Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You use the auction invite at the ground floor entrance with the higher-tier armed guards. You need to wait a few seconds to get the "Show Invite" prompt!

Like the small side doors in the entrance hall with one guard each? Do they care what outfit I'm in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

JoshTheStampede posted:

Like the small side doors in the entrance hall with one guard each? Do they care what outfit I'm in?

Go outside the bar/patio area and towards the rear of the building there is a side entrance with 2 of the guards that will check your invitation, pretty sure you have to be wearing the 47 suit or tux.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

astr0man posted:

Go outside the bar/patio area and towards the rear of the building there is a side entrance with 2 of the guards that will check your invitation, pretty sure you have to be wearing the 47 suit or tux.

It'd be glorious if they had unique dialogue for the vampire costume + invitation.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

It'd be glorious if they had unique dialogue for the vampire costume + invitation.

That was one thing Absolution did right I think, it seemed to have a shitload of incidental voiced dialogue. A lot of random characters had unique lines based on what was happening. What part of a game company is responsible for things like that? Because they need more work.

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

Is anyone else having trouble with the escalation at the ICA facility? I completed it twice, 5 starred everything, and I can't get the feat for it.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Well gently caress. I'd heard about the disconnection problems but this is ridiculous. Even save scumming doesn't help cos there appears to be a 50% chance going to the save menu boots me off the server. Back to The Division I guess.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Brumaldo posted:

Is anyone else having trouble with the escalation at the ICA facility? I completed it twice, 5 starred everything, and I can't get the feat for it.

I can't get credit for challenges on the Cuba simulation map if that is relevant. No idea why.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Junkenstein posted:

Well gently caress. I'd heard about the disconnection problems but this is ridiculous. Even save scumming doesn't help cos there appears to be a 50% chance going to the save menu boots me off the server. Back to The Division I guess.

Weird, I'm 12 hours into this game and have never been disconnected. I had some issues connecting initially when the game first launched, but it's all been gravy since.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

~11 hours here with lovely canadian internet and haven't had any problems. The only thing I can think of is a little red icon in the bottom right, I think it's saying that it can't reach the servers to save but by the end of the mission it's all gravy.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

Odobenidae posted:

~11 hours here with lovely canadian internet and haven't had any problems. The only thing I can think of is a little red icon in the bottom right, I think it's saying that it can't reach the servers to save but by the end of the mission it's all gravy.

I'm also in Canadia land and only had server downtime once since launch. I'm guessing it's a regional thing, as these things usually go, though it really shouldn't be having issues anywhere nearly two weeks after launch, and some folks are still reporting constant disconnects and downtimes.

One-seventh of a singleplayer-only game with fairly static online components really should not be having more server issues than a rushed, buggy Ubisoft pseudo-MMO. Livin' in the future.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
One cool small detail I noticed is that when you aim out of low cover, 47 doesn't stand up and reveal half of his body for people to see like in other shooters.
Instead he remains crouched and aims slightly above cover.

A practical tactic for someone who shoots pistols with just one hand.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Is there a date for Italy yet?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Moartoast posted:

I'm also in Canadia land and only had server downtime once since launch. I'm guessing it's a regional thing, as these things usually go, though it really shouldn't be having issues anywhere nearly two weeks after launch, and some folks are still reporting constant disconnects and downtimes.

One-seventh of a singleplayer-only game with fairly static online components really should not be having more server issues than a rushed, buggy Ubisoft pseudo-MMO. Livin' in the future.

Yeah, I dunno what it was. It got better, and I managed a long time playing through the second tutorial level fine in the end. Maybe it was just a hiccup with the UK servers at the time I decided to start playing. I don't think it's my internet, since I managed nine hours of The Division last week with one disconnect (which put me straight back to where I was). Pretty crazy that it's the launch of a Hitman game rather than the crazy popular new MMO that gave me server issues.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Been screwing around in the freeform tutorial mission and having a lot of fun. A few petty gripes though:

1. I am on PC, and I am not a fan of having a billion separate buttons that do separate things despite most of them being contextual.

2. "Hey, scary bodyguard guy, I am totally a crew member! Do you mind if I go into the restroom your boss is puking his guts out into?" "Sure, go ahead."

3. On that note, how the hell is death by toilet bowl drowning "ironic"?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

perhaps they are implying your target was a piece of poo poo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They died doing what they loved. making GBS threads.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

1. I am on PC, and I am not a fan of having a billion separate buttons that do separate things despite most of them being contextual.

Honestly, once you get used to it, it's way better than a controller. The controller binds too many things to singular buttons, and that can make a big difference between a perfect run and a botched run, especially since contextual items tend to be bunched together a whole lot.

Keyboard ain't perfect either, but at least you can rebind stuff. Also the gunplay and precision aiming feels way, way better with a mouse.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Unlucky7 posted:

Been screwing around in the freeform tutorial mission and having a lot of fun. A few petty gripes though:

2. "Hey, scary bodyguard guy, I am totally a crew member! Do you mind if I go into the restroom your boss is puking his guts out into?" "Sure, go ahead."

2 is just a sacrifice for gameplay.

Anyway you should really be hiding in the convenient standing closest when they come in to puke.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

SirDan3k posted:

2 is just a sacrifice for gameplay.

Anyway you should really be hiding in the convenient standing closest when they come in to puke.

It's also a bit weird, though- I don't think a number of behaviors (entering occupied bathrooms, climbing pipes) were safe in previous games in the series.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Moartoast posted:

Honestly, once you get used to it, it's way better than a controller. The controller binds too many things to singular buttons, and that can make a big difference between a perfect run and a botched run, especially since contextual items tend to be bunched together a whole lot.

Keyboard ain't perfect either, but at least you can rebind stuff. Also the gunplay and precision aiming feels way, way better with a mouse.

I think the biggest improvement to KB/M would be introducing some kind of incremental movement for 47 like the controllers have. Following a target and having to stop for a second or two because you walk faster than them ruins the flow a little. Every game in the series has had this problem.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Profanity posted:

I think the biggest improvement to KB/M would be introducing some kind of incremental movement for 47 like the controllers have. Following a target and having to stop for a second or two because you walk faster than them ruins the flow a little. Every game in the series has had this problem.

I fully agree, and like 90% of games where you follow a person have this problem, even if it's scripted, let alone expected.

I'll still be eternally baffled by how nobody, especially stealth games, ever took notes from Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, in which the scroll wheel would incrementally-but-smoothly change your movement speed, regardless of stance. It would solve so many problems with the lack of analogue movement with a mouse and keyboard in these games. Even that game only thought to implement it because of how the sound detection system worked

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Unlucky7 posted:

Because he drowned on a boat.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Discendo Vox posted:

It's also a bit weird, though- I don't think a number of behaviors (entering occupied bathrooms, climbing pipes) were safe in previous games in the series.

Climbing pipes was safe in Blood Money people just made fun of you for it. Death on the Mississippi is the only mission I recall where a target even entered a guarded bathroom and everybody got pushed off the boat in that mission for the principal of it.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Good to see that single door technique still works like a charm.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Moartoast posted:

I fully agree, and like 90% of games where you follow a person have this problem, even if it's scripted, let alone expected.

I'll still be eternally baffled by how nobody, especially stealth games, ever took notes from Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, in which the scroll wheel would incrementally-but-smoothly change your movement speed, regardless of stance. It would solve so many problems with the lack of analogue movement with a mouse and keyboard in these games. Even that game only thought to implement it because of how the sound detection system worked

Absolutely, the mouse wheel was the absolute perfect solution! It made you feel like you had a lot of control. Plus is was cool how his animation would dynamically change as you slowed down

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Absolutely, the mouse wheel was the absolute perfect solution! It made you feel like you had a lot of control. Plus is was cool how his animation would dynamically change as you slowed down

Yeah the visual feedback was real good, every increment of movement reflected how much sound you were likely to make with the animations alone. Considering that that was like, the only game that had ever attempted that (unless the previous games did idk), it was a really good implementation. Goddammit Chaos Theory was so good.

Extreme0 posted:

Good to see that single door technique still works like a charm.

Wouldn't be a Square-published stealth game without loads of potential for AI and ragdoll shenanigans. I still have a photo on my steam profile from the leaked DXHR demo of a shitload of unconscious cops forming a mountain in the police station lobby.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Speaking of unconscious people, do they wake up by themselves after a certain amount of time?

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Speaking of unconscious people, do they wake up by themselves after a certain amount of time?

Not as far as I've seen. Civilians also have no idea what a pulse actually is so they'll just scream in horror that THEY HAVE NO PULSE I FOUND A DEAD BODY DEAR GOD and the guards have to go over and wake them up.

The worst part of this mechanic is that they actually made the AI go fetch clothes from (empty) lockers if they're naked when they wake up, so you can't undress all the men, have them all woken up and then just have them walking around the map in their skivvies. This will eternally bum me out.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Does being spotted by a security camera remove your "Never Spotted" bonus even if you take out the security system? Trying to speed run the escalation thingy where you have to hack laptops/kill the AV guy/kill the Sheikh's body guard and I keep losing my bonus even though I'm never caught killing dudes. wtf

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

status posted:

Does being spotted by a security camera remove your "Never Spotted" bonus even if you take out the security system? Trying to speed run the escalation thingy where you have to hack laptops/kill the AV guy/kill the Sheikh's body guard and I keep losing my bonus even though I'm never caught killing dudes. wtf
Are people catching you trespassing? Because that's what tends to ruin Never Spotted. Because if you ruin the camera feed the game counts that as you not getting caught.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

status posted:

"Spotted by camera" is its own category and you always get the bonus for it if you delete the evidence, regardless of whether or not you were seen by cameras beforehand.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Discendo Vox posted:

Entering bathrooms was safe in Blood Money- they'll look at you if you get to close but they'd do that anywhere.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

StashAugustine posted:

Entering bathrooms was safe in Blood Money- they'll look at you if you get to close but they'd do that anywhere.

I'm really thinking specifically of people with bodyguards assigned to them. The lawyer in the Meat King's Party went to use a multistall bathroom, and the guard actually swept the whole place, including every stall, first.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Vaguely Hitman related but did the PC release of "Alekhine's Gun" turn out any good?

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Nckdictator posted:

Vaguely Hitman related but did the PC release of "Alekhine's Gun" turn out any good?

No

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm really thinking specifically of people with bodyguards assigned to them. The lawyer in the Meat King's Party went to use a multistall bathroom, and the guard actually swept the whole place, including every stall, first.

That was Contracts though, which also had that part in Bjarkhov Bomb where a guard would sweep the small bathroom to get you out or else stand outside of it when that guy goes in.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Remember how older games would expend all of their effort making the first level really awesome because it would be used as the demo and then the rest of the game would loving suck?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

That was Contracts though, which also had that part in Bjarkhov Bomb where a guard would sweep the small bathroom to get you out or else stand outside of it when that guy goes in.

Yes- my original claim was about past games generally, not Blood Money in particular.

Decrepus posted:

Remember how older games would expend all of their effort making the first level really awesome because it would be used as the demo and then the rest of the game would loving suck?

Not...really?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

King Vidiot posted:

There's also the other target turning around to ask again if you want something to drink, ruining the day of everybody who pulled out the fiber wire right after he walked away from you.

It's even worse because it takes at least 3 minutes go from that bathroom to the ship where he holds office. Your guns are also removed just before entering. Hope you saved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Also good luck having some shmuck not walk off the ice or whatever the hell kept happening in that map and ruin your Silent Assassin rank.