Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
1783 seems kind of early to be setting something in the old west, that's pre-Louisiana Purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Bakanogami posted:

1783 seems kind of early to be setting something in the old west, that's pre-Louisiana Purchase.

maybe it's the REAL old west, and it'll deal with the various distinctions, both subtle and sweeping, between the various native tribes and confederations

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 26, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Rodyle posted:

SHUT UP, THAT CAN'T BE REAL

e: why does all this have to be used on a gacha game :negative:

because money

it's okay though because we actually play this game

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rodyle posted:

maybe it's the REAL old west, and it'll deal with the various distinctions, but subtle and sweeping, between the various native tribes and confederations

The trailer does have "Indian" servants in it. :v:

Watching a slo-mo version of it someone put together and there are a couple things I didn't notice before.

Diarmuid is using swords instead of lances, for one. Also what I thought was a new female servant with long blond hair fighting Scathach was just Finn.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Remember when Shirou visited Saber's grave in UBW ending? Well...

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nyaa posted:

Yes?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nyaa posted:

I'm sorry, but the only ending I can remember is when Rin took Shirou and Saber on a world tour and everyone had fun forever :colbert:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Wuxi posted:

I'm sorry, but the only ending I can remember is when Rin took Shirou and Saber on a world tour and everyone had fun forever :colbert:
That's why the grave is fake. :downsrim:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Watching this fate stream, Doesn't know too much Japanese but it looks like Heaven's Feel will be 3 parts total with the first part releasing in 2017

Stall_19 fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 27, 2016

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
That's what everyone is saying. Sounds good.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
holy poo poo, shaft is animating a fate extra adaptation.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/713955993785225216

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Stall_19 posted:

Watching this fate stream, Doesn't know too much Japanese but it looks like Heaven's Feel will be 3 parts total with the first part releasing in 2017

Oh thank god.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh thank god.
Even better, seems to be by the Mirai Fukuin director. Who is apparently the biggest TM dork in the studio that seems to be full of TM dorks.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lost Encore

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

finally all will have to pay homage to Nero's infinite power and lovely dress

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Rodyle posted:

finally all will have to pay homage to Nero's infinite power and lovely dress
The most surprising part about playing Nero's route in Fate/Extra was the discovery that she's actually super awesome and well written.

Stupid dress first impressions really do mean jack poo poo.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
These announcements pleases me and I predict Fate fandom bullshittery of excessive magnitudes, it's good to be a TM fan in this decade.

I'll make Fate anime threads again and see how quick it devolves into idiocy once again

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Twiddy posted:

The most surprising part about playing Nero's route in Fate/Extra was the discovery that she's actually super awesome and well written.

Stupid dress first impressions really do mean jack poo poo.

I rolled into that game expecting to hate her and like Caster

BOY

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Arco Wada is a bad artist

e: V Yeah Medea owns I agree

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 27, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Caster is the best though?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Nah, Arco Wada's good, she can draw a variety of different types of people, but the fanservice is just ridiculous (and some of the designs can be blamed on Takeuchi himself)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/713955993785225216

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hm, *nods* yes, yes... yes.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Nailed it! I told everyone not to worry about that one interview from a few months ago, and that ufotable probably hadn't even made up their minds at the time what they wanted to do with it aside from making movies out of the route.

Compendium posted:

These announcements pleases me and I predict Fate fandom bullshittery of excessive magnitudes, it's good to be a TM fan in this decade.

And I agree with this entirely. It's a good time to be alive as a TM fan, and I predict even better times are the in future.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Stolen from the Season thread for the cool image:

https://twitter.com/ufotable/status/713962398504263680

Three parts should be enough unless they are sooo short. If I were doing it I'd set it up so that part 2 ends with Nine Bullet Revolver and therefore have the final movie just the entire endgame from that point on.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I hope the Heaven's Feel movies (at least the first part, since it's the most "horror" part of the route) capture a real nice KnK kind of atmosphere. Especially that moment early on in the story when Shirou and Saber go up to the temple and find a massacre, Kuzuki dead, and Caster a babbling mess who doesn't even try to fight back. It's definitely far from a more or less straight action story like UBW, so the same approach that worked for that story wouldn't fit HF at all.

Still, though, I think something like HF is going to be hard to adapt, because so much of the action people remember from the story is near the end, but I have faith in ufotable. Of course, there is always the chance of Nasu-approved extra content or changes to the story.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I mean even doing UBW as three movies would have probably resulted in a huge number of cuts, I think the fact that they are doing HF this ways means they know that the circumstances are a bit different here and that there is a need to cut out some of the fat in the middle.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Stolen from the Season thread for the cool image:

https://twitter.com/ufotable/status/713962398504263680

Three parts should be enough unless they are sooo short. If I were doing it I'd set it up so that part 2 ends with Nine Bullet Revolver and therefore have the final movie just the entire endgame from that point on.

I think that between Finale and Finale, Replay (End of the fourteenth day, beginning of fifteenth) is the perfect cutoff point for the second movie.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

please don't go with male protag for fate/extra

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why do you even care, the two are functionally identical.

e: By the way, if anyone wants to play with my Sir Edgelorde, feel free to add me at 346,253,995.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

-Troika- posted:

Why do you even care, the two are functionally identical.
a female protag is more interesting and unique in an action-ish anime than a male protag, while hakuno's dialogue is about 95% the same just the model it's coming out of can affect how you read it significantly, saber actually does have a lot of different dialogue based on whether hakuno is male or female, the dynamic of 'female master and flirty female servant' appeals to me more than 'male master and flirty female servant,' female hakuno calling rin a bitch is hilarious, male hakuno calling rin a bitch is bad

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nero's dress is actually good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I will approve female protag in the fate extra anim if she kisses nero

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Iirc they've been pretty consistent about pairing MHakuno with Tamamao and FHakuno with Nero in Extra material so I imagine we're getting the lady.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 27, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Namtab posted:

I will approve female protag in the fate extra anim if she kisses nero

I will approve either way, but she should kiss Nero

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Rodyle posted:

Arco Wada is a bad artist

Wrong

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Male Xavier with Nero on the anime and Female Xavier with AUO on the inevitable CCC sequel. *bangs gavel*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
male hakuno never because he has a face that's in dire need of a punch