Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Club men deliberations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

JakeP posted:

If anything, the people who are reluctant to vote BK now are probably the scum being self concious as to how they come across voting the SK instead of scum hunting. Its really a no brainer though, lynch the claimed SK, then jimson

I agree with JakeP. A rare thing in a mafia game :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It sure is funny that several people have said we shouldn't turbo BK and have some discussion, but now the thread is eerily quiet.

I won't be sad to see BK lynched, but I'm also intrigued by the idea of using him as a loaded weapon to point at scum. The problem is that we would still have to lynch him tomorrow if he doesn't hit scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

It sure is funny that several people have said we shouldn't turbo BK and have some discussion, but now the thread is eerily quiet.

I won't be sad to see BK lynched, but I'm also intrigued by the idea of using him as a loaded weapon to point at scum. The problem is that we would still have to lynch him tomorrow if he doesn't hit scum.

In order for that loaded weapon to work, you need to be sure you're pointing it at scum. Otherwise it's just a way for scum to encourage town to make hastier decisions with less information.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

TMMadman posted:

The way I look at it is this. There's no guarantee he is going to do anything we tell him. Who's to say he's not going to immediately turn around and take out who ever is most likely town because hia wincon us pretty much tanked. The only incentive he has to helping us is just staying in the game one more day before we do finally drop the hammer.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Just gonna put it out there - since we're at the point where BK is voting himself I don't see what deep conversations we're having now that aren't going to be more productive on D3 when there's another round of night actions to analyze.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One home. About to r
Write out an important post in the next dozen minutes.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I see no reason to lynch him now over giving us the maximum amount of time for everyone to check in and give their 2 cents. It's the middle of the day in the US

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As I arrived home to my apartment, I heard the grunts of a large duck in heat. As a parked my car, I could only watch as this large duck pinned down the other duck in what I could only see as a violent duck rape. Real men get consent.

The Club Men Deliberations have Finished!

INTRODUCING CLUB MEN'S NEWEST MEMBER!

Current Roster:

imgay
jakep
King Burgundy
Lumpen

This was debated greatly by our members. Although both jimson and bk have submitted applications, we at club men have decided to condemn their actions and words and offer them our heartfelt rejection. The reason Lumpen was selected was because jakep nominated him.

##vote bk

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh god! BottleKnight is hammered!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I won't be around to post flavor and the next choice until late tonight. I will post it when I can.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

In order for that loaded weapon to work, you need to be sure you're pointing it at scum. Otherwise it's just a way for scum to encourage town to make hastier decisions with less information.

I've actually been thinking about this because I thought it was an issue too. However, I came to the conclusion that it's not a problem because the threat of a known SK should be enough to force the scum team to deal with BK during the night.

Right now, there are 15 alive and I'm assuming 4 scum. I assume that because we have 2 admitted 3Ps, so I don't think it's a 5 man scum team but a 3 man one is still possible. Anyway, we have 14 possible targets for BK and that gives BK a 28.5% chance of targeting scum. However, we can remove some people from his target list like you for example. And that raises his chances higher. If we can remove a few more people from the target list, BKs odds of hitting scum keep going up. If we narrow the possible kill list down to 10 people then BK has a 40% chance of hitting scum provided they are all on the list which is obviously a challenge.

At this most I'm mostly just talking theoretically because it's more interesting than twiddling my thumbs. But I still think it's not the worst thing in the world to consider lynching someone other than BK today.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And that's what I get for phone posting.

My post is all for naught! :negative:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I've actually been thinking about this because I thought it was an issue too. However, I came to the conclusion that it's not a problem because the threat of a known SK should be enough to force the scum team to deal with BK during the night.

Right now, there are 15 alive and I'm assuming 4 scum. I assume that because we have 2 admitted 3Ps, so I don't think it's a 5 man scum team but a 3 man one is still possible. Anyway, we have 14 possible targets for BK and that gives BK a 28.5% chance of targeting scum. However, we can remove some people from his target list like you for example. And that raises his chances higher. If we can remove a few more people from the target list, BKs odds of hitting scum keep going up. If we narrow the possible kill list down to 10 people then BK has a 40% chance of hitting scum provided they are all on the list which is obviously a challenge.

At this most I'm mostly just talking theoretically because it's more interesting than twiddling my thumbs. But I still think it's not the worst thing in the world to consider lynching someone other than BK today.

If the momentum starts swinging towards a scum lynch, there will be some action taken to divert the vote away from them. To me, that changes the math beyond a simple stats equation.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
the gently caress

imgay posted:

##vote bk

#LynchAllMen

fav and rt if ur down

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

And that's what I get for phone posting.

My post is all for naught! :negative:

I thought it was interesting regardless :wotwot:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Oh hah in retrospect I missed the point you were making :eng99: :350:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Barehanded Brother posted:

#LynchAllMen

fav and rt if ur down

The girls alliance lives!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

TMMadman posted:

15 alive and I'm assuming 4 scum. I rear end have 2 admitted 3Ps, so I do 5 man scum but a 3 man one have 14 possible targets for BK and that gives BK a 28.5% chance down to 10 people then BK has a 40% chance
Sevenths!

Lumpen fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 21, 2016

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

Sevenths!

Please accept your invitation to club men

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

imgay posted:

Please accept your invitation to club men

Yeah duh am man.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Rarity posted:

The girls alliance lives!

:j::respek::j::hf::j:

Although to be fair I'm willing to honor truces with anyone who wants to offer them to me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpen posted:

Sevenths!

What does this mean and why was it edited?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

TMMadman posted:

What does this mean and why was it edited?
Edit quote, so what.

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Sevenths

Joke is you are dumb.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Can we also look at the subtle way in which Jimson is disengaging himself from taking responsibility for the BK cuddle, just in case something goes weird and we somehow miscuddle town? He's not a PART of the cuddle, BK is just being sent home. I think this is a strong indicator of Jimson's mindset, what an awkward, scummy way to phrase this.

I also use the being sent home terminology, in addition to cuddling and voted out.

You are twisting things badly for your own ends, imho.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Khris Kruel posted:

no we get more time because you're dead and there's not two night kills.

Keeping you in the game gives us less time to find scum, evidenced by you killing a townie last night.

You're way more likely to kill townies and be manipulated by scum to kill townies than to actually kill scum

I agree with this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

Bks image was manlier, what is manlier than eating a raw steak with no silverware? Unfortunately he is claimed SK and is going to be lynched. At the same time Jimson is probably scum. I think both of them sully our rep. My plan would be to decline both of them and enhance our pursuits of Lumpen

DO NOT READ IF NOT CLUB MEN OR YOU ARE CHEATING AND WILL BE MODKILLED

Yeah, this works.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

All caught up and I realise there's a few players who haven't even posted yet so I'm gonna hold off on voting to avoid modkills. Hopefully TM and KB check in soon cause I don't think we're going to get much more discussion out of the day.

Hmmm. Could have sworn I posted during this day phase, but maybe it was mostly during the night. Don't have time to go back and look now, but I'll take your word for it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

imgay posted:

As I arrived home to my apartment, I heard the grunts of a large duck in heat. As a parked my car, I could only watch as this large duck pinned down the other duck in what I could only see as a violent duck rape. Real men get consent.

The Club Men Deliberations have Finished!

INTRODUCING CLUB MEN'S NEWEST MEMBER!

Current Roster:

imgay
jakep
King Burgundy
Lumpen

This was debated greatly by our members. Although both jimson and bk have submitted applications, we at club men have decided to condemn their actions and words and offer them our heartfelt rejection. The reason Lumpen was selected was because jakep nominated him.

##vote bk

You didn't wait for my vote. Epic fail.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm. Could have sworn I posted during this day phase, but maybe it was mostly during the night. Don't have time to go back and look now, but I'll take your word for it.

I might have been wrong, I confess I didn't fact check that one :P

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

I might have been wrong, I confess I didn't fact check that one :P

Nope, turns out you were right. Only one post during the actual day.

Not that it matters now since day ended early.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The beauty of the men club is that our brotherhood is so tight that we don't always have to use words.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

The beauty of the men club is that our buttholes are so tight that we always have to use lube.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

what are the benefits of the man club? Since I am all ready a man, I do not think your manliness will help me much

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look at these 2 meek boys mocking our brotherhood.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Khris Kruel posted:

what are the benefits of the man club? Since I am all ready a man, I do not think your manliness will help me much

Do you have a club?

Also if you're okay with being led by Noted Scum "imgay", then it's for you.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Barehanded Brother posted:

Do you have a club?

Also if you're okay with being led by Noted Scum "imgay", then it's for you.

hmmmm

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

Things imgay has done so far this game:

1. Advocated orphan murder/consumption
2. Formed a club for men
3. Defended jokephase
4. Voted for Lurker Asiina
5. Hammered SK BK
5a. Justified it by saying "never no-lynch" :rolleyes:
6. Made a helpful comment about Kashuno's modkill policies

Number of posts made by imgay so far this game: 56

Things imgay has not done so far this game:

1. Actually hunt scum

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary for imgay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Madman why are you talking to yourself?

• Locked thread