Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh and forgot I don't think this has been posted.

Due to some bizarre bug a guy spawned a Starfarer in AC and flew it around. So you get to see first hand the fov from the cockpit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXUegQIZBNE

It kind of looked ok, if a little awkward, sitting in the hangar. Seeing it actually fly, it looks stupid as gently caress, embarrassingly so. Also, that FOV is completely outrageous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I did a quick test with my onboard chip thats a realtek 887, which is basically the 892 thats in a lot of goon recommended boards and the cheapo SIIG I got 6 years ago. At 50% the siig sounds louder and has better bass than the realtek at 100% on my M50s. The difference is even more pronounced on my AD700s where it sounds completely anemic on the onboard vs the card.

Impedance mismatch most likely.
Or a lovely preamp.
Or both.

But don't pay attention to it, it's all in your mind.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I dug about and found a few things out about the original flight suit. The main thing is it was 100% custom made for the movie, and unique to it. So I can't wait for the "it's a coincidence!" defense.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
How the hell is anyone able to do anything besides shitpost? I'm on vacation and I still can't catch up.

There is no way this woman is only a year older than I am. I understand that I'm not exactly youthful anymore, but man. Maybe crowdfunding the best campaign ever while being a marketing grnius ever since she was a little girl really ages you?

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh and forgot I don't think this has been posted.

Due to some bizarre bug a guy spawned a Starfarer in AC and flew it around. So you get to see first hand the fov from the cockpit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXUegQIZBNE

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Palisader posted:

How the hell is anyone able to do anything besides shitpost? I'm on vacation and I still can't catch up.

There is no way this woman is only a year older than I am. I understand that I'm not exactly youthful anymore, but man. Maybe crowdfunding the best campaign ever while being a marketing grnius ever since she was a little girl really ages you?

Shes just stupidly thin and has been for a long time it seems. Woman needs to gain some weight.

It will help with getting work with your 'acting' btw. Not looking like a skeleton.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Palisader posted:

I mean, she is kind of... well, scary looking. However, Sandi's appearance is probably the least legitimate thing to attack her on. But I still can't stop myself;

She really looks like she must be chewing adderall or vyvanse. That keeps a lot of people skinny like they want, but isn't exactly good for you. She has so little fat in her face compared to a healthy person that you can see all her "work". Or what I hope is work, because otherwise it's worse. I bet you could sell her a 'fat teenth of that blue sky' from Breaking Bad. Not that that's necessarily true, she just LOOKS like a stimulant junkie.

My other theory is that she married this guy to share, or bilk him out of, his project money. He's a doughy nerd with a bunch of money who's all mooney over an aspiring actress, what's the logical course? See if you can cash that check. This may not have been the bargain she anticipated.

It's either that or he told her it was a con (which I don't really think is a 100% conclusion) and she thought he was a goddamned GENIUS and found that plus the money sexy as hell.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

XK posted:

It kind of looked ok, if a little awkward, sitting in the hangar. Seeing it actually fly, it looks stupid as gently caress, embarrassingly so. Also, that FOV is completely outrageous.

Have visions of 6 or so running around there and falling down the lift shafts.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Palisader posted:

You'd think that someone who was one of the best business women in the world wouldn't be involved with a dinky little 100M hobby project, but would instead work somewhere where you'd have to add an extra zero at the end to actually make the project worth the company's time and where she would pull down 20M annually in salary and basic benefits, not counting bonuses…

She should really be able to fund her hubby's hobby out of her own pocket change, so what's with all this backer nonsense?

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

She is schooled in both the Asian AND the European language?!?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
Oh, right, they have MULTIPLE homes.

gently caress these people AND their backers. Bunch of loving idiots.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dusty Lens posted:

quote:

D_Smart posted:

Wrong.

This is how analysts work. You make predictions/analysis based on information at hand, and forecast trends.

At the time, with the cash they were rumored to have, I put that at three months.

At the time, even though I predicted - and posted about it - I had no idea that they would be dumb enough to release 2.0 in the condition that they did in order to max sales over the Q4 (their best time of the year btw) period.

Then they did.

And from the money they raised, last I checked, it bought them like maybe two months of funding. Tops.

Which is why I continue to maintain that they ARE low on funds, rely on the on-going funding in order to keep funding this dream; and that they are already in crisis mode.

I am sticking to my story because I know with 100% certainty, that I'm right.

quote:

D_Smart posted:
Pay attention.

The money they raised during that period, bought them extra time (hence my two months of funding tops).

That was my point.
So are you now saying it's two months from this exact moment (tops) or that it's Oktober + 90 days + 2 months.

I mean just for the record.

Wait does this mean you will never be a runway model : (

I know math is hard. So once again, pay attention.

In Oct, based on the information I had, I said that I gave them 90 days of funding left

By the end of Q4/15, after the stunt they pulled, they made enough money, which in my estimation, bought them extra (maybe two months, tops) time

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

When she was stopped in the streets of Australia will never cease to kill me. It's hilarious by itself, it's far more hilarious as an autobiography.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Daztek posted:

Yes, apparently

Edit: This is not by CIG, they're two people who used to work for CIG, I think?

http://whitedragon.deviantart.com/art/UA-FIghter-Pilot-s-Uniform-99491482

Pretty sure this is the one used for Chris Roberts, if not, another Tie Fighter pilot image

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Tie-Fighter-Pilot-166776010

Goons win again, and this was something I wouldn't have thought of winning in my wildest dreams. Thank goodness we have Chris to make additional dreams for us.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Xaerael posted:

Flip image, bingo. Wasn't hard to find.

e. had to put this on my imgur, I'm deleting it in a day or so because I don't want pictures of this gross harpy among my funny gifs and photoshops.

e2. new upload source, thanks Samizdata

Yup, same shot.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Pebergehund posted:

She is schooled in both the Asian AND the European language?!?

Her IMDB reads like a bad anime fanfic insert character's bio. She's Marysue Sparklewolf in the flesh.

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.

orcinus posted:

Impedance mismatch most likely.
Or a lovely preamp.
Or both.

But don't pay attention to it, it's all in your mind.

It's more likely they're comparing a line out to a headphone amp.

On the Starfairer video:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tokamak posted:

This is some audiophile nonsense. On-board sound in 2016 is more than enough for the average listener. If anything I have had problems with sound cards because they are prone to electrical interference from sharing the PCIe bus with the GPU. This is coming from someone who has an external DAC and headphone amp. What does 'tinny' and 'thin' even mean?

Yes, it is audiophile nonsense. I already told him basically the same thing.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

D_Smart posted:

I know math is hard. So once again, pay attention.

In Oct, based on the information I had, I said that I gave them 90 days of funding left

By the end of Q4/15, after the stunt they pulled, they made enough money, which in my estimation, bought them extra (maybe two months, tops) time

Yeah I mean I'm stupid as a bag of bricks but (maybe) two months (tops) following the end of Q4/15 means they ran out of money last month.

On the basis that I'm basically a bag of poo poo with brains to match maybe you could just name the month that they ran/will run out of money probably. I can totes figure out what month you mean if you just say, like, February 2016 or May 2016. I can do that.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
maybe cause part of the reason he fits and sticks around here is that he's also pulling poo poo out of his rear end to agitate people?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

The whole question of “n months of money left” is nonsensical anyway.

What matters is buffer/reserves. How big is it? Does the current month eat into or add onto that buffer? What is the status quo threshold? A two-month buffer can last a decade if the nibbles are small enough. It may also only last a week if some new massive expense is discovered.

So:
• Buffer size.
• Burn rate/status quo threshold.
• Expected monthly whale-fleecing over the next year or so.

All else is just pointless noise. And even that is simplified since it doesn't take available credits into reserve.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 26, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4c0e2f/star_citizen_alpha_23_meet_the_starfarer_trailer/d1e4vzm

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

It's gone pretty quiet on the Saitek Hotas-cum-Keyboard-cum-Trackball-cum-Stimplement.....questions need to be asked

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Dusty Lens posted:

Yeah I mean I'm stupid as a bag of bricks but (maybe) two months (tops) following the end of Q4/15 means they ran out of money last month.

On the basis that I'm basically a bag of poo poo with brains to match maybe you could just name the month that they ran/will run out of money probably. I can totes figure out what month you mean if you just say, like, February 2016 or May 2016. I can do that.

Not for nothing, but you are misunderstanding the info he has given you.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Sillybones posted:

Not for nothing, but you are misunderstanding the info he has given you.

Yes after a deep period of reflection I reached the same conclusion you have.

It was a grueling journey and I am glad to know that I did not take it alone.

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

Star Citizen uses real world math

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Pebergehund posted:

If that's true, then E:D is all the more impressive — inventing an entirely new paradigm of numbers. I mean, I know Ian Bell has a degree in mathematics, but that's just going overboard (and E:D isn't using that old flight model anyway…).

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Pebergehund posted:

Tractive effort of a steam engine or thrust of a F100 jet fighter: ~130kN

Thrust of a single maneuvering thruster in SC: ~5500kN

Yeah, that's "real world" alright.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Pebergehund posted:

Unlike the math sandi uses for her birthday.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

How this person's brain works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

It is a good ting these vocal and gullible idiots waste their time on a pointless internet spaceship game instead of something that could cause actual harm to society. For that reason, Star Citizen is good.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

I suspect 2.3 Live is going to prove to be a real house of horrors as the day goes on. Starfarer seems to be causing minimal increases. They are well and truly hosed.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Unlike the math sandi uses for her birthday.

Yeah, irrational numbers are used in that calculation.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

XK posted:

They stole elite's mail slot shaped station ports and applied it to all of their ships windows

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I suspect 2.3 Live is going to prove to be a real house of horrors as the day goes on. Starfarer seems to be causing minimal increases. They are well and truly hosed.

Boggles my mind they tossed out two patches (e/f) and then did a full push to live. I figured they'd do it, but was somewhat amazed the Austin staff probably hammered out a 20hr day to get it done all for the love of money.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

When is Star Marine coming out?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I imagine it'll be just like last month, where all of their monthly update stuff is standing by to roll out and it's just waiting on 2.3 to be pushed to live.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
wow that art plagiarism is incredibly inappropriate.

a lot of badly informed artist think changing the medium or colors is considered derivative work - it is absolutely not

bad idea Star Traders

what a shocker people associated with CIG would steal

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

DoctorStrangelove posted:

These questions are annoying. It is already in the PTU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Once the community saves it

• Locked thread