Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sonic has good tots and milkshakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Checker's doesn't bother me, but Wendy's makes me feel...not great.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Wendy's is hot wet garbage outside of their 6 dollar specialty chicken sandwiches.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

From my experiences there. their Baconator might as well be called the Saucinator. loving nasty.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I don't think i've ever been given crispy french fries at any Wendy's in my entire life. They're always either bendy or soggy. Awful. Terrible.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gonz posted:

I don't think i've ever been given crispy french fries at any Wendy's in my entire life. They're always either bendy or soggy. Awful. Terrible.

Old school Wendy's fries were so much better

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I realize that Wendy's makes all their advertising about LOOK HOW MUCH BACON WE THREW ON THIS LATEST SQUARE MEAT-LIKE SUBSTANCE but if you've never had their spicy chicken sandwich you've made some incorrect life choices.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

There's like a one-minute window when they're still good. Drive-thru, they're always soggy.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Gonz posted:

Wendy's is hot wet garbage outside of their 6 dollar specialty chicken sandwiches.

I liked their sea salt fries whenever they did that promotion. I guess it was like 5 years ago.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ArgonHarvester posted:

When their ads just explain that their food will keep you alive, that's a pretty damning sign.
I ate there once a few years ago and couldn't understand how a single meal could make me so miserable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aklwE3zdG14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwKnE7eRAlI

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Not sure why it's any surprise that food made fast and easy enough that it can be served through a window and eaten while driving isn't great. I eat at Wendy's not because it's particularly good, but because I'm a lazy rear end in a top hat who doesn't feel like getting out of his car, but wants something marginally better than McDonald's.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Since this is the fast-food thread now I thought I'd mention that the new girl at the Carl's Jr drive thru argued with me about whether the Cripsy Chicken El Diablo exists. She insists that it never existed and that I made it up.

And I first saw it mentioned in a Rick and Morty commercial dammit. A commercial I did not hate. Phew, snuck in that relevance.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
All I know about Rallys is Rap Cat.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

computer parts posted:

I liked their sea salt fries whenever they did that promotion. I guess it was like 5 years ago.

Nah that's what's on their fries currently.

I dunno where you guys keep finding lovely Wendys but the ones up here are always great.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ayn rand hand job posted:

All I know about Rallys is Rap Cat.

Which has a goon connection, as it was a video a goon made of their cat wearing a "RapCat jersey" (at the time the Checkers bags were designed as jerseys you could cut holes out of for your cat to wear) that caused certain parts of the internet to melt down in rage over how a cat inside a paper bag is somehow animal abuse, which caused them to kill off RapCat altogether.

RIP RapCat.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

RapCat was too good for this world.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

raditts posted:

Which has a goon connection, as it was a video a goon made of their cat wearing a "RapCat jersey" (at the time the Checkers bags were designed as jerseys you could cut holes out of for your cat to wear) that caused certain parts of the internet to melt down in rage over how a cat inside a paper bag is somehow animal abuse, which caused them to kill off RapCat altogether.

RIP RapCat.

Pet Island? For the six years I've been here, I've never once set foot in PI because I know better and know how to feed, love, and take care of my cats.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

You Are A Elf posted:

Pet Island? For the six years I've been here, I've never once set foot in PI because I know better and know how to feed, love, and take care of my cats.

No, like, the whole internet. As in FWD FWD FWD look what these monsters did to a cat. It eventually hit local news.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Have you ever spilled shoe shine and than try to spread more of it on the carpet and than THIS HAPPENS!?

I mean, seriously what are you selling here.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Mooseontheloose posted:

Have you ever spilled shoe shine and than try to spread more of it on the carpet and than THIS HAPPENS!?

Either that, or they're marketing to people who are clumsy with toner cartridges. I'm not entirely sure.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mooseontheloose posted:

Maybe it's an ad for blackened floors.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mooseontheloose posted:

I once had a summer job working a factor where I cleaned black diamond slurry off of tungsten or silicon carbide parts. You got covered in this shiny black material that got everywhere. There was a day I accidentally dropped one of my workboots on the carpet in my parents house. Its been 13 years and the vague, boot-shaped stain on the carpet is still there. Nothing can touch it.

Maybe its a product to clean that up.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I can't find it online, but the Liberty Mutual Insurance commercial with the guy talking about depreciation bugs me to no end.

"My car got totaled right after I bought it, but they won't give me full replacement. Depreciation, they claim. How can my car depreciate before its first oil change?"

I get not everyone has a background in accounting, but something about the way he makes it sound like "I don't understand what depreciation means, therefore it's dumb and shouldn't apply to me" rubs me the wrong way, like it'a a scam or something.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Insurance fraud: there's got to be a better way!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

dirksteadfast posted:

I can't find it online, but the Liberty Mutual Insurance commercial with the guy talking about depreciation bugs me to no end.

"My car got totaled right after I bought it, but they won't give me full replacement. Depreciation, they claim. How can my car depreciate before its first oil change?"

I get not everyone has a background in accounting, but something about the way he makes it sound like "I don't understand what depreciation means, therefore it's dumb and shouldn't apply to me" rubs me the wrong way, like it'a a scam or something.

How about the one where the woman complains that your insurance company will only pay you 3/4 of the value of your car after somebody else t-bones you. That's what the other guy's insurance is for.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

What rock do you live under where you never heard "your car loses $XX,XXX of its value as soon as you drive it off the lot"

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
All of those Liberty Mutual commercials are stupid. "Insurance for people who understand nothing about accounting or statistics!"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

dirksteadfast posted:

I think he's being critical of the rate it depreciates.

Years ago, I was in a wreck where opposing traffic slid on ice coming across the crest of a hill, came across the center line, hit a tree, and swung back out into us as we tried to get around him. Obliterated the right front quadrant of the car and we ripped the trunk off his car. We'd had the car for eight days. Somehow, the car lost about 10 percent worth of its value in a week. How does that even make sense?

Ultimately, we "won" because the car manufacturer bought it from us for the difference between the purchase price and what the insurance paid us. Apparently it was one of the first ones destroyed in the field.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I get that might be the "intent", but it's not what is said. And while that sounds pedantic it just bugs me that it essentially perpetuates the idea that things like depreciation are super complicated when most people are capable of at least a basic understanding.

And in my experience with the general public, unfortunately too many people don't understand that something loses book value over time (even after like 5 years).

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
What in the goddamn hell is a discount double check.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

dirksteadfast posted:

I get that might be the "intent", but it's not what is said. And while that sounds pedantic it just bugs me that it essentially perpetuates the idea that things like depreciation are super complicated when most people are capable of at least a basic understanding.

And in my experience with the general public, unfortunately too many people don't understand that something loses book value over time (even after like 5 years).

It seems pretty clear to me if you read it in the context of the first sentence, it's a statement of how it can depreciate so fast that you can't get a full replacement through your insurance in a relatively short period of time, or in other words, exactly what Sash said.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

frogbs posted:

What in the goddamn hell is a discount double check.

What really pisses me off about these commercials is the notion that Packers fans would shout "discount double check!" at their quarterback. If I was some lardass cheesehead and I saw Aaron Rodgers, I'd shout "Win us another Super Bowl!" or "Beat the Bears!" or "Are you sure Olivia Munn isn't a beard?"--ANYTHING but a corporate catchphrase.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What's amazing is that State Farm has successfully turned pretending to wear a championship belt in celebration into "the discount double check."

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Okay, DirecTV, the Settlers have worn out their welcome.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Mister Kingdom posted:

No kidding. As a one off gag it was worth a chuckle but it's already run into the ground at this point. Unfortunately I think they're trying to make it A Thing.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

DirecTV needs to bring back the Russian gangster guy

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

If The Settlers was historically accurate, every few months, one member of the family would die from TB or a snakebite.

Until only the father is left. Then poo poo could get real dark.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
That's what happens when the family switches to Dish.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
What the gently caress is this Verizon ad with Ricky Gervais.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
The "Meet the Hoopers" jingle has been playing in my brain for the last 3 days. I hate you state farm.