Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Someone mistakenly put this in the schadenfreude thread. This dogge is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzNM6ZEko9A

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

They're the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-UmfqFjpl0

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
He would sit in the fire if he could

These were all on an sdcard from an old phone i found in a drawer.

Pictured: Dogges in van circa 2009

This little guy grew up into a lovable mutt, not the pedigree hound my sister was scammed into paying for.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Any pro tips for transporting dogge over long distances (4ish hours by car)? My lab gets car sick just driving to the vet that's five minutes away, and the idea of driving to see family is exhausting. Rather not leave her with the pet sitter if it can be avoided.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Any pro tips for transporting dogge over long distances (4ish hours by car)? My lab gets car sick just driving to the vet that's five minutes away, and the idea of driving to see family is exhausting. Rather not leave her with the pet sitter if it can be avoided.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

This is a marketing gimmick I approve of

If you live in a city with a Warby Parker store there's a bunch of facebook events where you can sign up to bring you dog for a photo shoot with sunglasses and stuff.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Does she sleep in a kennel at home? If so, take the kennel with you and have it set up in the back of your vehicle for her. Additionally 1mg/lb of body weight of benadryl to help her sleep and relax.

My roommates lab mix got real anxious at first when we started driving cross country for new years, but once we actually were on the road and she understood we weren't just stopping she just slept with dakota in the back.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Whip Slagcheek posted:

If it's real bad, just go to the vet and ask them for some acepromazine

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

It's not terrible, the other day she took the trip to the vet and did ok. But the previous times she would vomit, typically on the ride back to the house.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Whip Slagcheek posted:

It's not terrible, the other day she took the trip to the vet and did ok. But the previous times she would vomit, typically on the ride back to the house.

Then go the benadryl route, and if issues arise just call the nearest vet and get some ace. Also, when traveling with your pet, try to keep their vaccination records in the car with you, since some states can be assholes about that. Also, try calling ahead and seeing if you need to get a health certificate if you're staying more than a few days

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Well, looks like a certain dogge just volunteered herself for agility lessons...

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Rub all bellies.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Same

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Would also.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Wanna pet momma dog and pups.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Anyone who does not show affection to dogs passing by has a hole in the heart

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Confirm. Belly rubs received.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAQrmB-bWZc

Atari teenager
May 29, 2008

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Oh god, I just realized there's a gabe playlist. I know what I'm spending the rest of my night doing.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

I know it's just 100% compression artifacts after a few cycles, but part of me wants of believe that it's what it would sound like if you could hear every dog in the universe barking. A cosmic barkground radiation, if you will.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

William Barksinski

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Garrand posted:

Oh god, I just realized there's a gabe playlist. I know what I'm spending the rest of my night doing.
All that, and they missed the best one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjytAc-quyI

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My God, it's full of barks.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Two dogges have just arrives on the watchfloor, today its a good day.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ElMaligno posted:

Two dogges have just arrives on the watchfloor, today its a good day.

Dogupdate: One of the dogges has been throughly petted, scratched and patted into submission. 10/10 would do it again.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ElMaligno posted:

Dogupdate: One of the dogges has been throughly petted, scratched and patted into submission. 10/10 would do it again.

Pics, please.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I cant take pictures in here, which kinda makes me sad :( :( :smith:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Do it anyway, everyone knows that dogs > opsec

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Im friends with the owner on Facebook so i can see if she has pictures on there

Anyways they are both old ladies, one is a black lab mix, has cataracts, might be blind, is greying at the snout and she is kinda reserved lady like dogge have petted for a bit 10/10.
The other girl is a brown giant schnauzer mix with white tips, fritzy wiry hair, more energetic, shamelesly asks for belly rubs and had to be excorted out of the comms cave because breakfast is not for puppies 10/10.

I have been depressed for a while, so all this petting has raised my spirits for a bit. We truly don't deserve dogs.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Cross posting from the cute pics thread

Pesticide20 posted:

Here's some cuteness for the thread.

My girlfriend and I took our dogs out to visit my parents for the weekend. While on the ferry they curled up and slept the whole way.

When they aren't playing together and crashing about in various rooms, they can often be found curled up near each other.

Jelly is my girlfriend's and was rescued about a month ago. She's a Canaan and came to the rescue (NOAH, in Stanwood, WA) with a group of others from a rescue in Israel. We're not entirely sure what happened before she reached us, but it's thought somebody was going to try and have her fight, because they cut part of her tail off and "cropped" her ears.

Joy is mine. I rescued her from the Humane Society in Laurinburg, NC. She came in as a stray with puppies that all got adopted right away, but nobody had shown interest in her for several months before I came along. Her papers claim she's a whippet/corgi mix that I don't dispute because that's a mix that's perfectly acceptable for almost all landlords.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

http://i.imgur.com/urBwiK9.webm

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.

echomadman posted:

These were all on an sdcard from an old phone i found in a drawer.

Pictured: Dogges in van circa 2009

What flavor terrier are these? I have a wiry-haired hole in my heart since our wiry haired mutt Whiskey died twenty years ago, and that yellow one's the spitting image.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

'Like friggin' clockwork, Moon-moon.'

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Joy has learned that she can climb through gates

The worst part though is Jelly watched and learned, too. I didn't get video of that, though.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

ElMaligno posted:

You're doing good work.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Sugar is a good dog.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Dog post

http://i.imgur.com/SnWnsZy.webm

E: Dog doublepost

ro5s fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 29, 2016