Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

What the gently caress? Is this true?
WHAT THE gently caress?

HA! Now the cat is dancing to a different tune :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Manos, the Posts of Suck. I am the most uncivil meat.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Mirificus posted:

Katherine.jpg?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=535

can't see MOMA's "mom's" face in that photo to compare to microwave's mom

sometimes it's better not to find out lest you be disappointed

in hindsight i probably should've posted that before making the ancient forums reference

welp

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Ash1138 posted:

more like there isn't a lot of give with how far you can or should move around a toilet unless you're designing a hideously wasteful mcmansion

One should raise the issue that bidets should be next to toilets. Seems barbaric to just have a toilet in the year 2945.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

BeefThief posted:

$4,000 in space jpegs...what were you thinking? How many others are out there with no self control, no grip on reality and no sense
There are regular posters in this thread that spent almost as much and until shortly after 2.0 came out there were a couple of people with $5k+, not counting Bootcha.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Someone find the old thread and begin the shaming.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I spent over $1000 on something this year

It was a new computer that I'll never play Star Citizen on

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Ash1138 posted:

more like there isn't a lot of give with how far you can or should move around a toilet unless you're designing a hideously wasteful mcmansion

Poor Sarsapariller...

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

mp5 posted:

Thanks citizen, as long as the jacket wasn't photoshopped its fine

No shopping, that's straight from the horse's mouth.

That's it! Do you have a link for future reference?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

orcinus posted:

You've made me do this.
Before sleep.

I hope you're happy.

so is it confirmed that the guy in the bunny pedo picture is the same guy who put $4k thinking he is special but later on just became a special child?

fakeedit: otherwise known as Manwithmanyanus?

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 23, 2016

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Colostomy Bag posted:

One should raise the issue that bidets should be next to toilets. Seems barbaric to just have a toilet in the year 2945.
aren't there toilet/bidet combos in the year of our lord 2016?

aren't there toilet/sink combos in the year of our stimperor 2945?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I give it 24 hours until they announce the 'Blesnick Carrier - Manatee Class' , only $10,000 (for the bare deck edition) as a final last ditch effort to fleece the whales

Someone already called it about 5 pages ago, and I'm way too lazy to find it

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Mirificus posted:

Poor Sarsapariller...
i'm a wageslave plebescrub so i can only afford the most efficiently spaced bathroom

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

orcinus posted:

You've made me do this.
Before sleep.

I hope you're happy.

:stonklol:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Mirificus posted:

Poor Sarsapariller...

Tbh the man of many aliases' willingness to just say 'yeah I spent four grand on a nonexistent video game, and I'm happy with that' seems more respectable than Sarsapariller getting a refund and then seeing a spaceship jpeg under a cardboard box held up by a stick and buying back in for $2.5k

Like, at least stick to your guns on this poo poo

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ash1138 posted:

i'm a wageslave plebescrub so i can only afford the most efficiently spaced bathroom

Why remain a hostage of the jews central bankers? Switch to a currency backed by math and you too can become a captain of industry.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

aren't there toilet/bidet combos in the year of our lord 2016?

aren't there toilet/sink combos in the year of our stimperor 2945?

Yeah, bidets are also drinking fountains in the Stimpire. Reminds me, I need to get shitter insurance on that drat thing.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

MeLKoR posted:

No shopping, that's straight from the horse's mouth.

That's it! Do you have a link for future reference?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&pagenumber=49&perpage=40#post431120078

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hahaha, thanks, that never gets old.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, bidets are also drinking fountains in the Stimpire. Reminds me, I need to get shitter insurance on that drat thing.
i don't want to think about the toilets on the farm ship. all that roughage they must eat? murder on the plumbing

MeLKoR posted:

Why remain a hostage of the jews central bankers? Switch to a currency backed by math and you too can become a captain of industry.
more realistic than becoming a captain of an idris

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

I give it 24 hours until they announce the 'Blesnick Carrier - Manatee Class' , only $10,000 (for the bare deck edition) as a final last ditch effort to fleece the whales

Someone already called it about 5 pages ago, and I'm way too lazy to find it

Next concept sales by my estimation:

1) Dragonfly - probably around $85 for this fart in the wind
2) Buccaneer - The concept too lazy to draw a jpeg for. Just some words. Guessing $110.
3) Polaris class Corvette - This is the big daddy, and after the failure of the Blade sale I expect this to roll out next. $750-$900. Cash cow.

There is a 4th one that escapes me.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
I wonder if they'll implement that the poo poo you take in the toilet on your farm ship can be used as fertilizer for your 5 potato plants. I won't feel immersed unless I can fertilize with my own poo poo.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ash1138 posted:

No one would have believed, in the last days of MtGoX, that there could be a worse "investment" than buttcoins and yet here we are.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Colostomy Bag posted:

1) Dragonfly - probably around $85 for this fart in the wind
2) Buccaneer - The concept too lazy to draw a jpeg for. Just some words. Guessing $110.
3) Polaris class Corvette - This is the big daddy, and after the failure of the Blade sale I expect this to roll out next. $750-$900. Cash cow.

There is a 4th one that escapes me.

Nah, I predict that they move on to selling property. Ships might be played out, I mean how many light fighters does a person really need, but no one has been able to purchase a floating condo.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I'm personally not going to buy back in for a third time unless they fix the bathroom doors once and for all. The lack of privacy is anathema to my immersion. 09

Maldavos
May 26, 2015
Grimey Drawer

Ash1138 posted:

:iceburn:

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

BeefThief posted:

I'm personally not going to buy back in for a third time unless they fix the bathroom doors once and for all. The lack of privacy is anathema to my immersion. 09

I'm waiting for procedurally generated birds before I back.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
lol I was just getting up to date in the Walking Dead thread, what is it with assholes and meltdowns today? Now THIS is what I call a a proper meltdown.

:siren: WARNING: DO NOT CLEAR THE SPOILER TAG IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE LATEST EPISODE :siren:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 23, 2016

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

lol I was just getting up to date in the Walking Dead thread, what is it with assholes and meltdowns today?

:siren: WARNING: DO NOT CLEAR THE SPOILER TAG IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE LATEST EPISODE :siren:

I hadn't seen it but meh, still going to watch it. Just reminds me of a feminist getting bolted through the head during one of her rants.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Solomonic posted:

Tbh the man of many aliases' willingness to just say 'yeah I spent four grand on a nonexistent video game, and I'm happy with that' seems more respectable than Sarsapariller getting a refund and then seeing a spaceship jpeg under a cardboard box held up by a stick and buying back in for $2.5k

Like, at least stick to your guns on this poo poo

ManAnus is defensive as hell actually and completely disinterested in figuring out what's true if it means he might have been wrong. Sarsapariller is at least open-minded enough to re-examine his opinions in the light of new evidence, even if it resulted in an error of judgement. Way better imo.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

1500 posted:

Nah, I predict that they move on to selling property. Ships might be played out, I mean how many light fighters does a person really need, but no one has been able to purchase a floating condo.

If a corporation can buy an entire planet, then there is already an in-lore justification for property sales.

Who is going to be the first to drop $50,000+ to buy a capital ship construction platform on Crusader with the promise that you can build Idrises?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Daztek posted:

Some good journalism from INN

STAR CITIZEN: NO FAITH REQUIRED

I feel like I am getting trolled

So, this dude has a book on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Distended-Eye-Fredrik-L-Knudsen/dp/0692647317#reader_0692647317

quote:

Demarreio's phone wailed an alarm through its tinny speaker and flashed the hour: 3:30 am

Marvelous.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

ManAnus is defensive as hell actually and completely disinterested in figuring out what's true if it means he might have been wrong. Sarsapariller is at least open-minded enough to re-examine his opinions in the light of new evidence, even if it resulted in an error of judgement. Way better imo.

Agreed. I'm sad that Sarsapariller left in shame.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

A Neurotic Jew posted:

This is a reasonable interpretation that I had not considered previously and so I think by the rules of Star Citizen I'm now required to meltdown about it challenging my worldview.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

:shrug:

What's true to who? No game is released - poo poo can be sold. If it doesn't happen in a year or two by beta, I drop my poo poo and I'm out.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tokamak posted:

If a corporation can buy an entire planet, then there is already an in-lore justification for property sales.

Who is going to be the first to drop $50,000+ to buy a capital ship construction platform on Crusader with the promise that you can build Idrises?

The only thing those nutfucks would construct is space vaginas.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The worst thing about the floating platforms of Crusader is that they've released a concept of it in August 2013. This was around the same time that they released a concept for ArcCorp. So the only new information we have about one of their earliest planet-side locations is leaked concept art.

- 2013 concept
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/13205-Concept-Art-Crusader

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Colostomy Bag posted:

This would make more marketing sense than a low-cost scrub-mobile-- but then again, they can get little ships into the PU without THAT much difficulty (in CIG terms).

The new Corvette seems like a buttload of new engineering debt. Does it still take 23 people to fly it (human and NPC)? Or was that the earlier version?

Whatever they roll out next, I'd assume it's for the mega-whales. They'll be the last to capitulate.

If CIG is close to unveiling female NPCs, they'd probably make a fortune selling hot ones to accompany lonely smugglers and space heroes on their adventures in spaaaaaaaace.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 23, 2016

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Star Citizen was always bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

:shrug:

What's true to who? No game is released - poo poo can be sold. If it doesn't happen in a year or two by beta, I drop my poo poo and I'm out.
ya I'm sure it'll be a buyer's market when the failure is so obvious that dupes like you decide to sell off their thousands in ships

unless you mean to get a refund then lol just lol

• Locked thread