Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
How far behind are the updates to the funding spreadsheet normally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I can't wait to see CIG having to distance themselves from that Star Trader project!

Didn't expect to see an audiophile debate from 1996 on here. It doesn't matter what you play your music back on, every system sounds slightly different, every speaker will do something different in a different room. Music is balanced to translate and sound good on a massive range of systems and setups.

You can do a great mix on a pair of poo poo speakers and it could sound awesome, then you listen to it in the car or on a hifi and it sounds like rear end. Remix it on decent reference speakers until it sounds awesome, and it'll translate much much better to different systems.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

CODE BROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i r mastermind :dukedog:

e: lol 40 pages behind, gently caress meeeeeeeeeeee :negative:

e2: anything funny happened since 2577 that I should be looking out for?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MeLKoR posted:

You'll see :)

E: Starts at 2608

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

MeLKoR posted:

its been p good.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Daztek posted:

You'll see :)

E: Starts at 2608

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:thurman:

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

neonbregna posted:

How far behind are the updates to the funding spreadsheet normally?

The hourly tracker runs 1-2 hours behind. The daily tracker updates at midnight GMT, sharp. The fleet number updates every 15 minutes and the citizen number updates every ~10 minutes.

EDIT: just realized that's not what you're asking, but oh well!

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

Depends, how much do you love sound cards?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Mr Fronts posted:

When "Look at me!" is in reality, "Look at Jessica Biel!"

Okay then, I'll look at Jessica Biel.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ideate posted:

wait someone posted this already and I missed it right

90% of this game are lazy rip offs, the 10% Original CRTM is Kill-wrath-y/Vanduul schlock.

110 millions. Un-loving-belieaveble.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
derek smarts perdiction/timeline posts remind me of big poppa pump from wcw/wwe doing math

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

edit: tha numbers don't lah!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

eXXon posted:

That's a very impressive 3D jpg, what does it do?

Speaking of jpgs, what's the point of the packages that include 30 jpgs including every variant of the Aurora and other lovely ships? Are they to give away or in case the whale pilot loses the 29 better ships they have? Who would be dumb or bored enough to crew the multi-person ships if single-seat ships are a dime a dozen in this universe?

Also why do the boxes on that cargo ship spin if not for artificial gravity? Wouldn't it make a lot more sense if there were an even number so half could spin in the opposite direction?

There are people that have like 9 constellations and 22 auroras. Don't try and make any sense of it, just point and laugh.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

I agree with this. CIG is not in any financial trouble, not yet. Not only can they easily get a credit line, they can also make deals with other companies because at this point they are still a guiness book world record holder in crowdfunding. We don't know what deals Ortwin and Croberts made behind closed doors with potential investors. I bet there are more than a few people out there that have no idea about game development but are happy to throw a million or more at Croberts. You can't forget that people with money are everywhere and if they smell profit they come sniffing. I would not be surprised to see product placement in SQ42 either. Don't underestimate Business Development, for a project like this it's basically a job anyone could do it's so easy.

My estimate is still around Q1 2018 when the sales of SQ42 have tanked because it's a poo poo game and other space sims are in full swing with amazing reviews, top of the line VR experiences and truckloads of content CIG could never ever compete with. That is when this house of cards will collapse.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Jessica Beil if you read this please marry me. You are a beautiful faerie and I would dote on you every day. So long as I could do it without leaving my computer because Star Citizen is even more important to me, sorry bae.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Decrepus posted:

Jessica Beil if you read this please marry me. You are a beautiful faerie and I would dote on you every day. So long as I could do it without leaving my computer because Star Citizen is even more important to me, sorry bae.

I think she's already married to Justin Timberlake bro. Sorry :(

The good news is that Sandi will almost certainly be single again once CIG falls apart.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh and forgot I don't think this has been posted.

Due to some bizarre bug a guy spawned a Starfarer in AC and flew it around. So you get to see first hand the fov from the cockpit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXUegQIZBNE

My first thought was that they really improved the obstruction, a radical and actually good change. Then I realized that what I thought was the landing pad at Port Jankrings was actually a giant loving useless chunk of the ship blocking out nearly all of the view, and your'e expected to look through a mailslot as you fly the thing.

Also here is what happens if you try to Friendship Drive around the one planet with a formation.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tippis posted:

Star Citizen: Everyone would be better off if it were a scam

^this

:siren: MODS? :siren:

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
If onboard sound is so great why does this only happen on my pc with onboard sound?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...sking-a-few-q-s

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

You bastards. This much fun should be illegal. Actually it might be: today I realized my two ISPs here are blocking SA because the Russian government said so. I loving hope they didn't invest in jpegs.:ussr:

Titizens are talking about the AI in the trailer because they saw the letters in this shot.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

stinch posted:

If onboard sound is so great why does this only happen on my pc with onboard sound?

The sound driver is clearly in alpha

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

This guy has no idea he just bought a janky Far Cry mod

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

i found the true prophecy of star citizen hidden in this audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwjBbYrHMkw&t=266s

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

PRIVELEGE

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Happy Sisyphus posted:

i found the true prophecy of star citizen hidden in this audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwjBbYrHMkw&t=266s

Accurate

Startlingly so

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Next concept sale has to be the Corvette since the Blade was a lead balloon and their fuckups with the Scout and the Starfarer pricing. Of course just typing this will alter the future. I feel like Marty in "Back to the Future".

The four known concepts --

1) Corvette
2) Dragonfly
3) MISC mini miner thing
4) Drake Buccaneer

Hell they just figured out yesterday the Dragonfly will have sport bike seating. Jared didn't now that.
Buccaneer description was just basically words.
MISC miner was a rip-off of some movie which Croberts basically axed and sent back to the drawing board. Somewhat ironic given everything else has been ripped off.

Which leads to the Corvette. Priced around $750, limited to 2K units...1.5M. A lot of pent up rage of spergs not being able to buy an Idris so there is quite a market.

Only thing is I don't quite understand the goofball token system or if folks can melt their entire fleet to pick one up which would alter the funding.

In short, they need to blast the next one out of the park to keep the money train rolling and more importantly instill a level of confidence that all is well.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

stinch posted:

Your computer is slightly self aware and wants to play a good game

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Makes sense. :shepspends:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

orcinus posted:

I think i'm still in the early stages.
I get tinnitus+vertigo attacks on the left once a month or so.

The nice thing about it is tinnitus ramps up, so i get a warning the vertigo will kick in in a few seconds.

I wish. I suspect most of my coworkers just think I am a spaz.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Goddamn, what a wild ride the past few days have been. This is what happens when I get caught up in something and can't blitz through 800 posts or so at a time...

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Decrepus posted:

She is not allowed. You have to be 18 to have an account iirc and Sandi is only 17 iirc.

Wait really? I broke the rules, I signed up when I was 16, haha.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

MeLKoR posted:

Makes sense. :shepspends:

So uh ... if 'tech, stories, gameplay, and spoilers' are verboten, what is available to be talked about?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh and forgot I don't think this has been posted.

Due to some bizarre bug a guy spawned a Starfarer in AC and flew it around. So you get to see first hand the fov from the cockpit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXUegQIZBNE

Wow! That is so...pants.

WTF was with the glass glitches?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Waldo P Barnstormer posted:

It's more likely they're comparing a line out to a headphone amp.

woah rude

Well just to prove you wrong I tried driving my M50's through my laptop's on board poo poo. OK, that just doesn't work, it's much, much too weak to give me any bass and treble at the same time, I'd really need an amp to use them.

On a side note, I found it funny that my newly bought Sony phone came with pre-enabled "dynamic normalizer" setting. I know compressors are easy to misunderstand, but really? Also it made everything sound poo poo.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ravane posted:

Wait really? I broke the rules, I signed up when I was 16, haha.

I signed up when I was 6. I am one of the best shitposters ever, and I have known that since I was a little boy!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

At lot of that trailer looks better in reverse.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I suspect 2.3 Live is going to prove to be a real house of horrors as the day goes on. Starfarer seems to be causing minimal increases. They are well and truly hosed.

What. I really thought this would mean big cash - lots of people must melt their old bad ships to get it.

I think next ship "sale" will be fresh money only

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Risc1911 posted:

I agree with this. CIG is not in any financial trouble, not yet. Not only can they easily get a credit line, they can also make deals with other companies because at this point they are still a guiness book world record holder in crowdfunding. We don't know what deals Ortwin and Croberts made behind closed doors with potential investors. I bet there are more than a few people out there that have no idea about game development but are happy to throw a million or more at Croberts. You can't forget that people with money are everywhere and if they smell profit they come sniffing. I would not be surprised to see product placement in SQ42 either. Don't underestimate Business Development, for a project like this it's basically a job anyone could do it's so easy.

My estimate is still around Q1 2018 when the sales of SQ42 have tanked because it's a poo poo game and other space sims are in full swing with amazing reviews, top of the line VR experiences and truckloads of content CIG could never ever compete with. That is when this house of cards will collapse.

Sounds like Cloud Imperium Games might slowly start to enter too big to fail territory, what happens next, Christ Roberts bankrupts the Game Industry with backer default swaps sold to EA, Activision and Ubi Soft, having leveraged backer funds 1:1000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

Only thing is I don't quite understand the goofball token system or if folks can melt their entire fleet to pick one up which would alter the funding.

The tokens are used to turn store credit back into a previously-purchased-but-since-exchanged-for-store-credit. People can certainly melt down their fleets to get the credit to buy a Polaris, but they can only turn store credit back into a ship once a quarter.

Donny Disability currently has a Sabre, a Reclaimer, & an Orion but really wants a Polaris corvette. Unfortunately, his disability cheques for losing a foot to diabetes doesn't really leave him liquid enough to splash out $750 all at once & still make payments on the trailer.

He melts down the Reclaimer & Orion to make $700 in credit, puts in $50 of fresh money into the CIG coffers & buys a new Polaris. Total change to CIG: $50 cash, -2 Fleet Size.

• Locked thread