Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Well the Internet is angry again...

I guess the plan worked. Eddie said he would make England arrogant and hated even more and it's worked wonders. 6 nations in the bag and plenty of hate. Would we be talking about this if it was a Scotsman it Welshman? Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Please, give us more of your valuable opinion about how racism is acceptable in public life and how sportsmen should not be punished for spouting it.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
I didn't say that. I said if this was not an English player there would be less of an uproar. Also less of an uproar when he got zero punishment.

He shouldn't have said it. The player he said it to accepted his apology. Gatland should never open his mouth.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Probably should have gotten a week for the forearm smash, doing that and a racism in the same game while avoiding a ban altogether is pretty funny.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

In fairness he is a massive gypo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

thegasman2000 posted:

Well the Internet is angry again...

I guess the plan worked. Eddie said he would make England arrogant and hated even more and it's worked wonders. 6 nations in the bag and plenty of hate. Would we be talking about this if it was a Scotsman it Welshman? Nope.

Well to be fair. If he was from Scotland or Wales he would have been punished a few days ago and the matter would be closed

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

CyberPingu posted:

Well to be fair. If he was from Scotland or Wales he would have been punished a few days ago and the matter would be closed

To be fair, Liam Williams did full black face, i don't recall he was punished for that but i could be wrong.

Admittedly he didn't run onto stradey park like that but still....

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Pretty sure Paddy Jackson did too and we all ripped them to shreds for it. The big difference was that those assholes did it in their own time and not in the middle of a game with a couple of million people watching it.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Aye Paddy Jackson got off with it since he did it on his own time and by all accounts is a nice wee lad who was guilty of being more ignorant than racist.

Still deserved all the abuse he got here and elsewhere though.

V V I agree. If anything it shows the disconnect between the public and the authorities that players are widely criticised but escape all action.

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 17, 2016

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
The only measure of reaction that is worthy of any discussion is how rugbys governing bodys react to these incidents.

Whether the internet mocks them or people in general are annoyed, or it was on their own time or in front of millions of people is irrelevant. Its the same as any sport, if your "stars" act in a way that portrays that sport in a negative light its an opportunity for the powers that be to draw a line in the sand. All the incidents above were not dealt with so its clear that they would rather not bring attention to them and hope people forget about them.

To me, regardless of nationality of the people involved, that is shocking behavior from the rugby authorities.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Looks like World Rugby has asked the 6 nations comittee for their explanation over not citing Marler for being a oval office.

I really hope they enjoy the "Cos we said so" answer they get back.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm kind of surprised nobody's thrown in a quick hate-crime suit.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
I'm so glad this thread has it's priorities straight by making sure every one knows about Joe Marler and never mentioning the eye scrap by Tomas Francis

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
You mean the one he got an 8 week ban for?

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
The Highlanders are really fun to watch. No other team has such an inventive kicking game.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Foxtrot_13 posted:

I'm so glad this thread has it's priorities straight by making sure every one knows about Joe Marler and never mentioning the eye scrap by Tomas Francis

One of these men evaded punishment for 2 infractions in one game, the other got banned for 8 weeks. So they're slightly different situations, I hope that explains why we're handling them differently.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Painkiller posted:

The Highlanders are really fun to watch. No other team has such an inventive kicking game.

*ahem* SunWolves?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Holy poo poo, the Tahs have been lucky, but this is a game now!

Woden
May 6, 2006

Unimpressed posted:

Holy poo poo, the Tahs have been lucky, but this is a game now!

They were unlucky as gently caress for the first half and then the start of the second, missed all but the last 10 mins of the second half and have no idea how they turned it around.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Woden posted:

They were unlucky as gently caress for the first half and then the start of the second, missed all but the last 10 mins of the second half and have no idea how they turned it around.

I dunno about that, dropping the ball isn't unlucky, getting a try from a clearly offside position is lucky. Besides, we played like poo poo in the first half all over the place. Palu was atrocious and Dean Mumm back at his worst. We lost our lineouts and our scrums. I wouldn't say we were unlucky, we were just poo poo.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Either my eyes are hosed or the Sharks don't have numbers on their backs. I would have thought they would have to have them to be identifiable for the officials.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Looks like France are gonna dash the English hopes of a grandslam, nicking the Women's 6N in the process. French pack is really impressive especially their 8.

England made some questionable decisions at the end, hopefully a sign of things to come tomorrow.

E: wow down by 5 with 7 minutes to go England get a penalty infront of the posts and kick to the corner. They get turned over at the lineout. Then they get another kickable penalty 2 minutes from time only to be informed the clock is wrong and time is actually up, they run it and lose the game and championship. Heartbreaker.

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 18, 2016

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Eddie Jones insists that public outcry over the Joe Marler verdict is a conspiracy by the Welsh Rugby Union to try and undermine England's Grand Slam victory.. Or something? :psyduck:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/mar/17/englands-eddie-jones-accuses-wales-as-rancour-deepens-over-joe-marler-jibe

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Poor the Kings, they are really pretty bad.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...

butros posted:

Poor the Kings, they are really pretty bad.

I turned on to see them with a scrum on the Crusaders 5m. They went backward for 15 phases, got turned over and then 3 offloads later the Crusaders were under the posts. Men against boys.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Well, you get what you pay for.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
Okay - can the Blues get their first away win in two years (or so)?

Lets find out...

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
I hope the referee ends the match here. :ohdear:

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
After 6 or so weeks of six nations rugby. This reds blues game is like watching some sort of wizard rugby. It's making me queasy and tired.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!

hitchensgoespop posted:

After 6 or so weeks of six nations rugby. This reds blues game is like watching some sort of wizard rugby. It's making me queasy and tired.

Both teams are playing quite high risk attack at the moment too.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

I like the new rule about penalty kicks for lineout after time.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
So the Reds have a poo poo line-out and the Blues can't scrum. That is the story of the first half.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

I'll say it. Two bad teams.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!

Unimpressed posted:

I'll say it. Two bad teams.

I don't know about "bad" - but certainly not clever.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
^^^Scratch that. I don't about "two" bad teams - but cetainly one is.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Well one of them suddenly remembered how to play, it's like the Richard Graham hangover is starting to wear off.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
The real question: How the hell did the Blues beat the Highlanders in their opening match?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

They were at home?

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Aramoro posted:

One of these men evaded punishment for 2 infractions in one game, the other got banned for 8 weeks. So they're slightly different situations, I hope that explains why we're handling them differently.

So a person getting an 8 week ban isn't even worth mentioning? At all. Ever. For raking his fingers across the eyes of a fellow player?

Not a single post has been made about it. Not a "fair cop you just don't do that" or a "he's a good boyo and it wasn't intentional so 8 weeks is harsh" post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

What. People posted about it during the game and said he should have been sent off at the time. What more is there to say.