Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
Gang signs with the right hand and animal balloons with the left!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
209 Stockton motherfuckers! What a loving night! Don't know if anyone cares but I am going to post about my experience before my wife gets back to the room with the bottle of scotch that we are going to drink to celebrate and then I am going to play poker all night with a few Vegas friends. I haven't had any alcohol since about 5am this morning because I wanted to experience this with out alcohol and then get loving wasted either way if I won or lost.

The seats we had were amazing I could watch every fighter walking in and there were enough big screens around to watch the fight in the ring. A couple of observations and cool things that happened. Fans around us are really aggressive and cheer like crazy there was some pushing and shoving several times during the time between Tate and Diaz fights it was kind of like being at a Steelers browns game or a game in Eagles stadium. When Connor walked out I yelled Stockton Motherfucker and I swear he gave me a thumbs up or the finger or something but that could just me being high as poo poo from the joint and the adrenaline from the Tate fight. When Nate Diaz walked out some guy kept yelling Jake Shields is a horse face. The crowd did not like Diaz until he won. I know it's probably because I was there experiencing this live but that Tate fight blew my mind especially after she flipped over and made holm tap, but then watching Diaz stun Connor and loving smile and put his hands out was the most bad rear end thing I have ever seen. You could the feel the energy or momentum or whatever it was in the stadium instantly switch to Diaz. It was crazy and then when he finished him it was just a surreal moment. I have never experienced something like that and it was totally worth it.

After figuring everything out I think I won 17750 I won 17500 on Diaz 2250 on Tate and I lost 1k on lawler and 1k on a parlay. I will be turning in my slips tomorrow morning and will collect my cash then. This works out great for me because the seats were 3k and change plus my month long condo rental for the wsop is close to another 3k which leaves me around 11k for the wsop. I just got the ok for the wife and she is cool with me using that to play in the main event this year which is a 10k entry fee. I usually go to the WSOP to play in the cash games but never really play in any events. Now I have that opportunity to play in the biggest one thanks to Nate Diaz and Lawler scoring me brownie points. I owe those two guys bigtime.

I love this loving thread it's the only reason I ever started betting on MMA so thanks for that because without this thread I wouldn't even bet on MMA. Congrats to anyone else who won tonight.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

God drat dude. Good luck in the main event!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

jase1 posted:

209 Stockton motherfuckers! What a loving night! Don't know if anyone cares but I am going to post about my experience before my wife gets back to the room with the bottle of scotch that we are going to drink to celebrate and then I am going to play poker all night with a few Vegas friends. I haven't had any alcohol since about 5am this morning because I wanted to experience this with out alcohol and then get loving wasted either way if I won or lost.

The seats we had were amazing I could watch every fighter walking in and there were enough big screens around to watch the fight in the ring. A couple of observations and cool things that happened. Fans around us are really aggressive and cheer like crazy there was some pushing and shoving several times during the time between Tate and Diaz fights it was kind of like being at a Steelers browns game or a game in Eagles stadium. When Connor walked out I yelled Stockton Motherfucker and I swear he gave me a thumbs up or the finger or something but that could just me being high as poo poo from the joint and the adrenaline from the Tate fight. When Nate Diaz walked out some guy kept yelling Jake Shields is a horse face. The crowd did not like Diaz until he won. I know it's probably because I was there experiencing this live but that Tate fight blew my mind especially after she flipped over and made holm tap, but then watching Diaz stun Connor and loving smile and put his hands out was the most bad rear end thing I have ever seen. You could the feel the energy or momentum or whatever it was in the stadium instantly switch to Diaz. It was crazy and then when he finished him it was just a surreal moment. I have never experienced something like that and it was totally worth it.

After figuring everything out I think I won 17750 I won 17500 on Diaz 2250 on Tate and I lost 1k on lawler and 1k on a parlay. I will be turning in my slips tomorrow morning and will collect my cash then. This works out great for me because the seats were 3k and change plus my month long condo rental for the wsop is close to another 3k which leaves me around 11k for the wsop. I just got the ok for the wife and she is cool with me using that to play in the main event this year which is a 10k entry fee. I usually go to the WSOP to play in the cash games but never really play in any events. Now I have that opportunity to play in the biggest one thanks to Nate Diaz and Lawler scoring me brownie points. I owe those two guys bigtime.

I love this loving thread it's the only reason I ever started betting on MMA so thanks for that because without this thread I wouldn't even bet on MMA. Congrats to anyone else who won tonight.

He threw up the finger at your side of the crowd. It was you.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

jase1 posted:

Congrats again dude. I think I made out with close to $2500 tonight. Nothing compared to you, but still loving awesome.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I lost $Three Dollars in bets to my friends but I don't care.

jase1 I love you, you deserve the best for all the entertainment you bring to us. Please win the WSOP and buy your wife some shoes and a great car.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

you are a national treasure, hope you gently caress people up in the big one this year

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

jase1 posted:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
jase1's big score is cool. i hope you win megabucks on the poker

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
jase1, you are from real.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
This is a glorious day

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

vainman posted:

Jase, man, I need the lottery numbers

Viper_3000 posted:

You had them. 209 BITCH.

lmao

jase1 posted:

This is why I always tell people that live mma events are a loving experience; if you watch the sport at all you should definitely try and attend one at least once if you can. UFC is of course very cool, but even aside from that the little local shows are their own thing and you should try and check one out if you can.

quote:

(o_o)-b

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

jase1 posted:

lol this is cool congrats man

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

A lot of winners in this thread last night. I feel like this is kind of a first for the MMA betting thread.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

jase1 posted:

Hell yeah, man. I'm happy for you. Good luck at the WSOP.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Finally getting back to room picked up my cash and now I am finally going to sleep. Lots of drinking and gambling and after the adrenaline finally left my body I realized I was about to start hallucinating if I didn't go get some sleep. Have to catch and early flight tomorrow thanks for all the congrats.

Viper do you live in Vegas or am I thinking about someone else? If so when I am here for the WSOP we should totally hang out and bet on the NBA playoffs at the sportsbook.I will be in town from June 1st to July 20th. If anyone in this thread lives in Vegas look me up during those times and it's definitely a drink on me. Wife wants you all to know she got her car already anyways, it just came out of my pocket instead of my gambling winnings. I left this open on the laptop when I left the room last night and she read most of the thread.

So I see Mark Hunt is fighting in a couple of weeks. I will be placing a bet on him for sure.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

jase1 posted:

Viper do you live in Vegas or am I thinking about someone else? If so when I am here for the WSOP we should totally hang out and bet on the NBA playoffs at the sportsbook.I will be in town from June 1st to July 20th. If anyone in this thread lives in Vegas look me up during those times and it's definitely a drink on me. Wife wants you all to know she got her car already anyways, it just came out of my pocket instead of my gambling winnings. I left this open on the laptop when I left the room last night and she read most of the thread.

So I see Mark Hunt is fighting in a couple of weeks. I will be placing a bet on him for sure.

I think you're thinking of someone else, as I'm in Tennessee. You should get in touch with Jay_SB or whatever his username is if he still posts here. He's the guy who made 2nd at WSOP a few years ago and he lives out there. I try and make it out there once a year, but I don't think I'll be there during WSOP this year. I REALLY want to go next year for the opening round of March Madness, but I've heard it's both expensive and loving nuts.

Mark Hunt huh? I have one better. Chael is rumored to be coming out of retirement soon.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Viper_3000 posted:

Mark Hunt huh? I have one better. Chael is rumored to be coming out of retirement soon.

https://www.urshow.tv/Events/UR%20Fight

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Can I bet on the fan to knock out Roy Jones jr if so I am all over that.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Don't (?) Bet on MMA: The Gambling Thread

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Saints Crow posted:

Don't Bet On MMA; 209 Forearm Tattoos Within

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Saints Crow posted:

Don't (be scared, homie) Bet on MMA: The Gambling Thread

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

This is the best thread. I enjoy living vicariously through your posts.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

5k on Mark Hunt at -175. I bet on him before when he was an underdog and he came through for me. I see this in Australia so what time will this event be live and how can I watch it?

Edit: Had to change a typo on Hunts odds he is -175 not +175.

jase1 fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 16, 2016

outy
Aug 27, 2004

jase1 posted:

5k on Mark Hunt at +175. I bet on him before when he was an underdog and he came through for me. I see this in Australia so what time will this event be live and how can I watch it?

http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-brisbane-2016?id=#howToWatchModule

Fox Sports 1

Main card starts: 10PM/7PM ETPT

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

risking 10 to make 60 parlaying small amounts on any 3 of Leslie Smith, Seo See Ham, Te Huna, Magny, Hunt combined. hardly worth mentioning a small risk bet compared to jase1's but those are my picks.

betting against Steve Bosse & Rin Nakai seems like free money

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

acai moonsault posted:

risking 10 to make 60 parlaying small amounts on any 3 of Leslie Smith, Seo See Ham, Te Huna, Magny, Hunt combined. hardly worth mentioning a small risk bet compared to jase1's but those are my picks.

betting against Steve Bosse & Rin Nakai seems like free money

are you betting against rin nakai because you know something about her opponent or because of the all time stinker she put on against tate?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Rin is Japanese and a fetish model, but she's still going to wrestle the gently caress out of 90% of her weight class

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

i know nothing about her opponent, looking up her record now she was the girl whose ear burst back at Werdum vs Hunt.

now that you mention it I just remembered I heard Miesha Tate say in an interview to Helwani that Nakai had knee or some kind of surgery and may never fight again

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe
Leslie Smith is her opponent and is probably best known for elbowing the poo poo out of some guy who touched her friend's butt in a bar.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
there's a time and a place for touch butt

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

LIKEINEEDTHIS posted:

Leslie Smith is her opponent and is probably best known for elbowing the poo poo out of some guy who touched her friend's butt in a bar.

probably best known for nothing at all

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Put some money on Eddiva. Probably will lose

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
I parlayed Hunt, Ham, and Leslie Smith.

I am a dummy

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
I really wanted to place my first bet but they wouldn't allow me to register from NYC. I was so amped up I entered a draftkings mma event which I don't even understand

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Vomik posted:

I really wanted to place my first bet but they wouldn't allow me to register from NYC. I was so amped up I entered a draftkings mma event which I don't even understand

You're well on your way to a great career in MMA betting.

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe

We're in this together guys.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
I hope you cashed out before the main card. Bosse also just KO'd my parlay as well.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

This is getting easy.