Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I would love to see what Fran McCaffery would say if Iowa blew a 12 point lead in 35 seconds. He would probably literally tell a reporter that his mom should have had an abortion or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

Oregon gets some of the credit for those two 3s they made end game but yeah St. Joe's blew two possessions too

Dorsey's 3 was a complete defensive breakdown

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Meanwhile, TAMU's comeback is the largest comeback with under a minute on the clock in NCAA history. Second place is the 1974 UNC team coming back from 8 down against Duke with 17s left.

GIG 'EM AGS :thumbsup:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm sad that I didn't know about :histdowns: when USC poo poo it lead away on Friday

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Spaced God posted:

Second place is the 1974 UNC team coming back from 8 down against Duke with 17s left.
This is easily #1 when you consider that there was no three-point shot. I'd love to see video of this.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Crazy Ted posted:

This is easily #1 when you consider that there was no three-point shot. I'd love to see video of this.

Well boy do I have something for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO445W4mtZI

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well I fell asleep on the couch and missed two great endings. loving hell. UNI, you let the whole state down, what the gently caress?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

No joke, I had a dream that I hit a Porsche with a golf ball or something and had to pay some huge amount of money to get it fixed. But when I woke up I was like "oh, thank god those dreams about the car and that UNI game weren't real..." I'm not even joking, for a blissful 30 seconds I thought I had dreamed that poo poo.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

"ACC Sports Historian" is a pro tier username.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm just gonna use this as a NIT GDT.

South Carolina losing earlier means that the winner of SDSU/UW tonight will host the third round game against GT on Wednesday. Go Aztecs!

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
How can I find out what times the games will be on on Saturday and Sunday? They must know already, so why can't I find it anywhere? I'd like to know for the final four games also.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ross I've been meaning to tell you that I think SDSU got absolutely hosed not getting into the tournament.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

How are we scoring this many points what is this

kiimo posted:

Ross I've been meaning to tell you that I think SDSU got absolutely hosed not getting into the tournament.

We shot ourselves in the foot in November and December. Can't lose to Grand Canyon and USD and not have it come back to haunt you

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

KingKapalone posted:

How can I find out what times the games will be on on Saturday and Sunday? They must know already, so why can't I find it anywhere? I'd like to know for the final four games also.

ESPN? CBS Sports? Google?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Thursday:

Miami v Villanova, 7:10PM, CBS
A&M v Oklahoma, 7:37PM, TBS
Maryland v Kansas, 9:40PM, CBS
Duke v Oregon, 10:07PM, TBS

Friday:

Iowa State v Virginia, 7:10PM, CBS
Wisconsin v Notre Dame, 7:27PM, TBS
Gonzaga v Syracuse, 9:40PM, CBS
Indiana v UNC, 9:57PM, TBS

the final four will be Duke v Kansas early game and UNC v Syracuse late, then Duke v UNC on Monday

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kansas will have its hands full trying to get past Maryland, but if manage to they would utterly destroy Duke or Oregon.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

kiimo posted:

Kansas will have its hands full trying to get past Maryland, but if manage to they would utterly destroy Duke or Oregon.

This lack of respect for Villanova will surely come back to bite you.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I never said Villanova won't win I was just responding to the predictions about my post. Villanova has three point guards and that always bodes well in the tournament.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

OctoberBlues posted:

This lack of respect for Villanova will surely come back to bite you.

Please don't force me to respect Villanova, Kansas fan or no.

If it does happen, things will have come full-circle, because I had Villanova beating Kansas back in 2008.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Ross Angeles posted:

I'm just gonna use this as a NIT GDT.

South Carolina losing earlier means that the winner of SDSU/UW tonight will host the third round game against GT on Wednesday. Go Aztecs!

Nobody gives a poo poo about the NIT. Not even the schools playing in it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Retail Slave posted:

Are we forgetting Robert Morris already?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Retail Slave posted:

Cool. Viejas sold out in about 20 minutes for the game tonight and I'm pretty sure the players care. Thanks though!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I went to the Stony Brook/Iowa NIT game a few years ago and it surprisingly owned quite a bit.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

I went to the Stony Brook/Iowa NIT game a few years ago and it surprisingly owned quite a bit.

Turns out players, especially seniors, don't like losing and tend to play hard when it could potentially be the last game of their careers.

As far as SDSU goes, this is gonna be the last game in Viejas for Winston Shepard and Skylar Spencer, so I expect both of them to come out blazing tonight. Shepard followed up the first triple double in school history last week with 20 points, 10 rebounds, and four assists against Washington on Monday. I haven't heard Viejas that loud the entire season and I'm going to the game tonight, so hopefully we'll be moving on to New York. With BYU lurking on the other side of the bracket, I know SDSU wants a shot at them in the finals

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Henchman of Santa posted:

ESPN? CBS Sports? Google?

They only have the Thursday Friday games since those are the only known matchups. They must know what time the games will be over the weekend though despite not knowing who is playing.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ross Angeles posted:

Turns out players, especially seniors, don't like losing and tend to play hard when it could potentially be the last game of their careers.

Plus all sports is good sports. The NIT is like minor bowl games. It isn't hurting anybody and can be a lot of fun for the teams and fanbases involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

New weekend, new thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769665

• Locked thread