Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

elf help book posted:

Can I still use Miitomo if I don't have friends?

Yes but trading dumb pics/Q&As is the only interesting part of the game and the only way to earn currency at a reasonable clip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Best Buy is doing "buy one, get one 20% off' on prepaid cards right now: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/offer/158810/pcmcat748301879773.c?id=pcmcat748301879773

Wamdoodle posted:

Holy poo poo what? Looks like I'm picking this up. Is there a repository for these programs?

#smilebasic and #petitcom on twitter, the SmileBASIC/Petit Computer 3 Miiverse pages, smilebasicsource.com are all decent resources.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 21, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't know poo poo about Family Dollar but they're doing 20% off eShop cards right now:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of March 24):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Directors Cut - €9.99 / £6.99
    Infinity Runner - €6.49 / £5.89
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Star Fox 64 (N64) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 21, standard price €9.99 / £8.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Super Mario Advance Special: buy any two eligible games, get the third free! - ends March 24
  • Super Mario Advance
  • Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
  • Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
    Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (Wii U eShop) - €4.89 / £4.29 until March 23
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (Wii U eShop) - €6.70 / £5.36 until March 31
    Ducktales Remastered (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.79 until March 31
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop) - €5.24 / £4.19 until March 31
    Nova-111 (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.79 until March 31
    OlliOlli (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.19 until March 31
    Pumped BMX + (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.19 until March 31
    Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.19 until March 31
    Ultratron (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.19 until March 31
    The Swapper (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.79 until March 31
    The Swindle (Wii U eShop) - €5.99 / £4.79 until March 31

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Hyrule Warriors Legends - €39.99 / £34.99 (includes 3DS menu theme and "Legends Character Pack" for Hyrule Warriors on Wii U)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors Legends: Legends of Hyrule Pack (season pass) - €14.99 / £13.49 for 3DS, €16.99 / £15.29 fr 3DS & Wii U
    New Style Boutique 2: Spring-Summer Styles Pack - free!
NEW 3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Donkey Kong Country (SNES) - €3.99 / £3.59 until March 31 if you own DC2 on New 3DS, standard price €7.99/ £7.19
    Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) - €3.99 / £3.59 until March 31 if you own DC on New 3DS, standard price €7.99/ £7.19
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    New 3DS SNES VC Promotion #3 - own either F-ZERO or Super Mario Kart, get the other for half off until March 24
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until March 31
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS eShop) - €17.99 / £14.99 until March 31
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - €11.24 / £8.99 until March 31
    Mutant Mudds (3DS eShop) - €4.49 / £4.04 until March 31
    OlliOlli (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.19 until March 31
    BIT.TRIP Saga (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.99 from March 24-31
    Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (3DS) - €11.99 / £11.99 from March 24-31
    Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 from March 24-31
    Hometown Story (3DS) - €7.49 / £7.49 from March 24-31
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (3DS) - €12.49 / £9.99 from March 24-31
    Johnny's Payday Panic (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.49 from March 24-31
    SADAME (3DS eShop) - €10.99 / £9.49 from March 24-31
    Jett Rockett 2: Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €6.70 / £5.70 from March 24-April 14

Buy Starfox, idiots!

The Hyrule Warriors Legends season pass includes 4 new adventure maps, 4 new characters, 2 new weapons and some other trinkets like fairy costumes; the original Wii U game will be getting some but not all of that content (the new characters/weapons) and you'll be able to buy it on Wii U without owning the 3DS version at a later date.

Shantae Risky's Revenge is a barely-altered port of the second Shantae game that originally released on DSiWare - they fixed the map and some of the checkpointing and added a new game+ style mode with a new costume but it's pretty much the same game. Pirate's Curse is better but it's still okay.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Mar 21, 2016

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
You sure that the Wii U version of Hyrule Warriors will be getting the maps as well? From what I understand, it'll only get the characters and the weapons and I don't recall anyone stating otherwise.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You're right, it's 3 of 4 packs they're getting and those packs are minus the adventure maps. I mixed it up because musou games are bad and I don't care.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You're right, it's 3 of 4 packs they're getting and those packs are minus the adventure maps. I mixed it up because musou games are bad of I style I personally don't particularly enjoy and I don't care.

Fixed that for you; musou games are not in any way objectively bad :)

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
PaletteSwappedNinja, if it takes as long for the EU version of SmileBASIC to come out as it did for Petit Computer's EU version, do you think the SmileBASIC community will still be, you know, existent? Has there even been any word of an EU version?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

BiggerJ posted:

PaletteSwappedNinja, if it takes as long for the EU version of SmileBASIC to come out as it did for Petit Computer's EU version, do you think the SmileBASIC community will still be, you know, existent? Has there even been any word of an EU version?

The international community will still exist, so you'll be guaranteed a certain amount of content regardless of how it does or doesn't sell in PAL-land.

They haven't directly mentioned it in a while but their last comment basically said, "we still plan on releasing in PAL-land but the last release cost us a shitload to translate and sold one-tenth of the number of copies it sold in NA, so it'll happen when it happens". The PR they sent out over GDC did mention a European translation but nothing beyond that, ie no word on if or when it'll be out elsewhere.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

BiggerJ posted:

At this point they're working on the 3.3 update and BIG which are both slated for "Spring", and the EU localization probably won't happen until after that, if it happens at all.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Buy Starfox, idiots!

I was gonna but ok

Do the N64 VC releases have the savestate stuff? It didn't on Wii.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Yes they do.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yes on WiiU they got states

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

You're right, it's 3 of 4 packs they're getting and those packs are minus the adventure maps. I mixed it up because musou games are bad and I don't care.

You're doing yourself a great disservice by not playing Hyrule Warriors. I don't know poo poo about poo poo about mosou games, but Hyrule Warriors is just plain fun. What's not to like about mowing down hordes of cannon fodder with flashy over-the-top special moves while striking silly poses?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Silver Falcon posted:

What's not to like about mowing down hordes of cannon fodder with flashy over-the-top special moves while striking silly poses?

That it gets really boring and repetitive really fast

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

less laughter posted:

That it gets really boring and repetitive really fast
Especially after 15 years of it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SelenicMartian posted:

I can't imagine what Musou series diehards must look like. I've really enjoyed Hyrule Warriors, but it's my first Musou game since Dynasty Warriors 4.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
E: double post am gud

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SelenicMartian posted:

If you've been playing Warriors games for 15 years I'm going to assume you enjoy them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SRM posted:

I can't imagine what Musou series diehards must look like. I've really enjoyed Hyrule Warriors, but it's my first Musou game since Dynasty Warriors 4.

I own pretty much every one made since DW7, the trick is not to force yourself to do everything in them, just do stuff with the characters you like until you get bored.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SRM posted:

I don't know if there are "Musou diehards" so much as people that like the new age brawlery gameplay and basic Musou formula + have an appreciation for Koei's weird historical drama interpretations of the sangoku/sengoku periods, or their take on whatever weird anime license they're working with this time. The nice thing about Musou is that if you are really into whichever particular iteration you're playing, they will gladly give you things to do for a million hours or until you get bored. I play most of them but I only get in super deep on one like that every couple of games.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

You're doing yourself a great disservice by not playing Hyrule Warriors. I don't know poo poo about poo poo about mosou games, but Hyrule Warriors is just plain fun. What's not to like about mowing down hordes of cannon fodder with flashy over-the-top special moves while striking silly poses?

That's literally what most musous are from my experience.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

SRM posted:

I feel like even for people that love the Dynasty Warriors series, you'd have to skip every other one or something. There's no way you couldn't burnout on a series that has probably close to 50 full releases, and that doesn't even include offshoots like Bladestorm and Crimson Sea.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I don't know poo poo about Family Dollar but they're doing 20% off eShop cards right now:

wtf is this Family Dollar, that's weird

I'm definitely buying some poo poo though

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah I think I'm gonna hit one up after work and pick up 100 bucks.

They're not weird about you having to use cash right? Can someone report in once they've gotten their stuff?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

wtf is this Family Dollar, that's weird

I'm definitely buying some poo poo though

It's a lovely convenience store. They're all over Western New York at least.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

codenameFANGIO posted:

It's a lovely convenience store. They're all over Western New York at least.

I wouldn't call it a convenience store. The stock goes past what you'd find at the typical 7-11 and they're generally a bit larger. The last time I was at a Family Dollar I was buying a roll of brown craft paper to wrap and mail a package. I think of them like the halfway step between convenience stores and big retail outlets like Wal-Mart.

The one in my hometown has a single copy of Thor for the DS that's been next to the register for almost a decade at this point.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

FanaticalMilk posted:

I feel like even for people that love the Dynasty Warriors series, you'd have to skip every other one or something. There's no way you couldn't burnout on a series that has probably close to 50 full releases, and that doesn't even include offshoots like Bladestorm and Crimson Sea.

Yeah, I definitely go every other one unless I hear that one I had planned to skip is absolutely amazing, relatively speaking.

I also don't get all the anime/side games, only ones that are from things that interest me and I've heard are good.

I very much enjoy the ones I do play, though. They're great.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I love Musou games, but you basically have to play them in relatively small doses and not try to 100% the mainstream ones, it'd take an insane amount of time.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FanaticalMilk posted:

Thing is there's only a few mainstream Dynasty Warriors games. We're only on like, what, 8? (Not counting the little expansion-offs, which is more of a fault with consoles design; although these days you could probably do DLC expansion upgrades instead)

I don't know anybody who plays every single musou offshoot. Like, you'd have to be a turbonerd to be into one piece AND zelda AND dynasty warriors AND samurai warriors AND Fist of the north star.

And the "legends of Troy" one was kinda like a quick cash-in discount game, pretty sure nobody actually played that one.

Plus handheld titles shouldn't count.
That's like saying "you'd have to skip every other age of empires or something" Just because there were lovely GBA ports of some of them.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Plus handheld titles shouldn't count.
That's like saying "you'd have to skip every other age of empires or something" Just because there were lovely GBA ports of some of them.

C'mon dude there's 4 AOE games, if you include Age of Mythology. Let's count the number of full musou-style games that Omega Force has developed:

Dynasty Warriors 1-8
Dynasty Warriors Empires 4-8
Samurai Warriors 1 through 4-II
Samurai Warriors Empires 2-4
Warriors Orochi 1-3
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 1-3 & Reborn
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce
One Piece Pirate Warriors 1-3
Fist of the North Star 1 & 2
Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2
Arslan: Warriors of Legend

36 games!!! That's a poo poo ton of games and content, and that doesn't even include other offshoots/similar series like Bladestorm, Crimson Sea, Kessen, Dynasty Tactics, Legend of Troy, etc.

Yeah, if you only count the mainline Dynasty Warriors games that's only 8, but, correct me if I'm wrong, most people consider all the musou games to be housed under one umbrella.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
DQH is different enough from Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi that it's noticeable. Same with Hyrule Warriors, to a lesser extent.

The Gundam Musou games are definitely mainstream Warriors games. Not sure about Arslan (I imagine it is) or the One Piece ones, though.

Really, when people say "the main Musou series" they mean Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's pretty lame that apparently Hyrule Warriors Wii U is only getting the new movesets and not the adventure maps or anything. What am I supposed to do with a shitload of new characters when none of the content is geared towards them? I really don't want to have to buy Legends for all the new stuff since that would mean starting from square one after the countless hours it took to level my characters and unlock high-end weapons.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Do you need a new 3ds to play Hyrule Warriors Legends?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Mr Snips posted:

Apparently the framerates are stifled almost to unplayability on anything but the n3ds. Bummed me out to cancel my preorder

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Mr Snips posted:

Pretty much since apparently it runs like rear end on the old 3DS. It does work but is not a very pleasant experience.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Ah that's a shame. The price of new 3ds' has barely dropped since they came out too so I'm not gonna spend that much just to play zelda dynasty warriors

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's essentially New 3DS only, but since it technically "runs" on an old 3DS, they didn't put the label on, which is pretty silly. :(

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Trade in prices are pretty decent right now, a couple Nintendo first party games and your O3DS should cover most of it. I got $40 in trade in for my 2DS at Gamestop, which is nice since it's right around 50% of what I paid for it new with Yoshi's Island included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Sarchasm posted:

I wouldn't call it a convenience store. The stock goes past what you'd find at the typical 7-11 and they're generally a bit larger. The last time I was at a Family Dollar I was buying a roll of brown craft paper to wrap and mail a package. I think of them like the halfway step between convenience stores and big retail outlets like Wal-Mart.

The one in my hometown has a single copy of Thor for the DS that's been next to the register for almost a decade at this point.

I'm pretty sure Family Dollar is the same style of store as Big Lots, Ollies, and Five Below as in they buy left over lots of items from stores that closed/bankrupted/couldn't sell the items and then resell them at a discount. IIRC Family Dollar gets a lot of stuff that didn't move in J.C. Penny's It's not a particularly wonderful chain at any rate but yes it is all over Western New York.

Anyone into the River City Ransom remake that got announced in Japan? I think it got brought up in the other 3ds thread but not here. I'm leaning more towards just getting the NES port over holding out hope for a western release.