Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Khris Kruel posted:

you literally just said 100% that lumpen lynch is wrong...

IF HE IS SCUM ITS NOT WRONG

My god you are not listening to me.

I AM NOT CONVINCED HE WILL FLIP SCUM.

I THINK THERE'S A VERY GOOD POSSIBILITY BUT HIS PLAY IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH A SCUM MINDSET.

HE MIGHT BE SCUM MAKING A POINT, IN WHICH CASE WE GET LUCKY.

Lumpen is a PURE LUCK cuddle, and I have maintained that because of that HE IS THE WRONG CHOICE FOR WHERE WE ARE IN THE GAME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

KK is not voting for me. What is the point in this, KK, you are HOUNDING me. Am I scum? Are you going to vote for me? What are you doing other than creating a GIANT DISTRACTING FIGHT?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

I honestly don't want to bet the game on whether Lumpen is just loving around.

GOD. DAMNED. THIS.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

KK how much do you want to bet on "Lumpen is scum loving around and not town loving around" after all the games you've seen on SA?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

The Ninth Layer posted:

If Lumpen is town then the town is pretty hosed and we also didn't learn much, we would be basically where we are right now just down a townie and without a free lynch. We would have to lynch MMT and go into lylo basically today but with less town.

No matter what JakeP flips we will get a lot of information about this game, which maybe won't help us directly tomorrow if he flips town, but could definitely help us on lylo.

Anyone who is voting off "what we will learn" instead of "who we think is most likely to be scum" is either playing poorly or scum themselves.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
It's TNL, BHB, and poss KB, poss Jake, poss Rarity.
Prob not Quid, prob not kordansk, not KK, not TMM, not MMT.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Ninth Layer posted:

So we could vote him out then.

But if he's town, he wouldn't vote with us. He'd vote whoever. And scum would all vote with him.

Again, the exact reason we are supposed to vote MMT tomorrow if we don't hit scum today.

How is it different?

He is unreliable.

I'm pretty sure he's scum so it's a win/win at getting us farther in the game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidnose posted:

My god you are not listening to me.

I AM NOT CONVINCED HE WILL FLIP SCUM.

I THINK THERE'S A VERY GOOD POSSIBILITY BUT HIS PLAY IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH A SCUM MINDSET.

HE MIGHT BE SCUM MAKING A POINT, IN WHICH CASE WE GET LUCKY.

Lumpen is a PURE LUCK cuddle, and I have maintained that because of that HE IS THE WRONG CHOICE FOR WHERE WE ARE IN THE GAME.

Why do you think Lumpen voted for Jake?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Right now the way this is going to gamble on Lumpen's intent, which none of us know, and cuddle him based on...what? That he's being random? What is the PLAY BASED reason for voting Lumpen, based on scumhunting, that ISN'T "he just changed his mind randomly, how scummy?"

Following that, if he's not scum (and I don't know! it is a gamble! my gut is telling me it is a bad gamble but it is a gamble!) then we cuddle MMT, and we are right. back. where. we. were. today. And we will lose this game.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Lumpen posted:

It's TNL, BHB, and poss KB, poss Jake, poss Rarity.
Prob not Quid, prob not kordansk, not KK, not TMM, not MMT.

I'm defending you from a lynch and you think I'm scum?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Why do you think Lumpen voted for Jake?

I don't have ANY idea why Lumpen is doing ANY of what he has done today so I would LITERALLY be guessing. With his most recent list, it looks like because he thought he was scummy, but LITERALLY WHO KNOWS BESIDES LUMPEN.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mafia edit: What he has done today or the entirety of the game.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

The Ninth Layer posted:

KK how much do you want to bet on "Lumpen is scum loving around and not town loving around" after all the games you've seen on SA?

:argh:

##unvote

I need to think about this

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Quidnose posted:

KK is not voting for me. What is the point in this, KK, you are HOUNDING me. Am I scum? Are you going to vote for me? What are you doing other than creating a GIANT DISTRACTING FIGHT?

how dare I ask questions? what the gently caress is this?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

Anyone who is voting off "what we will learn" instead of "who we think is most likely to be scum" is either playing poorly or scum themselves.

If you forgot, I actually have a case on JakeP. It's the one you spent most of the day voting on.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
anyone notice how quid and TNLs gameplan for the next couple days are very similar, and they keep insisting on lynching MMT tomorrow

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Could be Jake, he play great in BSG. I could see it. Don't know. Change mind on Quid and kord since old post. Read one more time.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

If you forgot, I actually have a case on JakeP. It's the one you spent most of the day voting on.

TNL, who would the scum with JakeP be

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
additionally quid and TNL have another thing in common. They refuse to name other possible scum. They want to lynch me then the claimed survivor, and other than that nobody knows cuz they arent sayin

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

how dare I ask questions? what the gently caress is this?

You are allowed to ask questions. I am asking you explain the intent behind your current line of questioning, because I don't see the point other than to continue to poke the bear and piss me off. Is that your point?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

additionally quid and TNL have another thing in common. They refuse to name other possible scum. They want to lynch me then the claimed survivor, and other than that nobody knows cuz they arent sayin

I have maintained my same suspicion list all day. Nothing has changed. This is a flat out lie.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

As my diagrammatic endeavors have sought to impress upon the sensate and perspicacious fellow members of the innocuous persuasion who form the majority of this cohort, I have decidedly come down in favor of resting my trust and esteem upon JakeP, imgay, Rarity, and TMM with confidence that bespeaks their qualities expressed in posting and voting.

Lumpen posted:

##Vote JakeP

Quidnose posted:

Holy poo poo I missed an entire page of posts, no wonder I didn't see this Lumpen crap. That is pretty awful.

Pretty awful, indeed!

Quidnose posted:

Right now the way this is going to gamble on Lumpen's intent, which none of us know, and cuddle him based on...what? That he's being random? What is the PLAY BASED reason for voting Lumpen, based on scumhunting, that ISN'T "he just changed his mind randomly, how scummy?"

Following that, if he's not scum (and I don't know! it is a gamble! my gut is telling me it is a bad gamble but it is a gamble!) then we cuddle MMT, and we are right. back. where. we. were. today. And we will lose this game.

...except that for some reason Quid forgets it when it comes to actually calling Lumpen out on playing scummy.

Quidnose posted:

I don't have ANY idea why Lumpen is doing ANY of what he has done today so I would LITERALLY be guessing. With his most recent list, it looks like because he thought he was scummy, but LITERALLY WHO KNOWS BESIDES LUMPEN.

Mafia is a game about reading intents. If you were on Final Jeopardy and you had to answer "It's Lumpen's alignment" for all your money, what would you say and why?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Quidnose posted:

You are allowed to ask questions. I am asking you explain the intent behind your current line of questioning, because I don't see the point other than to continue to poke the bear and piss me off. Is that your point?

because you flipping out about lumpen is like JakeP flipping out he was being voted by you. So I'm trying to redefine my read on you, which I thought was town but how you went about with lumpen isn't townie to me

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

Go and read my post history, I have made plenty of alignment calls.
If you want the list it looks like:
You
kordansk
imgay

and maybe Lumpen or BHB.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

...until Lumpen did his best to end the day by voting for Jake despite previously having a town read on him, yes it was.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I can't believe how hard it is to lynch someone who literally has gone out of their way (in a very noticeable way to their usual meta) to not provide content.

Let's say Lumpen was town, do you guys really think it would be this hard to seal the deal on him?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quidnose posted:

Right now the way this is going to gamble on Lumpen's intent, which none of us know, and cuddle him based on...what?

This is why we should be voting for imgay

(or Jake)

(but preferably imgay)

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

...until Lumpen did his best to end the day by voting for Jake despite previously having a town read on him, yes it was.

Maybe he was convinced by the case or by the way JakeP was playing. Why would scum make such a conspicuous play?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I can't believe how hard it is to lynch someone who literally has gone out of their way (in a very noticeable way to their usual meta) to not provide content.

Let's say Lumpen was town, do you guys really think it would be this hard to seal the deal on him?

No, I don't.

This is really telling and now I don't want to move off of Lumpen.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

Maybe he was convinced by the case or by the way JakeP was playing. Why would scum make such a conspicuous play?

Because he was trying to get a scumrush and someone (KK?) unvoted in time?

Why would town not try and case anyone? I can tell you why scum wouldn't, this isn't that hard.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

its why I unvoted. It looked like a scumrush

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

which makes me wonder if we're at lylo right now

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

No, I don't.

This is really telling and now I don't want to move off of Lumpen.

Yeah, I lose the game if we're wrong on this and my vote's not moving. :colbert:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

Why would town not try and case anyone? I can tell you why scum wouldn't, this isn't that hard.

Lumpen's roleplaying an adventurer with some kind of bipolar personality disorder. He gets crazy during the early day then gets dumb as the day ends. It's annoying but it's not inherently scummy.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Khris Kruel posted:

its why I unvoted. It looked like a scumrush

KK for what it's worth pretty much everyone who was voting JakeP all day besides MMT is town. If scum were going to rush they would have done it a long time ago.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khris Kruel posted:

which makes me wonder if we're at lylo right now

No way. 5 scum in a 18 player game with a SK is ridiculous.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

KK for what it's worth pretty much everyone who was voting JakeP all day besides MMT is town. If scum were going to rush they would have done it a long time ago.

fair enough

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I would not be surprised if Lumpen and JakeP were scum together, but I think it is very suspicious that so many people rushed to Lumpen last-minute and are now allergic to moving their votes. The JakeP case is still good. The only thing JakeP's really done today is throw dirt upon the people who voted him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

Lumpen's roleplaying an adventurer with some kind of bipolar personality disorder. He gets crazy during the early day then gets dumb as the day ends. It's annoying but it's not inherently scummy.

Lumpen isn't making any cases on people and get BHB, Rarity, Quid, and now you have all railed very hard against voting for him. If he's town, scum would just let the vote happen, I'm 100% sure of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

I would not be surprised if Lumpen and JakeP were scum together, but I think it is very suspicious that so many people rushed to Lumpen last-minute and are now allergic to moving their votes. The JakeP case is still good. The only thing JakeP's really done today is throw dirt upon the people who voted him.

that would be me, KB and MMT

• Locked thread