Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Victorkm posted:

Yeah that part was fantastic. Especially the other actors acting out Drunk Brian speaking for them.

You just described Drunk History.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Nevermind

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 22, 2016

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Did this air early in Canada?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Spoilers please if it hasn't aired for the rest of us yet.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, GlobalTV is showing this Mondays here now; we get the next one on the 4th. Am I supposed to keep track of when Americans can watch it?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Democratic Pirate posted:

Was Brian ever on anything harder than pot before he got on NZT?

Not shown specifically, but just judging by the personality I imagine he's tried the 'fun' stuff like mushrooms and maybe ecstasy. As far as the show is concerned he is just a stoner.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

odiv posted:

Yeah, GlobalTV is showing this Mondays here now; we get the next one on the 4th. Am I supposed to keep track of when Americans can watch it?

Yep; at least use spoiler tags if you know it airs a day earlier.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

NO! NOT SINBAD!!
[spoiler from the new episode]

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

[spoiler from the new episode]
I love that any "why doesn't Eddie Morra just save Brian's rear end?" that could happen in the future is basically dealt with as him simply not giving a poo poo. I think it's a smart way to deal with him as a character that is SIGNIFICANTLY better than him being the bad guy. He's not the bad guy, he's just been on NZT for so long that all he cares about is a long game that no one else can see. His plans and morality are so far beyond even NZT Brian that the show can plausibly bring him in randomly whenever they feel like it with no need for explanation for his absence or interest (or lack thereof).

It's a genuinely clever way of dealing with Bradley Cooper as a presence on the show.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

odiv posted:

If only there was somewhere easy to see when the show comes on in its origin country... Something that appeared on every page, maybe they could make it so you had to click on it to read the thread...

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

edit: nevermind, I'm just being cranky.

odiv fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 23, 2016

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
Give Stavros his own Marvel Netflix show.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Well, this is an unexpected turn of events.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

You are a nerd posted:

The Wrong loving Leg!

My wife and I replayed that 30 seconds like 10 times, laughing hysterically.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Party Plane Jones posted:

Well, this is an unexpected turn of events.

I can't tell if Morra's being played as someone who is just on a level so far above everyone else that what seems like a legitimate threat to Brian is just nothing to him, or if the NZT is affecting him in a different way that he doesn't realize.
Either way, I'm incredibly curious as to how this is all going to play out between now and the finale.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Brian is Sen. Morra's plan for dealing with Sands and whoever got NZT outside the curtain.

override367
Apr 29, 2013
I'm thinking that this whole thing actually works to Morra's advantage

I have a feeling that Morra was working on a plan to deal with rebecca's growing interest in him and Sands, and now that Sands is rogue, once he destroys Sands he can throw him to the FBI

hangedman1984 posted:

What really bothers me about the whole "Bryan is on drugs" reaction is that they know (or at least highly suspect) that drugs are coming from the FBI. It's not like he is some addict trying to score a fix in an alley somewhere. I mean yeah it seems a little shady, but I think I'd at least want to here more about his side of the story instead of holding some sort of impromptu intervention.

His mom is just utterly insufferable in that scene, does she really expect her son to divulge classified information in front of two FBI agents? Even if he would tell her, he sure as poo poo wouldn't with them listening

Like, his job with the FBI isn't something he made up, she doesn't doubt he works for them, so what does she want from him?

override367 fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Mar 23, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Season finale was a let down.

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Season finale was a let down.

the season finale isn't until end of next month.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Why is there someone who thinks every episode is the season finale?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Maybe they thought this was the S2 Nikita thread

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

You are a nerd posted:

I love how they use the extras like Stavros and the IT guy. They don't need to be involved all the time but when you need someone to get recruited by a cult or lure underground medical practitioners, there they are!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I have a bad feeling CBS isn't going to renew this show and I'm going to be so sad.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

I have a bad feeling CBS isn't going to renew this show and I'm going to be so sad.

Yeah, it wasn't announced as renewed when a bunch of other CBS shows were the other day :(

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
They also didn't renew Life in Pieces, which is a shoo-in. They're just waiting a little longer on the Freshmen; give it a minute.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

raditts posted:

Why is there someone who thinks every episode is the season finale?

My other half thinks every episode of every show is the season finale...

... or she could be saying that to wind me up every time. :argh:

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
Another great episode. Brian :ohdear:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
That was loving great.

That was just loving great.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

This show is so good. Every week is totally different.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Very good episode, even if it tied up things a bit too nicely.

at least the rebecca/brian thing, obvs everything at the FBI is seventeen kinds of hosed

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

NZT Rebecca was awesome. I loved how they showed through her Etch-a-Sketch cutaways and voice-overs that she and Brian aren't that different.
Are they skipping more weeks until the next episode? I didn't see a next episode preview at the end.
I hope this show's not getting cancelled. It seems like they're really looking to tie things up, but I want more because this show has been surprisingly solid all the way through.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

raditts posted:

NZT Rebecca was awesome. I loved how they showed through her Etch-a-Sketch cutaways and voice-overs that she and Brian aren't that different.
Are they skipping more weeks until the next episode? I didn't see a next episode preview at the end.
I hope this show's not getting cancelled. It seems like they're really looking to tie things up, but I want more because this show has been surprisingly solid all the way through.

Yea they are skipping next week. They have Finale Part One! on the 19th and Part Two! on the 26th.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

DivisionPost posted:

That was loving great.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I never realized how criminally under used Rebecca's actress was as Deb (Dexter) until this show, last night's episode in particular (it was really good).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I almost thought for a second that they were going to end with Brian not actually being around for most of the episode and it was just Rebecca having an NZT vision.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Was that a Hoxton/Houston Payday 2 reference in this episode?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

DivisionPost posted:

That was loving great.

Gotta put something here so this isn't an emptyquote.

Although for some reason I thought this was the finale, which was kind of bittersweet (if the show wasn't renewed then we just go with Brian being sent home?) but yay it wasn't!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
The pilot episode excluded, this is probably the best new and most fun series that I am watching this TV season. Definitely my current favorite one.

I wish Sands gets a redemption arc or something. I was starting to like the guy, after the episode with his son's kidnapping.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

AbstractNapper posted:

The pilot episode excluded, this is probably the best new and most fun series that I am watching this TV season. Definitely my current favorite one.

I wish Sands gets a redemption arc or something. I was starting to like the guy, after the episode with his son's kidnapping.

Well he'd make a great villain - more so than Morra. He's got his own motivations, he has some things that make him empathetic, but isn't exactly a good person and seems committed to what he's doing. However, he has more humanity than Morra despite being an assassin. It's likely that his little cabal isn't necessarily the moustache twirling new world order type even if it likely they have some sort of goal for how the world should be, probably in opposition to Morra's grand plan. Possibly their plan is simply just to prevent Morra from completing his - who knows what Morra's actual endgame is or what he'll do to get there. One of the best kinds of villains are ones that are ones that you empathize with enough that you don't necessarily want the protagonists to beat them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The guy who plays Sands has a bit-part in Master of None and it's possibly the highlight of the whole show.

• Locked thread