Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest candidate for first round exit?
This poll is closed.
Kentucky 3 3.80%
Duke 16 20.25%
Gonzaga, it's always Gonzaga 11 13.92%
Iowa 24 30.38%
Indiana 12 15.19%
Wofford, you loving idiot 13 16.46%
Total: 79 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

kiimo posted:

Welcome to the Big 12, Dixon, you're making this a better conference. Get used to this though.

Picked a photo of a senior, man, seriously.

No Bragg love, so much hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Are you somehow under the impression that Selden is a senior?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wow. Wonder what that's about.

Ross Angeles posted:

drat.

Bye yellow sweater man

Gonna miss that lovely yellow sweater. :(

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

C. Everett Koop posted:

He's an alum, and it's probably a case of beating the mob out of town, i.e. putting a Haith.

It was mutual I am hearing, but its lol that Pitt has fallen so far and also :rip: Jamie Dixon

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
The even better news for WVU fans is one of the big reason we stopped playing Pitt in absketball after the move was, wait for it, Jamie Dixon

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

kiimo posted:

Are you somehow under the impression that Selden is a senior?

shut up

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Who the hell do Pitt fans think they're going to get that will be consistently more successful than Dixon has been?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^ Sean Miller, who will turn them down.

He's a junior, it says so right on his jersey.

:D

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Selden seems like he's been around forever because a lot of people expected him to be one and done and he didn't play up to it. I remember before their freshman years people trying to look smart were loudly insisting that he was actually better than Wiggins.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Selden has been really inconsistent and also had some injuries including a meniscus. He can fly and he can shoot but he doesn't have the quickness to be an NBA shooting guard and he's too short to be a 3.

He has "overseas" written all over him.

Whereas if I was describing Wiggins' athleticism the best word would probably be "Olympic", considering his talent and his bloodline.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Doug Gottlieb getting hired to coach anything, much less an actual decent program, would be the most hilarious thing.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

elentar posted:

Who the hell do Pitt fans think they're going to get that will be consistently more successful than Dixon has been?

I have no idea. It's a grim place for that program.

Their wishlist is Sean Miller or Archie, but I don't think either is happening. Willard at Seton Hall is a Pitt alum so I guess that's the most likely big name.

After that it's an assortment of mid-major coaches so you might as well put a name in a hat and pull it out.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 21, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Okay I got it, Dixon goes to TCU, Sean Miller goes to Pitt, Gregg Marshall goes to Arizona, Doug Gottlieb takes over Wichita State, promptly bitches that KU and OSU won't play him. It's perfect.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I should be excited about Gottlieb getting the gently caress off my TV, but he'll just get fired in 2 years and go back to CBS anyway.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

Okay I got it, Dixon goes to TCU, Sean Miller goes to Pitt, Gregg Marshall goes to Arizona, Doug Gottlieb takes over Wichita State, promptly bitches that KU and OSU won't play him. It's perfect.

Pitt isn't going to shell out the money needed to pry Sean Miller away from Arizona.

Speaking of delusions, Pitt's SB Nation site offered up this burning take:

quote:

Andy Enfield - Remember Dunk City? Well here is the mastermind. Enfield coached one of the more memorable Cinderella stories ever with the 2013 Florida Gulf Coast team that made the Sweet 16. He has since taken the USC job and in three years took them from a 14-18 team to a team that made the tournament in his third season.

So would Enfield come here? Possibly. Enfield is a Shippensburg, Pennsylvania native, so if there would be any reason to come to Pitt - it would be the connection to his home state. Although he lives in Los Angeles right now, so a Northeast winter may not be something misses at all. An intriguing name nonetheless.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 21, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah I think Archie Miller leaving Dayton is more likely.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

Yeah I think Archie Miller leaving Dayton is more likely.

And I don't think that's particularly likely either.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Probably Magic posted:

The absolute moral of the first two rounds, between teams giving up long inbound passes for layups that seal the deal to that UNI debacle is, Defend the loving inbound.

As a Kentucky fan I cannot stress this enough.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ben Jacobsen would be interesting for Pitt. Pitt is a step up from Northern Iowa. Jerod Haase is interesting as well.

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis

kiimo posted:

Ben Jacobsen would be interesting for Pitt. Pitt is a step up from Northern Iowa. Jerod Haase is interesting as well.

What about Underwood?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
In women's tourney news, Washington is headed to the Sweet 16 for the first time since 2001 :unsmith:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

tau posted:

What about Underwood?

https://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS/status/712073412957618176

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis

drat. All my KState homies are gonna be pissed.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Good for him, and good for OSU. He has been killing it at SFA since day one.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

At least UNLV is making Cincinnati fans go crazy

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I have no idea. It's a grim place for that program.

Their wishlist is Sean Miller or Archie, but I don't think either is happening. Willard at Seton Hall is a Pitt alum so I guess that's the most likely big name.

After that it's an assortment of mid-major coaches so you might as well put a name in a hat and pull it out.
The triumphant return of Ben Howland?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

Ben Jacobsen would be interesting for Pitt. Pitt is a step up from Northern Iowa.

UNI's athletic department is kind of a mess in every respect except on the field/court success too, unfortunately. But he's stuck around way longer than I figure he would so who knows. That would be a big leap to pass up

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Big 12 just got better, or the Big 12 just got more overrated, depending on what fanbase you're talking to.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Lessail posted:

At least UNLV is making Cincinnati fans go crazy

I figure he's just using us as leverage, but would Cronin be a good hire? I just want this to be over :negative:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

loving hell, so what it's just K-State now as the only Big 12 school with a bad coach?

The sad thing is that someone has to fail because there's no way all these coaches stick around when everyone goes 8-8 in conference.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you’re into schadenfreude search @john_currie on twitter for the K-State meltdown.

Eric Rubottom
‏@TheBigE_BOTC

If there's one thing being a business owner has taught me - HOPE IS NOT A STRATEGY. What's your strategy, @John_Currie? It's not apparent.

To be clear, I'm not delighting in their misery, the fans know what's up it's K-State's leadership that just hosed themselves.

edit:

kiimo fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 22, 2016

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Lessail posted:

I figure he's just using us as leverage, but would Cronin be a good hire? I just want this to be over :negative:

Cronin is kind of a dick, but he's a good coach.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

And an otherwise good season by the Cocks comes to a horrific end thanks to Georgia Tech. Missing five (FIVE) players and the disappointment of the NIT was just too much to overcome, I guess. I'm still pleased with where we are developmentally, but if we lose all five of those suspended players, we could suffer a 2-3 year setback. Never a dull moment when you follow SC basketball! :suicide:

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Actually, isn't it a lot of dull moments more or less?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

RumbleFish posted:

And an otherwise good season by the Cocks comes to a horrific end thanks to Georgia Tech. Missing five (FIVE) players and the disappointment of the NIT was just too much to overcome, I guess. I'm still pleased with where we are developmentally, but if we lose all five of those suspended players, we could suffer a 2-3 year setback. Never a dull moment when you follow SC basketball! :suicide:

I see you're new to Frank's style of coaching.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Cronin to UNLV would be a downward move

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

vikingstrike posted:

Actually, isn't it a lot of dull moments more or less?

"Dull" would be almost a relief, honestly. It's been nothing but a steadily increasing inferno for the past seven or so years (this season excepted, though this finish has potential to dump a fresh round of accelerant on the embers).

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

gently caress John Currie gently caress Bruce Weber

Hot Takes By MateyTM

• Locked thread