Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Internet Kraken posted:

They kind of have. Insects are everywhere.

The secret is that while insects are everywhere, they're also super zen and totally capable of living side-by-side with everything else. Bugs rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This bunch of Junji Ito-inspired cosplays popped in my FB feed and they're freaking me out

Well I hope you're happy because now they're freaking me out too

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

Well I hope you're happy because now they're freaking me out too

It's ok girls scare me too

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This bunch of Junji Ito-inspired cosplays popped in my FB feed and they're freaking me out

This poo poo is cool. Thanks.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Lenin keeps trying to get up.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Astrofig posted:

Is this edited or what would be causing this?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Aesop Poprock posted:

The world needs him once again

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQKzesTq0Wo&t=24s

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
GAH.

http://memento.muttermuseum.org/

That entire website belongs in here.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

GAH.

Welp looks like I know where I'm roadtripping to this summer.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Scathach posted:

The secret is that while insects are everywhere, they're also super zen and totally capable of living side-by-side with everything else. Bugs rock.

A bug flew into my eyeball today, killing itself. gently caress you.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Maybe if you didn't have such a poo poo eyeball

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't think it's edited; the only explanation I ever saw was something about humidity fluctuations shrinking and relaxing the tendons in his wrists and neck due to improper embalming, but that could be bullshit, who knows.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Astrofig posted:

Don't get my hopes up like this thanks

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

GAH.

I've taken different people there about 5 times. It's surprisingly small but they fit a fuckton of stuff in the 4-5 rooms they have.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Astrofig posted:

Sometimes things move when they shouldn't.

http://i.imgur.com/Nl68KEM.webm

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Sometimes things move when they shouldn't.

http://i.imgur.com/Nl68KEM.webm

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
Junji Ito is the man and all - the brilliant brilliant man and one of my favorite human being on earth - but he ain't crazy.

His characters have logic, his stories have a clear structure with buildup and payoff, and his climaxes are oh so satisfying.

He's a sane man tappin' into some crazy poo poo, but he ain't crazy.

Hino Hideshi is crazy.

This guy draws like Jim Davis with PTSD. He writes things that don't make any goddamn sense. But holy gently caress if I can't stop reading.

There's not much in his background that suggests why he's so troubled. His wiki mentions a scene in his early childhood where he and his family escaped a Chinese army, but nothing after that. He doesn't talk about military affairs or running from scary institutions, he writes about children being shunned from society because they're ugly and artists who get aroused at the smell of their own blood.

My only issue with his work is that it's not terribly satisfying. Sure, he took me on a fever dream that only he could provide, but when it ends, it just drops me on my rear end and pimps out. No resolution.

Fun Fact: Mr. Hino directed Guinea Pig entires "A Flower of Flesh and Blood" and "Mermaid in a Manhole", aka the BEST IN THE SERIES.

Shintaro Kago is crazy.

Holy poo poo this guy needs to be on a watch list or twenty. I would be genuinely uncomfortable being in the same room with this dude.

His art ranges from amazingly detailed to borderline amateur at times, which then bounces back to amazing which makes me wonder if he has more control over his own pen hand than humanly possible.

It's good in that we don't always get beautifully drawn depictions of spilled organs and internal parasites and taxidermied human corpses turned into espresso machines ALL of the time - only meh ones some of the time. It's bad in that you KNOW this guy is scribbling these images in someone's crawlspace.

I have no loving idea what his stories are trying to communicate. He's speaking to us with the sincerity and urgency of a David Lynch film, but I can't quite grasp it. Maybe it's a cultural thing? Who knows.

Hashigutchi Chiyomi was batshit crazy.

The big lady herself comin' in. She's better known at Nekojiru, aka that wacko behind Cat Soup. I'm just a tad obsessed with her.

Mrs. Hashiguchi is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. It's clear that much of Cat Soup, particularly the early entires, are autobiographical. We know very little about her except:

A. She was a severe alcoholic and used heavy drugs once in a while
B. She was bisexual and most likely had gender identity issues (it comes up with the self-insert character Nyako a lot)
C. She was heavily beaten by her parents as a child
D. She might have died for a short time during an intense fever in childhood - it's a theme that keeps coming up in her stories and the "dying" part is always very detailed
E. She might have been involved in the serious injury (death?) of her little brother (unbacked rumor)
F. She was anorexic and would only eat liquid foods
G. She was "married", aka she moved into a beta's house and tormented him into submission. On several occasions she attacked him with knives and box cutters, driving him from the house.
H. She was TINY - under 5 feet tall and less than 90 lbs.
I. She whipped her cat with an electrical cord regularly.
J. She hung herself at the age of 31 with no suicide note. We never found out what was tormenting her.

Mr.Chill has a new favorite as of 21:42 on Mar 18, 2016

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Recommendations on what to read by each artist? I LOVED Cat Soup

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Kago owns but some of his stuff is unnerving to the point that I find it unreadable, I.e. suck it

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Recommendations on what to read by each artist? I LOVED Cat Soup

To my knowledge Hashiguchi only made Cat Soup.

Hino's stories are... well, he writes like that 13-year-old you knew in school who was writing the grossest stories he thought were possible. You know, the kid whose stories went "And then there was a monster, and he was soooooooo ugly because he had maggots in his, um, mouth. And there was this town where they cut off lots of people's heads and there was a pile of heads and it was HUGE and it got too huge so they threw them in the river and now the river is full of heads and the monster was all 'this is cool imma live here' and he did the end."
I guess Hell Baby is a good place to start. It's at least a complete narrative.
http://www.guromanga.com/author/hino-hideshi#.VuzyqGQrLwt

Pomp posted:

Kago owns but some of his stuff is unnerving to the point that I find it unreadable, I.e. suck it

I agree with you there - he's a really hosed up person who I hope is on some watch lists. He has a thing for dismemberment and necrophillia that goes beyond "I'm trying to freak my readers out" and into "This is my actual fetish". Read with a strong stomach (or not at all, it's completely understandable).

Kago has a lot of shorties like Ito. I think the most interesting without being completely disgusting is Abstraction, because at least it seems like he's going for a "deconstruction of the medium" thing rather than his usual "I want to cut a woman's head off at the jawline and make out with her tongue" like he normally does. It also shows that he has one HELL of a powerful imagination that I wish he would expand upon rather than just being nasty.

http://imgur.com/a/y0Npy

I have a fascination with art made by legit insane people, but I have my limits. I'd say Kago is that limit.

Mr.Chill has a new favorite as of 08:11 on Mar 19, 2016

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Plethora posted:

It also shows that he has one HELL of a powerful imagination that I wish he would expand upon rather than just being nasty.

I'd just stick to being glad that he has an outlet for all that... creativity.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

If you want creepy, read Hino's Panorama of Hell and keep in mind how much of the main character's life is based on the author's.

Bismuth has a new favorite as of 08:28 on Mar 21, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Decrepus posted:

A bug flew into my eyeball today, killing itself. gently caress you.

Haaa

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Bismuth posted:

If you want creepy, read Hino's Panorama of Hell and keep in mind how much of the main character's life is based on the author's.

That one is just good in general tbh

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Bismuth posted:

Wow, really? This stuff seems extreme. I found an article mentioning that he had a traumatic childhood as an immigrant to Manchuria, which adds to it.

The fact that this is how he draws himself is disturbing alone. Apparently there's a whole psychology around how artists make their self-portraits, and while I don't know the logistics around it I'm sure this one isn't healthy.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Plethora posted:

Creepy manga people

Kazuo Umezu is creepy too, he really seems to have it in for children:

His house is scary too

http://www.jamieism.com/1098/life/umezu-kazuo-sensei-and-the-umezz-house

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

freelop posted:

His house is scary too

Isn't he the guy who wrote vanishing classroom? That story is loving insane but it has a happy ending... Kinda

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

freelop posted:

His house is scary too

never heard of this guy but i wanna be as cool as him

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Isn't he the guy who wrote vanishing classroom? That story is loving insane but it has a happy ending... Kinda

Yeah Drifting Classroom, that's what the top image is from.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
Presenting "The Anguished Man" - a haunted painting of unknown origins.

I just found out about it today and it freaks me out something nasty.

Backstory:

"Over twenty five years ago a friend of my Grandmother gave her an old oil painting called ‘The Anguished Man’. She told my Grandmother that the artist used his own blood mixed in with the oils and committed suicide shortly after finishing the painting. I have no way of confirming if this story is true or not, but my Grandmother passed the story down to me when she gave me the painting.

I really liked the painting, but because my wife didn’t like it I kept it in the cellar. After our cellar was flooded during a prolonged period of heavy rain I moved the contents of the cellar to my parent’s garage while the cellar dried out. When I got the painting back I decided to keep it in our spare bedroom on the third floor of our house. Shortly after we started to hear strange noises, loud unexplainable bangs and an odd scraping noise like someone scratching their nails on fabric.

When the painting was in the cellar our dog would not go in the cellar, she would just stand outside growling; now when it was upstairs she refused to go to the top floor despite the fact that she usually used to follow me everywhere. At night we would often hear crying and sobbing noises. I suppose these noises could have come from outside the house, and it was suggested the crying could have been a cat outside, but they sounded like they came from within the house. I wasn’t duly alarmed at this point and put everything down to natural phenomenon, however I started to see the shadowy figure of a man in the house, it was always just in the corner of the eye or brief fleeting glimpses of a dark shape. Soon the rest of my family were seeing things too. It has also been suggested that because we all knew the history of the painting that we were all imagining these things, and I suppose that is a possibility, but at the time it felt very real.

As the weeks went by the noises got progressively worse, I even heard crying that seemed to be coming from inside our own bedroom, again it has been suggested that this could have been from a cat outside the window but I’ve heard the noises cats make and this sounded distinctively human. A few nights I woke up suddenly and saw the dark figure of a man standing at the foot of the bed. Could I have been dreaming? Again, this is a possibility, but at the time it felt very real. The figure had the appearance of a tall middle aged man but his features were unclear. I never actually felt afraid at this point just extremely curious. I wanted to find out what was happening. Was it just my imagination or was there something paranormal happening? We started to notice numerous cold spots around the house and we often had a strange feeling of being watched. I often felt like someone was standing directly behind me and heard whispers that seemed to be extremely close by.

One evening my wife had gone to bed early, she thought it was me getting into bed beside her but when she turned around she found herself staring into a strangers eyes. I heard her scream from downstairs and ran upstairs to find her extremely shaken up by the experience. She has since told me she may have had a very lucid dream but at the time she was convinced it had actually happened. After this experience my wife persuaded me to put the painting back in the cellar. Things settled down almost immediately but once again my dog refused to go anywhere near the cellar, when the painting was upstairs the dog would quite happily follow me into the cellar.

After posting the videos on YouTube I attracted a lot of interest worldwide and several people asked me if I would consider setting a video camera up in an attempt to record some of the activity. I moved the painting back into the top bedroom and set up the video camera. I recorded for approx eight hours over three consecutive nights. After the first night I was convinced I had left the bedroom door open but in the morning it was closed so I changed the camera angle in order to record more of the bedroom because at first it had been focused solely on the painting. After spending several hours looking through all the footage I found I had recorded quite a lot of noises, most of them sounded like they came from outside the house and were easily explainable but a few were different. They sounded like they came from inside the bedroom. There was a strange scraping sound similar to the noises we had previously been hearing and the sound of a loud bang, like something falling but in the morning nothing was disturbed.

When I checked the footage from the second night I found I had recorded the bedroom door suddenly swinging shut despite there being no drafts in the room. The third night I closed the door before recording in the hope it might swing open through the night but on this occasion it remained closed. I decided to leave the painting in the top bedroom for the time being and over the next few weeks my wife felt someone stroke her hair when she was in the bathroom and one night when I was going to bed I saw a strange fog like mist at the top of the stairs, I walked into the middle of it and it was extremely cold, it felt like I was standing in the middle of some dry ice, my vision was blurred and I became very light headed, then suddenly it vanished as quickly as it came.

Now while some of the incidents could be explained by saying I was dreaming or it was a result of my over active imagination, this strange mist was real, it was something I could see and feel and something for which I can find no explanation. While the painting remained upstairs the whole family experienced feelings of being watched. We also started to hear the noises at night again, somehow the whole house felt different when the painting was upstairs. I also began to experience intense feelings of anxiety and dread and suffered from terrible nightmares, at one point it felt like I was being repeatedly and violently lifted up out of bed and slammed back down. I also started dreaming about the painting and kept dreaming about the same man, a tall middle aged man but I could never quite make out his face.

After a few weeks I decided to set up the video camera again in the spare bedroom to try and catch some more of the activity on tape. This time I recorded over four consecutive nights for about seven hours each night. I spent hours looking through the footage again and I found I had recorded several strange light anomalies. At the time these were recorded everyone in the house was sleeping, there are thick curtains up in the bedroom so it can’t be light from outside. There was one small lamp on in the bedroom at all times. They were not like the usual ‘orbs’ you see on some videos and photographs, they seemed to be moving around and over the painting. I also recorded many noises, such as bangs and scraping sounds that were similar to the sounds in my previous video.

A few days after this was recorded I heard my sons footsteps coming down the stairs then suddenly I heard him stumble and fall down the last four or five steps. I jumped up and rushed to help him, to my relief he was unhurt, just a little shaken up. Later on in the day I could tell that something was bothering him so I asked him what was wrong, he was a little reluctant to tell me at first for fear of sounding stupid but after some persuasion he told me that it felt like something had pushed him downstairs. He said that he was just walking down the stairs when he felt a pressure on his back that pushed him forward, he tried to stop falling but he said the force behind him was too strong. Well this really concerned me, was I putting my family at risk by keeping the painting in the house? I decided to put the painting away again in the cellar and once again the activity seemed to stop.

I have tried to research the paintings background and have posted the story all over the internet in the vague hope that someone will recognise the artist but so far I have had no luck. I have had many offers from people wanting to buy the painting but I really have no desire to sell it. At first I thought the painting was very unsettling but I put down all the activity to the fact I had been told of its background and perhaps I was imagining things, but the longer I had the painting the more convinced I became that there is something paranormal about it.

It has been suggested that because he used his own blood in the oils it could be the restless spirit of the artist but a few people have told me that it may be much more sinister than that, they told me that it could be some sort of demon. At first I was a little disturbed by the activity but I always felt there was nothing malicious or evil about it but since my son’s ‘fall’ down the stairs I’m not too sure. If the painting is indeed ‘haunted’ then is the ‘spirit’ trying to communicate with us, trying to tell us something? I have been advised at various times to burn the painting or even bury it, then I have been told not to burn it because if I burn it and it is some sort of gateway then I would be just sealing whatever has come through into our reality and that could make matters much worse. I have also been told to have it blessed or even exorcised. I do know now, however, that I don’t want to destroy it. I have asked my family if they know anything about the painting but nobody knows anything about it. All I have to go on is what was passed on to my Grandmother and in turn was passed on to me.

Hopefully I will eventually find out the artist’s name and then I will be able to research the validity of its back story. I have tried to remain objective and look at the events rationally but I have no explanation for some of the things I have experienced."

http://weekinweird.com/2012/11/27/mail-bag-torturous-cries-the-anguished-man/

More info on the painting:
https://www.facebook.com/theanguishedman/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRQSWgYNqvI

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/26/471626195/with-just-pencil-and-paper-a-patient-found-escape-inside-state-hospital-no-3

From NPR today

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Plethora posted:

Presenting "The Anguished Man" - a haunted painting of unknown origins.

Yes, that is something I would want to display in my guest bedroom. Real comforting to whoever spends the night there I'm sure.

Isn't there some kind of testing you could do to determine if the painting actually contains blood?

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken posted:

Yes, that is something I would want to display in my guest bedroom. Real comforting to whoever spends the night there I'm sure.

Isn't there some kind of testing you could do to determine if the painting actually contains blood?

Well it's fake and was painted some time around 2009. The real creepiness is the owner's body type. The guy legitimately has ape arms with unsettlingly huge hands and forearms. Also the voice of the grim reaper.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I appreciate a solid haunted art story, especially where the spirit isn't necessarily malicious, so thanks for sharing that.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Plethora posted:

Junji Ito is the man and all - the brilliant brilliant man and one of my favorite human being on earth - but he ain't crazy.

His characters have logic, his stories have a clear structure with buildup and payoff, and his climaxes are oh so satisfying.

He's a sane man tappin' into some crazy poo poo, but he ain't crazy.

Hino Hideshi is crazy.

This guy draws like Jim Davis with PTSD. He writes things that don't make any goddamn sense. But holy gently caress if I can't stop reading.

There's not much in his background that suggests why he's so troubled. His wiki mentions a scene in his early childhood where he and his family escaped a Chinese army, but nothing after that. He doesn't talk about military affairs or running from scary institutions, he writes about children being shunned from society because they're ugly and artists who get aroused at the smell of their own blood.

My only issue with his work is that it's not terribly satisfying. Sure, he took me on a fever dream that only he could provide, but when it ends, it just drops me on my rear end and pimps out. No resolution.

Fun Fact: Mr. Hino directed Guinea Pig entires "A Flower of Flesh and Blood" and "Mermaid in a Manhole", aka the BEST IN THE SERIES.

Shintaro Kago is crazy.

Holy poo poo this guy needs to be on a watch list or twenty. I would be genuinely uncomfortable being in the same room with this dude.

His art ranges from amazingly detailed to borderline amateur at times, which then bounces back to amazing which makes me wonder if he has more control over his own pen hand than humanly possible.

It's good in that we don't always get beautifully drawn depictions of spilled organs and internal parasites and taxidermied human corpses turned into espresso machines ALL of the time - only meh ones some of the time. It's bad in that you KNOW this guy is scribbling these images in someone's crawlspace.

I have no loving idea what his stories are trying to communicate. He's speaking to us with the sincerity and urgency of a David Lynch film, but I can't quite grasp it. Maybe it's a cultural thing? Who knows.

Hashigutchi Chiyomi was batshit crazy.

The big lady herself comin' in. She's better known at Nekojiru, aka that wacko behind Cat Soup. I'm just a tad obsessed with her.

Mrs. Hashiguchi is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. It's clear that much of Cat Soup, particularly the early entires, are autobiographical. We know very little about her except:

A. She was a severe alcoholic and used heavy drugs once in a while
B. She was bisexual and most likely had gender identity issues (it comes up with the self-insert character Nyako a lot)
C. She was heavily beaten by her parents as a child
D. She might have died for a short time during an intense fever in childhood - it's a theme that keeps coming up in her stories and the "dying" part is always very detailed
E. She might have been involved in the serious injury (death?) of her little brother (unbacked rumor)
F. She was anorexic and would only eat liquid foods
G. She was "married", aka she moved into a beta's house and tormented him into submission. On several occasions she attacked him with knives and box cutters, driving him from the house.
H. She was TINY - under 5 feet tall and less than 90 lbs.
I. She whipped her cat with an electrical cord regularly.
J. She hung herself at the age of 31 with no suicide note. We never found out what was tormenting her.

freelop posted:

His house is scary too

Yume Nikki seems a lot less outlandish after reading these. Still has some threadworthy fanart tho:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

This was fantastic, thanks for sharing.

If you're ever in Baltimore, you should visit the The American Visionary Art Museum. It's an entire museum of works by self-taught and outsider artists, many of whom have/had mental health issues or just generally strange lives. A lot of the artwork is somewhat creepy and would fit nicely in this thread.

This is my favorite piece in the permanent collection:

It's a self-portrait, carved out of a single tree trunk by an anonymous patient at a British mental hospital in the 50's, and is simultaneously elegant and unnerving. The artist committed suicide not long after.

I went a few weeks ago, and the current exhibit has this installation made by Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips:

Admittedly, art made by a millionaire who makes popular music sort of stretches the definition of outsider art, but it's cool as gently caress. The hanging things behind the teeth are LED strips, which flash in different colors and patterns in time to the weird, drony music that's playing, and everything is reflected by the rounded mirror on the ceiling. You crawl inside, lay down (it's full of this very comfortable but probably pretty gross squishy material), and just sort of zone out. It's like some weird combination of a womb and a spaceship, and it did odd things to my brain.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Crow Jane posted:

This was fantastic, thanks for sharing.

If you're ever in Baltimore, you should visit the The American Visionary Art Museum. It's an entire museum of works by self-taught and outsider artists, many of whom have/had mental health issues or just generally strange lives. A lot of the artwork is somewhat creepy and would fit nicely in this thread.

This is my favorite piece in the permanent collection:

It's a self-portrait, carved out of a single tree trunk by an anonymous patient at a British mental hospital in the 50's, and is simultaneously elegant and unnerving. The artist committed suicide not long after.

I went a few weeks ago, and the current exhibit has this installation made by Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips:

Admittedly, art made by a millionaire who makes popular music sort of stretches the definition of outsider art, but it's cool as gently caress. The hanging things behind the teeth are LED strips, which flash in different colors and patterns in time to the weird, drony music that's playing, and everything is reflected by the rounded mirror on the ceiling. You crawl inside, lay down (it's full of this very comfortable but probably pretty gross squishy material), and just sort of zone out. It's like some weird combination of a womb and a spaceship, and it did odd things to my brain.

This kind of self-taught art can be pretty amazing, the Smithsonian has a similar piece by a guy who worked for 15 years on this one piece.

http://americanart.si.edu/collections/search/artwork/?id=9897

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

This image (linked for dongs) was featured in H.W. Janson's History of Art, a copy of which my father owned, and it creeped the hell out of little me. But I couldn't stop looking it up every now and then.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/FxvxhBM.jpg :nws:

In other news, when I was a kid I used to read this Italian horror comic which was hugely popular in Italy and east of it, called Dylan Dog. The creator and main writer was a huge fan of horror, sci-fi and movies in general and introduced me to many classics through homages before I even got a chance to see the originals. There was this one story, inspired by A Space Odyssey which was really sad and unnerving to me as a kid. Also it was drawn by the best artist of the house with a special talent for creepy. So, the gist of it goes:

A man turns into this while making love to his wife:

and a bunch of weird things keep happening like this:

and in the end it turns out it was all caused by a space monkey who was presumed dead, but instead got "Bowmanized" by extra terrestrials and returned to Earth with immense power and intelligence, but still a hosed up mind from the childhood in a lab:

To the 11-year-old me, it was the saddest thing that ever could be. :qq: