Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is a Hotdog a Sandwich?
Yes, it's a Sandwich.
No, it's not a Sandwich.
View Results

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
when you think about it, burritos are the tex-mex equivalent of the burger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Just try this thought experiment. Let's say there 's a man who's spent his entire life in a cave with no human contact. Let's say he gives you a hotdog. Is that hotdog a sandwich?

The answer is obviously no. Ergo hotdogs are not sandwiches.

*furrows brow, nods, hastily jots down notes and underlines NOT SANDWICHES*

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

when you think about it, burritos are the tex-mex equivalent of the burger

burritos arent tex, they're mex and also youre wrong in general hth

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
A sandwich needs leavened bread, that's why a taco/burrito doesn't qualify.

Is a hot dog a sandwich? I guess technically yes, but nobody would think of it as a sandwich unless pressed

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Mariana Horchata posted:

sure. i want to call tacos a sandwich but a mexican sandwich is a torta and thats just the way it is

* that was one super delicious hot dog (and chorizo) sandwich, i took a 3hr nap right afterwards and woke up still smelling like the smoker, hot sauce, and sweet onions

i think im gonna have to go get another one this weekend if its pleasant out

http://www.yelp.com/biz/freds-franks-wakefield

ahaha from that yelp page:

quote:

We go to hooters every year for my sons birthday, we show up with between 5 and 15 people, the staff at hooters in Saugus never complain and always accommodate us. Our group consists in age from 6, to 73 and the waitresses make us all feel welcome. This year was no different we ordered 50 wings, fried pickles, cheese sticks, fries, onion rings, and 2 kids chicken finger dinners, Our waitress was great and no one ever had an empty drink, the kids loved their Shirley temples. The wings rocked as always, and all the food was great, the Carmel cheesecake and chocolate moose pie were also a big hit. Keep up the great work and thanks for making another birthday a big hit for my son. If hooters was closer this would be my only place to get wings.

i had no idea people brought their kids to hooters, the pg rated strip club

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
For fucks sakes. It's a hotdog, who's going to order one and call it a sandwich?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's kind of an open-face sandwich with round meat, but if you define sandwich as anything with a bread-type outer layer that's too vague to be useful so just call it a hot dog ok

THE MORE IMPORTANT QUESTION is if you taped a hot dog to one wing of a plane and a regular sandwich to the other and put the plane on a treadmill if

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
are hamburgers sandwiches

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
hotdogs are a sandwich, it has meat between two buns, and you can put additional toppings on if you want, case closed

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Robo Reagan posted:

are hamburgers sandwiches

hamburgers are american burritos

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Ghost Head posted:

#notasandwich

yeah nice loving try you burgerheaded cocksucker

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if you put a sandwich in a hot dog and deep fry it and roll it flat and use that as bread to make another sandwich and put that in a hot dog, why would you do that?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
if you put deli meat and a slice of cheese in a hotdog bun is it a sandwich?

if you slice up a hotdog and put it between two pieces of bread is it a sandwich?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
youre describing two sandwiches, i dont see the question

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Before we decide if a hotdog is a sandwich I think we have to nail down exactly what a sandwich. What's the platonic ideal?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If I put a big hot sausage betwixt my buns is it a sandwich?

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Only uncouth barbarians refer to a hot dog as a sandwich. We civilized folk stuff that processed garbage down our gullets knowing the truth.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Sleep tight, Pizza

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer
Hot dogs are good and I like them. But they are not sandwiches.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Imo, if pizzas are pies then hotdogs are sandwiches.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer
Sandwiches have flat meat, or chunky meat.

Tube meat though, that's wayyyyy different.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

flat meat comes in tube form so its still a sandwich

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

What about a meatball sub, isn't that a sandwich?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

A sandwich is a food item consisting of one or more types of food, such as vegetables, sliced cheese or meat, placed on or between slices of bread, or more generally any dish wherein two or more pieces of bread serve as a container or wrapper for some other food.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

the real question now is are burritos a sandwich?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Hot Karl Marx posted:

the real question now is are burritos a sandwich?

You can't possible be serious with this question

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Hot Karl Marx posted:

flat meat comes in tube form so its still a sandwich

NO.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

You can't possible be serious with this question

Hot Karl Marx posted:

A sandwich is a food item consisting of one or more types of food, such as vegetables, sliced cheese or meat, placed on or between slices of bread, or more generally any dish wherein two or more pieces of bread serve as a container or wrapper for some other food.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer
A bun is a singular piece of bread :smug:

Hoisted by ur own petard

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
2 or more pieces of bread; a burrito has 1 tortilla.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
one open face hot dog sandwich please

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Replace the bun with a slice of bread

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Anderron Shi posted:

2 or more pieces of bread; a burrito has 1 tortilla.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

a tortilla is just a large slice of bread, and if buns only count as a single piece, and buns are used in sandwiches, then surely a burrito is a sandwich

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
a sub roll, or hoagie roll, or grinder roll, is a single large roll sliced down the middle and also a sandwich

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hot Karl Marx posted:

a tortilla is just a large slice of bread, and if buns only count as a single piece, and buns are used in sandwiches, then surely a burrito is a sandwich

No bc the tortilla is not leavened

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Mariana Horchata posted:

sure. i want to call tacos a sandwich but a mexican sandwich is a torta and thats just the way it is

* that was one super delicious hot dog (and chorizo) sandwich, i took a 3hr nap right afterwards and woke up still smelling like the smoker, hot sauce, and sweet onions

i think im gonna have to go get another one this weekend if its pleasant out

http://www.yelp.com/biz/freds-franks-wakefield

drat son you took your hotdog for a romantic walk on the beach

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

No bc the tortilla is not leavened

A flatbread is a bread made with flour, water and salt, and then thoroughly rolled into flattened dough.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

nothing is sandwiches, everything is hot dogs

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Luvcow posted:

a sub roll, or hoagie roll, or grinder roll, is a single large roll sliced down the middle and also a sandwich

No, as they can be held sideways and hoagie bread and hoagie fixings will remain in place. Horizontality is an overlooked but absolutely necessary condition for an item to be a sandwich.

A hot dog can never be held sideways because of its true nature as an open-faced comestible. Its true designation is as a "long tartine", not a sandwich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

shadow puppet of a posted:

No, as they can be held sideways and hoagie bread and hoagie fixings will remain in place. Horizontality is an overlooked but absolutely necessary condition for an item to be a sandwich.

A hot dog can never be held sideways because of its true nature as an open-faced comestible. Its true designation is as a "long tartine", not a sandwich.

This is the definition of a sandwich: A sandwich is a food item consisting of one or more types of food, such as vegetables, sliced cheese or meat, placed on or between slices of bread, or more generally any dish wherein two or more pieces of bread serve as a container or wrapper for some other food.

You are just making things up to seem smart. Hot dogs and burritos are sandwiches

• Locked thread