Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Any bets on what impressions will be in the next episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

They are definitely going to comment on Jeremy Irons role.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

They should have done a double feature with Eragon for the true Jeremy Irons slumming it experience.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I anticipate at least one Ichiban: Lipstick for Men joke.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Looking at the cast on IMDB for this movie from the year 2000 it has Thora Birch (sure), Marlon Wayans (of course) and also a random Tom Baker cameo (what the poo poo).

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

They should have done a double feature with Eragon for the true Jeremy Irons slumming it experience.
I kinda want then to do Eragon now, just because it really is a total Gary Stu bullshit fantasy movie. I can imagine Andrew getting utterly pissed at it.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Illinois Smith posted:

Looking at the cast on IMDB for this movie from the year 2000 it has Thora Birch (sure), Marlon Wayans (of course) and also a random Tom Baker cameo (what the poo poo).

Yup, I think he is an elf elder or something?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

GrandpaPants posted:

Eragon is kind of the opposite of D&D because he is clearly the only actor who is trying to make something out of his character, instead of just sleepwalking or chewing the scenery.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Evil Mastermind posted:

I kinda want then to do Eragon now, just because it really is a total Gary Stu bullshit fantasy movie. I can imagine Andrew getting utterly pissed at it.

At least Eragon had the excuse of being written by a teenager. A homeschooled teenager who just happened to have family involved in the publishing industry.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
One of the saddest things about Eragon is that the main focus of the book, the budding relationship between Eragon and Saphira as rider and dragon, where he finds her as a hatchling and raises her to adulthood, is completely glossed over. She hatches, flies into a storm, gets hit by lightning that turns her into an adult dragon, and the story continues like that isn't the dumbest thing anybody has ever seen.

If the rest of the movie had even attempted to hide the bland Star Wars/ LOTR homage, it might have approached watchably mediocre. Instead, it's just How To Train Your Dragon

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TetsuoTW posted:

I'm a huge nerd and I've never once played D&D or anything like it, unless D&D videogames count. It's easier than you'd think to avoid.

I was going more on their age rather than them being nerds; I'm not really nerdy at all but because of the D&D Satanic Panic I felt obligated to try playing it with my middle school friends once.

e: For the record, I was a Half-Elf Cleric/Fighter. So maybe I am a nerd because holy poo poo, is there a nerdier race/class combo?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

precision posted:

is there a nerdier race/class combo?

So long as you're not Chaotic Neutral you're good to go.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Chaotic Neutral is the worst thing to come out of D&D bar none. It makes no sense!

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

precision posted:

Chaotic Neutral is the worst thing to come out of D&D bar none. It makes no sense!

Basically it allows a player to crap all over the game because there is no selfish, random, unjustified action that cannot be passed off as "hey, just playing my alignment, guys :shrug: "

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky
I'm looking forward to the next episode a whole lot. It's such a terrible film. Spawn level CGI. A "Dwarf" who's only marginally shorter than the other characters. The Hero's reaction to Marlon Wayans death. The Crystal Maze section. It's all sooo terrible.

Hard to top Letter From Death Row by the sounds of it though.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sleeveless posted:

So long as you're not Chaotic Neutral you're good to go.

The first time I ever played D&D I was a Chaotic Neutral elven thief. Playing on the bus on the way to and from middle school.

OrthoTrot posted:

I'm looking forward to the next episode a whole lot. It's such a terrible film. Spawn level CGI. A "Dwarf" who's only marginally shorter than the other characters. The Hero's reaction to Marlon Wayans death. The Crystal Maze section. It's all sooo terrible.

Hard to top Letter From Death Row by the sounds of it though.

The main henchman wears blue lipstick for no reason and has a cgi parasite shoved in his head because Jeremy Irons felt like it.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 26, 2016

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Evil Mastermind posted:

Eragon is, beat for beat, A New Hope. Like, it's not even following the hero's journey, it's literally star wars episode 4 but with Jeremy Irons and John Malkovich

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Inkspot posted:

One of the saddest things about Eragon is that the main focus of the book, the budding relationship between Eragon and Saphira as rider and dragon, where he finds her as a hatchling and raises her to adulthood, is completely glossed over. She hatches, flies into a storm, gets hit by lightning that turns her into an adult dragon, and the story continues like that isn't the dumbest thing anybody has ever seen.

If the rest of the movie had even attempted to hide the bland Star Wars/ LOTR homage, it might have approached watchably mediocre. Instead, it's just How To Train Your Dragon

The real saddest thing about Eragon is that it's just Dragon with the first letter changed

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Eragon is cool because a good amount of the second book is dedicated to the author being an Atheist, Deal With It where the super cool and enlightened and pubic hair-less elves handily disprove the religions of the other races.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sleeveless posted:

Eragon is cool because a good amount of the second book is dedicated to the author being an Atheist, Deal With It where the super cool and enlightened and pubic hair-less elves handily disprove the religions of the other races.

I'm really hoping that not having pubic hair is a key point in their proof of a lack of god.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
As a giant D&D nerd, the worst thing that isn't a Wayons brother in that movie is the beholder. They're not dumb watchdogs! They should be running poo poo! I'll lend you my 2e copy of I, Tyrant if you need proof!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Basically it allows a player to crap all over the game because there is no selfish, random, unjustified action that cannot be passed off as "hey, just playing my alignment, guys :shrug: "

This is the platonic ideal of Chaotic Neutral:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

As a giant D&D nerd, the worst thing that isn't a Wayons brother in that movie is the beholder. They're not dumb watchdogs! They should be running poo poo! I'll lend you my 2e copy of I, Tyrant if you need proof!

It didn't even shoot any eye lasers! loving Futurama did beholders better.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Get hype:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm anticipating a lot of unintentional reenaction of their angry-man-asking-for-a-handjob-from-their-mom character.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Either that's a good filter or they look good unshaved.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

MisterBibs posted:

Mom, get over here!

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

duz posted:

Either that's a good filter or they look good unshaved.

Man, Harry's gonna be piiiiiisssed.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu1GoB51AeQ

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I know this isn't exactly the best place to ask, but was Arrested Development the origin of that joke? (Sound of Silence)

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

They already have a deep seething hatred for Zack Snyder (off topic but they hate Troma too) so I suspect they went in already hating the film. The film was kind of a mess, but it wasn't terrible and it did have some interesting ideas and at least attempt to do something different.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Is that Steve in the back? Somehow he looks exactly like his voice sounds :allears:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

From left to right: Steve, Eric, Andrew

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/713926190030012416

I can't wait to hear this episode hahaha

I felt the same way, so it should be pretty entertaining. More entertaining than the movie itself.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Hockles posted:

I know this isn't exactly the best place to ask, but was Arrested Development the origin of that joke? (Sound of Silence)

According to Know Your Meme, yes, you can blame the 4th season of Arrested Development on that joke taking flight.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Hockles posted:

Probably more the Graduate.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
This BVS review is gonna be a big one. Apparently it's going to come out on Tuesday as a full show episode.

Corek fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 28, 2016

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Corek posted:

This BVS review is gonna be a big one. Apparently it's going to come out on Tuesday as a full show episode.

Huh, taking the place of D&D?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Yeah, D&D gets pushed back a week. They must have really loathed BvS to not even wait for Worst of 2016

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The D&D episode is getting bumped to next week. That sucks. I couldn't care less about their take on BvS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Not My Superman