Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
How's The Amazing World of Gumball doing? I haven't really gotten to watch it lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I can't remember if this was mentioned already, but where is a good platform to view this 'Miraculous Ladybug' show? It looks super cute, and I need something cute to tide me over until the next 'We Bare Bears' drop.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Applewhite posted:

How's The Amazing World of Gumball doing? I haven't really gotten to watch it lately.

Still good.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

FELD1 posted:

I can't remember if this was mentioned already, but where is a good platform to view this 'Miraculous Ladybug' show? It looks super cute, and I need something cute to tide me over until the next 'We Bare Bears' drop.
English:
Nick airs it in america. here's their website, with some of the full episodes.
http://www.nick.com/miraculous-series/

French:
There are two subbing groups for Miraculous Ladybug from French to English. http://mlsubbing.co provides the srt files, and a guide to install them on raws. The other one, Miraculousubs, has some of the episodes on their youtube channel, and their srts are on their tumblr, which I can't link.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Which do you recommend for Miraculous Ladybug, the French or English version?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Applewhite posted:

Neither have I aside from this clip.

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o4b6pl8ppb1rrfw03_480.mp4

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Whoa. That's from Gumball??

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Incredible. Also great music choice.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Senerio posted:

English:
Nick airs it in america. here's their website, with some of the full episodes.
http://www.nick.com/miraculous-series/

French:
There are two subbing groups for Miraculous Ladybug from French to English. http://mlsubbing.co provides the srt files, and a guide to install them on raws. The other one, Miraculousubs, has some of the episodes on their youtube channel, and their srts are on their tumblr, which I can't link.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Gann Jerrod posted:

Which do you recommend for Miraculous Ladybug, the French or English version?

FRENCH

It's decent in English, but the French version is a lot better.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Don't know if you guys follow Pan-Pizza (RebelTaxi) but he's just done a new review covering the old Mega Man cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0WpGRNWHUE

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Red Bones posted:

Are there any good shows that are new or upcoming that are replacing Wander and Gravity Falls in the "lots of good cartoons airing" zeitgeist?

Wakfu is getting a third season. Outside of that we're in a bit of a dry patch.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Junior Jr. posted:

Don't know if you guys follow Pan-Pizza (RebelTaxi)

Why would I?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Gumball is still really good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecjsQ6GkO5o

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Holy poo poo I don't remember Gumball being this good. I got a lot to catch up on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It started getting really great in the third season when they had an episode entirely dedicated to the VAs for Gumball and Darwin becoming too old and needing to be replaced.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Megaspel posted:

Holy poo poo I don't remember Gumball being this good. I got a lot to catch up on.

I don't get what's so special about that screenshot that's making you all lose your minds.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Both of them are videos, though? Are you confusing the webm for a picture?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

:downs: I guess I was. Usually these things start when you just click anywhere on the video, didn't know you had to actually click the play button on this one.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

I really like this image, because it basically sums up the character dynamics in like 2 seconds in the theme song.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Senerio posted:

I really like this image, because it basically sums up the character dynamics in like 2 seconds in the theme song.

I watched some of this last night, it wasn't bad. It's like if Sailor Moon and Spider-Man had a kid. It felt very formulaic, but it was generally funny and had some good animation bits despite being on a budget. The finale episodes were pretty interesting, if they decide to make it a more serialized WITCH-style show in the second season, it would be a good way for the show to move forward.

Senerio posted:

The first season finale of Miraculous Ladybug came out in Canada. It was a solid episode, and the cliffhanger makes me really want to see season 2. It also had my new favorite gif:

As a result of this, I also watched the origin episodes, which aired earlier than that in Canada, but were apparently supposed to be the final episodes. They were really neat too.

(This scene is adorable in context)

Overall, I'd say it's a fun season of television, and I really liked both of the main characters.

And yes, it's very GIFable.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, I'm guessing one of the reasons it's so formulaic is because literally everywhere has a different viewing order. Hopefully they get that sorted out for Season 2, and that gives us more of an arc.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Good, so I wasn't the only one who noticed. That bargain bin Mii theme made me crazy.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Senerio posted:

Yeah, I'm guessing one of the reasons it's so formulaic is because literally everywhere has a different viewing order. Hopefully they get that sorted out for Season 2, and that gives us more of an arc.
If the french iTunes viewing order for Gravity Falls is any indication of how it was aired, we, as in the French, seem to be among the most backward nations when it comes to consider cartoons as entertainment for more than kids. As in, we don't believe that cartoons can be serialized. No wait, we made Wakfu, so that doesn't make sense.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
To be fair, the finale kinda leads into a concept that could result in a more serialized result.

It could also result in a new status quo for each episode to work from.

Hoping for the former, but the latter wouldn't be the worst thing.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

X_Toad posted:

If the french iTunes viewing order for Gravity Falls is any indication of how it was aired, we, as in the French, seem to be among the most backward nations when it comes to consider cartoons as entertainment for more than kids. As in, we don't believe that cartoons can be serialized. No wait, we made Wakfu, so that doesn't make sense.

I'm on the understanding the Streaming to Own deal is a loving mess across the board in with Disney, a cursory check shows that they still haven't bothered to put up anything of Gravity Falls post season 1

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 23, 2016

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Senerio posted:

To be fair, the finale kinda leads into a concept that could result in a more serialized result.

It could also result in a new status quo for each episode to work from.

Hoping for the former, but the latter wouldn't be the worst thing.

Yeah, absolutely. The last three episodes were by far the best. Even the formulaic episodes weren't really bad; it just felt a bit "Oh yeah, I see how this works" because a non-kid viewer is already genre savvy enough to see what they're drawing from and referencing. Kids won't get tired of the formula for a much longer period of time. It is not much unlike Sailor Moon in that regard, because that took a while to really shake up its formula. I think what kept that from going stale even though it was very formulaic (in the first show, at least) was its constant introduction of new teammembers and character specific episodes. If they go that route Miraculous won't get stale.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I mean, to be fair, at this point we've seen all of the current students akumatized, which means they'll either need to introduce a lot more characters or come up with new plots, anyway.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

X_Toad posted:

Wakfu literally had a year between episodes it didn't get a break either.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I was on the understanding that was Ankama's fault rather than France 3 having a stick up their bum about how to not release things.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

So I just watched a couple of episodes of 'Miraculous Ladybug.' It's pretty simplistic, but the storylines are cute. However, what really shines are the character designs. They're all very unique and move very fluidly. It's a treat to watch, and I'm a sucker for cheesy transformation sequences (Power Rangers fan here).

Thanks, Senario, for turning me onto this. I never would've given it a shot or even heard of it otherwise.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

FELD1 posted:

So I just watched a couple of episodes of 'Miraculous Ladybug.' It's pretty simplistic, but the storylines are cute. However, what really shines are the character designs. They're all very unique and move very fluidly. It's a treat to watch, and I'm a sucker for cheesy transformation sequences (Power Rangers fan here).

Thanks, Senario, for turning me onto this. I never would've given it a shot or even heard of it otherwise.

Power Ranger fan here as well, I don't want to overhype, but if Season 2 does become more serialized then I'm straight up expecting this to go full sentai, not Super sentai with a giant robot but still pretty sentai.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm glad that I'm getting more eyes on the show because I really like it.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I just wanted to say real quick, I love Clarence. I mean, I really really love Clarence.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Ok, sorry thread for bringing up Miraculous Ladybug again, but I am finding it insanely difficult to access this show right now. The first two episodes I watched were in French with English subtitles (which would be my preferred viewing style), but the only other consistent English subtitled videos I can find are over the Korean dub of the show. I decided I'd bite the bullet and just watch the English dub on Hulu Plus, but the episodes are in a different order, the character names are different, and only a random handful of episodes are even available. That's not even to mention that the show hasn't even finished airing in the US.

I mean, I want to support the show legitimately, but drat they're making it difficult.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
It's not really a kids' show but considering this has become the TVIV General Cartoon Thread I'll just post this here: Adult Swim is producing two new seasons of FLCL

I don't really feel like FLCL needs any new episodes but I'm interested in seeing how it all pans out.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

FELD1 posted:

Ok, sorry thread for bringing up Miraculous Ladybug again, but I am finding it insanely difficult to access this show right now. The first two episodes I watched were in French with English subtitles (which would be my preferred viewing style), but the only other consistent English subtitled videos I can find are over the Korean dub of the show. I decided I'd bite the bullet and just watch the English dub on Hulu Plus, but the episodes are in a different order, the character names are different, and only a random handful of episodes are even available. That's not even to mention that the show hasn't even finished airing in the US.

I mean, I want to support the show legitimately, but drat they're making it difficult.

Someone did an unofficial episode guide that makes sense if you're worried about the order. I'd recommend just looking through the sub groups' tumblrs, though, because that's the easiest way to find the episodes.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HorseRenoir posted:

It's not really a kids' show but considering this has become the TVIV General Cartoon Thread I'll just post this here: Adult Swim is producing two new seasons of FLCL

I don't really feel like FLCL needs any new episodes but I'm interested in seeing how it all pans out.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god oh my loving god yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

HorseRenoir posted:

I'm a little worried that lightning won't be able to strike twice in this case.