Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I love how we all hyped up the return and it was the completely obvious answer.

I am living for this runway concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I love that Bob is using the clutch he made in the Gone With The Window drag challenge for this. He ain't letting that clutch go nowhere!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

I love that Bob is using the clutch he made in the Gone With The Window drag challenge for this. He ain't letting that clutch go nowhere!

That clutch will outlive the season, like Ornacia.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

I think it suits the outfit.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
"Keep spreading your cucu" is now one of my favorite drag race lines ever, and makes me retroactively regret every bad thing I said about Seeeeentias gimmick.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Returning queen: lame
Challenge winner: gently caress yeah
LSFYL result: deserved, gonna miss her more than I would Robbie though

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

My text message chain blew the gently caress up at the "Heels." "Wheels." comments.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
gently caress her stupid coocoo. (Un)ironically? I don't even know. But goddamn Bob killed that episode

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Disappointed we traded Cynthia for Naysha, but that was a great challenge and runway theme.

Surprised Naomi hasn't been called out for relying on that bod. All her runway looks have been two small pieces of fabric and LEGS.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I found the runway gimmick a little distracting. Like I wasn't paying attention to what people were wearing because I kept waiting for someone to faceplant. At least Kim Chi didn't get read for her walk this week.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Pellisworth posted:

Surprised Naomi hasn't been called out for relying on that bod. All her runway looks have been two small pieces of fabric and LEGS.

Her acting wasn't that great either. Naomi should have been in the bottom this week.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Her acting wasn't that great either. Naomi should have been in the bottom this week.

I figured she managed safe by going with an atypical runway style for the category (is) and putting what acting skills she does have into graciously taking multiple facefulls of of Cookie's Suspicious Cocktails.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Agreed. I thought Robbie was better in the acting challenge than Naomi. She'll be out soon enough, though.

Bob is the hero our world needs.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I figured she managed safe by going with an atypical runway style for the category (is) and putting what acting skills she does have into graciously taking multiple facefulls of of Cookie's Suspicious Cocktails.

pink lingerie and a pink shawl thing?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Mouse Dresser posted:

Bob is the hero our world needs.
I need an hour of just Bob revealing outfits from under full length coats.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Lol at all the speculation this past week. To be fair, they did a good job of hiding the fact that Naysha was going to be in more episodes.

Agreed over the lip sync decision, but very sad to see one of my favorites leave.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

caligulamprey posted:

I need an hour of just Bob revealing outfits from under full length coats.

Seriously, WorldofWonder, get on this.

Bob totally deserved this win, she slaaayed and her adlibbing was fantastic. Thorgy was great, too, but this challenge was Bob's to win. Bob also continues to be the most insightful in the talking head bits, and seems to be having more fun than anyone.

I don't know if Robbie should have been in the bottom 2 over Derrick. I think Derrick was much worse in the challenge (although now I can't recall what Robbie's role was, so that's a problem...) but Robbie had a really great runway look that should have saved her. Then again, we wouldn't have gotten that fantastic roller lipsync, and this season really needs to step up its lipsync game.

I'm sad Cynthia left, I really warmed up to her quickly in the last episode, she seems like a genuinely nice person. Butttt that's not how you win RPDR so v:shobon:v. Don't really care that Naysha's back, we'll see what she can do I guess. And maybe she'll give us another hilariously bad lipsync.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Serving body-ody-ody is a legit and respectable strategy. Smalls did just enough to be safe.

The dance LSFYL was crappy again though And I'd not have minded seeing Old Hollywood Girl go home. The 'wheels' choice should not have been a ticket to put on a poorer interpretation of the song. But I am glad she broke the show's footlight lightbulb cherry. I always worry about someone tripping on a hemline and getting an eyesocket full of hot tungsten bulb pieces.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I just finished Untucked and WOW, how long do you think before Betty uses any variation of the phrase I'm just tellin' it like it is/I'm just keeping it real/I'm just saying what everyone's thinking?

Even taking all of the rumors out of the equation, she's just a complete and utter jagoff.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
"Taste it bitch. Expensive vodka" can we just go ahead and crown Bob already?

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

I think I might be one of the few who kinda likes Robbie. I just don't think season 8 material, maybe more like season 4.

Returning queen: Naysha is just so boring!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

shadow puppet of a posted:

I always worry about someone tripping on a hemline and getting an eyesocket full of hot tungsten bulb pieces.

Serving facial trauma realness yaaaass mawma slay the house down boots gurl.com.org

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I love Robbie, she's an on point and utterly classic old school queen who really knows how to work her flexible niche of retro drag.

Speaking of which, Michelle can go suck eggs for trying to tell Robbie her outfit and hair "weren't giving her roller girl". Wish Santino was there, he seemed to have a basic grasp of the history of fashion.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Can I just say that when Thorgy grin it makes me grin too, because holy poo poo :3:

I'd be real content with a Bob/Thorgy/Kim Chi/Chi Chi situation fighting it out for the top spot based on personality alone.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Speaking of which, Michelle can go suck eggs for trying to tell Robbie her outfit and hair "weren't giving her roller girl". Wish Santino was there, he seemed to have a basic grasp of the history of fashion.

I know absolutely nothing about fashion and even I wanted to slap Michelle for this. "Not giving me roller girl" my rear end.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Kim Chi looked more feminine in skates than heels and for once didn't give me the impression that there should be a bunch of tiny Asian men in tanks trying to defend Tokyo

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Acid Betty in Untucked repeatedly calling out Trixie's makeup lol

gurl, when your entire schtick is being over the top and garish, I'm not sure you have any room to judge Trixie.

Programmable Soda
Aug 8, 2008

Pellisworth posted:

Acid Betty in Untucked repeatedly calling out Trixie's makeup lol

gurl, when your entire schtick is being over the top and garish, I'm not sure you have any room to judge Trixie.

Not just that, but doing WHILE THE VIDEO WAS PLAYING was just so rude of her. I loved how unfazed Kim Chi was, and Derrick calling out Betty made her seem a lot more likeable.

I can't wait for the judges to read Naomi on having just one outfit in different colors. This is reaching Honey Mahogany caftan realness levels of blandness.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

There are no words.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Imagine walking into a dimly lit and seemingly abandoned warehouse to find 50 of those.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Looks like Kennedy is catching some poo poo on twitter for calling Kim Chi 'meh' last night. Nothing remotely offensive, but that's how social media works unfortunately. You can't have an opinion that differs from mine or I'm going to bombard you with the worst things I can think of.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

big black turnout posted:

Kim Chi looked more feminine in skates than heels and for once didn't give me the impression that there should be a bunch of tiny Asian men in tanks trying to defend Tokyo

I honestly thought she was going to be called for it. The only person that stood out to me in a negative way throughout last night's episode was Cynthia, but it turns out that I wasn't alone in that.

I'm honestly shocked that Naomi Smalls got away with that runway look for all the times Michelle has called queens out for being boyish.

Anyway, Bob and Thorgy absolutely killed this week! If I wasn't a Bob fan before (and holy poo poo I was) I'd be absolutely on her train now! :allears: There's an old family friend (and ex of my sister) who acts just like Bob's Chocolate Chip, too.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 23, 2016

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.
God, I love all the queens so much. Except Betty. I know she's getting a villain edit on purpose, but she was just super rude during Untucked. I do love how Kim reacted though. "Noo, her makeup is perfect!" :kimchi:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

A friend just sent this to me, I assume it was from Tumblr or Reddit.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

seizure later posted:

"Taste it bitch. Expensive vodka" can we just go ahead and crown Bob already?

I was basically on Michelle's side with that outfit, it was basic as hell but ahhhhhhhh

she's gonna just have to poo poo on the judge's table at this point to lose. bianca ii, rack it.

oh geez, is next week Snatch Game? :dance: or maybe not, isn't it nine left? oh god

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 23, 2016

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
If they do a "RuVealed" version of this season, no more jack-in-the-box Ru, I just want Bob in the corner laughing at everything.

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!

CHiRAL posted:

There are no words.

My friend owns the bar where this happened and I want to fly to LA for Monday night EVERY WEEK BECAUSE I AM DYING.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Bob and Thorgy were great this episode, I'm really getting to love Thorgy's vibe and she's got good acting chops, but man nothing was gonna top Bob at that challenge. Well, maybe everyone should top Bob for that performance. :rimshot:

Was disappointed in Chi Chi's acting. Her ghetto was off key and didn't really fit with either the other queens' performances or the script. Still think she's an underdog favorite.

I honestly thought Betty's runway was rather tacky this week. Over the top and shocking is great, but there's such a thing as simply wearing too much poo poo on your body. As mentioned really serving up that villain edit by calling out Trixie's makeup in the middle of her call to Kim Chi, lol.

Britney seems to be struggling and from what I've seen I dunno why they'd keep her much past Snatch Game.

Now who was that queen that Ru brought back??

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Pellisworth posted:

Now who was that queen that Ru brought back??

Never heard of her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Omigod Ru's runway look was so sparkly :3:

It seemed like they were trying really hard to edit in a rivalry between Bob and Thorgy by showing one always looking stone faced when the other was praised, but they never really said anything mean and in Untucked they were chilling next to each other on the couch. Stop trying to be jerks, editors, it's okay if they're both great.

This season is so good so far.

• Locked thread