Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

jase1 posted:

This is getting easy.

drat dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
congrats again jase1

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

jase1 posted:

This is getting easy.

Lol

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Excellent.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
My bookie cut me off today. He will no longer take bets from me. Hopefully I find one that will accept my bets before the Cormier fight because I want to place a large wager on him. This is the first time since I started sports betting a couple of years ago that I have been dropped and it feels loving awesome! I use to hear my gambling friends talk about that and I never knew I would actually have that happen to me and it's all because of this thread. I use to come in here and be mocked and I had to prove you guys wrong or it would have drove me crazy. I am such a douche for getting all riled up about internet posts but I am glad I did because I learned how to bet sports in a way that won't break me. Thanks again thread for doing what you do I couldn't have done it without you guys mocking me for betting on MMA. I am sorry if I am rambling but I am still pretty drunk from last night and all of this was in my head so now it's time to go to bed.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

jase1 posted:

My bookie cut me off today. He will no longer take bets from me. Hopefully I find one that will accept my bets before the Cormier fight because I want to place a large wager on him. This is the first time since I started sports betting a couple of years ago that I have been dropped and it feels loving awesome! I use to hear my gambling friends talk about that and I never knew I would actually have that happen to me and it's all because of this thread. I use to come in here and be mocked and I had to prove you guys wrong or it would have drove me crazy. I am such a douche for getting all riled up about internet posts but I am glad I did because I learned how to bet sports in a way that won't break me. Thanks again thread for doing what you do I couldn't have done it without you guys mocking me for betting on MMA. I am sorry if I am rambling but I am still pretty drunk from last night and all of this was in my head so now it's time to go to bed.

i'm legitimately really happy that you beat the man, good luck on the poker

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

jase1 posted:

inspiring

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

jase1 posted:

lol nice

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

jase1 posted:

Youve done a lot for us too

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

jase1 posted:

feel good story of the year

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Jase won

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

mods please give the man a celebratory name change

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
First time betting on mma, & putting money on Magny & Dan Kelly was very bad for my heart

Thrawn
Sep 10, 2004

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

jase1 posted:

:patriot:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Le Saboteur posted:

You're well on your way to a great career in MMA betting.

As of today, DraftKings has suspended operations in NY so my MMA betting career lasted one, glorious, card.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

manyak posted:

He probably genuinely doesnt care that much, hes a compulsive gambler and if all his gambling stories he posts are true (maybe) he will sit down at a poker table with a couple grand and get drunk and lose it pretty often so a few bucks on MMA every couple weeks wouldnt matter that much to him. Hes just really defensive and combative so he is gonna have that reaction when a bunch of people make fun of him and his picks. he probably gets more enjoyment from gloating here about his rare wins than he does from actually winning the 10 bucks or whatever

Manyak is smart

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

jase1 posted:

My bookie cut me off today. He will no longer take bets from me. Hopefully I find one that will accept my bets before the Cormier fight because I want to place a large wager on him.

Maybe it's a sign.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Bundt Cake posted:

Manyak is smart

Scrolling down I found this:

MrSmokes posted:

I know Rothwell has a better looking record, but I think Vera has shown more talent in his fights. Rothwell hasn't looked good in any of his UFC fights. His best performance was his first round KO against Schaub, after he got rocked with a spinning back elbow and managed to clip Schaub's chin in a wild exchange. Vera hasn't looked very good lately either, but most of his recent losses are to high level fighters like Shogun, Jones, and Couture (and lots of people thought he beat Randy.) I think Vera will win a decision in this fight by having a speed advantage and a more diverse attack.

I miss the Vera era even if this is like 3 years late

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I still agree with MrSmokes assessment

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
wasn't Vera winning that fight until Rothwell got mad and started dancing at him, and the very first move of his dance routine was getting dropped by Vera

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I'm not gonna lie it's been enjoyable watching most of the posters in here eat their own words.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

jase1 posted:

I'm not gonna lie it's been enjoyable watching most of the posters in here eat their own words.

equally it's been a pleasure watching your journey, the highs, the unwavering faith in robbie lawler, the lows, and nearly killing dada5000

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Triticum Guzzler posted:

wasn't Vera winning that fight until Rothwell got mad and started dancing at him, and the very first move of his dance routine was getting dropped by Vera

yeah

https://streamable.com/vt9g

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

jase1 posted:

I like that you enjoy gambling on mma and it was cool when people were mad that you bet on a sport you had little attachment to but had more of a literal investment in it than they did.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Posting to click the question mark under my username to see if I have any words I need to eat other than "lol." Jase 1, it's been a fun ride. I hope the hot streak continues not only in MMA, but in poker, pool, and life. And I mean that.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
in regards to jase1:

Bubba Smith posted:

You're my hero. :patriot:

Also Reminder:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

let's organise a colemancaust memorial bet for ufc 200 where everybody agrees to throw away thousands on an unwinnable bet

We've got Cain vs Browne and Diaz vs Conor 2 so far. Maybe Conor McGregor knows the best way for him to beat Nate Diaz is to have a hundred goons risk $50 on him. It's all starting to make sense.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
There is going to be a lot of money down on Nate in this thread come UFC 200. Especially if he starts an underdog.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I put $100 on Conor when he fought Mendez and lost. Then I bet $20 against Conor when he fought Aldo, and lost. Then I did a probation bet against Conor when he was fighting Diaz, and won. I'm willing to put some money on the rematch. I don't know why I obsessively bet against Conor, I haven't done this with any other fighter.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Vomik posted:

Scrolling down I found this:

I miss the Vera era even if this is like 3 years late

lol I should have known Vera just wasn't that good and Rothwell could have just blasted him any time. I don't know why I typed all those words for a trashweight fight.

(to be fair though, Vera was winning the way I said until he lost)

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

mewse posted:

I put $100 on Conor when he fought Mendez and lost. Then I bet $20 against Conor when he fought Aldo, and lost. Then I did a probation bet against Conor when he was fighting Diaz, and won. I'm willing to put some money on the rematch. I don't know why I obsessively bet against Conor, I haven't done this with any other fighter.

I bet money for Jones to lose against Matyushenko, Bader and Vera because they were all +350 or so. It took me forever to finally come around to "hm, maybe he's a giant favourite every fight for a reason".

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I'm still putting money down on DC against Jones. It feels like the right thing to do.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Vera has always been very good technique-wise at grappling, wrestling, and striking, and despite that he has also always been a very bad fighter

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

fatherdog posted:

Vera has always been very good technique-wise at grappling, wrestling, and striking, and despite that he has also always been a very bad fighter

i think he mentally broke when sylvia mauled him

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

mewse posted:

Those were all great bets from a value perspective. You're only doing it with him because he brings really skewed odds to the table with his hype and it's gotta come crushing down at some point.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
Then again; hat

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Kurohashi posted:

Those were all great bets from a value perspective. You're only doing it with him because he brings really skewed odds to the table with his hype and it's gotta come crushing down at some point.

I dunno, Mendes at +160 on short notice doesnt seem like amazing value, seems about right to me. And if anything now that weve seen how the fight went, getting Aldo at even odds doesnt seem like good value at all, if they rematch and you can get Conor at even money that seems like big value

Diaz at +350 or whatever was pretty great value though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I bet $10 on Conor vs Mendes and have not and would not bet on him in any other fight he's been in, because in every fight pre-Mendes he was the overdog and in every fight he had post-Mendes I had no idea who was going to win