Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GotDonuts
Apr 28, 2008

Karbohydrate Kitteh
I used to use GOM as my movie player but now I cannot find a legit website on google, just many repeat malware websites. Does it not exist anymore, I don't want to change to a new player. Change is scary. Will I have to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
I didn't realize GOM was popular. One of my coworkers uses it, and it has always looked shady as hell to me and I poked fun at him for it. A quick search shows it's also violating the licensing terms for ffmpeg.

Any ffmpeg player will work fine, I'm partial to mplayerhq, VLC is probably fine.
There used to be something called media player classic, not sure if that is still alive.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i've never heard of this thing, but i typed gom into google, and gomlab.com, which is like the first three results, seems legit. is it actually malware that i'm missing?

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

GotDonuts posted:

I used to use GOM as my movie player but now I cannot find a legit website on google, just many repeat malware websites. Does it not exist anymore, I don't want to change to a new player. Change is scary. Will I have to?

Isn't this the official page?

I personally use Media Player Classic Home Cinema (with madVR for the higher quality rendering).

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Mar 21, 2016

Col.Kiwi
Dec 28, 2004
And the grave digger puts on the forceps...
VLC (http://www.videolan.org/) works super well and can handle absolutely anything, I'd recommend trying it and/or some of the other suggestions here. Gom player is fine but just not at as good. I'm pretty sure that gomlab.com is the correct website if you do want gomplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read
Dec 21, 2010

e: o woops this thread is pretty old.

• Locked thread