Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Certain pharmacies will give generics for free with prescription. I got them free with my last pregnancy from Meijer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
I don't know about brand names versus generics, but Folic Acid Supplements are specifically listed under the PPACA as preventative medicine that insurance must provide without cost-sharing.

https://www.healthcare.gov/preventive-care-women/

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
Ugh, just started eating ground flaxseed since someone told me it was a good for digestion and also omega-3s. Now I'm reading that it's possibly unsafe during pregnancy? Has anyone heard from their doctor about this? I'm going to cut down until I get a chance to ask at our next meeting, but I feel like everything I think is good for me turns into something bad :(

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Hi_Bears posted:

I am in the US with pretty good insurance but they were $20 a month... maybe my doctor put in for a brand name and generics are free?

Staryberry posted:

I don't know about brand names versus generics, but Folic Acid Supplements are specifically listed under the PPACA as preventative medicine that insurance must provide without cost-sharing.

https://www.healthcare.gov/preventive-care-women/

I am currently fighting with my insurance company because their mail order pharmacy charged us $20 instead of $0. It seems like a lot of :corsair: over $20 but it's the principle of the thing. Insurance will get away with as much as you allow. You can call them and ask, or their website might have something about it.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Talk with your boss, arrange it so you or someone you trust does the test. You can probably get a false name assigned to your paperwork (and hospital room) as well.

I found it helpful for my work to know early on so they wouldn't make me do strenuous stuff.

nissu
Apr 29, 2014

moana posted:

Ugh, just started eating ground flaxseed since someone told me it was a good for digestion and also omega-3s. Now I'm reading that it's possibly unsafe during pregnancy?

Flaxseed is banned from pregnant women here in Finland. You can eat them if they are baked e.g. to bread, but otherwise it's a no-no. We have sort of strict rules here, so I don't know if they apply in elsewhere.

In the info I got they say that flaxseeds (whole or grounded) contain cadmium that affects cell division and also slows down the fetal developement.

For digestion problems I was recommended to eat ispagula seed husk product, but not sure if it is sold anywhere else.

dopaMEAN
Dec 4, 2004
Tomorrow is our baby shower and all I can think about is my dying cat. His lungs were full of fluid last night and it's looking like cancer. The vet is supposed to call us back tonight about a diagnosis/prognosis.

I think he's going to make it through the weekend, but I just can't stop crying. How am I supposed to celebrate a new life tomorrow when I'm grieving?

SquirrelFace
Dec 17, 2009
Hello thread! I am just under 8 weeks pregnant and so far I have discovered that being pregnant is like being hungover all the time without the fun before hand.

On top of the near constant almost puking, headaches and falling asleep at 830, I've been trying to prep for our wedding next Saturday and the impending arrival of the inlaws who will be staying with us for 2 weeks.

My doctor told me I would probably need assistance getting pregnant so we weren't really expecting everything to happen all at once, but we're still really, really excited!

dopaMEAN
Dec 4, 2004
The baby shower was lovely. We had to say good bye to our cat a few hours before the shower, which was incredibly rough, but we kept it together and didn't cry or anything.

I'm excited to have everything set up soon!

We swung by Target after the shower and got a stroller, a car seat, and a pack and play with the $25-off-$150 deal and their sales. I think we saved about $90 on those three items! We could potentially get 3 year old used car seat and stroller from my labmate, but I'm not sure if that's the kind of thing you want to have used. Should we check it out, or just keep the new items since we got a great deal and they're extra important things?

We spent $85 on the car seat and $160 on the stroller before the coupons and 5% off stuff...

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink
Unless you really really trust that your friend's seat has never been in an accident I would keep the new one. A stroller doesn't need to be new, but I wouldn't trust anyone except an immediate family member to give me a used car seat.

dopaMEAN
Dec 4, 2004

SquirrelFace posted:

Hello thread! I am just under 8 weeks pregnant and so far I have discovered that being pregnant is like being hungover all the time without the fun before hand.

On top of the near constant almost puking, headaches and falling asleep at 830, I've been trying to prep for our wedding next Saturday and the impending arrival of the inlaws who will be staying with us for 2 weeks.

My doctor told me I would probably need assistance getting pregnant so we weren't really expecting everything to happen all at once, but we're still really, really excited!

I hope the wedding goes well! Keep snacks handy at all times to stave off nausea! Congrats!

GoreJess posted:

Unless you really really trust that your friend's seat has never been in an accident I would keep the new one. A stroller doesn't need to be new, but I wouldn't trust anyone except an immediate family member to give me a used car seat.

Ok, we'll go ahead and keep it then! I don't think I could possibly have found a better deal on a new car seat!

E-Money
Nov 12, 2005

Got Out.
My wife and I went in for our first OB appointment today. She's 10 weeks pregnant and we were mentally prepared for every possible piece of news, but I was really optimistic that things were gonna be fine. Except for the fact that there are two loving babies in there! No fertility treatments, no history of multiples on either side of the family, and she's not even 35 yet. This was our first month of trying. What the gently caress?! How the gently caress are we going to afford childcare for two babies at once?! All the local childcare places are an entire paycheck FOR ONE CHILD! It's DOUBLE that for two! That's 100% of my money, JUST for childcare.

We were ready for a baby, but I have no idea how we're going to afford literally doubling the costs of childcare once my wife goes back to work. Are nannies or nanny shares cheaper than straight childcare for multiples? Can you still pay a nanny with Dependent Care FSA money?

Can somebody with multiples please tell me that this is going to be okay and that we're not going to go bankrupt? Oh PS we live in a 1 bedroom in Brooklyn so guess we're moving too!

There are definitely some exciting parts to the idea of having twins (getting it all over with in one go - we wanted to have two kids, them always having a partner in crime/someone to keep them entertained, etc) but I'm having trouble getting past the practicalities to feel excited.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
What incredible news! Congratulations, even though I know it's incredibly overwhelming. I don't have much practical advice, but

E-Money posted:

We were ready for a baby, but I have no idea how we're going to afford literally doubling the costs of childcare once my wife goes back to work. Are nannies or nanny shares cheaper than straight childcare for multiples? Can you still pay a nanny with Dependent Care FSA money?

Nannies can definitely be cheaper depending on lots of factors, so at least research your options and yes, your DC FSA can be used to pay a nanny. Check with your FSA company to find out exactly how they handle those sorts of expenses.

ucmallory
Jun 23, 2005
Just a whine. I'm 26 weeks pregnant, and I'm really struggling on dealing with body image issues. Someone at church on Sunday told me my face is "full" now (as in, "Oh, look! You actually have a full face now! How cute!"). Two weeks ago, someone at work asked my due date and when I told them, they looked at me alarmed. Today, my boss told me I look 8 months pregnant.

My doctor/midwife seems completely fine with how much weight I've put on (~21 lbs, and I was normal weight before), but I just look so...big. I've already had to move from smalls in maternity sizes (where I started) to larges in underwear, bras, etc. My self-esteem is taking a hit. My husband is really supportive and keeps telling me "you're not fat, you're pregnant," but I keep thinking that people must be judging me for how big I am and thinking I'm out of control or something. How did you guys handle dealing with your weight and appearance/people's comments?

To put everything in perspective, I eat 300 more calories a day than I used to before I was pregnant and monitor everything on MyFitnessPal. The calories are almost exclusively "good" calories--lots of fruit, whole grains, etc. I also work out ~20-40 minutes 3-6 times a week by doing yoga and walking. I just seem big for where I am.

Just to be clear, I'm unfortunately not a "say something snotty back to them as a response" person. I'm more a "laugh awkwardly and then go cry when you're alone and feel lovely about yourself" person.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

ucmallory posted:

Just a whine. I'm 26 weeks pregnant, and I'm really struggling on dealing with body image issues. Someone at church on Sunday told me my face is "full" now (as in, "Oh, look! You actually have a full face now! How cute!"). Two weeks ago, someone at work asked my due date and when I told them, they looked at me alarmed. Today, my boss told me I look 8 months pregnant.

My doctor/midwife seems completely fine with how much weight I've put on (~21 lbs, and I was normal weight before), but I just look so...big. I've already had to move from smalls in maternity sizes (where I started) to larges in underwear, bras, etc. My self-esteem is taking a hit. My husband is really supportive and keeps telling me "you're not fat, you're pregnant," but I keep thinking that people must be judging me for how big I am and thinking I'm out of control or something. How did you guys handle dealing with your weight and appearance/people's comments?

To put everything in perspective, I eat 300 more calories a day than I used to before I was pregnant and monitor everything on MyFitnessPal. The calories are almost exclusively "good" calories--lots of fruit, whole grains, etc. I also work out ~20-40 minutes 3-6 times a week by doing yoga and walking. I just seem big for where I am.

Just to be clear, I'm unfortunately not a "say something snotty back to them as a response" person. I'm more a "laugh awkwardly and then go cry when you're alone and feel lovely about yourself" person.

Every time I tell someone how far along I am, they look at me in surprise and sometimes horror. I'm 31 weeks, but I'm HUGE. I've had more than one stranger assume I was due any day now. I asked my doctor about it the last time I saw him and he said that it was a combination of carrying high and the fact that I have a really short torso, but that the baby is growing normally and he's not concerned.

Basically? Screw people. Most of the time nobody has a really good idea what a pregnant woman "should" look like, and that's not including differences in body type or how you're carrying. Is your doctor happy? Then you're fine. If they thought it was a concern, you'd know.

As far as weight is concerned, same thing. I look like I swallowed a basketball and I've lost 22 pounds so far. It's how you're carrying. Again, appeal to your doctor's expertise and keep doing what's working for you.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
First, people are idiots, when it comes to pregnant women and their bodies. Most people do not spend enough time around pregnant women in order to understand what "normal" looks like. They also seem to lack all social IQ when it comes to talking about pregnant women and their bodies. Would you normally tell a woman that her face looks "full"? Then why the hell would you tell a pregnant woman that?! I know plenty of women who have been told that they look "tiny" and "HUGE" by two different people on the same day. The weird thing is, both people probably thought they were giving compliments. It's not easy, but try and ignore the stupid poo poo people say.

Second, my OB told me that there is only so much you can do to control weight gain. It sounds like you are generally eating healthy, and that's what matters. Hormones play a large role in weight gain. If your face is actually fuller you could be holding on to a lot of water weight, which is different than putting on fat. Try to be kind to yourself. You aren't in control of how your body will change over the next several months. That's about all you can do.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

ucmallory posted:

Sorry to hear that. I'm still early days pregmo (not had my scan or anything yet) and TBH I am absolutely relishing the opportunity to not feel bad about my body for once! I mean, I hope not to put too much weight on or be one of those 'I'm eating for two now' people but I'm rather looking forward to be like 'yeah my butt is big and my belly is sticking out, I'M PREGNANT!'

I spent most of my twenties dieting and being very strict with putting on weight, and I feel like it will be quite liberating for once to just let my body do it's thing. My boobs have already gone up a cup or two, I find it hilarious and quite nice as well, now that they have stopped aching so much. Pro-tip for UK peeps, Asda are selling off those Belvia bras for £4 a pop at the moment. I am practically living in them they are SO COMFORTABLE.

Anyway, my advice (I'm still early days though so this may change) is just accept you'll be a bit bigger for a while and don't stress out about it. It sounds like you're doing everything right. From what I've been told no two pregnancies are the same.

E-Money posted:

My wife and I went in for our first OB appointment today. She's 10 weeks pregnant and we were mentally prepared for every possible piece of news, but I was really optimistic that things were gonna be fine. Except for the fact that there are two loving babies in there!

There are definitely some exciting parts to the idea of having twins (getting it all over with in one go - we wanted to have two kids, them always having a partner in crime/someone to keep them entertained, etc) but I'm having trouble getting past the practicalities to feel excited.

I'm seeing the mid-wife for the first time on Friday this week, I guess some time after that I'll get the scan (UK goonettes how long on average will I have to wait for that?) and I have this weird feeling we're gonna have twins. I think it'd be cool for the same reasons you've listed, and also loving exhausting. Anyway. I can't wait to find out what's going on in there. I feel like I'm in a bit of a dream world at the moment where I am feeling tired and nauseous all the time and there is nothing to show at the moment. I found out back at the start of February so it's been a long old time. I'm really looking forward to being able to announce it properly to friends. We've told our families, but I'm looking forward to doing a goofy FB thing. *modern parenting*

Palisader posted:

I asked my doctor about it the last time I saw him and he said that it was a combination of carrying high and the fact that I have a really short torso, but that the baby is growing normally and he's not concerned.

I've got a ridiculously long torso so I'm gonna be interested to see how big I get. I'm also above average height so...I'm excited to see how I look! Is that weird?

ucmallory
Jun 23, 2005
Thanks, all. Hearing that other people are getting the comments too and that it truly is out of my control feels better. I also just sat here and typed all my pre-pregnancy info into three different online weight/calorie calculators, and they all said I should be eating 100 calories less than I currently am now to maintain THAT weight. So guess it truly is out of my control.

As an aside, I posted my other post in a local pregnancy group on Facebook, and one person commented and said that I should just learn to not care about it (gee thanks, never thought of that), and that I was just beginning the "huge" stage and still had a long way to go. NOT HELPFUL.

dopaMEAN
Dec 4, 2004

Rondette posted:

I've got a ridiculously long torso so I'm gonna be interested to see how big I get. I'm also above average height so...I'm excited to see how I look! Is that weird?

I'm 5'8" with a super long torso. I think I just looked heavy for most of the pregnancy. No strangers commented on it until 26ish weeks. Now that I'm 30 weeks I think I look more reliably pregnant, but I could still pass for an obese person if I dress right.

But I was also overweight before getting pregnant and have gained ~40lbs. I swear I'm not eating for two!

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
People are really eager to tell and ask pregnant women all kinds of inappropriate things. It is irritating and unlikely to change. If people you are close with say things please tell them how you feel about it. Feeling big seems to be the norm and you aren't alone.
Yoga and walking and staying active can really help your general mindset so keep it up while you can. Growing a baby is a lot of work physically and emotionally.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
I have a longer torso, and started out me pregnancy overweight (nearly obese). It made me crazy that people kept saying "Wow! You don't even look pregnant!" I knew my belly was bigger, and if I didn't look pregnant, that just meant that I looked fatter. Part of me wished I had a bigger belly so people would know that I was pregnant, not just gaining weight. At the same time, strangers never comment or touch your belly if they think you might just be a fat lady. It wasn't until a few weeks into my third trimester that people started asking me when I was due, etc. What I'm trying to say is that there are upsides and downsides to any type of pregnant body.

Staryberry fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 29, 2016

dopaMEAN
Dec 4, 2004

Staryberry posted:

I have a longer torso, and started out me pregnancy overweight (nearly obese). It made me crazy that people kept saying "Wow! You don't even long pregnant!" I knew my belly was bigger, and if I didn't look pregnant, that just meant that I looked fatter. Part of me wished I had a bigger belly so people would know that I was pregnant, not just gaining weight. At the same time, strangers never comment or touch your belly if they think you might just be a fat lady. It wasn't until a few weeks into my third trimester that people started asking me when I was due, etc. What I'm trying to say is that there are upsides and downsides to any type of pregnant body.

Samesies!

No one has tried touching my belly yet, at 30 weeks.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

dopaMEAN posted:

Samesies!

No one has tried touching my belly yet, at 30 weeks.

The only person who has tried so far has been a 10 year old (her hands were freezing cold too!) but I usually have my arms resting on my belly anyway, so I think it's a deterrent to touching.

It's like a natural armrest!

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

I have a long torso and am 5'10" and was very skinny and I was obviously pregnant showing at 12-13 weeks and HUGE by the time I had him. So huge.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

All I want to do is eat and sleep and be less bloated. At least two of these are achievable.

nyerf
Feb 12, 2010

An elephant never forgets...TO KILL!
Twins is always a tricky piece of news to give people. I've had people be over the moon, and I've had people burst into tears. Actually more tears than over the moon, though that might just be my anecdata :( My sister in law had non identical boys and got through it-- yes it will be harder, and depending on the type of twin pregnancy it might have a host of extra risks in addition to the usual stuff x2. But people do do it. Marshaling every resource starting from now will help-- my sister in law was literally rescued from being a hermit by her local multiples-mums group. One of the good things about Facebook these days :)

The SA parents group on Facebook has a couple of people who have had multiples in the past year so might be a handy place to start, but looking on fb in general usually uncovers a plethora of parenting resources, even if you live in the sticks like me.

Re: body image-- I was definitely one of those ,"you're pregnant? ?you don't look it!" types. I probably crossed the line from looking fat to obviously pregnant at around 30 weeks, and managed to look just 'on the bigger side' at work for at least another month after that thanks to baggy ugly maternity uniform that was essentially the same as the normal ugly uniform just baggy. At 39 weeks I finally look very pointedly pregnant, and there's a tiny bit of me that feels cheated out of more time being pregnant lol. Basically you can't win sometimes.

I had a crisis of confidence too though when my regular clothes started to not fit, particularly the bras. My midwife set me straight, and they regularly remind me that extra fat deposits are necessary for the times you won't want to eat because the baby will take up so much of your abdomen you won't be able to breathe easily, and particularly for breastfeeding, and the tiredness and sleep deprivation. Having comfortable clothes helped a great deal. I live in my partner's t-shirts a lot at home. When baby's movements were actually perceptible that helped too, because the reason for feeling tired and being heavier and bigger was more obvious :shobon:

But the thing that has helped me the most so far is not knowing at all how much weight I've put on. Not once have I been weighed by the midwives, and after the first 5kg (I think it was around 7 weeks in) I haven't gone near a set of scales myself. I live in blithe oblivion as to how much heavier I am, trusting in my body to tell me how much to eat or not eat. I figure I'll sort it out later, after we get breastfeeding established. In the meantime I keep to my usual basic nutrition principles- as many vegetables/fibre as I can get, good amounts of protein, minimal to no 'junk' food. This would be harder if I had lots of destructive food cravings but I don't, so ymmv. I've gone through weeks where I've been so hungry I'll eat everything, and then weeks where I'll eat normal amounts again. And it seems to work, my midwife keeps saying everything's growing 'perfictly (sic)' lol.

I think once it really dawned on me how much this kid is going to need from me (I mean, I knew from an objective perspective otherwise we wouldn't have tried to get pregnant at all) matters like what I look like seem to fade greatly in significance. I don't know if that's of any comfort at all. But you're definitely not alone in this journey! :glomp:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

nyerf posted:

Twins is always a tricky piece of news to give people. I've had people be over the moon, and I've had people burst into tears. Actually more tears than over the moon, though that might just be my anecdata :( My sister in law had non identical boys and got through it-- yes it will be harder, and depending on the type of twin pregnancy it might have a host of extra risks in addition to the usual stuff x2. But people do do it. Marshaling every resource starting from now will help-- my sister in law was literally rescued from being a hermit by her local multiples-mums group. One of the good things about Facebook these days :)

The SA parents group on Facebook has a couple of people who have had multiples in the past year so might be a handy place to start, but looking on fb in general usually uncovers a plethora of parenting resources, even if you live in the sticks like me.

I'm now convinced I am having twins, I haven't had my scans yet (GODDAMN I AM IMPATIENT TO) but I was looking at a list of things that make twins more likely/signs you're having twins and I was a little taken aback at how many things I could tick off.

*Over thirty
*Above average height
*Nausea from early on (and I'm just 9 weeks gone atm)
*Food intolerance (just ham and bread and chicken soup where I used to love curries and spicy foods until 3 weeks or so ago)
*Sore boobs (this was one of very early signs that I thought I might be pregnant, but my GOD they were sore for a couple of weeks- they have calmed down now though)
*Needing to piss more
*Utter exhaustion (Work part time and need to be up at 5am, but basically when I get home I can't bring myself to do anything other than sleep)
*Higher levels of hCG (my first piss-stick showed that second line almost immediately which apparently shows a strong likelihood of twinnage.)
*My heart has been thumping through my chest like a motherfucker, even when just lying down-having said that the midwife measured my BP and it was fine. I've also been getting out of breath really really easily.

This is the site I got my info from-
https://www.huggies.com.au/childbirth/multiple-births/twins/symptoms

Now I know most of these things you get in the early days anyway so I am probably just being over-dramatic, but I am bracing myself to hear that it could be a possibility.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Do twins run in your family?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

sheri posted:

Do twins run in your family?

No, that's one thing that is a negative.

VVV haha, I know right, sounds daft when I write it all down. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the scan says.VVV

Rondette fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 3, 2016

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Honestly all the things you listed sound like signs of being pregnant. ;)

sudont
May 10, 2011
this program is useful for when you don't want to do something.

Fun Shoe
Haha, yeah I had all of that except nausea from early on. Well, I dunno what my HCG level was. My heart freaked me out the most, I could SEE it beating in my chest. What a weird list, it's literally "these are symptoms of pregnancy"!

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
I have to agree with the list being odd! All those things (apart from being tall) happened to me when I was pregnant, and even with twins in the family I birthed a single baby :) For me, the thumpy heart and breathlessness turned out to be low iron, so having that checked is something I recommend.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I probably should have more iron in my diet. My partner has started making these smoothies with kale and mangoes and apples for me to shlurp down, to get some nutrients that way. I feel like I am coming out of the 'tired all the time' phase of things now, I had a couple of weeks where I was probably sleeping 12+ hours a day and it still didn't feel like enough. I'm in my 10th week now.

I got my scan date, it's not until the 25th April so I guess I will just have to be patient until then!

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010
Did anyone else's nausea actually get worse toward the end of the first trimester? Two days ago I felt decent enough to start thinking of going back to a normal work arrangement. Then yesterday was bad, and today is probably the worst day I've had since I started taking unisom/B6. I will be 13 weeks tomorrow. Everything I've read says things should be getting better. :(

right to bear karma
Feb 20, 2001

There's a Dr. Fist here to see you.
Sometimes the nausea will just stick around. I had it for the entirety of two of my pregnancies. My last one had a pretty rough spell around the beginning of the second trimester even with the zofran I was taking.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Yeah, mine was the worst during the end of my first trimester and for most of my second trimester. It improved slightly during the third, but didn't stop until after I gave birth. The anti nausea meds from my doctor did nothing :(

New Weave Wendy
Mar 11, 2007
I'm 22 weeks and still nauseous some days. It faded at around 12 weeks with my first pregnancy, blech.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
I'm almost to my 3rd tri and I still can't do cardio without severe nausea and constant dry heaving.

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

I just got a positive test today after having a lot of minor symptoms this week. Timing would put us at right around 5-5 1/2 weeks. I'm 31 and this is a first time pregnancy.

My husband and I had only agreed to start trying last month, so I'm sitting here just kind of stunned and terrified that something will go wrong, and so excited and nervous it's been an hour and a half since I tested and I'm still shaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kerafyrm posted:

I just got a positive test today after having a lot of minor symptoms this week. Timing would put us at right around 5-5 1/2 weeks. I'm 31 and this is a first time pregnancy.

My husband and I had only agreed to start trying last month, so I'm sitting here just kind of stunned and terrified that something will go wrong, and so excited and nervous it's been an hour and a half since I tested and I'm still shaking.

Ahh congratulations! ! I cried and was shaking when I got my positive, under similar 'wow that was quick' circumstances. It's so weird, everything and nothing has changed and won't for a while, but you know it is on the horizon. ...