Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Twisted Fate is cool and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Alris posted:

What is Quinn's weakness in top lane? If you're a close range melee champion and someone picks Quinn into you what is the correct course of action?

semi-serious joke answer: Taric Top. Max Q first, rush Icebourne Gauntlet. Once you finish Gauntlet you can kill her rear end at will because she will be doing no damage through your self heal spamming and run out of mana faster than you. the weakness of course comes from being motherfucking solo lane taric but it's worth the quinn tears imo

real answer: Malphite dicks on her hard. You can just rush armor and delete her at level 6 if she keeps trying to fight you. Graves top is probably doable vs. Quinn but a skill matchup. Someone suggested Rammus which once you get your first item will probably make you invincible against her.

best real answer: Lissandra and Morgana top are both strong in that they give 0 shits about her lovely harassing gimmick and can outpush her and pressure her extremely hard at level 6. also pretty strong picks against dives once they hit 6. also provide fantastic TP ganks to bottom lane and have a ton of CC to stop her from doing poo poo in fights. if your jungler ganks for your lane and you picked one of these two champions then Quinn turns into a walking sack of 300 gold.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 21, 2016

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Tired Moritz posted:

How is Soraka now? I expect a 1 page debate on this topic.

Joke Answer: A Jungler

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Alris posted:

What is Quinn's weakness in top lane? If you're a close range melee champion and someone picks Quinn into you what is the correct course of action?

Pick panth

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

How Rude posted:

semi-serious joke answer: Taric Top. Max Q first, rush Icebourne Gauntlet. Once you finish Gauntlet you can kill her rear end at will because she will be doing no damage through your self heal spamming and run out of mana faster than you. the weakness of course comes from being motherfucking solo lane taric but it's worth the quinn tears imo

real answer: Malphite dicks on her hard. You can just rush armor and delete her at level 6 if she keeps trying to fight you. Graves top is probably doable vs. Quinn but a skill matchup. Someone suggested Rammus which once you get your first item will probably make you invincible against her.

best real answer: Lissandra and Morgana top are both strong in that they give 0 shits about her lovely harassing gimmick and can outpush her and pressure her extremely hard at level 6. also pretty strong picks against dives once they hit 6. also provide fantastic TP ganks to bottom lane and have a ton of CC to stop her from doing poo poo in fights. if your jungler ganks for your lane and you picked one of these two champions then Quinn turns into a walking sack of 300 gold.

Instead of this pick panth

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
5 man skype games are fun as gently caress

Except when you're the only hyphy player on your skype call and the rest of the guys in it are a bunch of emotionless weed smoking high school kids

Which I just experienced

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Hollering memes at each other while you stomp is the only true way to play this gane

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

AHH FUGH posted:

5 man skype games are fun as gently caress

Except when you're the only hyphy player on your skype call and the rest of the guys in it are a bunch of emotionless weed smoking high school kids

Which I just experienced

add me

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Darth Windu posted:

Instead of this pick panth

The Gowb speaks truth

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
How 2 play anivia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5rIFffH8kg

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
You have inspired me to try Anivia tonight, Meth.

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery
I learned about rubik cubes, new york accents and an alcohol related syndrome that only affects asians.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Peakay posted:

I learned about rubik cubes, new york accents and an alcohol related syndrome that only affects asians.

My favourite part was when Meth died at the end.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I think taking a break from LoL to play SFV has been real good for my group. We've only played twice in the past week, but both games were super pleasant crushing victories compared to the old passive-aggressive saltfests from before our break.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

rabidsquid posted:

I am torn on the most solo queue possible mid laner. There are a lot of good options. Is it Zed? Yasuo? Leblanc is way worse than those two but getting a mid Yasuo on your all ad Riven/Yi/Vayne team is always classic. Zed has a really high win rate now though so does that disqualify him?

I think Riven/Yi/Vayne/Blitz are all the undisputed solo queue champs of their respective roles.

Yesterday, I had the following team in Ranked Bronze II:

Master Yi jungle (me)
Lucian (ADC)
Shyvana (Top)
Yasuo (Mid) (Who went 1/12/6 by the way, as a good Yasuo should)

And the absolute best, icing on the cake kicker?

Lee Sin support (2/9/8)

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

SlyFrog posted:

Yesterday, I had the following team in Ranked Bronze II:

Master Yi jungle (me)
Lucian (ADC)
Shyvana (Top)
Yasuo (Mid) (Who went 1/12/6 by the way, as a good Yasuo should)

And the absolute best, icing on the cake kicker?

Lee Sin support (2/9/8)

If I had last pick as jungle or top I'd get a massive boner as I lock in Rammus.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

lucifirius posted:

If I had last pick as jungle or top I'd get a massive boner as I lock in Rammus.

Or Taric support

Lol who am I kidding I've been playing a ton of Taric into teams with only 2 or 3 AD threats, still rules.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

lucifirius posted:

You will be amazed to learn that the other team was:

Janna
Ezreal
Zed
Jax
and, wait for it, Rammus

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Elentor posted:

I think he's talking about Path of Exile.

Oops.

On another note, the buffs to gragas have put him on my ban list, seems 3 or 4 of the bans lately are tanks like malphite naut and gragas.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
How do you safely ward against a pick comp? Just fought a Quinn/Eve team as Soraka and it felt like if we ever lost map pressure it was lost for good unless they showed themselves in lanes, because stepping foot into the jungle alone meant I was going to get my teeth kicked in.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If you've lost jungle control it's not safe to ward against any kind of comp, not just a pick comp. You have to set up the line of vision by warding from the safest possible location and slowly working your way further out with vision.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

How do you safely ward against a pick comp? Just fought a Quinn/Eve team as Soraka and it felt like if we ever lost map pressure it was lost for good unless they showed themselves in lanes, because stepping foot into the jungle alone meant I was going to get my teeth kicked in.

If the enemy team is a pick comp then presumably you are a better team fighting comp and if not you are in trouble. Move in tandem or triples and try to group to secure the areas of vision required around objectives. No one can hero ball or face check or you will inevitably start a 1by1 wipe of your team. Make the pick comp come out of the jungle to do stuff like defend towers or dragon and see if they have the mettle to handle you in an open fight. Get vision in groups before or after that and try to do more safe team fights.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Servaetes posted:

The Gowb speaks truth

this will work until Riot decides he's too strong eventually and dumpster his numbers (again)

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

How Rude posted:

this will work until Riot decides he's too strong eventually and dumpster his numbers (again)

Yeah I think he rising so it'll be sooner or later :(

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Schiavona posted:

Or Taric support

Lol who am I kidding I've been playing a ton of Taric into teams with only 2 or 3 AD threats, still rules.

Taric, Malph, and Rammus would poo poo all over a full AD team, too bad it's unlikely you'd ever get that.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Spooky Ghosts

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

How Rude posted:

quinn can completely zone both morg and lissandra. you're right, that once they hit 6 they can translate that into being useful, but quinn straight up out damages lissandra at a similar range

if you make a pick to rely on your jungler, at least do it with malphite or nasus or something

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it's really easy to counter talon now because frost queens claim will light him up during ult with no effort

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
http://i.imgur.com/CkFvaA7.jpg

I love me some Taric. I may have stolen first blood with my W. :gizz:

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Thankyou all for your responses, I truly appreciate the effort that went into them, but advice on who to pick into Quinn is difficult to take on when Quinn is the one being picked into you.

Also thankyou Nyandaber Z, I shall take your words to heart and hopefully dominate stupid ranged bird champions in the top lane.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Alris posted:

Thankyou all for your responses, I truly appreciate the effort that went into them, but advice on who to pick into Quinn is difficult to take on when Quinn is the one being picked into you.

Also thankyou Nyandaber Z, I shall take your words to heart and hopefully dominate stupid ranged bird champions in the top lane.

the point is, 'pick quinn' is legit advice against most melee top laners, so nobody can really tell you how to do well in a lane thats hard from the get-go other than "get cs and dont die"

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today I once again baited the non-believers with my stupid Tank builds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep6hPq350S0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWKMRRS0oRY

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
So with the potential Sion legendary skin thing - has anyone played him in the jungle lately? I know cinderhulk ain't what it used to be, but with SotA being the go-to jungle keystone and titanic hydra being a thing it can't be that awful, can it?

Something like Cinderhulk>merc treads>titanic>randuins/banshee's/warmog's could get you to the 6K health dream.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
when is naut going to get dumpstered, jesus

even when they feed you still can't touch them

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Your statement contradicts itself

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Also apparently aurelien sol is the result of totalbiscuit getting the design a champion referral tier way back in the day
http://akwa.wish.org/wishes/wish-stories/wish-to-go/sam-riotgames

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Luna Was Here posted:

Your statement contradicts itself

i mean they go like 0/3 early game but it doesn't matter mid to late because they are nautilus and tanks get to ignore laning phase unlike every other class in this game

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Yay I like mecha skins and I like Sion :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I'm curious: has anyone had a key fragment drop in ARAM or 3's? Riot says they can (https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/207884233-Hextech-Crafting-Guide) but I and everyone I play with hasn't seen any from either mode so I say Riot is full of poo poo

• Locked thread