at Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Semisponge posted:

That makes sense, spaghetti Os have an obscene amount of sugar in them.

My brother used to eat Spaghetti-Os (with meatballs) for breakfast in elementary school, almost every day. In 2nd grade, he threw up in the morning all over the hallway. My class was next to his and my teacher went to see the hub-hub. She looks at the red and yellow mass of puke that came out, and began deriding him. "Pasta? You had pasta for breakfast?"

That's my Spaghetti-Os story

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

no rules

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

loving gum commercials, I swear

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

This needs to be someone's avatar.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Casu Marzu posted:

It's called the Horsecollar and it's a huge kielbasa in a cheese soaked bun covered in onions. It's served at Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers.

Ah, I can recognize what it is now that I see it from a different angle. Thanks! And even though I wouldn't eat it because I'm horribly picky, I'll still admit it looks nice.

And something I give a solid 'would' too.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

but rule 34

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Like you never grabbed balls of fresh mozzarella and pretended they were boobs

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

ForcedKen posted:

I also want to share this picture from social media, posted with a 100% earnest caption about "my husband is an amazing cook! <3" (Canned beans and instant mashed potatoes.)

:gonk: Ughh. This looks like a soup.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I like the mountain range of potato mash keeping the gravy & beans apart.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

I like the mountain range of potato mash keeping the gravy & beans apart.

It's clearly the Great Dividing Range :australia:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

GoutPatrol posted:

My brother used to eat Spaghetti-Os (with meatballs) for breakfast in elementary school, almost every day. In 2nd grade, he threw up in the morning all over the hallway. My class was next to his and my teacher went to see the hub-hub. She looks at the red and yellow mass of puke that came out, and began deriding him. "Pasta? You had pasta for breakfast?"

That's my Spaghetti-Os story

Our home-ec teacher in 8th grade told us pizza was a pretty good and nutritious breakfast and I loved her for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology