Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

dog days are over posted:

I'm of the opinion that tree kangaroos and binturongs are CUTE AS HECK. You may disagree but that's on you, buddy.

Don't binturongs naturally smell of popcorn? I seem to remember hearing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Cool, it's a new thread. Hey, people reading this when this thread is like a thousand pages long, check out Quokkas.

The Quokka is a small cat-sized mammal that lives on the small islands off the coast of western Australia, where they are pretty much completely left alone by the local wildlife. Since almost no humans live out on those islands, the vast overwhelming majority of Quokkas have never seen one and thus have no fear of people. But even then, Quokkas don't do anything and they probably don't taste good so people that do live around them just leave them alone. They have no fear of anything, really; the only real natural predators of the Quokka are birds, which they can get away from by hiding in the forest, and foxes which they can hide from by burrowing in the dirt/sand. They're so friendly, in fact, that people take selfies with them.

Here is a really really emo-scene dude with a heart of gold feeding some Quokkas leaves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FEtKPRxYEs

edit: I should note that you are legally not allowed to touch the Quokkas so 3OH3 McBullet-For-My-Valentine up there is incurring a 300 buckaroo fine by palling around with them but it's not like the Quokkas care.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 08:02 on Mar 23, 2016

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Requesting fat n happy baby farm animals.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Why are you not allowed to touch the Quokkas? A pre-emptive "we've hosed up most every other species we've found, let's not do the same to this one"?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
They're wild animals and it stresses them.

Because there's always someone who think "touching" means chasing down, lifting up by the tail and tormenting while they smile for the camera.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/2FxElEg.gifv

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

davidspackage posted:

Don't binturongs naturally smell of popcorn? I seem to remember hearing that.
yes! the chemical they spray to mark their territory smells exactly like buttered popcorn :kimchi:
A Good Animal.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Still no pandas on the new thread??

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elias_Maluco posted:

Still no pandas on the new thread??

Not a panda. :colbert:

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

whiteyfats posted:

It looks a like red one to me.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I still maintain my stance that red pandas are cheating. There's just no way to be that cute legitimately.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

whiteyfats posted:

Looks like you are not sufficiently aware of red pandas

This thread might help

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3702007

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Anyone have pictures of cute fluffy cloud dogs? American Eskimos/husky/Samoyeds/etc

Had a dream about a puppy we had a long time ago. Snowy was a small fluffy cloud dog, the pound had no idea what breed he was. All we know was that he was white, fuzzy, with an adorable black nose and for some reason the most stunning golden eyes. Unfortunately he passed away two weeks after we got him since he picked up some sort of fatal disease from the pound. I was too young to know what it was. I've never seen any dog with those eyes since, makes me wonder what he would have looked like grown up.

Xun has a new favorite as of 13:18 on Mar 23, 2016

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Xun posted:

Anyone have pictures of cute fluffy cloud dogs? American Eskimos/husky/Samoyeds/etc

Look no further than Sir Harvard Dangerfield, Boston's favorite samoyed

Also this picture of a samoyed with a soon-to-be-large cloud dogge

Never Not Post Samoyeds

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Xun posted:

Had a dream about a puppy we had a long time ago. Snowy was a small fluffy cloud dog, the pound had no idea what breed he was. All we know was that he was white, fuzzy, with an adorable black nose and for some reason the most stunning golden eyes. Unfortunately he passed away two weeks after we got him since he picked up some sort of fatal disease from the pound. I was too young to know what it was. I've never seen any dog with those eyes since, makes me wonder what he would have looked like grown up.

https://twitter.com/Animal_R_Us/status/712437539001536512

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Nordick posted:

Well, the new thread has certainly hit the ground running. :kimchi:

Status report: Harley still has a thing for cups.

https://i.imgur.com/nilPrg1.mp4

Death to all imperialist cups

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
Someone asked for hounds?

http://i.imgur.com/xOuoW2jl.jpg
My hound mutt as a puppy.

http://i.imgur.com/BCbGozCl.jpg
All grown up.

Not hounds but:
http://i.imgur.com/TIGUcIwl.jpg
They're Masai mutt puppies.

http://i.imgur.com/5erIuTwl.jpg

Other animals!
http://i.imgur.com/RI6Vpgtl.jpg
Hyena Cubs (chewing on a rope as part of a friend's hormone research)

(Phone posting, so if I messed up the pictures sorry. )

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Hello! I posted this in the herp megathread, but I think Ginger is adorable enough to be posted here, too. :colbert:

Geckos are the bessst.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
My boyfriend sent these to me last night from a FB group he's part of. He knows I have a marked weakness for pibbles of all shapes and sizes.

I think he said her name is Calliope and SHE LOVES HER DRESS

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Why are you not allowed to touch the Quokkas? A pre-emptive "we've hosed up most every other species we've found, let's not do the same to this one"?

Spoilered because this is supposed to be a feelgood thread: Because people are loving awful to animals. I've been to Rottnest and while the vast majority of people are just fine around them, there are always some idiots (also children) who feel a need to get extremely touchy, if not downright confrontational. I saw a tourist on a bicycle who was too loving stupid to pay attention to the path in front of him run over a quokka's tail, and another dead quokka just off the sidewalk near a visitor's center (presumably also got bicycled). There's also those rumors of teenagers on holidays who go to Rottnest, get drunk, and play "quokker" (imagine quokka + soccer...) People can be the worst thing about nature.

Quokkas are so cute and innocent though and they're legit one of the chillest creatures on Earth. :3:

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Not sure if this fits here
http://i.imgur.com/bgVhAbG.gifv

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Aaaaa the way they stretch their mouth. :3: It's not an especially flattering look, but it reminds me of my own dog's mannerisms.

sex shop clearance rack
Jan 20, 2011
Hooray! My favorite thread gets a reboot. And this time, I have something to contribute! :yayclod:

A bit ago my fiancée and I came home to find some baby squirrels outside or front door. It was fairly cold that day, and they were huddled together for warmth, so we decided to take them out back to our only tree, in hopes of reuniting them with their mother. I warmed them up in my palm, made a little warm nest for them under the tree with my shirt, and we went inside.

About 30 minutes later, we decided to check up on them, and possibly retrieve my shirt. Turns out they were still there, but now that they had warned up a little were wiggling around all over the place. The fiancée looked up the location of the nearest wildlife shelter, and we took them to it just as the sun went down. I like to imagine they remember us fondly :3:

Here's a picture of one of them clinging to me like a tree:

Somebody has a new favorite as of 16:08 on Mar 23, 2016

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

ACTION AMERICAN posted:

Here's a picture of one of them clinging to me like a tree:

A good squirble

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
A horse in a suit A HORSE IN A SUIT:

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Kitten cuteness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYaAMfGqhnY

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

I knew Bojack would finally get that GQ spread :3:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Xun posted:

Two weeks ago, I attended Crufts on the Working and Pastoral day. Here is the album. It has what you need, and more.

Previews:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elias_Maluco posted:

Looks like you are not sufficiently aware of red pandas

This thread might help

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3702007

Still not a panda. :colbert: although so cute is should be illegal. :kimchi:

rotoscoped
Oct 30, 2010

my cat is norris posted:

Hello! I posted this in the herp megathread, but I think Ginger is adorable enough to be posted here, too. :colbert:

Geckos are the bessst.

It looks like it has giant cartoon eyelashes :kimchi:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

whiteyfats posted:

Still not a panda. :colbert: although so cute is should be illegal. :kimchi:

Technically they're more a 'panda' than the Giant Panda.

IIRC, the Red Pandas were named first, and then some people were like "well, the giant panda sort of looks like a big version of that? Guess it's a panda, too!" and for the longest time you'd hear statements like,
"Neither koala bears nor panda bears are actually bears!" when in fact it was discovered that yeah, they're pretty much bears. (Panda bears, that is...koalas certainly aren't bears.)

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

rotoscoped posted:

It looks like it has giant cartoon eyelashes :kimchi:
Maybe she's born with it... maybe it's Maybelline.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Darth Walrus posted:

Two weeks ago, I attended Crufts on the Working and Pastoral day. Here is the album. It has what you need, and more.

Previews:

All I see are clouds

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

Look at this rear end in a top hat

He's tired in the mornings

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

gently caress yes, more Samoyeds please
I need to figure out where she walks him so I can skulk around there and hope I run into him

Darth Walrus posted:

Previews:

A+ dogs, v. jealous, and I must say, my Great Pyr is far worse at dancing than her ability to rear up much like that one in photo #2 there would imply

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

We used to have a Welsh Springer that would do this--just get up on his hind legs and ever-so-gently put his paws on your chest.

When he did it to my mom, she used to take his paws, look him in the eyes, and go "No, my dance card is full" before making him get down.

His name was Argos, after Odysseus' faithful dog that waited 20 years for him to return in "The Odyssey". The story is that upon Odysseus' return when Argos recognized his master, he looked up, wagged his tail once, then laid his head down and died peacefully.

...gently caress, now I miss him all over again. :cry:

E: for content. This was in the last picture thread but I feel like it bears reposting:

That's a face that says "PUSH ME AROUND SOME. :mad:"

Fritz Coldcockin has a new favorite as of 22:03 on Mar 23, 2016

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Stroop There It Is posted:

gently caress yes, more Samoyeds please

Never Not Post Samoyeds

Skookum, latest in a long line of Skookums stretching way back through the ages, is another bona fide cloud of occassional grumpiness.

He boats!

He sleeps!

Sometimes he looks concerned!

Yes I do follow multiple samoyeds on instagram, why do you ask.

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology
Did I miss the Red Panda train?

Ring-tailed Lemurs are better though.

Alter Ego posted:

That's a face that says "PUSH ME AROUND SOME. :mad:"

I would gladly give that lion a wheelbarrow ride :)

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
My friend decided to try leaving his puppy alone at home while he was at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Bobby Digital posted:

My friend decided to try leaving his puppy alone at home while he was at work

Looks like it went well.