Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
How have there not been set leaks or photos for who he brings back? Were the scenes shot indoors?

Stoneheart is a good comedy option because if Arya ends up back in the Riverlands then it sets up a much better story than Cleganebowl will ever be.

unlimited shrimp fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Would it make any sense to introduce Lady Stoneheart with only one season to go? I can't see that working out at all, especially considering that the end of the season is going to be the start of the Ice Zombie apocalypse and who is going to give a gently caress that some character noone cared about, and has literally nothing to do with the plot, is now alive again.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I'll say it once and for all - I hated Lady Stoneheart in the book and am really glad she is not in the show. Stupid zombie revenge mechanism. I love watching Freys die, however.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Lady Stoneheart would be a totally ridiculous jump the shark moment at this point so I wouldn't put it past these writers.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I'm pretty sure the show can't jump the shark because it's already jumped it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Stoneheart works in the MASSIVE books because it's just another ~~MAGIC IS BACK~~ microcosm.

In the show, it's neither tits nor Arya nor Jon nor Cersei nor Dany, so really no one will ever give a poo poo. The show already feels like it's winding down, and at this point there's so much fat trimmed off that stapling that gristly lump on seems like a huge mistake.

I hate to say it, but I doubt we'll get Wyman Manderly, which makes the show 3/3 on omitting the best characters.

So Stoneheart has zero chance of showing up.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Stoneheart works in the MASSIVE books because it's just another ~~MAGIC IS BACK~~ microcosm.

In the show, it's neither tits nor Arya nor Jon nor Cersei nor Dany, so really no one will ever give a poo poo. The show already feels like it's winding down, and at this point there's so much fat trimmed off that stapling that gristly lump on seems like a huge mistake.

I hate to say it, but I doubt we'll get Wyman Manderly, which makes the show 3/3 on omitting the best characters.

So Stoneheart has zero chance of showing up.

Who're your other two best characters? I'm not assuming stoneheart was one of them.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
When is the last time the show mentioned the brotherhood without banners?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Krinkle posted:

Who're your other two best characters? I'm not assuming stoneheart was one of them.

strong belwas

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

When is the last time the show mentioned the brotherhood without banners?

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

they already cut the best part from the books so it can only get worse imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
^^^ lmbo

jsoh posted:

strong belwas

Strong Belwas was by far the best character in the books. By a huge margin.

Second was Medieval Standup Comic Tormund Giantsbane. The show version was a diplomat that was kind of a nice guy.

Third is Wyman Manderly. Dude just plain loving owned.

And shoutouts to Book Yara, Victarion, Dorkstar, Book Areo Hotah, Flashback Rhaegar, Jon Con, the Yellow Whale, Ramsey's Bitches, Book Blackfish, Ser Pounce, and Pretty Pig.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Haven't been here in 8600 posts... Is the loving book out yet god damnit

edit: lol and I still have the 7th most posts in this thread

bigmcgaffney fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 22, 2016

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
oh are we talking about cool peeps cut from the show?? Because my boy ~Darkstar-sama~ takes that loving cake

Edit: oh you said Dorkstar which is a bit disparaging but I'll take it

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Wyman is supposedly in S6, but it'll apparently be a relatively small part.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Lycus posted:

Wyman is supposedly in S6, but it'll apparently be a relatively small part.

If they don't have the fattest man ever eating Frey pies this whole goddamn thing is for naught.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bigmcgaffney posted:

Haven't been here in 8600 posts... Is the loving book out yet god damnit

edit: lol and I still have the 7th most posts in this thread

lmao, b_o_t and I have a commanding lead, and I was banned for 16 months.

I really should get around to killing myself.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

^^^ lmbo

Strong Belwas was by far the best character in the books. By a huge margin.

Second was Medieval Standup Comic Tormund Giantsbane. The show version was a diplomat that was kind of a nice guy.

Third is Wyman Manderly. Dude just plain loving owned.

And shoutouts to Book Yara, Victarion, Dorkstar, Book Areo Hotah, Flashback Rhaegar, Jon Con, the Yellow Whale, Ramsey's Bitches, Book Blackfish, Ser Pounce, and Pretty Pig.

Nimble Dick Crabb should be on that list.

EDIT: oh god, i made the top posters list. well gently caress.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'm pretty sure the show can't jump the shark because it's already jumped it.

the kraken

the one that put senór greyjoy in the water

they'll recap that while they show us all the snow spiders and such and then we'll all collectively groan

since last season didn't give us enough collective groans

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

lmao, b_o_t and I have a commanding lead, and I was banned for 16 months.

I really should get around to killing myself.

Procrastination is one of the main themes of this thread after all

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Blind Sally posted:

Nimble Dick Crabb should be on that list.

EDIT: oh god, i made the top posters list. well gently caress.
yeah that's a black mark on my posting crystal

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can't believe they cut Stannis in the show.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

If they don't have the fattest man ever eating Frey pies this whole goddamn thing is for naught.

I want him to be played by the indomitable character actor Ian McNeice

True Roman Bread, for True Romans!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Ian McNiece is my dream cast for Wyman, but only if they make it a big role.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
I'd like Brian Blessed.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
The best and most intriguing character is Patchface you dolts.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I want an entire spinoff series about Hot Pie, personally.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I want an entire spinoff series about Hot Pie, personally.

A young adult novel about Hot Pie growing up, becoming a man, learning medieval recipes with his limited amount of ingredients and gosh-darn it, just trying to be the best Hot Pie he can be.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

The best and most intriguing character is Patchface you dolts.

LOL the show cut him out and killed Stannis' whole family in one episode with zero closure or point to the arc.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Would it make any sense to introduce Lady Stoneheart with only one season to go? I can't see that working out at all...

I can't see any of the story arcs working out that quickly, tbh.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

LOL the show cut him out and killed Stannis' whole family in one episode with zero closure or point to the arc.

Now now,

It was two episodes.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

MrSlam posted:

A young adult novel about Hot Pie growing up, becoming a man, learning medieval recipes with his limited amount of ingredients and gosh-darn it, just trying to be the best Hot Pie he can be.

The miniseries shall be narrated by Anthony Bourdain.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Who the gently caress is even going to contest the boltons now there's like literally no point to anything in the north anymore. What the gently caress is sansa going to do with rickon and a dumb baby in her belly without the goddamn manderlys? I can't wait to hate this dumb season.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
nameless bannermen with no character or investment will stand with her, obviously

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

jsoh posted:

strong belwas

same

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

kcroy posted:

I can't see any of the story arcs working out that quickly, tbh.

Well the writers better decided if they want to do 7 or 8 seasons because they are running out of time. I know HBO wants 8 seasons for obvious reasons.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Krinkle posted:

Who the gently caress is even going to contest the boltons now there's like literally no point to anything in the north anymore. What the gently caress is sansa going to do with rickon and a dumb baby in her belly without the goddamn manderlys? I can't wait to hate this dumb season.

Um, the huge army of wildlings led by zombie John Snow

Or the Ironborn

Or the ice zombie things

Or Bran will go peck his eyes out

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Like sansa can go live with rickon that's her only idea for a character right now. Rickon used to be The Heir to the north, or one of like four, and his worth was in relation to manderly. Who in universe gives a poo poo about rickon?

Rickon can't be heir to the north because Manderly doesn't exist. Sansa can't be heir to the north because Bolton married her and she ran away from him. Jon can't be heir to the north because he was never maybe legitimized by rob before the red wedding. I think. I don't remember anyone in the show being a lady in armor who was sent through the swamp with a super important letter for castle black.

North is all out of heirs.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
The show only inventing northern lords when it is absolutely necessary to the plot is definitely gonna hurt this season. It woulda been nice if the guy who played the Greatjon wasn't a big drunk idiot, but he apparently pissed everyone off so now there is nobody to really connect to Jon retaking the North or whatever.

I guess the Blackfish and Edmure are back this season, so we'll get *that* at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

*that* being a baby trebuchet?