Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

weekly font posted:

I really fuckin hate Gary.

Motorin'... ♫♫♫

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sleeveless posted:

I liked the part on the Judge Dredd episode when they find out that the 2000AD comics are from Britain and get mad about the movie being set in America and full of American actors. Even though the comic is itself set in America since it's explicitly a satire of American politics and culture.

Put the tweet down, sir.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://twitter.com/AIRBUD/status/711175614137548800

Why must Listener Request Month have come so early?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

e X posted:

You know, we had a lot of criticism towards the guys regarding the ads they had before the show, so I think it is just fair to praise them now. I don't know what exactly they did, but they fit much better into the show now, it is generally pretty funny now and actually help setting the mood for the show. Maybe it's just that they stopped sticking to a script and added more improv, but whatever it was, it really works.

One thing I like that they've started doing is rolling directly from the ad to the introduction, it gives it a more conversational feel.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

e X posted:

You know, we had a lot of criticism towards the guys regarding the ads they had before the show, so I think it is just fair to praise them now. I don't know what exactly they did, but they fit much better into the show now, it is generally pretty funny now and actually help setting the mood for the show. Maybe it's just that they stopped sticking to a script and added more improv, but whatever it was, it really works.

Also, advertising things that aren't egregiously horrible helps. Shaving supplies are less bad than DraftKings by a wide margin.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

https://twitter.com/AIRBUD/status/711175614137548800

Why must Listener Request Month have come so early?

...monkey skateboarding?

e: oh no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6qvE8eXvg

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Also, advertising things that aren't egregiously horrible helps. Shaving supplies are less bad than DraftKings by a wide margin.

I can't help but imagine Andrew finishing the copy, flicking the mic off, turning to an old timey spitoon and just huckin' one or two after having to jaw about DraftKings or Uber.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Top three:

1. Nukie
2. Blame it on Rio
3. Vampire in Brooklyn (I love that list of vampire powers, which had to be prepared in advance in detail)

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I really, really wanna listen to the Bee Squad podcast.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Tomahawk posted:

It has amazing buzzzz!

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Tomahawk posted:

At the very least it would be better than the last 1.5 seasons of The Worst Idea Of All Time podcast.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Now I finally understand what the guys meant when they said the monkey is 'heil-ing all over the place' :stare:

sexy fucking muskrat fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 20, 2016

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

TetsuoTW posted:

There's also this... fantastic? fan site for the show, including scripts, fan scripts, and a text file that is a looooong fan script for a gritty reboot of Road Rovers.

I just got caught up again with this thread and this screenplay is magical. It's witty, gritty and modern(for the 70s). Exceptional work.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ror posted:

Motorin'... ♫♫♫

WHM gets the best emails, it's insane.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

That rant about IMDB was great. The trivia and goofs sections are full of so much worthless detritus.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

duz posted:

That rant about IMDB was great. The trivia and goofs sections are full of so much worthless detritus.
The D may as well just stand for "detritus".

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Gold Mosee gold!!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

duz posted:

Well...yeah.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The story about The Jerk had me sobbing when they started talking about the grunting.

Battle Rockers
Aug 3, 2008

i wanna witness ur slit
Every time they say suckin' n fuckin'

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Why the hell doesn't Burtonworld exist? It'd make tons of money. Like this rollercoaster: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=afcudstM9zA

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Please tell me someone has made a WHM WinAmp skin.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Brocktoon posted:

Please tell me someone has made a WHM WinAmp skin.

Or a WHM logo faceplate to stick onto my Roxio mp3 player.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I feel like in the newer episodes they go off on longer sidebars / repeat the jokes more often in the same episode. And I couldn't be happier. It's always great how after a few minutes usually Andrew will just go "SO IN THE MOVIE" and try to get them back on track.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Next time Dungeons and Dragons! Hope the guys at WHM are prepared to be educated by a hundred nerds ready to correct any misconceptions they might have.

On the other hand, there is more than enough wrong with Dungeons And Dragons to make for a great episode. Also the movie barely has anything to do with the game in the first place.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Next time Dungeons and Dragons! Hope the guys at WHM are prepared to be educated by a hundred nerds ready to correct any misconceptions they might have.

On the other hand, there is more than enough wrong with Dungeons And Dragons to make for a great episode. Also the movie barely has anything to do with the game in the first place.

Sir, put down your dungeon master handbook.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I actually like it more when they're totally confused about the source material, like the Pokemon one where they have absolutely no idea what Pokemon is and picked a very confusing episode already.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I can't wait to hear them trying to figure out what D&D is about based solely on the movie.

(D&D itself isn't about anything; it's a blank slate you're supposed to make your own setting for. Why they thought taking something with no inherent narrative and turning it into a movie was a good idea is beyond me.)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cael posted:

I feel like in the newer episodes they go off on longer sidebars / repeat the jokes more often in the same episode. And I couldn't be happier. It's always great how after a few minutes usually Andrew will just go "SO IN THE MOVIE" and try to get them back on track.

There have been several recent episodes where I was hoping they'd just keep on the tangent and forget about the movie.

edit: How do you guys reckon that WHM have never played D&D before? I guarantee you they've tasted that fruit

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Tender Bender posted:

Sir, put down your dungeon master handbook.

I love The Adventure Zone but actual tabletop people getting :goonsay: about the game rules is the worst. Stay strong, Haters.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

precision posted:

edit: How do you guys reckon that WHM have never played D&D before? I guarantee you they've tasted that fruit
I'm a huge nerd and I've never once played D&D or anything like it, unless D&D videogames count. It's easier than you'd think to avoid.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Evil Mastermind posted:

(D&D itself isn't about anything; it's a blank slate you're supposed to make your own setting for. Why they thought taking something with no inherent narrative and turning it into a movie was a good idea is beyond me.)

Because you can do pretty much whatever the gently caress you want with the script and have a built in audience based on name recognition.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

Because you can do pretty much whatever the gently caress you want with the script and have a built in audience based on name recognition.
Funnily enough, that's also the design philosophy of the people who write D&D!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

precision posted:

You'd think so, but then you listen to the Witch Hunter episode. Rollin' so many nat 10s.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That's just an extension of Jesse Ventura's love for 10s.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Sleeveless posted:

I love The Adventure Zone but actual tabletop people getting :goonsay: about the game rules is the worst. Stay strong, Haters.

The Adventure Zone is ok, but man just get on with the story, ten episodes and only maybe one battle and almost no narrative.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gyges posted:

You'd think so, but then you listen to the Witch Hunter episode. Rollin' so many nat 10s.

They might be White Wolf guys.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Evil Mastermind posted:

I can't wait to hear them trying to figure out what D&D is about based solely on the movie.

They still kinda screwed that up. There are scenes with weird blue guys with three eyes that appear to relate to nothing in any of the multitude of Monster Manual.

A Beholder shows up for five seconds in one scene and that's kinda it. Also they namecheck some D&D spells in the most cringeworthy attempt at snappy dialogue ever

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I'm looking forward to the D&D episode but I think I'm just as excited for the possibility of some horrific D&D-related mailbag stories next month. They just keep getting more and more insane.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Ror posted:

I'm looking forward to the D&D episode but I think I'm just as excited for the possibility of some horrific D&D-related mailbag stories next month. They just keep getting more and more insane.

They could run an entire podcast based around people recounting horrific experiences at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

They could run an entire podcast based around people recounting horrific experiences at this point.

Oh man, I need to email them about this dweeb who talked up a storm about his D&D larp crew. He hated my guts for calling him on his STDH.:words: and took it out on me on D&D encounters game we played.