Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

DoctorStrangelove posted:

When is Star Marine coming out?

Believe it or not, Chris Roberts and EA actually agree on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

ideate posted:

For some reason I wanted to believe this was just Ryan passing some poo poo off on Ladyman because he thought he could get away with it.

Oh well, guess they're all frauds. I'll suppose I'll use $1 of my refunded CIG money to become a backer of $tar Traderz$ so I can make awful comments on their Kickstarter page

I honestly want to believe this the same way I want to believe that Erin Roberts is a good guy who is aware that poo poo is absurd but is mostly angry that he has to keep trying to make a good game despite it.

But it's pretty apparent that Ladyman is happy to "deal with it" rather than go "oh poo poo I am party to a serious fuckup this is really bad and my name is associated with it, I sure wish I hadn't accidentally reviewed 0 pieces of art that went into the game I've been trying to make for 8948 years. gently caress me what a kerfuffle. I guess I'll ban anyone who mentions it while I wrestle with this moral quandary before ultimately making the right choice."

"Which is cashing my check"

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Eonwe posted:

excellent work, it seems to be inspired by both work that Dusty Lens and I have both made

thank you its sort of a parody

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Even though this stuff was for that boardgame (Sandi standee notwithstanding), this Archer fella was right at home with CIG. Let us not forget the the CitizenCon poster that they sold in which the original Hilton hotel name and logo were still visible under the paintover, or the privateer character concept which uses the likeness of the dude from The Rules of Attraction:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

by the way everyone just fyi eonwe is one of my biggest backers so its okay to use his av

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I'm just blown away by the latest. CIG has to be the longest running parody company I've ever seen. This is some next-level poo poo - like Joaquin Phoenix holding character for years for a piece of work nobody gave a poo poo about. Absolutely mind-blowing. I keep thinking, with each revelation, "OK well that was over the top, now everyone will see, they blew it this time" and whoosh - right over the backers' heads and the train keeps on running.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Kakarot posted:

I think they got the idea guys...

Evidently not, given the response

Also way to doxx yourself idiot heh :smug:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Eonwe posted:

you know what i'd really like to do? Tabletop Sim with my star citizen pals

do you guys think we could get a tabletop night going?

Hopefully they won't partner try to with Berserk Games to have Star Traders as DLC for Tabletop Simulator.

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

A Limbo of the Lost reference, nice!

thank you, it seemed appropriate

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

i wonder if they'll do a public announcement (lol)

or just try to weather it out

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Wise Learned Man posted:

Even though this stuff was for that boardgame (Sandi standee notwithstanding), this Archer fella was right at home with CIG. Let us not forget the the CitizenCon poster that they sold in which the original Hilton hotel name and logo were still visible under the paintover, or the privateer character concept which uses the likeness of the dude from The Rules of Attraction:

I did forget. Thank you for the reminder.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

When is Star Marine coming out?

As soon as they can license the rights to the name “Star Marine” from the current trademark owner.

It seems like such a quaint old fuckup from the early days in hindsight. :v:

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

hahahaha holy lol

all this time we were all like "at least the art department at CIG is churnin out the goods" and now look at this.

its just

its just neverending

theres always more

exactly, this is unbelievable.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek posted:

just try to feather it out

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Let's make a boardgame called Solar Merchants.
With hookers and blackjack and stolen paintovers of paintovers of stolen art.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Daztek posted:

i wonder if they'll do a public announcement (lol)

or just try to weather it out

well the funding campaign is going to fail i think they probably just move on and try not to deal with it

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

orcinus posted:

Let's make a boardgame called Solar Merchants.
With hookers and blackjack and stolen paintovers of paintovers of stolen art.

Toops???

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
us nerds huh?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90XvjSB9bQQ

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Eonwe posted:

is there any more art floating around?

like this may be legitimate art, but it could straight up be redheaded Chris Hemsworth

That's a smaller version of this, which both creators tweeted:

and, uhhhhh

http://www.expressionschallenge.com/planets/

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 26, 2016

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

Eonwe posted:

us nerds huh?

:yeah:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jon Do posted:

They call me... Rogue Masterstroke. Don't get in my way, rook.

And try to keep up!

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Eonwe posted:

us nerds huh?

It's a parody so expect similarities.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Guys I found leaked artwork from the farm module

DO NOT SHARE

DO NOT STEAL

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I need to learn GIMP sometime, but the :effort: in this seems more fitting.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Prop Wash posted:

and, uhhhhh

lol i'd be surprised if even 5% is original art now

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eonwe posted:

I'd be all over a tabletop night. When do you think they are going to add Star Traders? :gary:

Dusty Lens posted:

I've been eating a lot of beets lately. They're tasty but sometimes you forget for a split second that they turn everything red and you don't actually need to make a quick trip to the hospital.

That's probably relevant to the discussion I don't know.

If you're lurking and wondering when it should be a good time to start posting consider this post to be an example of how bad of a poster you can be and everyone here is still pretty nice.

Yeah we eat a lot of beets, and it's weird having red EVERYTHING for like a week at a time. If you want some good beet recipes LMK, I have bunches.

Also, yes. new people/lurkers - Never Not Post. If someone gets mad at you for badposting just do what I do and say you learned it from watching Eonwe.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Prop Wash posted:

and, uhhhhh

lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
This is like :todd: all over again

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Prop Wash posted:

and, uhhhhh

Nice!

even without the Star Citizen angle, finding the trad games equivalent of Limbo of the Lost is pretty hilarious

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Prop Wash posted:

and, uhhhhh

:laffo: It's never-ending, isn't it?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Prop Wash posted:

and, uhhhhh

ahahahahaha

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Limbo of the Lost Star Traders

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Eonwe posted:

Good idea. Somebody work up a mod for Darkest Night that replaces the necromancer with Chris's head on top of Spectre Knight's sprite

It's a parody so some similarity is expected

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
new people, just register and come post

the only people goons in this thread are mean to are ones that actively try to show what sick burns they can pull off for no reason

if you just come and post and say dumb poo poo and have a good time you'll be perfectly welcome

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im not kidding about tabletop night

ideate
Aug 20, 2002
He "made" this:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Jwad0

which was actually posed on some CIG thing

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/14618-78th-Squadron

anyway there's no loving way that crab is not a tracejob

hahaha this is actually how they put it up on the CIG site

this loving game

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Found some secret revised Star Trader board art...

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Those lazy motherfuckers want 50K for a bunch of copy and paste art and lolreferences

When I made a lovely android app no one uses or is probably even aware of I used only creative commons art and painstakingly attributed everything. This was for babbys first learn to app which is free and art wasn't even the focus of the project

Just shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Eonwe posted:

new people, just register and come post

the only people goons in this thread are mean to are ones that actively try to show what sick burns they can pull off for no reason

if you just come and post and say dumb poo poo and have a good time you'll be perfectly welcome

Hell that's what I did.

And I found out Eonwe and I apparently share weird mirror-universe apartments and cattes?

• Locked thread