Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

:redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Wat

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Ok I guess the flip will come when I am done driving around looking for good beer DONT POST AND DRIVE KIDS

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
chaoslord, XCOM Demolitions Expert, was lynched Day 6!

quote:

You are an XCOM Demolitions expert. You like to make things explode, and have been tinkering with such devices all your life. Now, you've brought special time delayed charges, a tool your team will make use of to great effect.

When making the scum night kill, your target does not die immediately. They will instead die on the following night. This ability bypasses Doctor protection on the targetting night, but can be stopped on the night of the target's death.

You win when XCOM has complete control over the area of operations, and controls the vote.

It is now Night 6, please submit your night actions

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
No one died Night 6!

It is now Day 7

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lemme guess you jailed tricky?

##vote tricky

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

JakeP posted:

You are just wrong KK and stupid as all loving hell

JakeP posted:

I'm not pissed, I am frustrated with your stubborness and stupidity though

JakeP posted:

Rather than being a condescending prick maybe try playing mafia

JakeP posted:

Why are you being so hostile and unreasonable?

JakeP posted:

If you are town that is a pretty dumb stance to take

JakeP posted:

So why are you freaking out then?

JakeP posted:

Nah you be straight buggin' yo

JakeP posted:

you are being intentionally obtuse and its obvious as gently caress

JakeP posted:

Good because you are making yourself look like a moron

JakeP posted:

normally I agree with this but you obviously have very little experience in open setups and just don't understand

JakeP posted:

and KK, I know you think you are all high and mighty on your pedestal here, but I am one of the biggest proponents of all vanilla games, or power role light games, and am easily one of the best scum hunters on these forums.

You clearly lack the experience to know that you don't play every open setup the same way, and you are trying to play this as if we don't have a ton of information already.

JakeP posted:

Eat a dick dumb poo poo

JakeP posted:

yeah, its really funny to know you are town and watch you play this way XD

You must still be bitter that you couldn't kill me in that CYOE game and instead died and lost as some kind of cult recruiter, hahaha so much salt XD XD XD

JakeP posted:

you guys know that Khris Kruel has literally never won a mafia game on these forums lol

JakeP posted:

looking forward to your first SA mafia win though I am sure it will be exciting for all

JakeP posted:

I just think its funny that you act high and mighty while at the same time never actually won a standard mafia game

:colbert:

##vote JakeP

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
:salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Time to wrap this up.

##vote JakeP

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005
Goddammit don't end this day without me again.## vote jakep

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: :henget: JakeP

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
:f5:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
JakeP, XCOM Central Officer Bradford, has been lynched!

:siren: Advent is victorious :siren:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I've been asked to give Khris Kruel and Tremendous Taste and award for Least Valuable Player but I'm not mean so I won't do that.

As to replacing a dead player in, yeah it was weird, but it was done several times in the last NAILBITER (tm) game I participated in and seemed to work fine there. Unfortunately the decision was not clear cut, as not replacing a player who has flat out told me he cannot participate is unfair to the town, while replacing him is mildly unfair to the SK/scum. The best solution is to just not allow players who are known for just leaving games to play, but that isn't fool proof either.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
ModDoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UFc1TR48wJBhQJlqnGaMnNw8jjkZeqjgFg9SYr9t8Z4/edit?usp=sharing

ScumDoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14H4QWuVv-0unDbwg-xBGkd52sO_dgtUoQwDHfa8Rfdo/edit?usp=sharing

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

yeah right I singlehandedly found and killed half the scum :rolleyes:

I thought it was pretty dumb of the last two scum not to claim first.

Also I think its pretty clear that mass claiming breaks this game in favor of the town...I think if you remove the jailer role it'd be more balanced and would add more places for scum to hide.

Although we mislynched twice and we're at lylo so who knows

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
It did feel like the scum needed to be much more proactive in the endgame, especially with claiming. There was a real possibility for convincing the town to lynch blackcross several times. It was discussed in the scumdoc a bit.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
mass claim made game boring. Thanks for hosting Friction!

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005

Friction.123 posted:

It did feel like the scum needed to be much more proactive in the endgame, especially with claiming. There was a real possibility for convincing the town to lynch blackcross several times. It was discussed in the scumdoc a bit.
No, I am so clearly good! How could this happen?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

blackcross posted:

No, I am so clearly good! How could this happen?

You just happened to be the one who inherited tracker, which seemed to be a common theme.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Friction.123 posted:

yeah I legit still thought KB or blackcross could've been scum, but when JakeP and chaoslord didn't say anything I was like well that's easy

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Well, it was certainly an interesting first game.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

I thought it was pretty dumb of the last two scum not to claim first.

Also I think its pretty clear that mass claiming breaks this game in favor of the town...I think if you remove the jailer role it'd be more balanced and would add more places for scum to hide.

Although we mislynched twice and we're at lylo so who knows

I really wish I hadn't rolled godfather really, if I was any other scum I would have claimed more aggressively, but since I was not going to be doing any night actions and needed to protect myself from being lynched (trading me for a power role not worth it)

Town played well, and Kordansk and Blackcross played great games for newbies

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

jesus christ TT copped gulag dolls with his one investigation. I would've lynched him if he claimed that

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

JakeP posted:

I really wish I hadn't rolled godfather really, if I was any other scum I would have claimed more aggressively, but since I was not going to be doing any night actions and needed to protect myself from being lynched (trading me for a power role not worth it)

sorry about chaoslord not claiming. If he had countered claimed tracker I would've been in a dilemma

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

sorry about chaoslord not claiming. If he had countered claimed tracker I would've been in a dilemma

yeah he kind of got busy and had things going on at the WORST times. The plan was for him to claim tracker, but the thread kept opening when he was away and things moved fast at the end

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005

JakeP posted:

Awww, thanks!

I had a lot of fun, I'm just sorry I missed last night's craziness (I thought leaving work for the night meant it was safe to ignore the thread for a few hours....)

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

blackcross posted:

Awww, thanks!

I had a lot of fun, I'm just sorry I missed last night's craziness (I thought leaving work for the night meant it was safe to ignore the thread for a few hours....)

I'm almost never alive by end game but yeah it goes by fast. The early days take the longest

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

looking at the actions, we would've found chaoslord out if jon had saved gulag. I would've had my roleblock on amoeba and chaoslord would've been outted, so scum was lucky jon chose to save me that night

We were fortunate that the SK didn't lie, and I thought the roleclaim was dumb. I didn't think kordansk was scum and wouldn't have voted for him if he hadn't claimed sk. I would've pushed for JakeP or blackcross on day 5.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
that was glorious

well played KK and others, thanks for running Friction

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Birdstrike posted:

kordansk

it's so obvious

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005
I still have no idea how to actually play well, haha.

At best, I've gotten better at coming up with and sticking to my (wrong) opinion.

I guess I was against aafter, kordansk, jake and chaos at some times during the game but I was also wrongly against Taste and could have been talked into a Tomm/Tricky kill as well, so...

Jake, you being GF and not going anywhere when I tracked you messed me up!

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005
But I had fun, so :)

blackcross
Apr 10, 2005
Also I don't know if Friction was waiting for anyone else to open Day 6 but my PM last night apparently didn't go through so if I was the one holding up Day 6 for so long, sorry everyone!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Good game!

Another Nailbiter down near the wire.

I'd say that even with the mass softclaims D1, the Scum were not greatly disadvantaged, but I'm eager to read the Scumdoc for more perspective. Scum were much more seriously hindered by the suicidal trade of Aafter the Ninja for the BP Miller (about the least useful trade possible, because the BP Miller being alive casts doubt on both Cop hits and SK kill fails.)

I'm eager to read the mod doc to see just what happened,and the Scumdoc to see how they felt about it.

It seemed like a lot of nails were bitten and it was a fun read, hope everyone had fun playing too! Thanks Friction, very well modded! Only flaw was taking a replacement, which ended up deciding the game, in a way.

Second game in a row where the SK threw away the chance to win and handed victory to Town. That's befuddling.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah aafter was supposed to claim "power" but went a bit rogue on that one. Ideally the poisoner would be the one that claimed that way

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

JakeP posted:

yeah he kind of got busy and had things going on at the WORST times. The plan was for him to claim tracker, but the thread kept opening when he was away and things moved fast at the end

Yeah this game was just a big sign to me that mafia is gonna have to take a break. I had the funeral at the start, and shortly after decided I will be taking a new job so I am trying to wrap up my big projects and train someon one to take over, I missed a Sunday deadline because I thought it was a Monday deadline and my wife surprised me with a birthday weekend trip so I decided I could catch up on Monday (whoops), then I was away when the mass claims happened, came back for a couple of hours, then was out refereeing two hours from home when the day reopened and got dunked during that haha. I was away a few other nights reffing as well and I just never had the time needed to devote to this.

I apologize to everyone for how crappy my content was during. I really did enjoy it though, and the new players all played well I thought. Hope y'all stick around!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Khris Kruel posted:

KK, Look, you are a great guy and you contributed to this game and I'm glad you pulled it out after all.

But seriously. You almost lost us the game. I outlined our entire victory in one post. You chose to ignore it and almost lost us the game. Let me know if you need me to quote it for you.

I told you before my death to Jail Jake. Because you didn't, he killed me. If I hadn't protected you, you would ALSO have died due to poison and scum wins.

If you HAD listened to me, there would have been NO deaths that night and we would have secured a super easy win with all of us remaining living until the end.

So yes, you won in the end. I hate to rain on your parade, but it was SO frustrating watching you almost throw it away.

On the plus side, Taste was WAY worse then you. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Khris Kruel posted:

yeah I legit still thought KB or blackcross could've been scum, but when JakeP and chaoslord didn't say anything I was like well that's easy

smdh. The game was solved before my death.

• Locked thread