Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

young thug is the greatest living artist

e: the CDQ of With Them

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Mar 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i wish aesop and ra rugged man would crawl into a corner and just rap Real Hip Hop at each other and leave the rest of the world alone forever

RA is on a whole different wavelength from Aesop. I know it's the in thing to deify whatever lovely autotune dude comes up (i mean really dudes were jocking lil uzi vert and lil yachty?) but there's a lot of dudes making great music who spend more than 5 minutes on a track. Aesop is a dude who's actually making music that is worth listening to when you're not in a club/hosed up.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

goldblums eyes posted:

Um, genuinely feel bad that you lost your job but don't know why you had to tell the Rap Thread about your woes

Tremendous Taste posted:

Rap thread is love

It was a crazy day 😀

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

AOTY

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

alansmithee posted:

RA is on a whole different wavelength from Aesop. I know it's the in thing to deify whatever lovely autotune dude comes up (i mean really dudes were jocking lil uzi vert and lil yachty?) but there's a lot of dudes making great music who spend more than 5 minutes on a track. Aesop is a dude who's actually making music that is worth listening to when you're not in a club/hosed up.
Agree with this.
Aesops production is realllly good , I think Skelethon was the one he did all his own beats for and it was a really good album. I'll never forgive him for that album with Kimye Dawson or whatever it was. Absolute trash.

RA is poo poo n

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Ss3 is the first thing I like by thugger and I like it a lot.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Agree with this.
Aesops production is realllly good , I think Skelethon was the one he did all his own beats for and it was a really good album. I'll never forgive him for that album with Kimye Dawson or whatever it was. Absolute trash.

RA is poo poo n

Yeah Skelethon was the first time he handled all his own production. He did a couple things on Bazooka Tooth and None Shall Pass, but most of that was other dudes. And you're dead on about that Kimye Dawson album, pure junk.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

loving finally

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It was a crazy day 😀

Don't worry dude same thing happened to me last week and things are already starting to turn around! Hang in there

And yeah I listened to ss3 back to back like 6 times last night on this road trip. It's loving good

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Was anyone able to download SS3 from DatPiff or was it streaming only?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
On that snail poo poo

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Anonymous John posted:

I met Thug at a meet & greet in a Boston shoe store last fall, and he actually bothered to make some sort of finger handshake.
https://twitter.com/johnjaydutch/status/645747210148143104

which one is yt? the photo is somewhat blurry and i can't tell

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Holy poo poo his opening on Drippin' with that beat.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

Was anyone able to download SS3 from DatPiff or was it streaming only?

Streaming only

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Loving SS3. Also someone mentioned Elzhi his album came out and I haven't heard anything about it. Way to waste whatever buzz you get time and time again dude :thumbsup:

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Robert Analog posted:

Loving SS3. Also someone mentioned Elzhi his album came out and I haven't heard anything about it. Way to waste whatever buzz you get time and time again dude :thumbsup:

Elzhis album is only out for backers of his kickstarter for now I think it's available for schlubs like me 4/1

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

SLATT 🐍🐍🐍

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I came home drunk last night and just kept playing the first track on repeat dancing around our living room. Excited to hear the rest!!!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

E.T. NO HOMO posted:

Elzhis album is only out for backers of his kickstarter for now I think it's available for schlubs like me 4/1

It's on Apple Music

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
Oh yeah that too.. I lose because I am a Google drone

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

alansmithee posted:

Yeah Skelethon was the first time he handled all his own production. He did a couple things on Bazooka Tooth and None Shall Pass, but most of that was other dudes. And you're dead on about that Kimye Dawson album, pure junk.

I agree the album with Kimya Dawson was pretty bad because of the production and Kimya Dawson but Aesop had some insane verses on it, e.g. Bats, Boomerang, TV on 10.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
schoolboy Q is amazing on that new A$AP Ferg track.. and now that im home I'm finally gonna sit dwon and listen to SS3...

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
this release is solid as hell

With Them, Drippin, Slime poo poo, Digits :prepop:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
DRIP!

DRIP!

DRIP!

DRIPPIN'!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
SS3 is fuckin grrrrrreat! (And it's on spotify!)

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
Have some Detroit rap

Guilty Simpson - Letting Off Steam / Love

Elzhi - Introverted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtDAsMGN3oM

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

I AM BRAWW posted:

schoolboy Q is amazing on that new A$AP Ferg track.. and now that im home I'm finally gonna sit dwon and listen to SS3...

Just came here to post this. I like the different bit at the start of the video better tho

https://youtu.be/Q2foQwkKQgc

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

it's good and i'm glad it's kinda short (running outta material not being saved for Hitunes I guess) but not as good as I'm Up imho

yeah, i gotta agree

I'll take it tho, With Them is good as hell

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

SLAT SLAT SLAT

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I've come to appreciate 8-10 track tapes a lot because that's what these 20-song monstrosities end up being when you cut out the filler

Perpetual Ascent
Feb 24, 2008

His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads...
I give the edge to SS3 'cause the mixing is a lot better on it

Over I'm Up I mean

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Loving SS3, like it a lot more than I'm Up

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

abraham linksys posted:

yeah sure, flying solo myself

I got 3 tickets so you can hang with my friends and me.

I'm not sure I could have been any more excited to see Thug for the first time ever then SS3 drops and it's amazing.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
So I guess I'll work backwards.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
proclick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7FqeqTpeRo

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I got 3 tickets so you can hang with my friends and me.

I'm not sure I could have been any more excited to see Thug for the first time ever then SS3 drops and it's amazing.

what if hitunes actually comes out before the hitunes tour starts

it won't, but, y'know, what if

i'm just hoping he doesn't cancel this tour like his last one

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I AM BRAWW posted:

Between this track and New Level I'm convinced Always Strive And Prosper is gonna be fire.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
http://yearofthethug.com/eulogy/

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://twitter.com/youngthug/status/713467881883873280

Looks like Thugga's been hanging out with Yeezy too much...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

this is tight