Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

gipskrampf posted:

Just found out that there was a Roman Empire in Space MMO developed by Mythic ten years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISMqPosBCFs

Never saw the light of the day, but somehow it oozes more atmosphere and has a clearer art direction than anything I saw by CIG.

Yeah, was really disappointing when they canceled it. They went for Warhammer instead I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Sunswipe posted:

For gently caress's sake, they've got a Star Trek phaser and communicator along with the time machine from The Time Machine. I'm not a legal expert, but shouldn't they need permission to use those?

You can get away with so much under the guise of parody, but the game looks dry as gently caress, so there's really no excuse.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

ZenMaster posted:

It gets so much worse:

Posted by Sandi, makes it look original... what a scam.

OMG Croberts it totally EightofAce.
The helmet guys.. the helmet!

mind : blown.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Yeah, was really disappointing when they canceled it. They went for Warhammer instead I think.

And they all lived happily ever after.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002
hahahaha oh man

so they released art somewhere for another star traders person "The Hero" I think, so I was gonna try to find that and we could figure out where they stole that from

and then I realized

hahahaha oh man check out that station

it's CERTAINLY not deep space 9 with some parts removed

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ideate posted:

hahahaha oh man

so they released art somewhere for another star traders person "The Hero" I think, so I was gonna try to find that and we could figure out where they stole that from

and then I realized

Stumpy Sandi kills me every tiime

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

lovely job but :effort:

http://i.imgur.com/gRHs7m3.gifv

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Is all this Star Traders poo poo real, or some kind of fan-wank? If it's real, how are they not sued into oblivion already? This can't be real.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
there is 0 chance of the starfarer being flight ready before CIG flatlines.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Take this poo poo to reddit lol.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Sundowner posted:

derek smarts perdiction/timeline posts remind me of big poppa pump from wcw/wwe doing math

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

edit: tha numbers don't lah!

chances of releasing drastic go down

Scott steiner is a national treasure and I hope that Chris Roberts will consider creating a Big Poppa Pump voice pack

I mean, borrowing/barely remixing someone else's assets to get a kickstarter prototype ready to hype attention but yeah these guys are pretty shameless

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 26, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

hahaha someone posted some of the original images as comments to their face book posts

they removed said posts

https://www.facebook.com/TradersLuckGames/

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Realistic Development Time Scale

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

lol, they scrubbed the twitter too

https://twitter.com/TradersLuck

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Scruffpuff posted:

Is all this Star Traders poo poo real, or some kind of fan-wank? If it's real, how are they not sued into oblivion already? This can't be real.

I have no idea how any of this is real.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ideate posted:

hahahaha oh man

and then I realized

Hey, be fair.

It could be Empok Nor.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

and the self owns don't stop

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Dusty Lens posted:

I have no idea how any of this is real.

A: Incompetence

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Star Citizen is not a space game but some kind of ARG

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Tank Boy Ken posted:

A: Incompetence

I mean. Maybe? But how do you basically have a constant stream of obviously plagiarized material for a board game associated with a company that deals almost exclusively in the creation and distribution of images.

I know that there's a running commentary regarding SC's IP bankruptcy but it's not like they just grab the USS Enterprise, spin the nacelles 180* and call it a concept sale. These dudes are just grabbing poo poo like Deep Space Nine and giving it a quick trim and calling it good?

I'm not sure if I'm being triggered but I am confounded.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Star Citizen has brought me more entertainment than GTA IV. Not that that's saying much, but I'd be ok with them quoting that in their promotional material.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Scene: CIG offices late Friday night.

So, uh, I need you to work over Easter weekend, scrub any of this artwork you find from anywhere, and make new replacement art from scratch.

It's for a boardgame Kickstarter about our game's economy.

Oh yeah, the Kickstarter deadline is in less than 48 hours.

You and your family can celebrate Easter next weekend.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Xaerael posted:

Has there ever been an ATV style "news" :lol: show where Crobs and Sandibot were sat together? One of the thread historians might know?
(Somebody probably has answered this but if not.)

Yes-- early Wingman era, during Sandi's "Red" phase...

One was in the Austin office (lots of "let's pretend we're not married" smiling awkwardness from Chris)... But it is rare.

Maldavos
May 26, 2015
Grimey Drawer

This is so loving weird. It's like the only way this guy can imagine interaction with his daughter is through some lovely spaceship game.

It's going to cause a real rift in the family when his little girl wants to do normal poo poo. Not playing space-lord with daddy is going to be a major act of rebellion.

Maybe we should preempt all this and buy her an SA account.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Daztek posted:

hahaha someone posted some of the original images as comments to their face book posts

they removed said posts

https://www.facebook.com/TradersLuckGames/

lol this Ryan Archer guy is a loving plagarist trying to pass himself off as an artist.

Can we get the original artists to be made aware of this so they can go after him? And can we make sure this is plastered everywhere so this douche has to gently caress off forever?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I always thought that the cross was for one org specifically. But I guess if you choose a "faith" based organization it gives you a cross by default?

Cripes.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
lmao the sa forums prolly just hosed up this guys career

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Codependent Poster posted:

lol this Ryan Archer guy is a loving plagarist trying to pass himself off as an artist.

Can we get the original artists to be made aware of this so they can go after him? And can we make sure this is plastered everywhere so this douche has to gently caress off forever?

This^

I'm probably gonna make an imgur post and spam it over and over. I don't do reddit.
But seriously, crazy copyright poo poo right there.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Turd Burglar posted:

No, that guy hosed up his own career. We just saw what he did

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

CIG did by parading that cutout on their shows :v:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Turd Burglar posted:

he hosed up his own career

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

The Glumslinger posted:

Well unless I'm mistaken there's not much happening at all beyond them furiously scrubbing the evidence away on any hosting service but SA. Unless someone has actually raised the flag somewhere relevant?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Scruffpuff posted:

It's actually a pretty old game. It's apparently not very good, and was part of Steve Jackson games' line during the 80's.

David Ladyman got the rights back recently, and decided to hire a plagiarist to make new art, since the old artists probably had the art rights returned to them.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Maldavos posted:

This is so loving weird. It's like the only way this guy can imagine interaction with his daughter is through some lovely spaceship game.

It's going to cause a real rift in the family when his little girl wants to do normal poo poo. Not playing space-lord with daddy is going to be a major act of rebellion.

Maybe we should preempt all this and buy her an SA account.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/LightFlight

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Dusty Lens posted:

I mean. Maybe? But how do you basically have a constant stream of obviously plagiarized material for a board game associated with a company that deals almost exclusively in the creation and distribution of images.

I know that there's a running commentary regarding SC's IP bankruptcy but it's not like they just grab the USS Enterprise, spin the nacelles 180* and call it a concept sale. These dudes are just grabbing poo poo like Deep Space Nine and giving it a quick trim and calling it good?

I'm not sure if I'm being triggered but I am confounded.

I just find it somewhat odd given the level of disposal income and how much the card game kickstarter has been lauded by CIG that it stands a pretty good chance of not making it. Granted, the last 24-48 hours of kickstarter always give a boost but percentage wise they are a ways off.

It is almost like most of the SC audience they are pandering to donate find it silly to fund an actual physical product that involves real-life getting together in person type poo poo where you have to shower and meet other persons face-to-face as being reprehensible.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Will CIG run an Easter egg hunt event asking the players to report all balls with "Delete me" on them?

Maldavos
May 26, 2015
Grimey Drawer

Ugh. All the virtue-signaling. "I help the homeless so they too can fail at life."

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
And they say goons can't be helpful.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/17396/star-citizen-game-audio/p17

Samizdata posted:

And you have MY SWORD!

No, it is NOT Hanzo steel. And I own no fedora/trilbys. NO, I am NOT a MLP fan!

Imma bout to take the sword away...

who is the best pony samizdata

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Good luck to that kid, she's gonna need it. Her hosed up whaledad is planning hard on how he'll live vicariously through her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Star Traders! Which commando will you be?

• Locked thread