Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Good track, Chance really fits well and shines as usual.

Still can't decide if I want to pull the trigger on CRJ tickets for this Friday at Terminal 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Still can't decide if I want to pull the trigger on CRJ tickets for this Friday at Terminal 5.

she's fantastic so yeah probably

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

The show will be great, but have fun with the secondary market?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
There were a few CraigsList listings up for face the last I checked but yeah, that's bleak.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Hold out for the show at Pinkberry

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm taking the drive for the Saturday show cause it's still 30 bucks.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I saw CRJ here last night in Providence and she was awesome. Just the purest and most emotive pop singer I've ever seen live. The crowd was an exquisite blend of bearded hipsters, twentysomething gay men with undercuts, and leftover tweens from the Call Me Maybe days who didn't know any better.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

exquisite tea posted:

I saw CRJ here last night in Providence and she was awesome. Just the purest and most emotive pop singer I've ever seen live. The crowd was an exquisite blend of bearded hipsters, twentysomething gay men with undercuts, and leftover tweens from the Call Me Maybe days who didn't know any better.

This was the audience at the last Marina show I went to but without the hipsters

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Tove Stryke did a cover for a Big Wild song. gently caress me, everything she does is gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71GmDRcQqog

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

God drat, if only I could afford to see Carly Rae Jepsen live every week. She was fanatastic at the non-airport Terminal 5 and sang Love Again for the encore.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Did crj have any openers?

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

weekly font posted:

Did crj have any openers?

Two openers. Fairground Saints, who only play five songs, and Cardiknox.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

interpunct posted:

Two openers. Fairground Saints, who only play five songs, and Cardiknox.

Yeah I just got out of the long Island show. It was fan loving tastic

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is this the right thread to talk about the new Birdy album? It's really good.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

No, sorry you must be confused. This is the thread where we rant about how lovely Carly Rae Jepsen's management team is :v:.

But yeah, the few songs I've heard from the new Birdy album have been great, I'll have to sit down and do a listen-through soon.

I also wanna plug Santigold's new album 99¢. Super catchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM71W6eI34w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KhulZlP1JA

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I didn't realize this was happening but Pet Shop Boys released a new album yesterday. Haven''t had a chance to listen to it but they rarely disappoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JF3Gj8U0YA

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Cerepol posted:

I didn't realize this was happening but Pet Shop Boys released a new album yesterday. Haven''t had a chance to listen to it but they rarely disappoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JF3Gj8U0YA

Yep, Super was released yesterday. It's the second out of three albums supposed to be produced by Stuart Price, so it's pretty much a continuation of their last album, Electric. It again sounds very electronic, and there are a couple of nearly-instrumentals.

As always, there are some absolute gems. The Dictator Decides is the lyrical highlight of the album, The Pop Kids is a catchy, and very 90s sounding first single. Undertow is fun as well, and Burn is probably the most poppers o'clock track they've released in the last ten years. Unfortunately there also are a few lowlights. None of the "instrumentals" reach the majesty they achieved with Axis on Electric: Pazzo! is a big nothing, and Happiness a questionable opener, even if Neils "Cotton Eye Joe" vocals do manage to stay in your head after a while.

All in all, it's a good album. There are more fully realized songs than on Electric, on the other hand it lacks the surprise factor and overall freshness of that album. Pet Shop Boys fan will find a lot to like, and so will everyone else who's looking some heavily 90s influenced dance pop.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgJFqVvb2Ws this made its way onto my youtube today. Pretty nice track, kind of par for the course for Tove Lo but surprisingly like Nick Jonas in this.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Where pop music sounds good:

1. On your headphones
2. On the radio
3. On your boombox
4. On your studio monitors
5. In the car, sitting at a traffic light, mouthing the lyrics
6. In the car, driving along, singing the lyrics
7. In the car, when your current jam starts playing on the radio after waiting for it for what feels like forfuckingever the second you pull into a parking lot so you end up sitting in your car for 3 minutes while singing the gently caress out of all the lyrics
8. Everywhere else

You are my kind of poster.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUz1CSt8LWc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8amLwmLp9pg

Blackbear can sound a bit like Bieber at times, but I'm liking what I'm hearing overall.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Boy Problems got a music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1LNQBX8JwE

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
A Love Song by Ladyhawke got a weird video, but I think I prefer the pixel art stuff shes been doing recently personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUwAnVX2ylc

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I heard a 5 Seconds of Summer song on the radio the other day and it's really nice that there's a band out there willing to get on the radio and advocate for Full Communism Now. (I only noticed because it sounds exactly like Hungry Like The Wolf)

Hey Everybody! posted:

She maxed her credit cards and don’t got a job
She pays the gas with all the change in her car
It’s not the end of the road
Yeah we’ve all been there before
And it goes oh oh oh oh oh oh

He’s walking home cause he can’t pay for the bus
He needs a dollar but he ain’t got enough
It’s not the end of the world
Yeah we’ve all been there before
And it goes oh oh oh oh oh oh

Hey everybody
We don't have to live this way
We can all get some
Yeah we can all get paid
So what you say everybody?
Gotta live it up today
We can all get some
Yeah we can all get paid

Oh oh oh
Oh oh oh
Oh oh oh

Don’t have your rent and it’s the first of the month
Your bank account has got insufficient funds
We can’t afford to give up
We gotta make our own luck
And it goes oh oh oh oh oh

Work every weekend just to get out of town
Everyone says that you’ll just turn back around
And what’s ironic to me the ones that don’t ever leave because they know

Hey everybody
We don't have to live this way
We can all get some
Yeah we can all get paid
So what you say everybody?
Gotta live it up today
We can all get some
Yeah we can all get paid

This is adorable, and I want gifs of the girl in the casket bobbing her head while on her phone, and the same girl taking a selfie in the casket.

I know it won't happen, but if there's any justice in the world this song will go to number one and make Emotion a hit. I just bought a third copy of the album and I don't think I can justify another copy. (bought it digital when it came out, vinyl when that came along a few months later, and just bought a CD copy to live in my car stereo)

edit: Hey look, Stereogum just put up an article about our favorite pop singer! The point is basically "boy this album cycle probably could have been done better but at least the music was good." I'm pulling the trigger on a pass to the Pitchfork festival because it will probably be one of her last shows before she dials into the next album completely, and I haven't seen her live yet.

Yoshifan823 fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 13, 2016

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

https://goo.gl/photos/vyatg1adhrqi6VEJ6

Saw CRJ today was pretty good. Cool T-Shirt too.

Francesco Yates opened up the whole thing and was alright. Doing the whole MJ/JT thing. Dance moves and all

CRJ was amazing. Much better live than I expected. She did "I Didn't Just Come Here to Dance" and asked everyone to dance at the beginning and then she picked out a couple of super excited and enthusiastic dancers to get up and dance with her at the end.

Hedley was not my cup of tea. I kinda left after about 6 songs.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Carly is a goddess but she had to sacrifice style and her long hair to get it.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Athletic Footjob posted:

Carly is a goddess but she had to sacrifice style and her long hair to get it.

Her short hair looks incredible tho.

Oh what the gently caress Prince is dead I am loving shaking right now. Unbelievable.

Sprat Sandwich fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 21, 2016

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Her short hair looks incredible tho.

Oh what the gently caress Prince is dead I am loving shaking right now. Unbelievable.

My first thought (after, you know, oh gently caress Prince is dead) was that Madonna had better look out. If these things really do come in threes, she's the next logical step after Bowie and Prince. Imagine if all of the sex in 70s-80s pop music died in one year.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Surely it's Jagger's turn?

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Definitely not a good year for pop royalty, first the Thin White Duke and now Prince.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm dreading the passing of Little Richard. I feel very sad for anyone who dies, but as far as famous musician deaths go, I feel that's the big one that'll have a really individual impact on me. I'm a huge fan of Little Richard. He's the greatest rock and roll singer there's ever been.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yoshifan823 posted:

This is adorable, and I want gifs of the girl in the casket bobbing her head while on her phone, and the same girl taking a selfie in the casket.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

You're a peach. (i tried to make a gif out of that first one for my avatar, but it was too big/unintelligable, so I'm going with the picture, because it's too funny not to. Sorry T-swizz, my heart, ears, and custom title belong to another now)

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Youtube Doubler won't work with this because of who the publishers are :argh: but I trust y'all can push buttons and get them more or less synched together:

Audio: Carly Rae (Let's Get Lost)
Video: Paula Abdul (Straight Up, duh)

What I mean is Emotion just made me feel all the correct things in my ancient heart, and now I have proof.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Beyonce's Album is up on TIDAL.

It seems real good.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Yeah, I'm watching the encore of her "visual album" thing on HBO right now. It's really goddamn something.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Still listening but yeah it's real good. I love 6 Inch and Daddy Lessons.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Popular Human posted:

Yeah, I'm watching the encore of her "visual album" thing on HBO right now. It's really goddamn something.

Yup. Very affecting.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Between the constant gently caress-ups of Tidal and being put on blast nationally by his wife, Jay-Z really isn't having a good 2016.

On the other hand, if you're stupid enough to cheat on Beyonce you deserve every dumb and terrible thing that happens to you.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Still listening but yeah it's real good. I love 6 Inch and Daddy Lessons.

Daddy Lessons is the best country song to come out in years.

I also dig 6 inch, Don't Hurt Yourself, and Freedom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Yoshifan823 posted:

Between the constant gently caress-ups of Tidal and being put on blast nationally by his wife, Jay-Z really isn't having a good 2016.

On the other hand, if you're stupid enough to cheat on Beyonce you deserve every dumb and terrible thing that happens to you.

I would like to post a hilarious update to this.

So apparently the lady that Jay-Z cheated on Bey with is Rachel Roy, some fashion person who I can't begin to give a poo poo about. She posted something really dumb on Instagram right as Lemonade was airing, and apparently got into a bit of a tiff with Solange right around the time Solange and Jay-Z got into it in an elevator. Naturally, Beyonce's fans are not happy with this lady, and are harassing her on Instagram and changing her Wikipedia and poo poo. Typical internet stuff. Unfortunately, some of them are not super good at reading, and got Rachel Roy confused with... well let me just show you.

https://twitter.com/rachelzarrell/status/724295986391044097