Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D1E posted:

Are there seriously zero women in this thread who can answer the question whether they think Chris Roberts is a sexy man?!?

He makes my vagina snap shut like a trapdoor spider retreating, does that answer your question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D1E posted:

Fair enough, but I might be an exception.

Imagine Chris Roberts shirtless in tighty whities, drooling on himself and excreting spittle as he stammers and stutters searching for the right word to complete his train of thought, dazed from pot abuse and hunching almost in half with terrible posture, fat rolls freed of their spanx and slimming black turtleneck to puddle around his middle-aged waist and groin... God I have to stop.

So hot!

(No kink shaming)

NEVER DO THAT AGAIN.

EVER.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I remember playing this terrible janky unstable MMO called Vendetta Online 10 years ago. It had some messed up trading and FPS modules, with space combat "soon to come". Apparently it's now all entirely about space combat and trading and has been released for Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and... well it looks lovely, but it's running nearly 12 years later nonetheless.

I'm not sure if there's a lesson to be learned here for CRoberts. Hang in there, kitty?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ComfyPants posted:

Get me Leonard Nimoy. He's what?"

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

I'm not going to lie if Lord British started a kickstarter for UO 2 tomorrow I'd pledge, knowing what I know about kickstarters even

I would make this bad decision with you, friend.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Eonwe posted:

I miss when I could make fun of people in this thread

That is what the eve thread is for dontcha ya know.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Haskell9 posted:

When quoting that retarded subreddit add a link god damnit

https://www.reddit.com/user/doxxed_by_derek

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Pratt2112 posted:

Present!

Saw a post on Derek's FB page with a screencap of it, had a surreal moment of thinking "I've read that somewhere before", and then realized it was me.

Pretty trippy when that happens.

I don't even spend much time at mmorpg.com anymore. When I do go there, I inevitably run into the idiocy that floods the SC forums, and it drives me nuts. Erillion, in particular... holy crap. If SC fans are the Scientologists of gaming, then Erillion is Tom Cruise.

All we need is Tom Cruise jumping on a couch, shooting jpeg ships at Oprah, and the picture will be complete.

Now that I think about it, can someone do that? That would be pretty amazing.

(Edited, 'cause my Tom Cruise scenario didn't really make sense and I'm slightly OCD lol.)

Chiming in to also say welcome aboard!

That was a good post you made.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Eonwe posted:

do you guys remember how balls out crazy it was back when dsmart was arguing with wheelchair kid

You're remembering it wrong, he ended up in a wheelchair after derek dealt with him :ohdear:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Pratt2112 posted:

Present!

Saw a post on Derek's FB page with a screencap of it, had a surreal moment of thinking "I've read that somewhere before", and then realized it was me.

Pretty trippy when that happens.

I don't even spend much time at mmorpg.com anymore. When I do go there, I inevitably run into the idiocy that floods the SC forums, and it drives me nuts. Erillion, in particular... holy crap. If SC fans are the Scientologists of gaming, then Erillion is Tom Cruise.

All we need is Tom Cruise jumping on a couch, shooting jpeg ships at Oprah, and the picture will be complete.

Now that I think about it, can someone do that? That would be pretty amazing.

(Edited, 'cause my Tom Cruise scenario didn't really make sense and I'm slightly OCD lol.)

Hello and welcome, you'll fit in fine, have fun, don't mention how 4k is disposable income like the last guy :D

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Pratt2112 posted:

Sounds about right lol.

They shut that down quick.

But that's NCSoft for ya. They're really good at shutting things down, it seems.

I'm still in the :salt: mines over them shutting down City of Heroes. It was outdated rendering wise, but it was still the best superhero MMO out there, and even just the character creator was wonderful.

Also welcome, enjoy the parp. Do you have a catte?

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

GabrielMobius posted:

I'm still in the :salt: mines over them shutting down City of Heroes. It was outdated rendering wise, but it was still the best superhero MMO out there, and even just the character creator was wonderful.

Oh wow, don't get me started there, I'm so bitter that CAMRA is trying to get me served in pubs. It's possibly the only game that I actually genuinely miss though going back to it now would probably burn off at least a little nostalgia.

CIG is a Nemesis plot.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Meanwhile somewhere over at the international community...

"Lowly cultist" posted:

Because of the increased frequency of tweaks and patches we are seeing now it would seem that CIG is freeing up devs from SQ42 given it is now in its latest stages...

*Rolls eyes*

How blind can some of my fellow compatriots be, I will never understand.

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

TacticalNecromancy posted:

Oh wow, don't get me started there, I'm so bitter that CAMRA is trying to get me served in pubs. It's possibly the only game that I actually genuinely miss though going back to it now would probably burn off at least a little nostalgia.

CIG is a Nemesis plot.

Apart from the spiritual successor that got kickstarted and has the worst website I have seen for an MMO, I think there are some ex-employees trying to talk with NCSoft to get rights to bring a copy of the game (as of the last patch) up and running. So far they've released a standalone character creator that'll let you make a character and spawn them into a non-interactive version of Atlas Park, but that's all I know right now.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
We did improve the website a little, but you're right that we're not spending that much attention on it.

You're combining my efforts to try to get the rights to CoH away from NCSoft with Paragon Chat, which will let you visit more zones than Atlas Park. Codeweaver is a good guy, and he's done miracles with it, but I can't use it myself for various reasons.

Why, did you have any questions?

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

GabrielMobius posted:

Apart from the spiritual successor that got kickstarted and has the worst website I have seen for an MMO, I think there are some ex-employees trying to talk with NCSoft to get rights to bring a copy of the game (as of the last patch) up and running. So far they've released a standalone character creator that'll let you make a character and spawn them into a non-interactive version of Atlas Park, but that's all I know right now.

I've seen a couple of versions, including one that's got a few maps around and allows lots of people around, but it's more of a glorified chat program/nostalgia engine than anything. Guess I'll just slum it over in CO; for all the games many flaws, the creator's pretty nice and messing around with powers is quite fun.

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Warcabbit posted:

We did improve the website a little, but you're right that we're not spending that much attention on it.

You're combining my efforts to try to get the rights to CoH away from NCSoft with Paragon Chat, which will let you visit more zones than Atlas Park. Codeweaver is a good guy, and he's done miracles with it, but I can't use it myself for various reasons.

Why, did you have any questions?

Yes. I feel like there are at least 3 things I'm thinking of: City of Titans, which was kickstarted; the efforts to buy/negotiate the rights away from NCSoft; and the efforts to make a version of the game people can at least launch into. It's been a while since I went digging so I'm not really sure who's responsible for what anymore.

Speaking of getting the rights away, how's that going? Two weeks?

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Basically. Dealing with Koreans is slower than heck.

The more City of Titans looks like a real game, the better the responses are. That's about it.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

So, the race is on! City of Titans, the rights to CoX or Star Citizen. Which arrives first? Do any? Let the games begin.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

No. Two people mentioned "chaos engine" forum. One of them has NO clue wtf it is; because if you look at his postings, no way in hell that rear end-clown would ever be let into such a forum. So THAT guy I attributed to him just thinking "chaos engine" refers to THIS forum where, yes, devs and others hang on.

The dev/media forum that the MMORPG poster (JohnP0100) is talking about, has absolutely nothing to do with that rear end-clown (see above) thinking about WHAT it is.

I don't know how else to explain this. I'm out.

Oh I see what you mean now, that actually makes sense.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

WOW! They threw away the Illfonic sound design, which was incredible and recorded it again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2OVeUxfjuM&feature=youtu.be&t=3275

"We recorded a brand new set of sounds."

No you fuckin' wankers took a microphone and placed it into the corner of some interns office then recorded rustling backpacks and Sandi's martial arts equipment.

Here is the original sound design Video: https://vimeo.com/138360203
Seriously, i am disappointed, i was expecting fidelity!

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Even in gracious defeat, Derek Smart is right after all :v:

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

Natron posted:

Well, if CIG isn't going to reveal anything, then Solar Plebeian will have to step up to the plate and get the hype train started.

:siren:

:siren:

Sorry this is like a ten pages back but wow.

This is loving amazing but, it needs all the trappings that a real fidelitous zero-g orbital landing pad would have - like a windsock, cargo cranes, grabby-hands trolleys, etc.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Dashticle posted:

like a windsock,
A whale-shaped windsock.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:laffo: These never get old

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/4bu2k4/dereks_reason_why_the_free_fly_week_was_a/

You sure showed Derek Smart by throwing your money into a dumpster fire :allears:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Eonwe posted:

hey guys, I am giving away my collection of emotes

:eonwe:

here you go, i'm very generous

you may now use this emote

Awesome, thank you. I will use it wisely, I promise.

Hey, everyone, I'm selling my special collection of eonwe emotes. I have an initial limited run of three that need new homes:

:eonwe: :eonwe: :eonwe:

$5 ea.

These are highest quality reproductions, reverse-engineered from a captured original :eonwe: emote. Once these are gone, that's it! Don't delay. Buy yours today!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Daztek posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/4bu2k4/dereks_reason_why_the_free_fly_week_was_a/

You sure showed Derek Smart by throwing your money into a dumpster fire :allears:

"Everytime Derek SHART tries getting into my head I just SMASH myself in the FACE with a brick! HOW'D YA LIKE TH AT DEreelkkkkkblkbklmnkm.."

"Sorry what was I saying?"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Daztek posted:

lmao this is the best possible result

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Turd Burglar posted:

WHO WILL VOUCH FOR DEREK SMART

I dont know because they would have to let him finish!

Pratt2112
Mar 25, 2016

Indeeeeeeeeeed...

Daztek posted:

Wow. That dude is bold! Spending his money on others' dreams like that. "TAKE THAT, DEREK! -enters CC#- HOW'S IT FEEEEEEL, HUH?"

Viva la revolution?

And the other dude, saying how every time Derek gets into a "ramble", he'd just buy another ship? Derek pisses these people off so much, they are driven to spend $100s of their own money just to "show him up"?

So, is that the secret to SC's success? People are just spending money to spite Derek, and it actually has nothing to do with SC itself? That could explain a lot.

Pratt2112 fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Mar 25, 2016

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

"Everytime Derek SHART tries getting into my head I just SMASH myself in the FACE with a brick! HOW'D YA LIKE TH AT DEreelkkkkkblkbklmnkm.."

"Sorry what was I saying?"

This is the best response to that.

This makes me wonder, we've seen signs that some of the whales in the brown sea are getting wary, and several have straight up not bought anything CIG has done in a while. We can see this from the funding for this last sale being kind of shite. I wonder if the brown sea will finish coming around to their senses before reddit does?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Daztek posted:

Hey obsessive CIG fans - please keep doing this. Seriously. If your burning hatred for anyone who disagrees with you is so strong that this seems like a good idea, then the life lesson you'll learn at the end of this will be worth every penny, trust me.

It never fails to amaze me how badly these guys are able to miss the entire point of all the criticisms. CIG have basically infinite money but can't produce a solid game due to management incompetence, yet they somehow thing that giving them more money is relevant. It's like building a castle on quicksand and when someone points out that it's going to collapse they say "I'll show you!" and add more bricks.

How does it even make sense in their head?

Enot
Feb 18, 2016

Daztek posted:

Thanks to Derek and his amazing PR campaign, I bought a SA forum account and then an avatar for $15. Yes Derek, that's $15 I pledged to a dream. I had no intention of doing that, but the need to be part of this thread was just too strong.

I've calmed down now ;)

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

SelenicMartian posted:

A whale-shaped windsock.

I like it. Pallets loaded with whale-noodle vending machines, and the space bulldozer from the wing commander movie to shunt them around.

Toops, are you still accepting assets for solar pleb? I've got a week off work and a dusty copy of 3DSMax o9

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Omi-Polari posted:

If they don't let Derek in, they don't deserve the name Chaos Engine.

Derek is *the* chaos engine.

But... is he perhaps... management?

They don't serve their kind in The Chaos Engine!

Pratt2112
Mar 25, 2016

Indeeeeeeeeeed...

Chalks posted:

Hey obsessive CIG fans - please keep doing this. Seriously. If your burning hatred for anyone who disagrees with you is so strong that this seems like a good idea, then the life lesson you'll learn at the end of this will be worth every penny, trust me.

It never fails to amaze me how badly these guys are able to miss the entire point of all the criticisms. CIG have basically infinite money but can't produce a solid game due to management incompetence, yet they somehow thing that giving them more money is relevant. It's like building a castle on quicksand and when someone points out that it's going to collapse they say "I'll show you!" and add more bricks.

Because CR has them convinced that this is all a normal part of game development; that building the biggest most complete and amazing space sim the Universe will have ever seen, like totes for reals, is going to take a long time. So, they've stocked up on the kool-aid, and are strapped in for the long haul.

They're probably dreaming of the day CR finally opens the gates to Jurassic Park and they get to finally justify all that money spent by showing all those late-comers just how OG they really are. "See this ship? I had to sell my house, my dog and my children for it... My wife left me before I could sell her. But it was worth it! It was all for the dream! The dream!"

Pratt2112 fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Mar 25, 2016

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Pratt2112 posted:

They're probably dreaming of the day CR finally opens the gates to Jurassic Park and they get to finally justify all that money spent by showing all those late-comers just how OG they really are.

And when those gates finally open, this is what we'll hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk

Pratt2112
Mar 25, 2016

Indeeeeeeeeeed...

Scruffpuff posted:

And when those gates finally open, this is what we'll hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk

LOL! Yes!

Can maybe throw in the park Janitor with a triangle, too... spare no expense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Chalks posted:

Like a great philosopher once said, "The mind makes it real." These people are so desperate for the space game of their dreams, that they're shackling every hope and dream they have onto the first person to promise it to them, even if that person is totally incapable of delivering. The desire to escape real life is just too strong. Consider their posts - they can't conceive of a world where lots of people see that Star Citizen is failing - in their world, only Derek Smart claims it. In their world, Derek WANTS it to fail. In their world, giving Star Citizen more money hurts DEREK'S feelings. In their world, the game will come out. Their world is not the real world, so nothing they do will make sense out here where the rest of us live. Their actions only make sense in the context of the imaginary world they built in their heads. Since they live in an imaginary world 100% of the time anyway, I'm not sure why they need Chris's so badly.

• Locked thread