Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

exquisite tea posted:

Warframe also totally sucks, however.

There's a good game in there somewhere, it's just that the UI and everything about the game is completely pants on head retarded and generally nothing makes much sense!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Xander77 posted:

Question about Underrail (should have asked it on the last page):

Someone mentioned that the combat is a lot simpler since you're controlling 1 guy rather than a party - does that mean that you're not even getting lovely Fallout style companions?

Yep, it's you by yourself the whole game, and you absolutely need to build your guy with being constantly outnumbered in mind.

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx
Jan 21, 2013

Speaking of F2P multiplayer, Dirty Bomb is actually cool and good if you're into class-based FPS or want to scratch that itch while waiting for Overwatch.

There was an intro pack in a Humble Bundle last month for 1$ with amazing value, and I missed it thinking it was for another poo poo FPS (if you're not doing anything with that key I'm willing to trade a game for it)

There's even an anime character for you loving weirdos

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If yall looking for more ME muti let me tell you about a small indie game by the name of Tom Clancy's The Division.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I'm thinking of getting a SteamLink. The question is, how well would it handle under something like a Powerline adapter? I know it's not well under wireless but aside from running cables around the apartment, I'm kind of stuck in that regard.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Far Cry Primal is mostly a ton of fun so far, been playing for a little over an hour.
It's prettier than I expected, videos definitely don't do it justice.

My biggest gripe is the lack of any type of dodge or block button, you're essentially forced to take hits if you engage in CQC cause from what I can tell... trying to jump out of the way of attacks doesn't do anything cause they're effectively locked on to you.

And the lack of a currency and an over abundance of resources means there's not really any tangible rewards for doing things!

Except for the cases where you expand your village, that's pretty nice.

Otherwise, actually pretty relaxing to play. I like just staying out of combat and watching everyone go about their business, there's a whole ecosystem at work that's pretty interesting to observe!

Deakul fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 21, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

SelenicMartian posted:

Nexus The Jupiter Incident got a patch.

ADDITIONS
• Added option to use the current desktop resolution. It’s the default.
• Enabled using modern monitor resolutions including Full HD.
• Added correct displaying of GUI elements, briefings and subtitles with
modern monitor aspect ratios: 16:9, 16:10, 21:9
• Added separate field-of-view setups for different monitor aspect ratios.
• Added VSync option. It’s on by default.
• All available text languages are selectable from the launcher.
• All available audio languages are selectable from the launcher.
• Added multiplayer NAT resolver to help connecting to Internet servers.
• Added accepting Steam invites for multiplayer game.

FIXES
• Removed obsolete DirectX 8 executable versions.
• Fixed disappearing of the loading animation in fullscreen mode under
modern OSs. Also dimming is applied to the GUI during loading.
• Fixed mouse cursor latency.
• Fixed lagging of NPC mission dialogs with the unpacked data files.
• Fixed the issue shortcuts stop working after switching tasks with Alt+Tab.

MODDING ADDITIONS
• Editor window size is configurable from mod_tools launcher.
• Configured window size is independent from the fullscreen game resolution.
• Nexus can be started in windowed mode from mod_tools launcher.
• Nexus can be started in windowed mode with the /win command line option.
• Mission Editor enables returning to main menu and load another mission.
• Mission and Solar System Editor enables editing main campaign’s missions.
• Published former developer tool Briefing Editor to ease altering main
campaign’s mission briefing scenes.
• Published former developer localization tool NexLoc to ease adding new
translations.
• Options saved to the user’s AppData folder instead of the registry.

MODDING FIXES
• Fixed Converter crash under under modern OSs.
• Editor windows startup arrangement changed, Quit buttons added.
• Editors warn about unsaved changes.
• Solar System Editor uses the usual solar system navigation GUI.

Wait who's updating it? I thought the devs were long gone.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Deakul posted:

There's a good game in there somewhere, it's just that the UI and everything about the game is completely pants on head retarded and generally nothing makes much sense!

It's very much got the stink of F2P bloat on it, like if you didn't get in on the game years ago then you'll almost never get the frame you want without farming for a hundred hours and gathering up all the sprawling crafting mats + currencies.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

Welp, my gamepad broke. How's the Steam controller? Is it good for games that have controller support too?

Steam controller feels pretty cheap to me. Although I only played with it for a little while, it is definitely not for everyone and will have an adjustment period. DS4 is nice but I kind of wish I had gotten an xbone controller for the native windows 10 support.

Irritated Goat posted:

I'm thinking of getting a SteamLink. The question is, how well would it handle under something like a Powerline adapter? I know it's not well under wireless but aside from running cables around the apartment, I'm kind of stuck in that regard.

a friend of mine streams about 20 feet through a couple of walls and a bathroom. it has a brief hitch every now and then but for the most part it is stable. I dont know If I would want to play online CSGO on it but for adventure games it is no problem. his desktop has a dedicated wireless card with an antenna attached

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Square's Easter Bundle 2016 Contents:

FINAL FANTASY VIII
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
Sleeping Dogs - Definitive Edition
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Quantum Conundrum

And two 20% discount vouchers for Just Cause 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Not bad for £5.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Palpek posted:

Now that I'm reading about it ME: A already lost the lead writer, the development director and just a couple of weeks ago one of the senior editors. This isn't something that normally happens to high-profile studios for no reason.

Mass Effect Andromeda is going to be the first game lead by Bioware Montreal (the studio that was lead on ME3 multiplayer actually), they're not really that established. And so many studios are in Montreal at this point that I'm not surprised it's completely incestuous.

I think Bioware is going to be fine, but I'm one of the few that enjoyed DA: Inquisition for what it was (helped no doubt because Pillars of Eternity filled in the Baldur's Gate sized hole in my heart), and am still interested in their new IP. Apparently a bioware dev was walking around GDC with the new IP plastered on his T-shirt and nobody noticed or cared. So I'd expect an announcement at EA's counter E3 event or sooner.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

It's very much got the stink of F2P bloat on it, like if you didn't get in on the game years ago then you'll almost never get the frame you want without farming for a hundred hours and gathering up all the sprawling crafting mats + currencies.

It's a fine game and the grind is minimized (and really, just plain fun 'shooting dudes with overpowered and hilarious weapons and skills') if you play with a group and have a decent guild with a leveled guild hall dealy.

Getting a great frame and a great weapon and a good to great set of mods takes no significant time with some friends helping.

Solo it's poo poo though.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Irritated Goat posted:

Haven't had any problems with using the steamlink wirelessly.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

New DOOM has no classic deathmatch or CTF. It has team deathmatch and a few other modes

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/doom-multiplayer-modes-revealed/2016/03/21/92

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
So it's going to be about as much Doom as Fallout 3 was Fallout.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Quest For Glory II posted:

New DOOM has no classic deathmatch or CTF. It has team deathmatch and a few other modes

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/doom-multiplayer-modes-revealed/2016/03/21/92

The multiplayer is going to be dead after a month who cares

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Welp, my gamepad broke. How's the Steam controller? Is it good for games that have controller support too?

It's well made, and I find it more comfortable to hold than a 360 pad. It's real shining moment is for games that either have lovely controller support, or don't require use of a right stick that much. It takes some getting used to no matter what, but so far, I find the lack of a right stick to be it's only downfall for games that have native support. If I was going to buy again, it'd be Steam controller though. The grip buttons and infinite customization are really great.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

iGestalt posted:

Square's Easter Bundle 2016 Contents:

FINAL FANTASY VIII
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
Sleeping Dogs - Definitive Edition
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Quantum Conundrum

And two 20% discount vouchers for Just Cause 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Not bad for £5.

Wow, i guess they finally ran out of keys for episode 1 of Life Is Strange.

Anyway, glad i didn't buy the bundle, the only games there i don't have are XIII-2 and Sleeping Dogs DE (though i have the regular edition of that anyway)

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Freak Futanari posted:

Wow, i guess they finally ran out of keys for episode 1 of Life Is Strange.

Anyway, glad i didn't buy the bundle, the only games there i don't have are XIII-2 and Sleeping Dogs DE (though i have the regular edition of that anyway)

You had Quantum Conundrum? I've never even heard of that game.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Stall_19 posted:

Actually i looked at my library and i got it confused with other games with Quantum in the title so i don't have it after all, false alarm. It never looked interesting anyway though

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Freak Futanari posted:

Actually i looked at my library and i got it confused with other games with Quantum in the title so i don't have it after all, false alarm. It never looked interesting anyway though
I enjoyed the bro team review at least

That's a pretty good bundle anyway.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed is out, but at 30 bucks, I'll pass until a sale. Was hoping for a discount to knock it under :20bux:. I might have hopped on it then. :sigh:

Edit: The discount wasn't there when I posted about it. But it's there now.

Morter fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 21, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Quantum Conundrum was a smaller game with no marketing budget but when it came out people were actually talking about it as it was a new game from one of the creators of Portal.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Morter posted:

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed is out, but at 30 bucks, I'll pass until a sale. Was hoping for a sale to knock it under :20bux:. I might have hopped on it then. :sigh:

Says there's a Special Promotion until the 28th at 40% off for me, which brings it to US$17.99

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Morter posted:

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed is out, but at 30 bucks, I'll pass until a sale. Was hoping for a sale to knock it under :20bux:. I might have hopped on it then. :sigh:

It's 40% off :getin:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Fawf posted:

It's 40% off :getin:

gently caress. When I posted it, it wasn't. poo poo! gently caress

*buys it*

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Stall_19 posted:

It was in a humble bundle a long time ago

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Morter posted:

gently caress. When I posted it, it wasn't. poo poo! gently caress

*buys it*

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The game looks pretty good.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

You get "Hard" versions of the costumes before long and never see it again.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Dehry posted:

You get "Hard"

I bet you do

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
This game is harsh and pulls no punches.

:negative:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Do you like Hidden object games???

Then BundleStars has a bundle for you: https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/cryptic-bundle-4

Lots of HOGs that haven't been bundled before. Not Artifex Mundi but they still look ok.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

The ladies had meta-commentary about that very feature.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
doing a lovely thing and then having your characters poke fun at it is the single most miserable thing you can do as a game designer

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

HMS Boromir posted:

doing a lovely thing and then having your characters poke fun at it is the single most miserable thing you can do as a game designer

I don't see any lovely things being done though

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Morter posted:

The ladies had meta-commentary about that very feature.

HMS Boromir posted:

I wonder what the untranslated line says.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Alright, prudes, get it all out of your systems so when Senran Kagura shows up, you won't have anything to complain about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

• Locked thread