Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/239709734/star-traders/comments

Set course for Damage Control, Warp Nine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

sorry for the necro post, but someone should actually report this to the studio behind Stealth.
Pretty sure they can get a lawsuit for this lol!

Also why does she look like an ffing midget.

And the stimperor image to Disney. I hear they are quite litigious

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

I just find it somewhat odd given the level of disposal income and how much the card game kickstarter has been lauded by CIG that it stands a pretty good chance of not making it. Granted, the last 24-48 hours of kickstarter always give a boost but percentage wise they are a ways off.

It is almost like most of the SC audience they are pandering to donate find it silly to fund an actual physical product that involves real-life getting together in person type poo poo where you have to shower and meet other persons face-to-face as being reprehensible.

I think it's more that the game already exists and has a clearly defined scope, so it's impossible to project arbitrary fantasies onto it.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

The word “shambles” seems significant enough.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Parody means similarities!

Hahaha. Yeah sure, go for similarities. But stealing someone's art is not parody.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dusty Lens posted:

Star Traders! Which commando will you be?

I know who I want to be.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Tippis posted:

You'd think that someone who was one of the best business women in the world wouldn't be involved with a dinky little 100M hobby project, but would instead work somewhere where you'd have to add an extra zero at the end to actually make the project worth the company's time and where she would pull down 20M annually in salary and basic benefits, not counting bonuses…

She should really be able to fund her hubby's hobby out of her own pocket change, so what's with all this backer nonsense?

a company like would require work of some sort.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Are you guys telling me that one of the artists that works (he actually doesn't) at CIG, a place that has the *best* artists they actually don't somehow managed to create 100% original art that, by freak coincidence, looks like art from other people?

Because the alternative is that he stole that poo poo and, :cmon:, why would a CIG-caliber artist have to do something like that?

Next you're going to be telling me that Disco, Sandi, Croberts, and the blob are also not good at their jobs.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Parody means similarities!

Hahaha. Yeah sure, go for similarities. But stealing someone's art is not parody.

"Temporary costume art"

*Makes giant cardboard cut outs*

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

How many "AAA" games companies actually refer to themselves & their output/collective works as such?

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

It's a parody of those guys on deviantart! And that other guy's portfolio!

Laffo! Parody!

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

orcinus posted:

Off to see Satman v Buperman.
I wonder if it's as poo poo as people say.

It's as poo poo as people say.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

orcinus posted:

It's as poo poo as people say.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
oh please please keep that cardboard cutout for the next Around the Verse so we can get banned from twitch chat for endless jessica biel jokes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

even the world's most delegation-loving ceo probably does more to earn his paycheck than she does.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Scruffpuff posted:

Maybe this should be a Goon project. Have everyone pick their favorite PARP face, and send it to Gary Oldman's fan mail address asking for an autograph. He'll get loving deluged, and run even further from this shitshow than he already has.

Heh, thought about that but still on the fence. Was going to toss in some DVD of Dracula with it to make it look more legit.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Colostomy Bag posted:

Heh, thought about that but still on the fence. Was going to toss in some DVD of Dracula with it to make it look more legit.

Well we do all love signing

-Brazilianpeanutwar he of the many languages, such as Asian and English.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Decrepus posted:

Ben Lesnick is the brains behind the breading chamber.

:laffo:
They even come equipped with readily available eggs for the batter.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
uh oh

http://jamga.deviantart.com/art/Tie-Fighter-Pilot-166776010

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Madcosby posted:

oh please please keep that cardboard cutout for the next Around the Verse so we can get banned from twitch chat for endless jessica biel jokes

Please, by the time Monday 0:00 GMT rolls around there will be phone calls to the LA office. Of course the LA office is 8 hours behind.

Given how fast they react, I expect by 3 PST that the cutout will be unceremoniously placed in the dumpster in an upended fashion. Fabricated legs peeking out from the discarded Dorito bags, coffee grinds and other miscellaneous hopes, dreams and concept jpegs.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

corn in the bible posted:

a company like would require work of some sort.

That's very unfair of them.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

Ok Mr. Oldman. In this scene you're in a Vuul insemination chamber.

We've wrapped this nerf football in green tape, we'll do the CGI later. We're going to do some freestyle method acting so just follow your instinct.

Nerf football in green tape?
Isn't that what the bunny guy has in his crossbow?

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

Ask your physicist/not dumb friends to explain that one from a realism standpoint.

They haven't figured out a technology/aesthetic standard. It's all over the loving place and based on Wing Commander science where everyone goes quiet on spaceships (even the bulldozer driver) while the enemy tries to find you with depth charges.

I'm bringing this back up because I like the design theory behind the Orion. I looked like a low-tech warship without artificial gravity or a cyclic generator driven laser cannon/particle beam ship. It does not look like a miner in any shape or form. I wouldn't call it unique, but a culmination of similar past ship designs by other artists.

If I had a chance to put that ship into a game: The Orion looks like a high-technological end of a pre-artificial gravity spacefleet. The forward end would point towards later ship designs, while the aft retains the rotating sections for the crew. However, CIG, is driven by Robert's Rule of Cool, so coherency be damned.

Wait... whatever happened to the Shuban mining station? Did that base, which was supposed to hold SQ42, just disappear from CIG altogether?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

sorry for the necro post, but someone should actually report this to the studio behind Stealth.
Pretty sure they can get a lawsuit for this lol!

Also why does she look like an ffing midget.

Because they didn't have the whole legs to work off from, so someone drew them from scratch and completely botched them.
That + playing with proportions to get the tits to look better, and making the head way too big, because Sandi likes looking at her head.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

"Temporary costume art"

*Makes giant cardboard cut outs*

I wonder how long that pic lasts on Sandi's Facebook :ohdear:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Oh my.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

his nibs posted:

I wonder how long that pic lasts on Sandi's Facebook :ohdear:

lol, it's also in the middle of their AtV scenes

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

the plot thickens

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

:eek:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

lol, it's also in the middle of their AtV scenes

haha oh yes.. this is hilarious

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

Stumpy Sandi kills me every tiime

I'm imagining a duck-like waddle.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Should probably put a link to the kickstarter in your vidyo description, commando

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/4c2kis/derek_smart_is_actually_good/

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
The amount of crazy from all that is RSI is loving insane.
"temporary costume art" lmfao.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

[Removed]

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

this is wonderful

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

Mirificus posted:

It's actually the same guy.

gently caress

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

When I show people Star Citizen, it's always difficult to impress upon them what about SC that makes it different from other spaceflight games. It's the little details: how spaceflight is far more nuanced than just ship.moveForward();; how the ships are designed to rigorously realistic standards; how I can get excited over a system called grabby hands simply because it's the most thoughtful sounding object holding system I've seen for any FPS. One has to describe how this isn't just EVE:Online clone, you actually control your ships; you and your crew can pilot ships together. I might show them the lengthy Design articles and letters from the chairman, but rarely do people have the opportunity or interest to read those walls of text.
This video singlehandedly takes care of all of that. It concisely and visually details how Star Citizen is:
A detail-oriented game that rewards those who have an attention for detail
Not just about mindless space violence, this ship is not a fighter
There are huge ships and it's a task for many crewmen
Downright gorgeous
There may have been a few older videos that did this, but SC's standards of quality have been rising lately. Of course it's not the final word, nor is it a perfect introduction, but it's concise, filled with detail, and has an excellently (wub free) soundtrack to boot. Barring a proper introduction to the game, this video is an excellent teaser to get someone interested, for sure.
A+ CIG, well done mates

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

Star Citizen is not a space game but some kind of ARG

orcinus posted:

Star Citizen ARG: Thank you all for playing

We all get that feeling from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

• Locked thread