Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

runsamok posted:

Star Citizen: nominally better than a broken jar in the anus.

Also: If there's so much "progress" going on behind the scenes, why the hamfisted effort to stifle dissent in the forums, their discord, their chat & the subreddit instead of releasing a 30-90 second, no-context-or-background, 100%-gameplay video that proves all the rabble-rousers are indeed the baseless trolls CIG espouses they are?

Oh. Wait. They kinda did that at CitCon, only it was so terribly, laughably, cringe-inducingly bad that they've never released it outside of the livestream, a notable occurrence from the team that will upload anything to try and generate views.

The "no spoilers" excuse the zealots run with as an excuse why nothing is shown always gets me. Maybe someone should invent spoiler tags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

You were 'pounced on' because it is loving stupid and kind of stands out.
I have seen a video of a man insert a jar into his anus until it broke, now, when he went to the hospital do you think people remarked on his haircut or asked him what deodorant he used, or do you think they pounced on the glaringly obvious idiotic decision he made to insert a jar into his anus?

I need more sleep.
I read that as "a video of a man insert his anus into a jar until it broke".

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Ok next one to talk about mr mysterious and his dumb 4k mistake has to write a job application for CIG and mention how great sandi is and how they can't wait to meet her.

Starting....

NOW!

GORF it's you....

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 22, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

ManofManyAliases posted:

$20. I REALLY wanted to see what was in the platinum highlighted texts . . . .
Think of your $4000 as platinum highlighted texts. Then ask yourself what happens if you paid $20 two-hundred times, only to click on it 4 years from now and realize you'd been had.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Wafflz posted:

Think of it as an investment.

Nay - a pledge. I pledge to disturb some in this thread and receive praise from others.

ManofManyAliases fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 17, 2016

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
a video of a man inserting his money into a trash can and lighting it on fire

cut to, a few months later, him doing it again. rinse, repeat

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nay - a pledge. I pledge to disturb some in this thread and receive praise from others.

dude you're not going to come out of this one squeaky clean by acting like everyone ELSE is an idiot and you're just totally above it (because you're cool and mature and intelligent, like your decision to light your money on fire)

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I'm kinda confused now.

Chris Roberts became very popular in the '80s/'90s, and he "got" Sandi Gardiner.

Does this mean it might actually be a teen film montage?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Star Citizen: Rectal prolapse in reverse

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hobold posted:

It is kinda fun, yet sad to look at myself just two years ago, still trying to defend this poo poo show, and the money I pissed into it. It really is enlightening to finally cross that threshold and realize, holy gently caress I was one deluded motherfucker. I took those roofies willingly!

I was browsing old threads recently to find some of my old posts and stumbled across some of your old posts. I'll be honest, you and the other folks who eventually clicked are shining examples that some people can eventually see reason and wise up.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

orcinus posted:

I need more sleep.

Honestly, I think that would have been better. Seeing a man pick broken shards of glass out of his rectum is the strangest thing I've really ever seen. It was unnecessary and everyone understood the consequences. It's like a guy filming himself being punched in the balls or touching fire. Everyone knows its dumb, but its funny to see people do it.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

I called it disposable because I assumed that's how it would be received in this thread, considering the direction many of you have taken from 2k pages ago to now. To be honest, any description I applied to my "investment" would have been scrutinized:

Investment? - "Lol what return buddy!
Pledged? - "What a fool for backing a dream!"
Backed? - "Lol dumping money into a fool's wish!"
Etc.

Second, the "investment" of 4k was done since 2014, and not a drop all at once.

Third, I signed my first post because, well - I'm new didn't want to someone to arbitrarily apply a name to call me by that I did not want. Man is shorter that writing out Man of Many Aliases (but I suppose MoMA works too... drat).

Now that I had to "explain" myself, care to move on? I certainly had until you brought it up - for the second time.

Sorry if forced you to "explain" yourself, take no notice of me and do carry on as you were.

:f5:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

GabrielMobius posted:

You're not wrong in my case. There was a time when I threw otherwise perfectly good money at crowdfunding a bunch of poo poo, and going in on the extras. I've wised up since then, and haven't touched that poo poo in a year. So far Star Citizen isn't even the biggest disappointment, Pathfinder Online was. Dear god did I feel like a sucker when that 'released'.

If it did any one good thing, it made me more skeptical of crowdfunded MMOs as a whole and probably opened me up to admitting to myself that SC would wind up being equally poo poo.

Yes. On re-reading it, I might have been a tad aggressive. My point is simply this:

There's a difference between being suckered out of $whatever and not having it cause any greater economic harm, and being suckered out of $whatever and not caring about being suckered. One is a sad/annoying situation that you can learn from; the other is wilful stupidity.

The attempted “disposable income” rationalisation, as it almost universally employed, lands someone firmly in the second camp.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

GabrielMobius posted:

You're not wrong in my case. There was a time when I threw otherwise perfectly good money at crowdfunding a bunch of poo poo, and going in on the extras. I've wised up since then, and haven't touched that poo poo in a year. So far Star Citizen isn't even the biggest disappointment, Pathfinder Online was. Dear god did I feel like a sucker when that 'released'.

If it did any one good thing, it made me more skeptical of crowdfunded MMOs as a whole and probably opened me up to admitting to myself that SC would wind up being equally poo poo.

I feel like I lucked out with Kickstarter poo poo. Most of the small amount of things I've backed have panned out. Some are still in-dev, which we have to wait and see. My biggest disappointment from that whole thing was loving Jumpshot.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

MeLKoR posted:

Sorry if forced you to explain yourself, take no notice of me and do carry on as you were.

:f5:

mature, intelligent people who make mature, intelligent decisions to light their money on fire don't respond to the brown sea :smug:

its part of being mature and intelligent, since i can tell you don't "get it". god, i am way too intelligent and mature to be explaining myself on THE INTERNET.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

orcinus posted:

I need more sleep.

Now that I would pay 4k to see :v:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Xaerael posted:

I was browsing old threads recently to find some of my old posts and stumbled across some of your old posts. I'll be honest, you and the other folks who eventually clicked are shining examples that some people can eventually see reason and wise up.

When the poo poo stain of the AC finally launched, I was really digging it for a bit, then slowly started to realize, somethings fuckey.

Then the poo poo hit the fan with del-boy and the Escapist. I was starting to sour on the project when Wingman/Irving/Morlan left, but Pugh getting shitcanned out of the blue was what really turned me against CIG.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

runsamok posted:

I'm right with you there.

Same. Was an original backer.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Jon Do posted:

mature, intelligent people who make mature, intelligent decisions to light their money on fire don't respond to the brown sea :smug:

its part of being mature and intelligent, since i can tell you don't "get it". god, i am way too intelligent and mature to be explaining myself on THE INTERNET.

It is just me, or has this whole exchange since my introduction to the forums been very Redditesque? I mean, there was applause, light banter, salt, castigation and indifference; a drama about a drama.

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Tippis posted:

Yes. On re-reading it, I might have been a tad aggressive. My point is simply this:

There's a difference between being suckered out of $whatever and not having it cause any greater economic harm, and being suckered out of $whatever and not caring about being suckered. One is a sad/annoying situation that you can learn from; the other is wilful stupidity.

The attempted “disposable income” rationalisation, as it almost universally employed, lands someone firmly in the second camp.

Yeah in my case I wrote the Star Citizen money off. If it pans out... somehow? then whatever, I might get a shiny box to put next to Vangard and Tabula Rasa on my shelf of shame. If it doesn't, I learned my drat lesson.

Hobold posted:

I feel like I lucked out with Kickstarter poo poo. Most of the small amount of things I've backed have panned out. Some are still in-dev, which we have to wait and see. My biggest disappointment from that whole thing was loving Jumpshot.

I'm about 50/50 now. Hilariously the things I spent the least on did/seem to be doing the best, so some extra goodies for those would have been nice. Pillars of Eternity was great and Crowfall is shaping up to be decent looking, but I'll pay that more attention as a playable build gets closer.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
I still kinda feel sad about Kinetic Void :(

ManofManyAliases posted:

It is just me, or has this whole exchange since my introduction to the forums been very Redditesque? I mean, there was applause, light banter, salt, castigation and indifference; a drama about a drama.

:justpost: about spacegames and why they do or don't suck, you're getting poo poo on because you want this conversation to be all about you. Do you think people care about my Magical Journey to the Something Awfuls? Probably not, and if they did there's a forum for that anyway.

Good Dumplings fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 22, 2016

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

ManofManyAliases posted:

$20. I REALLY wanted to see what was in the platinum highlighted texts . . . .

I think you'll fit right in here, commando. o9

And welcome to the rest of the newcomers.

I felt very honored to be included in the Sgt. Parpers mural.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yeah gently caress all that, tell me commando, what is your favourite chariot and why?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

GabrielMobius posted:

Yeah in my case I wrote the Star Citizen money off. If it pans out... somehow? then whatever, I might get a shiny box to put next to Vangard and Tabula Rasa on my shelf of shame. If it doesn't, I learned my drat lesson.

I'm about 50/50 now. Hilariously the things I spent the least on did/seem to be doing the best, so some extra goodies for those would have been nice. Pillars of Eternity was great and Crowfall is shaping up to be decent looking, but I'll pay that more attention as a playable build gets closer.

I've moved away from games on kickstarter. I did recently back a company that makes a snazzy new belt I will be receiving soon https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1115468767/trakline-express-belt

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

I've moved away from games on kickstarter. I did recently back a company that makes a snazzy new belt I will be receiving soon https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1115468767/trakline-express-belt

I can't even

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

SirPhoebos posted:

I felt very honored to be included in the Sgt. Parpers mural.

I spent an hour looking but didn't find my avatar :(

I will work on improving my post quality dear thread.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

ManofManyAliases posted:

I downvoted you three times with all my alternate accounts, so you tell me.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

ManofManyAliases posted:

No downvotes and hiding stuff with that though.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Loxbourne posted:

Can you expand on this? Before the thread hosed up and drove him out, Bootcha was talking about CIG trying and failing to use their private investigator to pin their leaks on Travis Day so they could sue him (ironically on the basis that Sandi's terrible treatment of his wife Chelsea had given him a grudge). He said his source had told him that CIG's upper echelons were going all-out, claiming he was orchestrating a huge hate campaign behind the scenes.

He pretty much popped into chat, asked them why they hired some rent-a-cop to harass travis, and then was promptly banned :shrug:

I'd love for ole bootch to come around and explain

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

You saw that too, huh? The image from the moment it broke still floats through my consciousness from time to time.

The image? What about the sound of grinding broken glass when he started pulling pieces out? Oh lordy! :cry:

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

peter gabriel posted:

I can't even

FITS BETTER. LASTS LONGER.

...LOOKS AMAZING.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Goobs posted:

...LOOKS AMAZING.

I'm loving dying :lol:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Goobs posted:

...LOOKS AMAZING.

It's great though - you can even change the buckle.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

ManofManyAliases posted:

Eh, it's all good.

Am somewhat curious on your fleet. Did you pick the ships up individually, or did you buy one of those "packs" then add to it over time?

One last question, and I'm dead serious...what are your thoughts on the Starliner and the Mixmaster 9000?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

I must have missed the part during the time I lurked where you were a game-developing prophet. Apologies.

You know, there's a small possibility you don't get a real positive reception here because you're a insufferable twat with the thinnest skin this side of a loving leper's colony

I mean obviously you'd know best, just throwing it out there

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Is this like that joke where a guy has a brush for years and it is amazing because it only needed two new heads and three new handles in twenty years?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

ManofManyAliases posted:

tbh i was mostly teasing you in good faith for coming across as condescending and self-centered, and then when you failed to acknowledge that, i continued

cba anymore, i think you're not getting it -- spend money on what you wish, and perhaps one day you will find out why your first impressions were less than favorable.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

ManofManyAliases posted:

:vince:

e: can we move on

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Eh, it's all good.

Am somewhat curious on your fleet. Did you pick the ships up individually, or did you buy one of those "packs" then add to it over time?

One last question, and I'm dead serious...what are your thoughts on the Starliner and the Mixmaster 9000?

Hodgepodge. I have a pack, but also rare ships: Couple of Glaives that I'm sitting on until they're flushed out of grey market, Idris, BMM, etc.

Starliner is completely unnecessary. Ferry people around in class with the 980J, no?

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Decrepus posted:

:vince:

e: can we move on

Nothing to move on to. SC is still like a deadborn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Scruffpuff posted:

Clarification: "any one of us", not "every one of us". Think of how bitter a pill it is to swallow, that Chris pissed away over $100 million dollars with his ineptitude, on a project that people, to this day, despite years of accumulated evidence to the contrary, still think is "too big to fail?" I would like to proceed with supplying the evidence for my assertion that this could have been "any one of us" to the court at this time.

Exhibit "A", your honors: Sarsapariller.

Sarsapariller has kind of passed on into legend. I wonder if they'll ever come back.

• Locked thread